Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 6, 2021 8:17 AM

Mar 2016
The aftermath of the battle is so depressing yet it's working towards a pep for the upcoming war. Grey's magic is not transformation which is unexpected. I think it's more like assimilation or something. Asta's despair was controlled because of GOAT Nacht. The dude is genuinely fire! Yuno and his declaration rocked me to my core especially with Bell to support it. All the captains are raring to save the duo and Charlotte is going complete tsun tsun. Jack was ready to barge in..... just like him to do so :) Noelle wakes up to see the 4 elves. High chances of team up :)
Apr 10, 2021 9:23 PM
Oct 2019
THAT, that was my WHOA episode of this arc so far. previously i had said this arc didn't have as many "blown away" moments as the elf arc but man...this episode helped it get there (at least for me)

i know it wasn't as hectic and frenetic as the fight in the previous episode, but i'm more into these types of episodes than the big fights where everything's a blur and idk what i'm looking at

so: grey. she's got a type of magic that they aren't really sure what it is. and she hasn't even begun to understand what her potential is since she doesn't even know what magic attribute she is. very interesting. and it makes me wonder if my boy gordon will get a powerup, too. and magna...dude's totally going to return from wherever he is and...still probably be weak af, but hopefully he'll have a neat fire magic trick or a new haircut or something? maybe, idk

nacht. holy shit. i had seen the name mentioned before but i did my best to prevent any spoilers. so i had no clue he was a member of the black bulls. i just assumed "nacht" was a new character from the spade kingdom. and then to see he's the vice captain...so cool. because i remember from episode 6ish where yami brings asta back to the hideout after the magic knights exam and he tells asta there are other members but that they're out on missions. awesome to see that actually unfold 160 episodes later

not just that, but nacht's got a devil. jack also recognizes nacht: "i've seen this asshole before" hahaha. jack's about to spill the beans on what nacht's magic used to be, but nacht quiets him with a "that person's gone"... how mysterious. and does he really have multiple devils, or is that just his devil power manifesting itself? guess we'll find out

lastly, 3 days to train up asta to invade the spade kingdom? eh, that sounds like a mission that's doomed to fail. seriously

lastly again: nacht said the tree of qliphoth top/upper devils were the strength of the triad, and the lower devils were much stronger. specifically mentioned lucifero as the strongest and that if he's released the world is done for. but...i thought dante had lucifero? or is part of lucifero still in the underworld and in the human realm? i forget all the specifics with zagred, why he was trying so hard to get a body and what not...

lastly x3: elves

i.can.not.wait
HagePotPotatoApr 10, 2021 9:45 PM
May 6, 2021 12:29 PM

Mar 2016
As I already expected and said, Grey's magic is no mere transformation, she manipulates matter itself!

Asta is not one to break down and cry, but he did so this time, more than he has ever done. The sin of being too weak, the fact that he has a corrupted devilish arm and Yami's sword in Asta's arsenal symbolises Asta's failure to save his captain.

Well, Asta is Asta, he got over it quickly, especially when my man NACHT FINALLY SHOWED UP!!! I have been waiting for ages for the day I get to see Nacht's entrance at the Captains' meeting, the way he singlehandedly suppress the Captain with 4 devils is completely incredible!

Black Bulls is such an awesome squad, the Captain has Dark magic, the vice-captain has Shadow magic, Asta has Anti-magic, and I have the magic to endlessly express my thought on this forum.

'That man doesn't exist anymore' ~ Ah yes, this quote that Nacht said. Quite astounding really to know the meaning behind it, I would never have guessed to be honest, but now knowing the meaning, it made Nacht's character more likeable.
Jun 29, 2021 8:31 PM

Jun 2020
The aftermath of the battle looks gloomy and so is Asta after losing like that, And a mysterious guy appears before Asta and he seems powerful It's actually the Vice-Captain of the Black Bulls about time I was wondering if they even had one

And in the meeting everyone's at unease after what happened, of course, Charlotte is so worried about Yami, And Yuno as the substitute of Vangeance, They casually just appeared right in front of them and thought it was an attack

After some explanations, he cleared himself and Jack apparently knew him, Yuno reveals he's the prince and some weren't surprised by that considering his large amount of mana, The elves are back as well.
Jul 9, 2021 1:25 AM

Jan 2021
It didn’t even cross my mind that we’ve never seen or had a black bulls vice captain

Aug 9, 2021 2:38 AM

Mar 2015
New character appears, he looks very very strong. And the elves have returned!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 12, 2021 6:37 PM

Dec 2013
We finally meet the Black Bulls vice captain! This took way too long. Jack's reaction to seeing him made me interested in his story.
Sep 13, 2021 4:14 AM
Aug 2021
The dub of this episode released today. Nacht is voiced by Max Mittelman.
Sep 13, 2021 6:00 AM

Aug 2020
Cool ep

Was wondering when they were going to do a full reveal for the last (maybe) Black Bulls member

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Sep 13, 2021 6:47 AM
Sep 2020
I am Really liking this vice captain, that reminds me ,I was actually thinking why didn't the black bulls had a vice captain ,ah now it makes sence
Sep 14, 2021 12:25 AM
Jan 2021
I complete forgot about the fact that no one has ever discussed a Vice Captain for the Black Bulls.

I was shocked that out of nowhere Nacht appeared. I was also thinking "why hasn't he shown up until now" but then he explains that he was undercover in the Spade Kingdom, so it makes perfect sense.

Asta is obviously devastated that Yami was captured and he wasn't strong enough to get him back. I understand his pain and honestly feel for him. He's been constantly training his entire life and there are simply points in which he doesn't have enough to get it done. That's such a heartbreaking thing. Going your absolute hardest and then not succeeding. However, Nacht told him that he can teach him how to use his devil powers. Now Asta may attain the tools needed to rescue Yami and master his devil powers once and for all.

Yuno's speech talking about how selfless William Vangance was when he prioritized protecting his squad over keeping himself safe from Zenon was so touching. Yuno truly feels that Captain Vangance has done an amazing job as a Magic Knight Squad captain and I felt the heart and soul in his speech. He WILL rescue Captain Vangance and get him back under any circumstances.

Noelle was surprisingly taken care of by members of the Eye of the Midnight Sun (I don't remember any of their names).

I can't wait to see the Devil-Binding Ritual in the next episode!
Oct 2, 2021 11:56 PM

Mar 2014
The vice captain of the Black Bulls finally makes an appearance, with only 2 episodes left to the season this late in the game. lmao

I like him
Oct 19, 2021 7:25 PM

Aug 2018
2 episodes left and we just now find out about the vice captain of the black bulls! wowwwwww

Nov 17, 2021 5:29 AM

Jul 2015
Already liking vice captain Nacht with how he shut up the captains there.

Also cool to see the elves at the end, time for them to redeem themselves by helping out!

Mar 9, 2022 8:27 AM
Jul 2018
Ohh Bro!! Nacht is here and a total aftermath of the battle!
Meeting was insane, and I really liked the Yuno's part and what an cliffhanger! Elves are here!
Jun 6, 2022 9:49 PM
Oct 2020
Didn't expect a strategy meeting episode with only 2 more to go. Would have thought we'd go straight to battle stations. At least two more mysteries to unravel and better do it quickly. A Black Bulls vice captain who never was around because he dislikes Yami? Though we now know he was the spy who was infiltrating the Spade kingdom. Also what is Grey's mysterious power? Maybe this will go into play in the final battle?

I get the feeling that The Devil-Binding Ritual is going to be pretty intense. Also, it's going to be action packed right up until the end. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing!
Jun 16, 2022 12:23 AM

Dec 2012
Asta getting healed.
Gauche's tissues were rebuilt?
Yami's sword is in Asta's book.
Asta was stopped.
Dat reveal.
Dem horns.
Vice Captain of the black bulls? Nacht.

Surprised Asta didn't ask Yuno if anything was said about him since they were together on that doorstep.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 23, 2022 11:35 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Nacht is cool asf, Yuno means it when he says he's not going to lose again, and we get to see the elves who stayed behind; apparently they rescued Noelle. I was wondering what they were up to.

Unrelated, but where has Zora wandered off to??

Imagine if we were greeted with another 30+ filler episodes of training and what not before actually heading into the Spade Kingdom. Like they could totally do that, just write up some BS like they have to wait for all the planets to align or something before opening the portal to the underworld. But thankfully we have a ticking clock this time around.

Two episodes remaining, I just hope that the anime manages to not leave us in an awkward spot

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 26, 2022 2:09 PM

Jan 2011
If the plan does not involve Nacht taking Finral or some other spatial magic user so that they can bring in the rest as soon as the fighting starts, the plan is not a good one,
Oct 5, 2022 11:32 AM

May 2014
Woah, I think I may have overlooked the fact that The Black Bulls should have their own vice captain, just like everybody else! I just had a eureka moment right now lol.. Why did I forget that?

Omg. The elves are back! I was wondering where they were since ep 120.

Love the ED song, there's so much heavy fighting lately that I get so relieved when the ED song starts and I hear the angelic and charismatic voices of kpop singers *__*

Black Clover still has more story to tell, definitely the story isn't going to end at ep 170!
Oct 5, 2022 11:37 AM

May 2014
I love Nacht's character!!! I recognized right away he's voiced by Shimono Hiro *___*

Plus, he's bishounen! And... have long hair... *__* ponytail... and it's black.. *__*

Licht = Light in deutsch
Nacht = Night in deutsch

Nice naming sense Tabata-sensei

I want to see Rill's reaction when learns that Charmy paisen is his first love lol.
violityOct 5, 2022 11:43 AM
Dec 5, 2022 4:20 PM

Mar 2010
Highlight of the episode was seeing noelle laying down, don't lie to yourselves :v

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 13, 2023 12:43 PM

Jan 2021
What a way to introduce the vice captain of Black bulls. This guy looks like the real deal. It will be cool to see him in action with his multiple devils.
Also the elves are back. This is getting a lot more interesting.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jan 25, 2023 2:57 PM
Sep 2017
Masterful on every level; animation, story line, stakes, community involvement & most impressively REDEMPTION. I remember binging 56 episodes of Black Clover and catching up to the weekly wait. This was before I consistently read the crunchyroll comments. WOW, I looked at the comments because I remember being gutted that I had to wait-to-watch from then on. (episode 56)
The comments were full of hate; "wow asta just never stops screaming does he", "i will be the wizard king, this is just a trash new age version of naruto with worse animation, believe it!!" , "the voice actor must have throat cancer by now, but not as much cancer as this show has" (these aren't 100% accurate but you get the point) these comments were obviously ignorant, hateful and stupid but still had the most likes in the comments, aka the visible consensus of the show. HOW F**KING CRAZY IS THAT?? NO ONE HAD ANY IDEA WHAT THEY WERE IN FOR!!! Black Clover not only shows the characters within the series overcoming their difficulties, but the show itself & everyone involved in the creation of it, SURPASSING THEIR LIMITS. 10 outta fking 10, this show is absolutely wicked. - Rock Lou x
Jun 10, 2023 5:23 PM
Oct 2016
I’m as shocked as Noelle seeing that the elves are back!
Jun 26, 2023 1:14 PM

Jul 2022
Another Unexpected Plot twist! The Vice Captain of the Black Bulls!?, also the elves are back!?!?!?
Nov 14, 2023 10:35 AM
Oct 2023
Nacht seems like a really interesting character. and yeah thigs really dont look good, pretty sad the anime is coming to an end, well but a great episode
Nov 14, 2023 10:47 AM
Oct 2023
also great to see the elfs back
Mar 12, 3:24 AM

Aug 2015
At the beginning of Black Clover, Yami said that "not everyone was at the hideout right now". Well, it seems that it was the vice-captain who was missing.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

75 by DrCarlosRamos »»
Yesterday, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 144 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2020

35 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2020

49 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 142 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

71 by Vindicater »»
Apr 24, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2020

75 by Vindicater »»
Apr 23, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.