Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 6, 2021 4:26 AM

Jan 2016
I really feel now why people said that Tomozaki is cringy
Feb 6, 2021 4:35 AM
Jan 2021
I've been seeing a lot of people saying stuff like "Why is it bad to be a loner?" or "Why is Aoi forcing Tomozaki to be so fake?"

It's not about either of those, it's about not being antisocial. At the start of the anime, we are told that Tomozaki has practically given up on life as well as social interactions. It's not about being a loner, because even loners have reasons for why they're living life the way they are. Tomozaki literally gave up on life, and that's a seriously unhealthy mindset. If you deprive yourself of social experience, especially during your high school years where you learn the most about social culture, you will have an insanely difficult time living life in the future where you'll be unable to simply strike conversation with an adult or even an employer. And all of that simply because you decided to not want to try in life anymore.

And on top of that, "faking" social interaction isn't bad. I mean, how many of you have accidentally spaced out before whilst speaking to a friend and then when you snap back to reality you just look at them while nodding and saying "Yeah" because you have 0 clue what they just said. You're faking a social interaction because you want to carry on a conversation, which is what Aoi is trying to help with Tomozaki. She's making him take on all these tasks and act social with others in order to gain social experience. Tomozaki may pretend from time to time, but sometimes you gotta pretend in order to strike up or carry on a conversation with someone, then you can take the initiative and swing the subject back around to something you're knowledgeable about.

We see Tomozaki having slowly gone from a hesitant, soft-spoken introvert into a slightly more assertive and open-minded speaker. I think this has been fairly good development so far and I'm interested in seeing where this plot will head towards next. I was wondering when we'd see more of Minami, and I'm curious to know the true relationship between Aoi and Minami because it seems like there's more between the two than just meets the eye.
Feb 6, 2021 4:54 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Apparently, Tomozaki gained more confident, over his relations with Yuzu, but he still sucks the ball at a certain place. Also, via his last bombastic speech, its attracted some guy joining his side. Yep, that's him and its good enough at least to convince that master of game life, Aoi Hinami. The next task seems difficult. However, Tomozaki always got lucky timing he needed to pass the trial. An awkward quick bite invitation went around to the shopping trip, double date as their best description to the entire duration. Nice swift, and joke. Lol.

That group messages invitation awkwardness, can relate more to me. A little sister had her little lines. I hope she got more screen time. Alas, our low-tier hero, Tomozaki-kun, still sucked the ball as his best. So, i must be patience to a certain events. Well, to short it off, Tomozaki learnt much to his shopping 'date' with Yuzu. His lucky word always hit the target, even though its got unnoticed by Hinami. Sighing heavily.

A nice exchange conversation within the two pairs happened. Tomozaki realized something strange with Hinami and Mizusawa interaction. But, i guess, its didn't matter at all in the first place, at least from Hinami's side. A self-realization accidentally obtained. Its called a result beyond his difficult task. But, still, he got scolded by Hinami because of his lack effort to completed the quest. Well, give Tomozaki a little break, girl. However, once again, her heavy-game-allegory lectures about Tomozaki failure in this episode, somehow, regained my proud over those master of game life.

Negotiation game, eh? Good suggestion and do the bad rule to push it through via a certain camouflages Interesting lesson. Moreover, to the next event to choose a future student council nominations. Ah, yes, finally, its Mimimimimi time again!
badabassFeb 6, 2021 5:01 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 6, 2021 6:07 AM

Nov 2011
Pretty okay episode. Tomozaki knowing his improvements is good.

Nanami arc next week? Hyped
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 6, 2021 7:26 AM

Oct 2016
Severe lack of Fuka this episode.

Pretty great episode though, I am really liking Tomozaki's growth. Honestly at first I cringed when he said that he also wanted to buy Nakamura a gift when he was convincing Izumi, but then he said his reasoning where it's to patch things up and I'm like huh, that's actually a super good reason. Good job Tomozaki.

Giving suggestions in group outings is hard, I don't like it myself, I just follow along with whatever the group wants since I am afraid of people not liking the suggestion. So, that's pretty relatable.

I have a feeling Mizusawa actually likes Hinami, I hope Mizusawa is not being friendly to Tomozaki just because of that and that he genuinely wanna be friends with Tomozaki.
Feb 6, 2021 4:07 PM

Jul 2012
I'm enjoying this one so far. I don't think it's knock your socks off, but episode 4 felt like a turn for this show in the right direction. I don't love it, but I don't hate it.
Feb 6, 2021 9:27 PM
Jan 2021
It's hard ...... Seriously, I don't know how many times I paused this episode. It is amazing how this anime goes from heaven to hell in a matter of seconds, when you think it hits something, right after that it comes with its "robotized" and bizarre ideas.
The author's view of the forms and processes of a person who has problems socializing, for this work I don't know if he would be stupid or innocent.
But the maneuver that the script does so that: a development of a person like that, only really succeeds is if he follows "rules", who is in charge of exposing them to tomozaki is the hinami character (we don't fucking know any of them , since it is not the theory that she went through this same process) is totally weird.
An example: the moment when tomozaki has to suggest two things had to be TWO, not 1 and not 3 but TWO. He has a simple and natural conversation with izumi where he ends up suggesting something, without fulfilling a "task" or something like that, he exposes himself, through the naturalness of the conversation and this flows well, until the moment he starts thinking whether or not to do .....
This anime self-sabotages itself, proposes things, but it will take a different path and that is not merit.
There are many more things (problems) from this anime to talk about, but never mind .....
That's it, I leave this TEXT registered here.
Until next week....
Feb 6, 2021 9:48 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
z00nex said:

Anyway, the important part of this episode was how thicc Yuzu is.

I have to agree with this lol

And another great episode, I’d say I don’t really agree with the advice about making suggestions at the end, too bad Tomozaki got persuaded with video game logic pretty fast. Still really enjoying this one tho.
Feb 6, 2021 10:04 PM

Aug 2017
Tomozaki is jealous of Mizusawa. I mean I don't blame him. Everyone loved Aoi!!

But damn Yuzu is also fine!!

Tomozaki slowly increasing his harem like Hikigaya!!

Interesting!!!

Feb 7, 2021 2:02 AM
Dec 2017
Mizusawa a very cool dude.

Feb 7, 2021 4:38 AM

Oct 2013
z00nex said:
It looks like Tomozaki is starting to get jealous of Mizusawa.

Kuso game counter: 1, I think I’ve only heard it once in this episode.

My guy!
Between the endless amount of text this episode, the two things I really remember is that thicc bend over and right before when she did the arm pull in excited boob bounce!

Thank you for being a man of culture.
Feb 7, 2021 4:48 AM

Sep 2019
Collins89 said:
z00nex said:

My guy!
Between the endless amount of text this episode, the two things I really remember is that thicc bend over and right before when she did the arm pull in excited boob bounce!

Thank you for being a man of culture.
No, thank you 🤝
Feb 7, 2021 5:15 AM

Oct 2013
Taiki22 said:
Mizusawa a very cool dude.

Too funny and too gay!

Feb 7, 2021 7:10 AM

Feb 2015
Is this show actually going anywhere, its a real slow burner. I find the MC a massive sadsack so I need a reason to push on. This weeks episode in particular wa straight up boring.
CrashmattFeb 7, 2021 7:16 AM
Feb 7, 2021 7:33 AM
Jun 2020
Crashmatt said:
Is this show actually going anywhere, its a real slow burner. I find the MC a massive sadsack so I need a reason to push on. This weeks episode in particular wa straight up boring.

yes, unless you're not paying attention at all the show is actually going in better direction.
Feb 7, 2021 10:23 AM

Mar 2010
Felt a bit draggy I mean we all understand the premise at this point but where is da drama.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 7, 2021 3:38 PM
Oct 2016
Week-by-week I dislike Hinami more and more.
Tomozaki actually did a good job on the shopping trip imo but oh no he didn't complete his 'quest objectives' so in Hinami's eyes he failed.
Even though she generally has good advice and helps Tomozaki to become a functioning member of society, I really dislike her methods.

Not to mention I think this quest was kinda eh.. This skill isn't necessarily needed by someone, just because you are not the leader-type of a group doesn't mean you are socially inept or a pushover or something.

I think I will finish this, I don't entirely hate this thing and I enjoy the characters outside of Hinami, especially Fuuka, but Wotakoi did the whole 'otaku dating' thing better and Genshiken did the whole 'otakus in general' thing better.
Feb 8, 2021 6:04 AM

Sep 2020
Mizusawa looks like an interesting guy huh.

Looks like tomozaki-kun invites Izumi to go out shopping to buy a gift for Nakamura and he might've failed doing the task. But he at least managed to convinced Izumi to join in.
Looks like Mizusawa and Hinami are close too.

Looks like the student council elections are gonna happen and Both Hinami and Minami are taking part xD

Looking forward for the next episode to see who wins election.
Feb 8, 2021 6:05 AM

Oct 2018
A group outing for Shuji's birthday, count me in! This is a perfect chance for Tomozaki-kun to learn how to do suggesting and control his own group outing.

This feelings I felt while watching this anime. Looks like I'm detecting jealousy on Tomozaki-kun toward Hinami-san.

Next episode looks like will be a student council election. Looking forward for the next episode.
Forum set made by Nate
Feb 8, 2021 7:41 AM

May 2019
I am so bothered by the fact that there was corn on the pizza that everything else about the episode was lost on me.
Feb 8, 2021 9:16 AM

Sep 2019
z00nex said:

Yuzu's thicc af, she's lovely.
Feb 8, 2021 9:22 AM
Oct 2020
Tomozaki should tell Hinami that a moment longer and he will fall in love with her. Therefore, he should stop this horrible experiment socializing him.
Feb 8, 2021 5:16 PM

Sep 2020
Oh yeah. We finally started the best arc of this story. It will be a very important arc for Mimimi, and now Tomozaki will finally use his wits and act independently, not just being ordered by Hinami. So get ready.
Being alone is not synonymous with being lonely.

Feb 11, 2021 4:23 AM
Jul 2020
Our boy gets jealous now lol, can't wait for next episode damn! Unexpectedly becoming my favorite anime for the season
Feb 11, 2021 10:51 AM
Jan 2020
The shopping trip was fun. Something that Tomozaki experienced for the first time. It’s a good thing that he is actually taking some learning from this.
Feb 12, 2021 8:00 AM

Apr 2020
I'm a week late from the episode so all I gotta say is this---WTF ARE WITH THOSE SUBS IN THE BEGINNING!?

"And I destroyed her--with no quarter, no mercy, and no kindness". - Tomozaki
"If you're not too tired, another round?" - Hinami

My thirst for fan service mindset and these kinds of subtitles are in a smooth collision baby.
Mar 29, 2021 9:31 PM

Aug 2017
"While the normies went out to sing karaoke or do some shopping"

AH, TOMOZAKI-KUN IS TALKING LIKE ME. This anime has amazing quotes.
NurguburuMar 29, 2021 10:00 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 16, 2021 1:25 AM

Jul 2015
Tomozaki looks pretty cool with his hair gelled. Mizusawa seems like a good guy for now but I got the feeling something might happen in the future especially with the rumors of Aoi dating him floating around.

Jul 10, 2021 4:26 PM

Nov 2013
Dialogue is excessive and pretty boring. I dazed out a few times and almost fell asleep at the end.
Sep 22, 2021 4:12 AM

Jan 2017
Fumiya technically didn't achieve what he set out to do during the shopping trip but nevertheless our boy learnt so much from it

And of course there's gonna be a Danganronpa and Ace Attorney reference when a game about persuasion is discussed
Jul 26, 2022 3:47 AM

Jun 2021
I'm calling it, tomozaki is going to find out about sister's issue, sister won't acknowledge brother to be helpful, brother stands up for her sister (maybe give a speech), sister says thanks and starts to like tomozaki.
May 9, 2023 9:10 AM

Dec 2022
The amount of flags Mizusawa was raising had me honestly thinking he had or was going to have a thing for Tomozaki.
Jul 26, 2023 10:58 AM
Oct 2021
Good character development and quite an original storyline, considering it was based on typical romance main story of every other anime, this one rather stands out with its own twist in it.
Nov 8, 2023 4:15 PM

Sep 2023
Least favorite episode so far but I guess it was more an introduction to Mizusawa than anything else. That hair styling was pretty spicy 😅
Jan 4, 3:00 PM

Aug 2014
Well it was the best episode so far.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 26, 3:37 AM
Dec 2022
Tomozaki has a new ally/friend and goes out in a shopping trip with three friends. How will it turns out?
Feb 25, 12:39 PM
May 2020
learning a lot from the outing there tomozaki
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

181 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 4, 3:37 PM

Poll: » Which is your favorite ship?

TheCryBabyHero - Nov 22, 2023

16 by Nathan_Murphy »»
May 2, 3:13 AM

» Anyone else disappointed on whom does tomozaki date? (LN SPOILERS)

Elma_fer - Mar 20, 2021

23 by Mikhail0703 »»
Mar 28, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 15, 2021

124 by SaulN9903 »»
Mar 9, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2021

201 by Komlan_6 »»
Feb 25, 8:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.