Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 28, 2021 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
Just curious. Personally, to put it simply, I'd say OST and animation, but it's best to lower expectations.
Mar 28, 2021 11:38 AM

Nov 2013
I mean the OST always slaps but I agree that I think the animation will be much better since they won't need to work on so many ambitious projects at the same time and will have much more time to prepare it and polish all the small details, also I'm hoping the CGI will be a bit more harmonious with the 2D animation as well.
Mar 28, 2021 11:41 AM

Oct 2007
The Lack of CGI... I hope
Mar 28, 2021 11:45 AM

Aug 2013
Less CGI, more Hiroyuki Sawano
Mar 28, 2021 11:46 AM

Dec 2020
Absolutely nothing. This part will be even more demanding than the first one so they won't be changing anything that makes their job easier imo.
Mar 28, 2021 11:46 AM
Mar 2014
belial said:
The Lack of CGI... I hope

If rumors are true and production started in October 2020, that gives them a good amount of time, but also Titans are hell to animate, and for the most part the cg looked fine, some prob should be hand drawn, but tbh keep the armor titan cg, it can move a lot better that way. But if it is to save the animators from the hell of drawing them, keeping most cg is fine with me also honestly. For the most part the CGI looked pretty good tbh
Mar 28, 2021 12:06 PM

Jun 2016
The music, the cg titans (and people sometimes), the few bad rotoscoped scenes that were here and there and the action scenes. I know it's impossible but maybe bring the old guys back
I also have some nitpicks about the choice and volume of sound effects in a few episodes but those are minor.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 28, 2021 12:15 PM

Jul 2011
I hope they throw the plastic CGI titans out of the window and use much more of the OST from the previous seasons.
Mar 28, 2021 12:24 PM

Dec 2013
I don’t mind CGI when it looks good, for the most part it looked decent tbh, it just needed refinement. But yeah ideally no cg. It won’t look too bad if they use the right softwares like how beastars looked.

Ost I enjoyed, I like Kohta Yamamoto’s work this season. Um if anything no rushing/cutting out chunks of detail, which again, they were good at except for marley arc. I think all Mappa needs is time and motivation which is the most difficult thing to obtain
Mar 28, 2021 12:31 PM

May 2009
Guys, don't delude yourself, they won't stop using CGI because assets are already done, it's waste of money not reusing them, also they it's supposed it air next winter so they again have limited time to produce animation
Mar 28, 2021 12:38 PM
Apr 2017
2d Titans and even more crispier animation like JJK would do it for me
Mar 28, 2021 12:39 PM

Mar 2010
The only thing they need is time. I'm pretty sure they'll do great. JJK was stunning.
Mar 28, 2021 1:10 PM
Sep 2019
The annoying blur has to be removed. This is the only thing that bothers me. I even got used to CGI, but that awful blur destroys the atmosphere of the anime. I recently read a thread about it. Actually, the previous season has really high-quality shots, but the blur hid them and because of that, people thought its quality is low.
Mar 28, 2021 1:19 PM

Jul 2017
hopefully the reason why they are taking a longer break than most animes with with part 2s is so they can take their time animating it. Part 2 is gonna be even more action heavy than part 1.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Mar 28, 2021 1:21 PM
Jan 2020
Hope hiroyuki sawano comes back
It would be perfect
Ok
Mar 28, 2021 1:24 PM

Apr 2018
2D Titans as hinted by the last episode with some awaited MAPPA SAKUGA!

*notice every Titan appearance in all 15 episodes are 3D; but that last episode was 2D*
Mar 28, 2021 1:51 PM
Feb 2018
Detailed Titan design and Hiroyuki Sawano. I dont mind its being CGI as long its smooth and its design are detailed.

Also, bringing back Linked Horizon would do.
Mar 28, 2021 4:56 PM

Jan 2020
I can see the ost's for part 2 being better

Mar 28, 2021 5:06 PM

Apr 2016
I agree w most people here that the older OST was just a bit more intense. That said, the OP in prt1 does go hard. I'm o k a y with the animation but I do think less cgi would be better. I know that's a tough ask though since they have to do so many large scale action scenes.
And I hope they stay as true to the manga as possible, but sometimes I feel theyre recreating expressions and scenes that looked better in the manga style than mappa's style. I think they want it to seem as similar to what we're used to, but sometimes it comes across a little wonky. So I think that could be improved a little.
Mar 28, 2021 5:08 PM

Jan 2009
change the Director of Photography and his blurry effects ways and oh make the colors more vibrant
Mar 28, 2021 5:52 PM

Jul 2020
The color grading, the blur, more osts from previous seasons, improved CGI, better 2d animation, (not saying that part 1's was terrible, it just wasn't as good as it could've been, especially the odm scenes) off-model drawings, and more 2d titans (but they obviously have to use CGI for THAT).
Zackack99Mar 28, 2021 6:22 PM
Mar 28, 2021 6:21 PM

Jan 2020
Zackack99 said:
The color grading, the blur, more osts from previous seasons, improved CGI, better 2d animation, (not saying that part 1's was terrible, it just wasn't as good as it could've been, especially the odm scenes) and more 2d titans (but they obviously have to use CGI for THAT).

This! Especially the blur and the improved CGI part. I have to add fixing the off model drawings. I would appreciate more consistency in the way characters are drawn, especially Eren.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Mar 28, 2021 6:24 PM

Jul 2020
samashi20 said:
Zackack99 said:
The color grading, the blur, more osts from previous seasons, improved CGI, better 2d animation, (not saying that part 1's was terrible, it just wasn't as good as it could've been, especially the odm scenes) and more 2d titans (but they obviously have to use CGI for THAT).

This! Especially the blur and the improved CGI part. I have to add fixing the off model drawings. I would appreciate more consistency in the way characters are drawn, especially Eren.

Yeah for me, Eren and Pixis stood out the most when it came to the off-model drawings
Mar 28, 2021 6:26 PM

Jan 2020
Zackack99 said:
samashi20 said:

Yeah for me, Eren and Pixis stood out the most when it came to the off-model drawings

Agreed! Eren was the most noticeable for me as well.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Mar 28, 2021 6:31 PM

Jun 2020
OST and animation is my answer too but story is good enough to pull through for me
Mar 28, 2021 7:39 PM
Apr 2018
Compositing mostly. As much as I dislike the CGI titans that's pretty hopeless. But compositing is a rather simple fix but it seems it's an issue prevalent in most MAPPA shows unfortunately
Mar 28, 2021 8:38 PM
Aug 2015
This season was missing Araki like crazy. Also, Sawano needs to come back for the last season because the OST has been very underwhelming this season
Mar 28, 2021 9:11 PM
Jan 2018
Less CGI , blur. OSTs are pretty much on point for the dialogue segments but I'm sick and tired of Ashes on fire ost. They need to make more bangers.
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Mar 28, 2021 9:46 PM
Nov 2020
Honestly everything was great INCLUDING the animation, I don't get what the mappa hate is about– But to make this part better,,,Isayama could you stop killing off our favorite characters left and right T-T
Mar 29, 2021 10:50 AM

Dec 2015
About OST, I'd make Sawano be in charge of most of battle scenes and Kohta on the rest. And make him not use Ashes on the Fire calm version for those scenes please. That guitar song on ep. 2 was so good for instance, so Kohta should try new melodies as well.

In terms of animation, just try to fix the cinematography. The blurry image just didn't worked. The animation quality is fine by itself. But I think this is all very unlikely, as they most likely will just continue to be working as they always were, not to mention this Season will be much harder to animate.
Mar 29, 2021 3:00 PM

Feb 2021
1. What could make it better compared to part 1?

First and foremost, MAPPA has to stop taking on too many projects simultaneously because it clearly results on decreased quality.

2. Why do they do it then? Why do they take on too many projects and overwork their staff that leads to worse quality?

Because they are a business, and like any business, it is led by a bunch of capitailst pigs who spend their day licking the boots of the shareholders. As you have guessed, shareholders don't give a flying fuck about quality or artwork, they only care about profitability and satisfiying quarterly figures.

3. Does that mean we will get the same or even worse? More CGI and crap animation, cut content?

Short answer: Yes.

Long anwser: Yes, + copy paste answer 2.

Enjoy part 2 guys.
Mar 29, 2021 5:23 PM

Sep 2020
I don't like what the director of photography has done in this season compared to the work the previous one did in the previous seasons. Literally my only gripe.
Mar 30, 2021 8:57 AM
Oct 2018
icarusivys said:
Just curious. Personally, to put it simply, I'd say OST and animation, but it's best to lower expectations.

No idea why you wrote OST as it was absolutely phenomenal. Animation can be improved. I don't mind cgi but more 2d sakuga would be dope.
Mar 30, 2021 9:01 AM
Oct 2018
Gofigure said:

First and foremost, MAPPA has to stop taking on too many projects simultaneously because it clearly results on decreased quality.

2. Why do they do it then? Why do they take on too many projects and overwork their staff that leads to worse quality?

Because they are a business, and like any business, it is led by a bunch of capitailst pigs who spend their day licking the boots of the shareholders. As you have guessed, shareholders don't give a flying fuck about quality or artwork, they only care about profitability and satisfiying quarterly figures.

3. Does that mean we will get the same or even worse? More CGI and crap animation, cut content?

Enjoy part 2 guys.

Nice answer except the fact that you automatically assumed cgi to be a bad thing, which it's not. Animation might not be as good as season 1-3 but it was not crap either. There was hardly any cut content. Pacing was in fact slower than what most people anticipated so you're wrong about that too.
Mar 30, 2021 9:44 AM
Dec 2020
Nik03178 said:
Gofigure said:

Enjoy part 2 guys.

Nice answer except the fact that you automatically assumed cgi to be a bad thing, which it's not. Animation might not be as good as season 1-3 but it was not crap either. There was hardly any cut content. Pacing was in fact slower than what most people anticipated so you're wrong about that too.
part 2 definitely needs better animation than part 1
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Mar 30, 2021 9:50 AM
Jul 2018
Nik03178 said:

No idea why you wrote OST as it was absolutely phenomenal. Animation can be improved. I don't mind cgi but more 2d sakuga would be dope.

By OSTs, I meant that the choice, placement and timing of OSTs has been off in the valuable key moments. They also keep spamming Ashes on the Fire and/or its variant on every salient scene which in my opinion, is repetitive and not a good direction.

This is not to say that Ashes on the Fire or its variants are bad by any means, it's just the limitation & placement that could get much better. I also want more of Sawano's music because it's pretty unmatched.
Apr 1, 2021 7:28 PM

Feb 2021
Nik03178 said:
Gofigure said:

Enjoy part 2 guys.

Cgi can be good but let's be realistic, it's garbage 95% of the time, most good cgi comes from movie budget that makes it even more scarce in TV shows, so yes, assumed cgi sucks for a TV show is not out of the safe zone.

There was cut content but most wasn't significant, pacing is down to personal view, I think it wasn't the fastest either.
Apr 1, 2021 11:00 PM
Jul 2019
It's not like they are going to change the story or something.

Just better animation and less CGI in the big titan fights.
Apr 1, 2021 11:34 PM
Jan 2018
More appropriate placement of musical score even though I think the S4p1 did a spectacular job, I think they should use some bangers known to the fan base who aren't accustomed to the new ones.
One issue I had was the prioritising of wrong characters for the character designs. On multiple instances I have seen Marley characters has proper designs even the MP random soldiers has great shows while in the same episode we have eren and his squad having off-model shots. This is such a simple thing to take note of. Ofcourse this shows needs more aggressive animation at certain moments in order for them to be super impactful. Hopefully the new schedule is comparatably good and we might get some of those flashy bits similar to JJK.

Hire a new DOP and fire the old one.
Bhaskar_SinghApr 1, 2021 11:38 PM
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Apr 2, 2021 4:04 AM

Jan 2021
They better skip the OP and go Re:Zero mode. That timing on the OP placement was horrible on most of the episodes. Plus, they better delete the previews and give the audience cliffhangers.
Apr 2, 2021 1:57 PM
Oct 2020
This is gonna be long and boring so I'll post images to keep you engaged.

CordinoxJul 13, 2021 4:45 PM
Apr 2, 2021 8:13 PM

Jul 2020
Better blur, color grading, less CGI, OST will be as good as Sea3pt2
If you think Eren sacrificed for nothing, you're smoking

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

539 by RemusR1 »»
Apr 25, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

301 by Apreggi »»
Mar 25, 9:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.