Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2021 5:20 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Qi did not appear in this ep but it was still enjoyable :)
Feb 19, 2021 6:18 PM
Oct 2019
I agree the relationship between the two was very enjoyable to watch and well done.
Mar 23, 2021 8:53 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
It's rare that a show can keep its lead character to the side for an episode and focus just on two side characters for an entire episode, but they made it work here. Apparently everyone loved the fight between Plum Bossom Eleven and He Dachun in the previous season since this episode showcases their chemistry some more and really does a great job making the characters still believable within their interactions.

This episode might have been the funniest so far. So Eleven gets some of her backstory revealed and her attempts to flirt with Dachun just to use him are great. Her voice acting really sells the performance. She tries flirting and bribing, and has to turn to begging and hiring him to get him to comply to help her deal with the clan she "stole" the flying wings technique from.

A great thing about this episode is that it's still up for debate whether Eleven really likes him or is just used to trying to seduce men in general, and likewise, you can't tell if Dachun is refusing because he doesn't think of her romantically or because he doesn't want to let off his feelings. That is part of makes their chemistry so believable.

It's also nice to see that his golden body shield technique isn't perfect. Even without the belly button weakness, it is still Chi based and he runs out of Chi eventually.

anime-primeJun 25, 2021 7:45 AM
Jun 15, 2021 12:59 PM

Nov 2016
That's some advanced armament haki.

Sweet sidestory with a compelling couple. All in roughly 15 minutes. Not just entertaining, but effecient.

"If you refuse to be their bitch, they call you bitch" some legit wisdom from the streets on top

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 25, 2021 7:23 AM

Apr 2018
An episode without the main character, Seven. But with the flying assassin and the Golden Boy.
Well this was really entertaining. I love how they mix comedy and serious together. Really well done. Fight was superb.
The last quote from our Golden Boy hit me hard.
Seriously love how they give the side characters a lot of screentime.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 23, 2021 6:52 PM

May 2019
A great ship from where we less expect.

Amazing how they manage to tell a story in 15 min. The author of this series should invest in others more! I would never get tired.
May 7, 2022 4:09 AM
May 2020
being a bodyguard is like being an umbrella. Umbrellas often seems insignificant, but when it rains their existence becomes very important. I am your umbrella.

that right there was ice in the veins🥶🥶🥶🥶
Jan 30, 2023 8:18 PM

Dec 2020
i'm loving da chun and eleven together every second is great. da chun might be my favourite character so far.
the fight dragged on a bit much though even if that was the point.
I like Közi a healthy amount.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This is no joke I'm really going to do it this time.
Feb 15, 2023 8:32 PM

Mar 2016
Everyone is making their way to Xuanwu, this time we see Dachun and Eleven journeying together. 

Dachun is straight up a chad, man lasted out the battle that went on for over a day, before finishing the main Aviator leader with his signature lock hold technique, saved his client girl, and still has the energy and gall to pose afterwards XD. Give this man the Bodyguard of the month award!

The last scene of them 2 talking on the fields watching the sunset is such a vibe. I do hope they hit it off, unironically. 
Feb 23, 2023 1:43 PM

Jun 2010
Another digression? Is Seven even going to get to Xuanwu?

I do like the re-appearance of Eleven (and Thirteen's) grudge against her father; it's more interesing than Seven's vague quest relating to his past.
Mar 14, 3:28 PM

May 2021
His fighting style is so dumb its hilarious
Inhales oxygen
Mar 29, 5:07 PM

Mar 2014
It was a great episode that focused on the side characters and yet I enjoyed it more than the rest of the episodes in this season. Dachun is my favorite character in this anime so far, every moment with him is hilarious :D
It makes me want to watch a good anime about a bodyguard, but sadly there isn't one :(

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wu Liuqi Zhi Xuanwu Guo Pian Episode 10 Discussion

anime-prime - May 6, 2021

22 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 29, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Wu Liuqi Zhi Xuanwu Guo Pian Episode 8 Discussion

anime-prime - Apr 23, 2021

9 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 29, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Wu Liuqi Zhi Xuanwu Guo Pian Episode 9 Discussion

anime-prime - Apr 28, 2021

9 by Karva1 »»
Mar 14, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Wu Liuqi Zhi Xuanwu Guo Pian Episode 6 Discussion

anime-prime - Apr 8, 2021

5 by Karva1 »»
Mar 14, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Wu Liuqi Zhi Xuanwu Guo Pian Episode 1 Discussion

Xealias - Jan 27, 2021

11 by Karva1 »»
Mar 14, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.