Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 17, 2021 4:36 AM

Sep 2019
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
ZeroTwo__002 said:
2011 romcoms were dull? There were a lot of great romcoms from the past decade.
It's quite unique plot though and not cliche like other romcoms these days.
Unique, yes, but the execution (at least episode 1) is not that good.
Yeah episode 1 overall was okay but I have pretty high hopes for upcoming episodes.

_PALS_ said:
ZeroTwo__002 said:
2011 romcoms were dull? There were a lot of great romcoms from the past decade.
It's quite unique plot though and not cliche like other romcoms these days.

I'm pretty sure this is not the only one where childhood friend wins. And I don't mind cliche plot as long as characters are mature, logical and relatable... and also writing should be good.
We all got different taste bro.. there's nothing to fret about. If you like this anime that's cool too.
No you totally missed my point. I'm saying why your are comparing this to 2011 romcoms implying those were dull.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenApr 26, 2021 1:55 PM
Apr 17, 2021 6:22 AM

Aug 2019
Lol...
This comedy is not bad...
```````````````````````````````````
Apr 17, 2021 9:10 AM
Dec 2018
After Tomozaki, we have another anime with a highly manipulative character. Maybe even more than one. Some of it was quite funny. Will probably leave it and watch a few episodes together once the season is over.

I think they could have chosen a better term than revenge. What they are looking for is to make her regret it not choosing him. That is a bit more relatable, revenge sounds too harsh and he has nothing to get revenge for.
Gab5Apr 17, 2021 9:16 AM
Apr 17, 2021 9:40 AM

Apr 2020
I never knew a anime episode would be very cliche before then this. I thought Horimiya was cliche, but this takes it to another level, to be honest I have more respect to Horimiya after I’ve seen this episode.
Nina supporter for life💕
Apr 17, 2021 12:27 PM
Jan 2017
pros: there is one money shot with Kuroha
cons: that was the only interesting thing about this episode

There was no tension, no comedy, nothing heart racing. This show is about as bland as it gets. I thought dynazenon hit the lowest point in anime this season but that at least has graphics and fight scenes.

There are many scenes that could use greater contrast in colour to give more impact but were wasted. Like the scene with Abe meeting the mc on the rooftop, you can hear the high-tension mysterious music, but the colour is ehhh, very monochrome, so much so I had to rewatch it one more time to even pick out the soundtracks going on in the back because there were no colour shifts to go with the music, they could add like suddenly having a plane pass-by to cast a shadow on the mc and Abe, etc. here, he just feels like a small fry as opposed to being the destined rival the whole episode built him up to be.

Same with the scene at the riverbank, there was a colour shift but you would barely notice the sky becoming darker because the scenes are broken up by the black and white flashback of a railroad at its end, which is random and excessive. What might feel like a natural transition was disturbed.

I know it sounds nitpicky, but there is absolutely nothing else to talk about this show. The sound director is definitely working hard, many soundtracks in the background, they also sync the character movement to the sound, see abe scene for example, but there is just a feeling of incongruence and cheap feeling I just cannot shake.

Also, I cannot take the characters' actions seriously, and empathise with them, unlike some of the other series this season. There is something wrong that is making this show seem mundane.
Apr 17, 2021 6:48 PM
Nov 2020
MC should just get with his "older sister" Kuro ...why be so petty and get "revenge" on his first love?
Apr 18, 2021 3:03 AM

Jun 2019
Ayeee... count me in. I like the concept of this romcom. Kuro is cute. Sueharu is a dummy.
Apr 19, 2021 2:50 PM

Nov 2008
Hmmmm, I'm slightly interested in where this'll go. I'll keep it around for at least a few episodes.
Apr 19, 2021 5:26 PM
Apr 2021
The MC falls in love with the most popular and famous girl in the school, approaches her and shows an interest in her professional work, makes no romantic advances toward her and is treated politely back as one of her classmates... and upon finding out she already has a boyfriend he decides that she betrayed his feelings and deserves to have her relationship ruined so he can have a chance at her?

That's super fucked up right? I mean it's just a hairs breadth away from "I was nice to her and she was nice back, why won't she fuck me now?"
Apr 19, 2021 5:44 PM
Sep 2020
Truth be told, I'm only watching this because Kuroha has the same VA as Rem from Re: Zero, and Rem and Kuroha's personalities match. If shitty protag doesn't choose Kuroha, I'm going to flip a table.
Apr 20, 2021 11:53 PM

Mar 2013
This is very interesting. She’s going to win his heart by pretending to help him get revenge. Smart gal.
I love all 3 main voice actors. I hope Kachi has more lines next episode.
I wonder what his past job has to do with anything though. It’s a bit confusing how they ended it at that, like they dropped a bombshell. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Apr 21, 2021 12:28 AM
Mar 2012
Background: flood fill: white
production quite iffy not to dogakobo's usual standards, but the VAs & dialogue are quite decent.
Also feels like Masamune + Nisekoi.
Apr 21, 2021 12:06 PM

Jan 2021
I'm loving the character designs of both Shida and Kachi, damn these two are hot AF!! That was actually a close call with that attempted kiss scene from Shida, I honestly thought for a moment that they're gonna kiss in the first episode (then I realized I was watching a rom-com, not a hen** lmao).

And TF was that ending, our MC was a genius child actor?? So I'm guessing maybe he knew Abe from his childhood or something like that..

Apr 24, 2021 1:32 AM

Oct 2018
This vibe, is so similar to Masamune-kun no revenge and also Nisekoi. And this will easily be my best anime for the season. We have Tonikaku Kawaii, then Horimiya, and finally this.

Kind of sad that Haru reject the kiss by Kuro Shida. I was waiting for this cute moment.

That ending though, it's really suprising. You have a love rival now and also the powerful one as well. Now how can you defeat the best boy Abe Mitsuru, Haru-san?
RiriHitosuyanagiApr 24, 2021 1:37 AM
Forum set made by Nate
Apr 25, 2021 11:49 AM
Jul 2019
well well, we haven't gotten far already the guy is cheating....
Apr 27, 2021 4:39 AM

Dec 2012
Interesting first episode lmao

May 8, 2021 11:18 AM

Nov 2008
I am liking this....and it's actually hard to not root for the childhood friend this time....I hope Kuroha wins. xD

Haru is a stupid jerk for sure....but in an entertaining way at least. Matsuoka is having fun, you can tell. xD
ChiibiMay 8, 2021 11:31 AM

May 18, 2021 9:56 AM
Dec 2020
I’m fucking loving this anime god kuro and crush hella hot hopefully it actually goes somewhere and gives us a ending.😂🔥❤️👍🏻.
Jun 16, 2021 3:41 AM

Jun 2016
Can't say I'm impressed with the art or animation on this one. It just feels kinda shit all-round.

Not a big fan of the way the plot has been set-up. The dramatic leap from 'I like this girl' to 'I must get revenge on her' to 'maybe not, I still like her', is rather depressing to watch. I think this show would be marginally better as a full on drama, than a romcom show.

Oh, and the mc is an actor. A shit one, from the looks of it.

Jun 16, 2021 8:54 AM

Nov 2017
Pretty impressive with how many tropes and clichés they were able to put in one episode
Jul 2, 2021 12:23 AM
Oct 2017
I hate this MC, hate stories written like this.
Jul 6, 2021 4:47 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Maru was previously a child actor? This character is pure shit so far I already hate him, Shirokusa is random but Kuroha is kinda fun with how she tried to kiss him, the only character I like so far (xD)
Aug 12, 2021 10:45 AM

Jul 2015
Being jealous is understandable but hearing Kuroha and Suehara talk about some unreasonable revenge takes it too far in my opinion. Not the best impressions from this first ep with its mediocre animation and kinda unlikeable characters but the child actor twist revived my interest.

Aug 15, 2021 7:38 AM

Apr 2020
4 months late into the party, but for some reason I'm watching Osamake?!! I mean I don't really have anything to watch, so I guess I'm watching for pure filler...anyways.

Introduction episode, and OH MY GOD Haru suckes aSs. I still don't know why I pushed myself to start this show, but after seeing this episode, I can tell that I will be CRINGING so hard throughout the 12 episodes that this show was granted. This is kind of like Oresuki, but this is stooping itself lower than the shows similar to it. The revenge plot is kind of eh, characters are okay, and the animation...is sometimes off. And when I'm watching Haru the MC, I feel like I'm reliving my highschool days, a bad and a cringy one at that.

Hopefully I will enjoy this atleast by bare minimum by the end, because now uhm NO.
Oct 12, 2021 7:09 AM

Jun 2020
Artstyle looking kind of decent and their expressions as well never thought Haru would find his first love on a bridge

Kuro looks so cute even though she presents herself as the big "onee-chan" sister play to Haru ironically... Kachi is a beauty herself though so I can't even comprehend how gorgeous she looks

Kuro's planning for some heated revenge for Haru and she's making a move as well too bad Haru cucked himself but oh well, Things are stirring up with that talk from Abe.

Stark700 said:

Sueharu has such a punchable face lol

Probably going to be a popcorn comedy of the season. Sueharu really does have a punchable face...

I mean Sueharu has a punchable face I mean I wanna punch his face
Oct 14, 2021 12:32 PM

Aug 2013
Oh well, another crap. Pathetic MC, primitive archetypes, boring dialogues and story in overall. Totally lacks comedy. Why is it even exist?
May 16, 2022 3:31 AM

Nov 2019
Just go for Kuro and end the storm that's approaching. I can't understand how Maru wants revenge because he's crush is dating someone else.
Dante9231May 16, 2022 3:38 AM
Nov 12, 2022 7:46 PM
Nov 2022
You know, the main character is really lucky to be loved like that by his friend an' all. But he keeps rejecting her for a girl who's a total bitch.
Aug 27, 2023 11:37 AM
Jan 2017
Known about this anime for a while. Finally started watching. First thoughts: This could be very good. Situation is believable. Characters are realistic.
I especially like Kuroha. She is one of those rare honest women. Playing the games but leavening it with honesty about her motives.
Let's see what future episodes are like.
Jan 13, 3:56 PM
Jun 2023
message must contain text
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2021

52 by Alexanime_ »»
Feb 15, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2021

60 by Buraot »»
Jan 20, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2021

117 by spicarie »»
Dec 6, 2023 3:08 PM

Poll: » Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2021

77 by aint_noway »»
Jul 6, 2023 8:00 AM

Poll: » Should I watch this?

KJdragon358 - May 3, 2023

21 by MrHoro »»
Jul 1, 2023 7:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.