Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Mushoku Tensei removed from BiliBili (main anime streaming service in China). Bad news for upcoming next seasons

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 8, 2021 6:17 PM

Sep 2016
Even if the chinese ban this anime indefinitely, it won't have no effect on Japan.

Japan doesn't give a damn about what bilibili does.
bruh
Feb 8, 2021 6:51 PM

Apr 2012
china is asshole...
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 8, 2021 7:09 PM

Dec 2020
Janethan23 said:
china is asshole...
reminds me of that 1 Chinese guy on YouTube
"Donald Trump don't trust china, China is asshole" lmao
https://youtu.be/8fwgVUfW_O4
Feb 9, 2021 7:27 AM
Oct 2019
Lmao China...
What a surprise
Feb 9, 2021 4:52 PM

Nov 2018
What are chinese morals? Genocide ongoing in china right now

US: China 'committed genocide against Uighurs'
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55723522
Feb 9, 2021 5:36 PM

Mar 2018
ahahah

https://animecorner.me/2021/02/streamer-who-got-mushoku-tensei-removed-from-bilibili-gets-suspended-and-faces-legal-charges/

The punishments decided are as follows:
Bilibili will prosecute Lex Burner for violating the contract and hold him legally responsible.   
Until the judicial conclusion, Lex Burner’s account and live streaming room will be banned.   
Revoke Lex Burner’s 2020 performance awards. He had won 2 awards for the past year as one of the highest rated streamers.  
Disqualify Lex Burner from participating in the “Creative Incentive Program” and other community incentive activities.
Feb 9, 2021 6:20 PM
Oct 2018
Stupid Chinese e-celeb,if the pay off of watching anime.Don't Closer of Boycott again Anime Fans are Basher in China!
Feb 9, 2021 7:30 PM
Jun 2016
I don't think the Chinese market even matters anymore, a lot of popular anime are banned or censors in China already.
Feb 9, 2021 7:34 PM
Jun 2016
Larcus said:
Thats crazy... To think e-celebs had so much influence in China...

Imagine if Gigguk were to cancel AOT saying its far-right propaganda.

The far-right propaganda about AOT is non-sense, the Mushoku issue is far more controversial.
Feb 9, 2021 7:46 PM
Jun 2016
TimMarcus said:
Being an anime fan is basically being garbage what's with this stupid denial

Elon Musk: press X to doubt
Feb 9, 2021 7:50 PM
Jun 2016
rdturbo said:
HigekiTragedy said:
Let's not pretend that the chinese know nothing about VPN.

This might be dick move but doesn't means they lost the chinese market completely and they better not be.

what they lost is future revenue. the chinese have to pay for memberships to watch anime on bb. The rights for this season must have been paid off already but the next season is in doubt now. China makes up a huge chunk of revenue, maybe even more than western market.

Obviously they can use vpn to watch on Youtube through Muse Asia or torrents or whatever, but the loss in revenue will be huge which will impact later seasons.

not sure how much of the revenue is from paid subscription, I assume most of them are still from blue-ray sales?
Feb 9, 2021 7:52 PM
Jun 2016
Rjstizzer said:
XXXXXXXXXIII said:

It'll probably be back, since it's not a government ban like SnK, nor did it suffer extreme fan back-lash like BnHA. I'd imagine the license was not cheap for bilibili, plus it already had 70 million views spread over the first 4 episodes, triple that of the current season of ReZero.

lol why would SnK get banned anywhere? Governments not happy with seeing anime people getting eaten by giant trolls?
The Chinese gov is kinda like the Marley, maybe they took that personally.
Feb 9, 2021 7:58 PM

Jan 2020
strongzero said:
TimMarcus said:
Being an anime fan is basically being garbage what's with this stupid denial

Elon Musk: press X to doubt

Well supporting coup against government in Bolivia for their natural resources is garbage
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Feb 9, 2021 9:25 PM
Aug 2015
strongzero said:
rdturbo said:

what they lost is future revenue. the chinese have to pay for memberships to watch anime on bb. The rights for this season must have been paid off already but the next season is in doubt now. China makes up a huge chunk of revenue, maybe even more than western market.

Obviously they can use vpn to watch on Youtube through Muse Asia or torrents or whatever, but the loss in revenue will be huge which will impact later seasons.

not sure how much of the revenue is from paid subscription, I assume most of them are still from blue-ray sales?

blu-ray sales were of utmost priority 4 years ago. Now, its all about streaming rights and merch. Crunchyroll pays $300k-$400k per episode for streaming rights, which is in the high range for budget of producing each episode. Then there is additional money paid based on the number of views an anime gets. This is one of the primary reasons why we have seen an explosion in terms of the number of anime being produced each year. Basically, if you can get the anime to be streamed worldwide, the chances of making a loss is negligible now.

I am sure that Netflix pays even higher than crunchyroll. Now in terms of revenue from China, I have read that it is higher than the western market. It includes streaming rights, merch sales and events, so I am not sure how much billibilli pays for each episode but I expect it to be substantial. To watch anime on billibilli, you have to pay for subscription. I don't know how much it costs but I expect it would be somewhere around $3-$6.

Now, Mushoku Tensei itself had 81 million views in total by ep 4, and if ep 5 would have been released, it would have reached 100 mil views easily and would have been the fastest to have done so. Assuming that 20 million people account for those, thats a good number for paid views.

Comparing this to blu-ray sales, honestly there is not much left to say. Even in Japan itself, every airing anime is simulcasted on Nico Nico Douga, Hulu and Netflix. And most of them aren't exclusive to one, I have seen some that were both on NND and Hulu at the same time.

Anime industry has grown a lot over the past few years and you can see that by the amount of money being exchanged at the top. Sony bought crunchyroll a few months ago for upwards of $1b.
Nagatsuki Tappei (ReZero): It goes without saying that "Mushoku Tensei" is interesting, but first of all, it's amazing that you were able to depict the life of one character, Rudy. People say that "CLANNAD" is life, but for me, "Mushoku Tensei" is life
Feb 10, 2021 1:13 AM
Jan 2018
They should have put a age warning on it, kids shouldn't be watching it
Feb 10, 2021 1:15 AM

Jan 2017
Rob7 said:

https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/1358473839286525952

"Mushoku Tensei" all previous 04 episodes has been removed from Chinese site Bilibili due to technical issues. Episode #5 will not be updated for a while due to the same reason.

Explanation from 4chan:

-------------

The most ridiculous reason possible. Stupid e-celeb seeking for attention are bashing one of the most popular anime of the season, the fandom reacts, and the streaming service, affraid to be involved in that, just remove the anime.

Mushoku Tensei was not banned from China by the Goverment, no censorship, but now it lost great part of the revenue in the biggest anime market of the world.

It may not cancel the next seasons of MT, but undoublty it is a huge blow. Delays may be expected, after all, anime is money.

This is hilarious, the weird incels who somehow enjoy this trash will be upset and ill laugh and get enjoyment out of it. Best news this month
you're cool
Feb 10, 2021 1:44 AM

Dec 2019
Well this is true that this anime has some scenes where this become super ecchi anime but nobody is forcing people to watch this anime. I mean if you want to watch it then watch but if you don't want to watch it then don't watch it, why banning it. Banning something is not solution of the problem..
Prestige Member of Anime Shenanigans
Feb 10, 2021 3:18 AM
Dec 2020
ITS JUST A SOURCE OF ENTERTAINMENT
And why all of this now
Wasnt the webtoon or manga release way before
Feb 17, 2021 10:11 AM

Aug 2017
Nodoby mentioned that the streamer who got Mushoku Tensei removed from Bilibili gets suspended and faces legal charges.

https://animecorner.me/2021/02/streamer-who-got-mushoku-tensei-removed-from-bilibili-gets-suspended-and-faces-legal-charges/
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 17, 2021 10:12 AM

Jan 2009
Nurguburu said:
Nodoby mentioned that the streamer who got Mushoku Tensei removed from Bilibili gets suspended and faces legal charges.

you did not look hard enough https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1896379
Feb 18, 2021 11:24 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread locked.

For more information please see this post.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

470 by marta_valse »»
Today, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

230 by marta_valse »»
Today, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

337 by marta_valse »»
Yesterday, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

440 by marta_valse »»
Yesterday, 4:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

297 by marta_valse »»
May 9, 11:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.