Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2008 2:18 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gah I checked it out >.< Firstly, NO ROBOT!! Secondly, surprisingly enough, I found it alright. There's a new shift and it looks like its going to be a more serious one. ATM, it's looking A LOT better than the first season.
Apr 5, 2008 2:36 PM

Aug 2007
Damn you beat me to it...xD

First of all....

RESET!!!!
We have a reset!!!!! xD

Technically its not really a reset since the events of D.C.II didn't even progress beyond the Christmas arc, which is the very first arc of the D.C.II game. This is it!!!

The OP and some tidbits on the episode confirms a Otome/Da Capo route!!!
The ED is just too sad...although they choose the proper animation for it...

Ugh the first season jumbled up the events too much...might have to rewatch it...
(And the first season did show some subtle hints about the plot of SS!)
Apr 5, 2008 3:33 PM

Mar 2007
Seems quite intresting. The first season didn't inspire me much but I have a feeling this will be a better one and I hope I'm right.
Apr 6, 2008 4:42 PM

Jan 2008
Just finished it... it's looking alot better than the 1st season... I hope there's no more Koko X yoshiyuki
Apr 7, 2008 4:48 PM

Jan 2008
radiantfire said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gah I checked it out >.< Firstly, NO ROBOT!! Secondly, surprisingly enough, I found it alright. There's a new shift and it looks like its going to be a more serious one. ATM, it's looking A LOT better than the first season.

hey! there is a mistake in the main character of DCIISS. the main character is Yoshiyuki not Jun'ichi
Apr 7, 2008 5:22 PM

Aug 2007
Technically Junichi will make an appearance this season, but as a supporting character. Whoever added Junichi like that must either be an idiot or just decided to add random Da Capo characters to the list...Anyway thanks for pointing it out, you can submit changes yourself ya know o-O

Oh and Koko x Yoshiyuki is done and over with. They already made peace with it around the second half of the episode.

(Personally, I think the main character of DCII is Sakura)
Apr 9, 2008 12:07 AM

Jan 2008
PimpToad said:
Technically Junichi will make an appearance this season, but as a supporting character. Whoever added Junichi like that must either be an idiot or just decided to add random Da Capo characters to the list...Anyway thanks for pointing it out, you can submit changes yourself ya know o-O

Oh and Koko x Yoshiyuki is done and over with. They already made peace with it around the second half of the episode.

(Personally, I think the main character of DCII is Sakura)

I support Otome All the way! 3 CHEERS FOR OTOME!

Edit: Who do you think is better as the Main character? Yoshiyuki or Jun'ichi?
SwordWielderApr 9, 2008 12:11 AM
Apr 9, 2008 2:35 PM

Aug 2007
As male harem leads...well they both suck! xD

Junichi for picking Nemu...wheres my Kotori ending???? xD
Yoshiyuki for being a complete douchebag to Koko...xD

Both remain essentially clueless to the feelings of their harem, a typical characteristic of your normal generic male harem lead. So yeah, they both suck!

I know the theme of Da Capo is magic born from the Sakura Tree and somehow banging the person you consider your sister...but you get two of them in DCII! If I have to pick either one of the idiots, has to be Yoshiyuki since he has two sisters instead of Junichi's one, which I hate while I like Otome and Yume.
Apr 11, 2008 10:23 AM

Jan 2008
Yoshiyuki over Junichi. Probably because the way he is similar to how I was/am, aside from probably picking one of my sisters .. probably Otome seeing this.. over Nanaka. XD The animation is so much better than before. I actually liked the OP in original D.C. II but the ED is great.

Atleast the robot's gone too XD. And yeah, the game actually starts here. The one before was "Spring Celebration" one, I think.
Apr 15, 2008 7:11 PM

Mar 2007
This episode seemed a lot like the start of the very first season of Da Capo to me, minus/plus new characters etc etc...

Probably not the most creative plotlines but as a Da Capo fan, I'll continue to watch the series... *Well I sorta have to since I'm subbing it for Anime-Share Fansubs* =_=;;

Join the Kyonko Fanclub Today! | Join the MAL Tenjou Tenge Fanclub Today!
Apr 15, 2008 7:54 PM

Aug 2007
Ah FIGHT-O!!! xD

I have to agree that the Da Capo storyline isn't exactly very creative...but I'm a sucker for stories like this...that and the bishojos...xD
Apr 16, 2008 10:13 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I actually liked this episode. I know that Da Capo is rather simple but it's much better than some of the other stuff of this spring season.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 16, 2008 1:48 PM
Sep 2007
so it seems that Otome is the main heroine... too bad I like Yume much moar. Otome's character seems kinda dull to me, but there is a hope she'll become more interesting as the story develops.
Apr 16, 2008 3:26 PM

Aug 2007
I haven't seen the flag that seals the Otome route, but I'm 90% sure that it will be the one =P
Apr 16, 2008 4:20 PM

Jan 2008
Minatsu is gone, thank god
Koko is done and over with... z.z.z
any chance of going down Nanaka's was finished during her ep last season (I'm sad, in a way ;_;)

well, it's almost definite to be one of the two sisters. I'd root for Yume just cause she's Nemu's spiritual "successor".

PimpToad said:

Junichi for picking Nemu...wheres my Kotori ending???? xD

I know the theme of Da Capo is magic born from the Sakura Tree and somehow banging the person you consider your sister...

--D.C. anime merchandise is for the siscons =P (although we all still love kotori)
Apr 16, 2008 7:08 PM

Jan 2007
Not a bad episode. Didn't expect this kind of direction. Does indeed look like the Otome route.
Apr 17, 2008 10:04 AM

Dec 2007
I liked the episode
I hope we get to see more of the sisters in this season

Apr 17, 2008 1:08 PM

Jun 2007
oh noes, another Da Capo.

Well I expected me to drop this show before I saw it but I have to say that I was positively surprised at how (for a da capo) good this was.
Well I'll still drop it. D:
Apr 20, 2008 6:16 AM

Oct 2007
Ohh, this is alot better than the first season (from DCII, which s*cked pretty bad!). My favourite is Otome, so I'll root for her. I don't really like Yume because she's too much like a Nemu-clone and since I hate Nemu Yume isn't really my ''type''. Otome ganbatte!
Apr 20, 2008 1:50 PM

Aug 2007
I actually liked Yume, although I thoroughly despise Nemu for preventing a Kotori ending...xD
Apr 24, 2008 2:21 PM

Jul 2007
PimpToad said:
I haven't seen the flag that seals the Otome route, but I'm 90% sure that it will be the one =P

the ending says it all @_@ (i havent played any of the da capo games though so im just looking at what the anime is showing and i see otome all over it)

but i like yume T_T or nanaka! what's with the recurring incest theme anyway? @_@
Apr 24, 2008 3:46 PM

Aug 2007
Yeah its definitely Otome route, but haven't seen the main flag yet. I can see it appearing either in episode 4 or 5...just you wait...the incest is coming!

Its just not Da Capo unless theres some incest!
(Technically they aren't even related) xD

Even Nemu and Junichi weren't related...
Bah I still say the main theme of Da Capo is to bang the person you consider your sister! xD
Jun 16, 2008 4:19 PM

Nov 2007
PimpToad said:
Its just not Da Capo unless theres some incest!
(Technically they aren't even related) xD

Even Nemu and Junichi weren't related...
Bah I still say the main theme of Da Capo is to bang the person you consider your sister! xD

I hear ya, lol.
Jan 9, 2009 11:50 AM

Jun 2008
more fake incest? D:

I'm getting annoyed with this >.<
Jul 18, 2012 4:03 PM

Feb 2009
I just hate "da capo". The MC is terrible as ever. I really hope no one will get together with this f****** in the end.
Jan 23, 2016 1:50 PM

Aug 2013
So they are not living together? O.o
And what are you talking about? What rewind? It's clearly continuation of DC2, they even mentioned about their (MC and Koko) relationship.
rsc-plJan 23, 2016 1:55 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 21, 2016 2:26 AM
Dec 2012
SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME:

WHAT HAPPENED TO NEMU????? I don't remember her dying or leaving at the end of the first season?!? I thought she just had amnesia......
Feb 7, 2017 7:27 PM

Jul 2014
dat dream lol. Guess the koko pairing continues on based on the puppet show? THE TREE REACTIVATES!!!
Mar 25, 2021 4:12 AM

Apr 2013
Wait, so that relationship with Koko actually ended? What the heck? And it seems we'll now get some "incest" plot with his older sister... damn you, harem tag!
Jul 13, 2022 2:14 PM

Nov 2010
I want the same kind of punishment every morning!

I am biased towards Nanaka and I was hoping that it'll be her time to shine this season. However, the sisters route ain't so bad as well. At least Otome is pretty and Yume doesn't look annoying. But yeah I'm still biased towards waifus with long hair.
May 8, 2023 11:14 AM

Oct 2018
Even though I don't like the MC, somehow i watched DC II SS eps 1

More topics from this board

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 13 Discussion

cr4sian_phil - Jun 30, 2008

42 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 9, 2023 11:02 AM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 12 Discussion

Steelix - Jun 22, 2008

14 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 9, 2023 10:24 AM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 7 Discussion

Faust721 - May 20, 2008

12 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 8, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 5 Discussion

Faust721 - May 3, 2008

13 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 8, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 3 Discussion

PimpToad - Apr 21, 2008

18 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 8, 2023 12:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.