Forum Settings
Forums

How do you watch your anime? on a TV or monitor?

New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2021 8:45 AM

Feb 2020
I'm a pathetic human being who watches anime on her phone. I live with my parents and there's no way I'm ever gonna bother them with monopolizing the tv to watch japanese cartoons, and to tell the truth, I actually had no idea until now of the existence of monitors. I'm not even sure that's a thing in my country. If it is, you can laugh at me. If it's not, you can also laugh at me.

(But phone is actually pretty good if you want to watch anime while lying comfortably in bed !)
Apr 1, 2021 8:48 AM
Jan 2020
Mostly laptop and sometimes on phone when im like in a train or sth where it isnt possible to bring my laptop with me. Never tried connecting to tv tho except if the anime is being broadcast directly from tv station
Apr 1, 2021 8:51 AM

May 2020
I usually watch on tv, but sometimes I'll watch on my laptop in bed.
Apr 1, 2021 8:56 AM

May 2020
I mostly watch anime in my Tab (sitting on my bed and keeping the tab on my lap). Sometimes, I watch in my laptop (while sitting in front of the desk where I keep my laptop).
Apr 1, 2021 6:22 PM

Feb 2021
alshu said:
I don't get the difference. If you don't use the tuner your TV is practically a monitor...and since they don't air much anime on the TV channels available to me...

I guess you are right? I don't know much about color and stuff.
TV is just good that you can watch it from a further distance. So you can sit/eat/drink more comfortably when you watch them. This become more essential when you watch continuously for over 2~3 hours.
hohofishApr 1, 2021 6:32 PM
Apr 1, 2021 6:32 PM

Feb 2021
Majority of the time I’m watching my tv while relaxing on the couch. I do however watch some from my iPhone while at work. I have a perfect spot I can put my phone so it’s out of site to anyone but me along with one earbud and I’m set!
Apr 1, 2021 6:41 PM

Aug 2013
65inch TV always, without or without headphones, it depends on the hour.
When will Black Clover release new anime?! It has been 3 years already since March 2021...
Apr 1, 2021 6:49 PM

Sep 2019
70% of the time I watch anime it's on the TV, and 30% on my pc.

I pity the people that have to watch it on their phones, truly sad stuff.
Apr 1, 2021 6:54 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I like watching anime on the TV so I watch anime via the Crunchyroll and Netflix app on the PS4. Of course if I'm pirating anime then I'm using my PC.
Apr 1, 2021 7:11 PM
Jul 2020
Laptop 90% of the time, sometimes use Phone/TV
Apr 1, 2021 7:16 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
I normally watch it on my phone
over the week I can to watch it on the TV which is so nice T-T
Apr 1, 2021 7:31 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
typically both.

Usually I watch always on TV but for any anime that isn't licensed by Funi or Crunchyroll, I torrent and thus watch on my monitor. I dont have a smart TV to project videos to.
Apr 1, 2021 7:33 PM
Jan 2021
I’m a mixed monitor-phone user, usually using my phone when I’m binging so I can move around the house. I use my monitor when watching shows slowly, since I can chill in my bed just across from it.
Apr 1, 2021 7:45 PM

Dec 2020
trying to buy a projector so i can watch it on my wall but the price went up $40 from yesterday so i guess my laptop will have to do for now
Apr 1, 2021 7:56 PM

May 2020
I used to watch on my iPad when I tried watching on my laptop It was more comfortable so I started watching anime on my laptop :)
If you want me to prepare a rope for the sake of hanging yourself, forget it. But… If it's a rope for the sake of pulling you up from Hell, no matter how many ropes it takes, I'll prepare them for you. ~Sakata Gintoki
Apr 1, 2021 7:58 PM

Mar 2021
I switch between both but watching from my TV is much more comfortable . Using a phone for watching anime sounds awful .
Apr 1, 2021 9:51 PM

Jan 2020
Monitor + Phone. I don't watch on the tv

Apr 1, 2021 10:01 PM

Nov 2008
TV, a 65 inch Sony 900e.
Coaghim said:
65inch TV always, without or without headphones, it depends on the hour.

Same. But surround mixes never with headphones.

Apr 1, 2021 10:26 PM

Jul 2020
I'll watch it on phone, tv, and pc. Doesn't matter to me but I prefer pc
Apr 2, 2021 12:25 AM

May 2018
hohofish said:
I don't know much about color and stuff.

If it uses the same technology and resolution as your other device - no major difference.
And monitors can have higher specs...which applies to gaming but no that much to anime.
(My TV is only 1080p tho...still enough for most of the anime.)

hohofish said:
TV is just good that you can watch it from a further distance.

This is a question of size.
Watching smaller screen (but with similar resolution) from closer is the same as watching bigger screen from a distance.
Usually this doesn't matter unless you a doing some body building exercises when watching or something.

hohofish said:
So you can sit/eat/drink more comfortably when you watch them.

If feel more comfortable eating while sitting before my computer than almost lying on my couch.

hohofish said:
This become more essential when you watch continuously for over 2~3 hours.

I prefer siting on a regular chair...for some reason I loose a bit of focus on the couch, which works for live action but not for animation where things can happen fast and small visual details are important.

My major point here is: nowadays TVs are practically computer + monitor in one. The television receiving part (the tuner) is less and less used. More and more people stream the live TV programming via internet. Maybe we even should stop calling it TV any more.
Apr 2, 2021 12:36 AM
Jul 2018
About 50-50 on my pc and phone. Never even bothered using TV for watching anime cuz TV is cringe.
Apr 2, 2021 12:44 AM

Feb 2021
alshu said:
hohofish said:

If it uses the same technology and resolution as your other device - no major difference.
And monitors can have higher specs...which applies to gaming but no that much to anime.

hohofish said:

Watching smaller screen (but with similar resolution) from closer is the same as watching bigger screen from a distance.
Usually this doesn't matter unless you a doing some body building exercises when watching or something.

hohofish said:
So you can sit/eat/drink more comfortably when you watch them.

If feel more comfortable eating while sitting before my computer than almost lying on my couch.

hohofish said:
This become more essential when you watch continuously for over 2~3 hours.

I prefer siting on a regular chair...for some reason I loose a bit of focus on the couch, which works for live action but not for animation where things can happen fast and small visual details are important.

My major point here is: nowadays TVs are practically computer + monitor in one. The television receiving part (the tuner) is less and less used. More and more people stream the live TV programming via internet. Maybe we even should stop calling it TV any more.

I guess yeah some people might find sitting in front of a monitor to watch anime more comfortable but for me I don't.
I consider the monitor and TV two very different product and I don't think they can replace each other.
The thing is, for TV you view it from a further distance, which is natural, it is designed that way. You wont be comfortable sitting right in front of a 40~60" TV.
For monitor it is designed to be small to medium size because you use it with computer sitting right in front of it. For me I prefer size between 24~27". I don't like anything bigger or smaller.
I guess there's a preference for everyone. For example a lot of people like to play video games with TV but for me I don't. I play my PS4 with my monitor and I like it that way, like you said it's easier to focus on details which is indeed important when playing a competitive game. But for watching anime relaxation is more important and I like TV more.
Apr 2, 2021 12:49 AM
Jul 2018
I watch either on our 4k tv B) or my small laptop. or the big PC upstairs. or in my 10 year old not-in-a-good-condition tablet. Or on another bigger laptop we have downstairs. Or I steal my dad's phone from my lil baby brother and we watch it together, if he likes the show ofc, or we will just listen to some openings and osts he loves.
Apr 2, 2021 12:56 AM

Jul 2020
most of the time, I use to watch on PC monitor but occasionally, I watch on our flat screen tv.
Apr 2, 2021 12:56 AM

Jul 2019
Most times on my laptop, but recently I've been projecting my screen to my TV
Apr 2, 2021 12:59 AM

Feb 2021
All of the Above, I watch it on my TV, my PC, and my Smartphone.
Apr 2, 2021 1:04 AM

Jul 2017
monitor all the time
sometimes tablet
never on phone however because small screen hurts my eyes
Apr 2, 2021 1:10 AM

May 2013
4k projector with a 120" screen . . . but occasionally I get lazy and just use my computer monitor.
Apr 2, 2021 1:14 AM

Jul 2020
I mostly watch from my tiny 1 inch phone screen, but if I'm watching a movie I'll watch it on my computer from a monitor
Apr 2, 2021 1:19 AM

Feb 2020
On TV connected with my desktop via HDMI.
Apr 2, 2021 1:28 AM

May 2014
Mostly on my laptop. But since i have prime and netflix i've started watching them on tv too. Truly a better experience
Apr 2, 2021 1:28 AM

Sep 2015
I watch anime on my laptop but I used to watch it on my phone before that.
Apr 2, 2021 2:23 AM

Nov 2020
I watch on my computer monitor as some anime can be awkward to watch with parents around. If parents are not home I will watch it on a TV sometimes tho.
thats what-she
Apr 2, 2021 2:26 AM

Jun 2020
I mostly used to watch on my laptop or pc but I didn't like after a while so I mostly watch in TV nowadays
Apr 2, 2021 5:51 AM
Jul 2018
Whatever2001 said:
My parents won't let me do anything i want. So i watch from my little mobile alone at night (2-5am). Thats why i only watch anime not movies or tv shows because i want to watch them on tv. It probably ruins the experience but if the show is good it doesn't matter i guess. I watched all animes on phone including my favourites like aot, fmab, and also deathnote. Maybe watching studio gibhli movies at night on phone was not a good idea.
lmao same here apart from a couple shows i have watched not on phone like half of naruto,pokemon,heidi,pui pui molcar and gunbuster
Apr 2, 2021 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
snowykevin said:
I prefer using my phone while laying down than using my monitor, not sure why since my phone is infinitely times smaller than my monitor
weird question but does ur phone have like scratch marks or even cracks? because i do and it sucks sometimes while watching anime with them.
Apr 2, 2021 6:04 AM

Dec 2007
killuaaa1 said:
snowykevin said:
I prefer using my phone while laying down than using my monitor, not sure why since my phone is infinitely times smaller than my monitor
weird question but does ur phone have like scratch marks or even cracks? because i do and it sucks sometimes while watching anime with them.
usually smartphones are bought with special armour for it's screen to protect it from scratches and cracks, you probably teared it down, or bought fake that come without it.
Apr 2, 2021 6:13 AM

May 2020
Mostly on monitor. If it's become uncomfortable I switch to phone.
Apr 2, 2021 6:15 AM

May 2020
My phones, cause it smaller so i can read subtitle faster if i watched something like Tatami Galaxy or Saiki Kusuo.

Also i'm a closet weeb, so i can only watch on tv when i'm alone at home
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
Apr 2, 2021 6:20 AM

Jan 2020
I would NEVER watch anime on TV. PC on top though.
Apr 2, 2021 6:30 AM

May 2018
i watch from monitor.

Ps: Monitor with 144hz and above, will slightly ruin your joy. I use 240hz monitor and everything run not good. Even I watch with bluray player.
Apr 2, 2021 6:59 AM

Oct 2020
I watch it on my laptop most of the time, the ones on TV on there of course, and sometimes I download episodes from Netflix on my phone and watch them during my free period in school
Apr 2, 2021 7:00 AM

Nov 2008
Etherius_ZS said:
About 50-50 on my pc and phone. Never even bothered using TV for watching anime cuz TV is cringe.

Watches anime on a phone and says using a TV is cringe.

Apr 2, 2021 7:26 AM

Nov 2008
alshu said:
hohofish said:

Actually, TVs have very different colors than monitors. TV manufacturers like to show off more. I prefer browsing on a monitor, because the colors are more neutral.

hohofish said:

It's just not the same.

Apr 2, 2021 7:40 AM

Aug 2010
TV or phone because I can watch it comfortably from my bed.
Apr 2, 2021 7:50 AM
Jul 2017
Well well, I guess I'm pathetic now T_T
Apr 2, 2021 7:51 AM

Aug 2020
I watch occasionally on the TV if it's a movie and/or a show I want to re-watch. But I MAINLY watch on my Laptop.
Apr 2, 2021 7:52 AM

Aug 2020
I mostly watched anime on television, I watched it with my brother but mostly we watched action or drama anime (FMA, FMAB, SNK, erased, mob psycho 100, akudama drive, JJK, KNY, made in abyss, OPM and TPN), Sometimes my parents would pass but they were not very interested in what we saw, but they were not a problem.

and other comedy or ecchi anime I watch on my computer, since, well, it would be awkward for my parents to see me watching on television.
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Apr 2, 2021 7:54 AM

Aug 2020
Well well, I guess I'm pathetic now T_T
I understand you bro, at the beginning I also watched anime, even worse, on my cell phone and it's a bit uncomfortable lol.
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Apr 2, 2021 7:55 AM
Apr 2020
I watch from both a monitor and TV (I use a Chromecast to cast whatever I'm watching to the TV) and the latter definitely has my preference. When I'm working, I like to use a monitor.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If your favorite anime exploded in popularity to the point that everyone in socmed talks about it, would you like it or not?

Rinrinka - 1 minute ago

0 by Rinrinka »»
1 minute ago

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - 8 hours ago

21 by AE-2 »»
5 minutes ago

» Would you or have you watched anime with your family (1 or more members)?

ToastWithNutella - 8 hours ago

25 by MasterTasuke »»
6 minutes ago

» What anime song (intro, outro, j-pop) of the ringtone do you use right now?

Kiryotsu - 7 hours ago

13 by Zettaiken »»
9 minutes ago

» Let's Hope the Whole "Girls Golfing" Is A New Thing That Keeps Going...

simonitro - 7 hours ago

6 by MasterTasuke »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.