Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 14, 2021 1:58 PM

Apr 2016
How Akito and Shigure don't have STDs sleeping around so much, I have no idea.

My respect for Ayami and Hattori has gone up. They're the only members of the inner circle who did the smart thing and got out of dodge and cut their ties with Akito. No, you can't save spiteful bitches and you shouldn't feel sorry for them. I know it because it happened in my family. Don't waste decades of your life hoping they'll change because it won't happen. Cut the cancer out of your life and move on. They reap what they sow. Ofcourse, the show is probably going to have a redemption arc where Akito magically becomes a nicer person and everyone hugs her and pats her on the head, but... bleh. How fanciful.
Apr 14, 2021 3:10 PM

May 2015
Loved the episode, Shigure is one of my favourite characters
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is shit
Apr 14, 2021 8:24 PM

Dec 2013
Shigure wants to both spoil her rotten and crush her to a pulp? That's a twisted love he has. The entire family is twisted in a lot of ways.
Apr 15, 2021 2:27 AM
Mar 2021
thought akito was gay then i remembered 'he' was a girl anyways I DIDNT EXPECT THAT WTF I MEAN I KINDA DID BEC I WATCHED THE TRAILER BUT WHAAAAAAAAT AKITO LOOKS LIKE 10 YEARS IF NOT MORE YOUNGER THAN SHIGURE ??????????
Apr 15, 2021 4:35 AM

Oct 2019
hanjiswh0re said:
thought akito was gay then i remembered 'he' was a girl anyways I DIDNT EXPECT THAT WTF I MEAN I KINDA DID BEC I WATCHED THE TRAILER BUT WHAAAAAAAAT AKITO LOOKS LIKE 10 YEARS IF NOT MORE YOUNGER THAN SHIGURE ??????????

Well it is stated this episode that Akito is "over 20" and we know that shigure is 28 so it's more like a 6-7 years age difference at most
Apr 15, 2021 5:34 AM

May 2016
I felt like so much happened in this episode. But whoa what an episode it was! I am truly in love with this anime, and it feels like we're finally getting started on all the chaos that is going to come out in this season.

So Shigure and Akito... that's why he lives in the house with the boys and not on the estate, totally makes sense now. I kinda didn't see this coming, although now I think it answers the question of where Shigure's loyalties lie unless something else happens in the story. I loved the quote "You deny your femininity, and yet you're always ready to use it as a weapon against me" - I felt like this defines Akito so so well.

This is my first time waiting weekly for episodes to come out and I have to say, it's a killer. I need more ;-;
Apr 15, 2021 5:46 AM
Jul 2018
Well that was an interesting twist. I am not averse to them making Akito into a sympathetic character per se, but if she gets off without getting any justice for making the others' lives miserable, then that would be a disappointment.
Apr 15, 2021 8:55 AM

May 2020
Spicy Very Spicy to say the least
Apr 15, 2021 10:59 AM

Oct 2020
This episode was so cute! Favorite moments were definitely Yuki and Machi's interaction and Kyo getting all flustered over Tohru being sad <3 I also thought Akito dreaming about Shigure while with Kureno was hilarious. I'm really enjoying the amount of screen time Akito is getting and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her character this season ~

forum set by bunnyama & taiyaki
Apr 15, 2021 6:09 PM

May 2020
s p i c y 30 word limit

Skibbidy skib skib skaa
say "NO" to fanservice
Apr 16, 2021 5:13 AM

Apr 2019
jesus, Akito is so toxic. Unfortunately, I am afraid that because they showed her the past, suddenly everyone will forgive her. She almost killed Rin, mentally abused almost everyone, used violence, but no, she has an unpleasant childhood, so let's forgive her. Bruh, she should be mentally healed. Shigure should find a normal partner, but I bet he will heal her with his love and everyone will live happily ever after XD
Apr 16, 2021 11:31 AM

Oct 2016
I hope Akito doesn't get forgiven just cause she's a bitch with a "sad" history.
Humans only live for a hundred years, it is as unreal as a dream that ends in an instant. What is the point of a person living in this world? No more than just being on a journey, and witnessing interesting things. Although I do not want to die, I do not fear death. I am already on my right path, I have no regrets even if I die.

— Fang Yuan (Reverend Insanity)
Apr 17, 2021 12:54 AM
Nov 2016
MoonDragon72 said:
Jesus, every character in this show needs a fucking therapist

ITS FUNNY CUZ ITS TRUE!!

This episode was pure madness and I'm loving it!!!
I need more Tohru x Kyo and Yuki x Machi moments please. And I also hope Tohru can find Rin soon!!
Apr 17, 2021 1:33 PM

Nov 2015
Shigure really slept with both Ren and Akito... eeeee. And Kureno was having pity sex with Akito the whole time, while Shigure hated him because he actually likes Akito... romantically?? I forgot how fucked this whole thing is.

The Shigure and Akito relationship has always been a big yikes for me, they're so sadistic to each other. Their relationship is entirely toxic and I don't ever remember being okay with them being paired together. At least the age gap isn't so bad. This whole time I thought Akito was the same age as Yuki and Kyo.

Judging from the preview, next episode should be about Machi focused? The scene with her and Yuki on the stairs was really cute.

As a manga reader I want to see the rest of the story animated asap T_T I don't want to wait weekly for all of it ahhhh
Apr 17, 2021 3:34 PM

Aug 2014
I would like to see more of Shigures darker side. He has for sure some unhealthy thoguhts about Akito
Apr 17, 2021 5:04 PM
Mar 2017
To me, it was quite surprising to see Shigure's feelings arround Akito do a turnaround like that, bit by bit everything's becoming clearer
Apr 18, 2021 2:21 PM

Jul 2012
Oh first the scarf and now the flower at the ED. Small details but I thought it was nice hehe.

Apr 18, 2021 8:25 PM

Jan 2019
Akito's character and her dynamic with the Zodiac members are some of the most complicated and intriguing story threads I've seen in recent anime. The writing of this series is incredible to be able to support a plot like this without the audience giving up for it being too complex.
Apr 18, 2021 9:51 PM

Aug 2019
damn Shigure clapped both Akito and her mom?
Apr 19, 2021 3:15 AM

Apr 2016
snowykevin said:
damn Shigure clapped both Akito and her mom?

What a fucking chad aint he right.
Apr 19, 2021 3:52 PM
Aug 2020
peachyixxy said:
Carlyhild98 said:

The general rule is that relations between first cousins or closer are considered incest. Beyond that, the DNA shared is low enough to not be considered incest, and not cause birth defects in offspring. They don't talk about it specifically in the anime, but I assume all of the zodiac members are further removed than 2nd second cousins. There are so many people in the Souma clan that they pretty much have to be. Like, many of them have never meant or interacted with each other, and the Souma estate is basically a small village. If they explicitly stated they were first or second cousins, yeah that'd be weird, but I assume they're far enough removed to not really make a difference. Akito's relationships with Shigure and Kureno are icky to me for different reasons lol.

Yeah, I'm gonna assume that everyone's distantly related enough that it's not too too bad, especially since they're a huge "clan" more than a "family." It still bothers me, though. I guess because the idea of clans is kind of foreign to me, and because all the main Soumas are so close and have known each for so long that it kind of just registered as "these people are close family" in my head. I can see that that's not the case, though. (And trust me! I never wanted it to be the case)

And, yeah, this isn't the only thing that makes Kureno/Akito/Shigure's dynamic uncomfortable to me. There's so much toxicity there, and... well, Shigure sleeping with Akito's mom and then her is just... wow.

Also, is it ever stated how much of an age gap there is between Shigure and Akito? I mean, I know they're both adults at this point, but I was super bothered by that flashback of him giving Akito the flower and saying that he loved her... like she just seemed really young and he looked like he was already an adult at that point.
Apr 19, 2021 7:29 PM

Jan 2020
tinywoodenrobot said:
peachyixxy said:

Yeah, I'm gonna assume that everyone's distantly related enough that it's not too too bad, especially since they're a huge "clan" more than a "family." It still bothers me, though. I guess because the idea of clans is kind of foreign to me, and because all the main Soumas are so close and have known each for so long that it kind of just registered as "these people are close family" in my head. I can see that that's not the case, though. (And trust me! I never wanted it to be the case)

And, yeah, this isn't the only thing that makes Kureno/Akito/Shigure's dynamic uncomfortable to me. There's so much toxicity there, and... well, Shigure sleeping with Akito's mom and then her is just... wow.

Also, is it ever stated how much of an age gap there is between Shigure and Akito? I mean, I know they're both adults at this point, but I was super bothered by that flashback of him giving Akito the flower and saying that he loved her... like she just seemed really young and he looked like he was already an adult at that point.

The Fruits Basket wiki's telling me Shigure's 28 by the end of the series and Akito's somewhere in her 20s, so they've got at most an 8-year difference between them. But I think it's probably less than that. As adults, that's not really an issue, but yeah I do think it's strange how Shigure has held this interest in Akito ever since their age difference WAS more significant when they were kids.
Apr 19, 2021 8:17 PM
May 2019
peachyixxy said:
tinywoodenrobot said:

The Fruits Basket wiki's telling me Shigure's 28 by the end of the series and Akito's somewhere in her 20s, so they've got at most an 8-year difference between them. But I think it's probably less than that. As adults, that's not really an issue, but yeah I do think it's strange how Shigure has held this interest in Akito ever since their age difference WAS more significant when they were kids.

Currently, Shigure is 27 and Akito is very likely 21. Ritsu is currently 23, and was about 2 or so years old in the flashback when Akito was born. So that makes her (Akito) about 21. So Akito and Shigure have about a 6 year age gap.
Apr 19, 2021 8:27 PM

Jan 2020
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:
peachyixxy said:

Currently, Shigure is 27 and Akito is very likely 21. Ritsu is currently 23, and was about 2 or so years old in the flashback when Akito was born. So that makes her (Akito) about 21. So Akito and Shigure have about a 6 year age gap.

Gotcha! Yeah, so not as bad as 8 years.
Apr 19, 2021 8:32 PM
May 2019
peachyixxy said:
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:

No, but still pretty bad, especially when they were still minors.
Apr 20, 2021 4:27 AM
Apr 2019
Red said:
Oh first the scarf and now the flower at the ED. Small details but I thought it was nice hehe.

Oooh I didn't realize,thank you ! Nice touch indeed !
Apr 20, 2021 5:50 AM

Jan 2020
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:
peachyixxy said:

No, but still pretty bad, especially when they were still minors.

Oh, absolutely. Like I said, that kind of difference between two kids is a way bigger issue than between two adults. To have romantic(?) feelings for someone when you're 6 years older than them and to have had them since you were a kid... very weird. Like, a 13-year-old confessing to a 7-year-old?? Not great.
Apr 20, 2021 10:04 PM
Mar 2021
A different side of Akito was .. a really helpless face played around by shigure. As for as blunt and dirty
Machi was supriselingly funny with yuki.. The big question is where did izuzu go after the first episode
Apr 21, 2021 1:14 AM

Nov 2012
Damn, Sakamoto-san and Nakamura-kun voices were so freaking good!!!!

My Candies:

Apr 23, 2021 5:29 AM
Dec 2018
Shigure has always been a complicated character, whether it be his intentions or emotions. I'm glad they tried explaining it in a simple way
Apr 23, 2021 12:21 PM
Mar 2021
Apant_124 said:
hanjiswh0re said:

Well it is stated this episode that Akito is "over 20" and we know that shigure is 28 so it's more like a 6-7 years age difference at most

THATS SEEMS WEIRDDDDFED
Apr 30, 2021 3:25 AM

Sep 2016
So many WTF moments in this episode!
Somehow I can hardly blame Shigure even though I don’t agree with this kind of revenge.
Some comment on YT said ‘As much as I hate NTR. NTR should be answered with NTR’. Guess it kinda works in this case.
May 3, 2021 7:03 PM
May 2021
Shigure is a pedo, as is Kureno, and Akihito is an irredeemable POS. This season seems dead set on making sure there are no likeable characters and no reason to continue watching. Mission accomplished.
May 4, 2021 9:35 PM

Dec 2020
a little more look into akito, more specifically her relationship with shigure. who's also hella twisted holy shit
May 5, 2021 2:49 PM

Mar 2010
This love triangle is fucking hilarious. No way around it.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 6, 2021 7:56 PM
May 2020
Swagernator said:
This is why i always found Shigure to be one of the most interesting characters of this show, from all the people he hates her the most, and at the same time loves her the most.

Say it louder 🎤 idc about anyone's opinion I just think shigure is the most interesting / complicated character in fruits basket and I really really like him
May 6, 2021 8:02 PM
May 2020
peachyixxy said:
When I first watched the OG series in, like, 2012, I really thought of Fruits Basket as a romance with some aspects of drama. Especially with the way it ended with the reveal of Kyo's "true form," it was dramatic and heartwrenching, but ultimately not too too much.

But if you told me that the full story would include any of the stuff that we saw in this week's episode... Man, I don't know what I'd do.

I'm really apprehensive of some people calling Akito and Shigure a "ship," mainly because 1) their relationship is god awfully toxic and 2) they're (at most)distant cousins. Which I should be used to at this point with Fruits Basket but still... I don't think I can ever get used to how much incest is in here. I will admit, though, that it adds a lot of darkness to the drama within the family and the curse that plagues them.

Please stop making it like that .. If we think about it then haru and rin are distance cousins too .. And it still fictional characters so I think its okey to ship them if u know that they are toxic and their relationship is not okey in real life .. Thats it
May 7, 2021 4:07 PM

Aug 2017
So, Tohru is actively trying to break the curse now, I wonder if someone can help her!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 13, 2021 10:14 AM

Feb 2019
Akito is becoming increasingly complexed, and I'm all for it. Not that I forgive her actions, but her character is one of the most interesting I've ever seen.

I need more Yuki x Machi moments. They're cute, and so meant for each other!

The stakes sure started high this season, and this episode clearly showed how the rest of the season is going to be.

We got to see yet another side of Shigure this episode. Was it his real one? I still don't know. But damn, the themes became way more adult this season. I am now more confused as to what is Shigure's real intentions.
May 17, 2021 3:00 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The flower scenes just stole the show, my god, that was one of the cutest scenes EVER!

Machi getting more flushed and agitated by the day, nice to see, and having all this on the first half really made you think it would be a chill episode right?
NOPE

Shigure and Akito were savage damm.
May 21, 2021 6:35 AM

May 2016
Akito sure is worst jerk ever, man I knew he was a fox but damn sun this is far worst.
May 26, 2021 9:42 PM

Jan 2021
Shigure is indeed the most cunning, complex character. Sneaky bastard, but really interesting. You gotta appreciate how great a character he is. He seems so innocent, you never see it coming.

But, naturally, for a person to actually love and match the monster that is Akito.. they gotta be pretty fucked up theirself. In truth, they are a good match. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As someone who thought Akito did not deserve a happy ending with anyone, Shigure could definitely do better. But they do make sense together.
Jun 4, 2021 7:04 AM

Apr 2020
Yes yes this is still Fruits Basket yes yes yes
Jul 1, 2021 1:28 AM

Jun 2013
All I can say is the Soma family is way more fucked up than the Kardashians. Jayzuz Krist man.

The relationship Akito and Shigure have is way too fucking toxic. I don't care if any of ya'll ship them but they cannot have a normal relationship.

Best part of this episode was my sweet girl Machi.
臭い-
Jul 9, 2021 7:34 PM

Apr 2010
Red said:

Oooo Well spotted!! love that detail
Jul 10, 2021 3:55 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
It seems that the mangaka wrote Akitio's character in such a way to deliberately put people off by everything she does.

Knowing this, I feel nothing towards Akito, and episodes like this become dull. But at least I got to know the reason why Shigure behaved like this in the past two seasons.

2/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 14, 2021 12:05 AM

Jun 2009
Okay, so that is a thing...

Am I the only one who really doesn't give a shit about Akito? Like, at all?
Jul 25, 2021 2:55 AM

Jan 2020
It's as if this series flipped a switch inside my brain. It keeps getting more and more interesting. Pacing is great. Second half of the episode is an easy 10/10.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Aug 9, 2021 12:07 PM

Apr 2009
Jesus Christ. Everyone in this show needs therapy except Tohru’s school friends. Every time Akito or Kureno come on screen I legit feel like throwing up. That being said, I will continue watching because it is rare for an anime to evoke such emotions in me.
Sep 12, 2021 2:10 AM

Jul 2015
Hold the F on, I can understand Shigure loving Akito but he slept with her mother Ren?!

With how twisted and toxic they are, they definitely deserve each other.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

317 by ducvub10 »»
Apr 22, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

163 by FardinRimon »»
Apr 17, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

169 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2021

158 by Kris08 »»
Mar 5, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

209 by PokefanPT »»
Dec 30, 2023 5:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.