Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2021 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Brothers sure are similar in their ways, and Sho's older brother Goyo Hayamichi is no different, being on par with Rindo in the surfing space.

The experience of trying to attempt the waves of North Shore, Haleiwa, Honolulu, and indeed is on a different level than what the other Bishounen surfers have experienced in Japan. Time to get training, boys, learn as much as you can from the perspective of another pro surfer.

Like brothers, Hayamichi was the one who taught Sho how to surf, and for good measure of interest. But for Masaki, whose ambitions is to surf like Sho, it's just merely impossible to imitate trying to tackle the shadows of a dead person. Sooner or later, he has to make HIS own mark by surfing his own wave, and that's what he did: the "Show must go on", and he finally broke through the huge waves. At least that's a positive I can find about him without being irritating, taking things seriously for once and overcoming the waves of the past.

That's a wrap for the Hawaii trip, and it's back to Japan for the final episode next week. How glad I am for this show to finish soon.
KANLen09Mar 22, 2021 12:05 PM
Mar 22, 2021 1:44 PM
Aug 2012
EDIT

settonsan1Mar 22, 2021 1:57 PM
Mar 22, 2021 4:17 PM

Feb 2014
kimi_nyan said:
EDIT

Mar 22, 2021 5:31 PM

Oct 2009
So I guess the anime will never tell us what actually happened to Sho...? Which is weird and feels all sorts of wrong. Going with a sudden surprise disappearance that doesn't get resolved for a while is one thing, but not resolving it at all is something altogether different. One can only get along with hints and allusions for so long before it starts being an issue, or gets deliberately put aside because why should anybody care if the anime itself doesn't? And then the constant mentions only become an annoyance... At this point I'm a little tired of "Sho this" and "Sho that" when the main issue around Sho is still being kept hidden and obscure - yet we even get a substitute for him, who looks just like him, although he's only technically his big brother?? I have a headache.
Mar 22, 2021 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
interesting episode with sho's big brother and that quick backstory was pretty decent. some nice development for masaki again and i guess its time to say goodbye to hawaii now, well it was fun and i wonder how they'll end this off in the last episode?
Mar 22, 2021 6:35 PM
Sep 2015
This episode is so sad yet so good. I'm so invest in this anime that I still can't get over Sho's death. The screenwriter is so cruel!
Mar 22, 2021 7:32 PM
Nov 2020
They should either bring Sho back or let the story move on from him. Any joy this show brings is destroyed the second they bring up Sho again. What is the point of making the characters and audience relive this constantly? It’s just depressing.
Mar 22, 2021 7:42 PM

Jun 2011
Sho was really adorable as a child. But I have to admit I couldn't enjoy this anime as a whole because Sho's death literally bugs me. 6 EPs passed since he died but the pain is still strong. T__T
Mar 22, 2021 9:38 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, Shou big bro taught and gave such an advice to the gang how to be a better surfer. The focus of Masaki surely heavy this time. A lot of cringey moment and kinda facepalmed me much, especially when he, for the infinite time, got saved from that danger again. Smh, boy, you must go on!

So, thats it like i expected. He finally moved on and bam, he did it with style. Case closed, and the episode end with an okayish note. Sigh. Bye-bye again, Nalu. Bye-bye, Hawaii xd.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 23, 2021 6:21 AM

Jun 2014
It looks like Sho really is dead. I was hoping that we'd find out that he was alive, but his older brother is the closest thing that we're gonna get.

Masaki was really having a hard time, but Sho's brother finally made him realize that he needs to be himself, and not simply replicate Sho. Masaki finally improved, so much that Fuke complimented him.

And now, they're leaving Hawaii, and the sexy Nalu.

Mar 23, 2021 8:13 AM
Dec 2020
So this episode finally confirmed that Sho died. It's disappointing though because it's too long of a wait and we're confused to why there's a need to kill a character that we thought is part of one of the MCs and there's no explanation for it.

It's obviously Sho's personal problem but what specifically caused him to lose his own life like that in just a snap and why was that necessary? It's kinda impossible to explain the reason of Sho's death because it's the last episode next week, so it's probably focused on their next tournament (unless if there's at least one short scene of someone explaining it). Nonetheless, I still enjoyed the episode and the development of all the characters.
Mar 26, 2021 1:09 AM

Aug 2014
really hate how japanese tell stories. always leaving it a mystery and always leaving it up to the viewer to think of the ending
Mar 27, 2021 2:53 AM
Jan 2018
What a weird show- it’s mainly training , having fun and going to tourist spots but then you add Sho’s suicide and its a weird upsetting show- not a good or well made mix.
What was the point of killing him?
Why promote and make merchandise for a dead character?
Why isn’t anyone really upset that their friend died except for corgi ( who got over it in like a month) ?
- its not a very good show but at least they should have tried to make it more coherent.

Come on guys , let’s go watch SK8 - way better writing
Mar 29, 2021 11:31 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The double rainbow thing at the end (xD)... well at least Masaki improved
Apr 1, 2021 7:31 AM

Jun 2020
#SHODESERVESBETTER than being a weak plot device. You would have thought that at this point they would have finally revealed what triggered Sho, he was clearly not being himself. Shame.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 2, 2021 7:40 PM

Mar 2016
For once, I have no idea what's gonna go down in the last episode

May 6, 2021 7:39 AM

Jul 2015
Since the brother didn't reveal much other than a flashback of him teaching a bored Sho, I guess we'll never know the mystery on Sho's death...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 1 Discussion

zaverix - Jan 11, 2021

25 by removed-user »»
Jun 6, 2023 11:05 PM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 8, 2021

43 by senekohan »»
Apr 1, 2023 10:04 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 8, 2021

13 by Selleri_UmU »»
Feb 19, 2023 12:20 PM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 29, 2021

31 by trss6443 »»
Jan 23, 2022 4:52 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 15, 2021

17 by Unkrowned »»
May 6, 2021 7:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.