Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 30, 2021 11:58 PM
Jul 2020
Im an anime only and ive enjoyed what everything happened so far. I dont get why the score dropped simply because its going anime original..the show isnt even finished yet! Though i understand your concerns dont get me wrong, it could end up like akame ga kill which sucked.

From what ive heard, the manga gets worse overtime right? The author is working close with the studio and maybe its his choice for the anime to go this route for the better.

Sorry if there are grammar mistakes, not native :v
Ill definitely check out the manga and see for myself in the near future
Jan 31, 2021 12:03 AM
Sep 2015
They mad because they don't know what is going to happen next. They are just showing their superiority complex cause they felt like they lost their advantage and bragging rights to people who are anime only watchers.

They felt like the Studio is butchering the manga but they don't know the mangaka is a staff of the anime.
Jan 31, 2021 12:30 AM

Dec 2020
The Manga was very well done before chapter 118. The characters were fantastic and the plot was great. A well liked character (SPOILERS) Yuugo, was entirely skipped and played a big part in the next arc as well as in Ray and Emmas’ character development. What it looks like so far is that the anime will be skipping the “Goldy Pond” arc and Yuugos’ introduction completely, which has made many manga readers upset as the “Goldy Pond” arc was favorited among many of them and it would’ve been nice to see it animated.
Jan 31, 2021 3:59 AM

May 2019
the second arc that they skipped was really appreciated and well received even if some peoples didn't rate it as well as the first arc,and that arc had one of the most favorite characters aswell.many considered the manga to go downhill after the second or third arc but they entirely skipped to the third arc.
and the problem is that even the adaptation of the third arc (the raid arc) was heavily inferior to the manga due to the absence of the characters from arc 2 and the silly execution, like the how trained soldiers were overpowered by some kids and them escaping unscratched.
Jan 31, 2021 4:11 AM

Jul 2019
Not everyone is mad. This might turn out to be fine. TPN manga wasn't something I called good anyway.

This always happens lol, this is nothing new. I bet some anime only are upset too.
Jan 31, 2021 4:52 AM
Jan 2021
I'm an anime-only viewer and had no stake in hoping for the strict adaptation of the manga. I could care less about changes they make that's anime original, as long as the anime is lit like it was in S1. In fact it wouldn't have to be as good as S1 to be seen as awesome and great, since S1 TPN went above and beyond, expecting that top tier level is too high of an expectation, I think.....

But even I can tell that this anime S2 original is a nose dive. I haven't read the manga content, but I don't need to, to know that what I'm viewing in the anime is bad writing, bad execution, bad pacing. It's an inconsistent mess with top tier SoL cringe filler being thrown into the mix, that I just can't even express how depressed I am to see such a down grade.

The character dialogue and slice of life interactions felt completely unnatural and forced. I don't want to watch and rewatch them take a bath or shower, I don't need to see Nat constantly play songs on the piano. This isn't a concert we came to view, we came to watch a story about children escaping a death farm, strategizing and training then implementing a plan to enact some sort of guerrilla warfare and sabotage to help rescue the rest of their brethren. I don't want to waste time watching instead, the kids fumbling around trying to catch land fish for a good chunk of the episode. Not to mention, I thought these kids were supposed to be savants, and prodigy's. Having food yet still deciding to test out a possible fataly toxic fish by having some or even one of the children consuming it?! What an incredibly stupid and dangerous decision to make without any fundamental reason, merit or benefit in taking such a risk

Not to mention how blatantly obnoxious the plot armor is in ep 4..
1)Two children will defeat an armed and equipped soldier.
2)that soldier won't scream or call for a team formation to chase those children.
3) there's an underground passage they can use to escape
4) one of the children used it as a playground so they know the way.
5)there's an extra exit the soldiers don't know about but the child does.
6)there's no soldiers outside near the shelter
7) the soldiers are exactly at their destination to capture them (near the woods) where of course a big monster appears and kills all the soldiers who apparently weren't prepared for it.
8)Ray shoots and hits the eye.
9)its the monster's weak spot, which the soldiers with GUNS couldn't hit once.
10) monster eats all and only the adults allowing all the kids to escape unscathed....
Wow, plot armor extraordinare.

Are we supposed to believe that these special ops military men with guns couldn't even get anything done against a bunch of unprepared 12 year old and under children armed with a few bows and arrows?

And Isabella is back to help hunt them down cause why? I mean obviously their trained military men are utterly idiotically useless but still. ...how is she going to magically know how to hunt them down and capture them? Not to mention they duped her before already after planning, training and implementing a successful escape under her care and watch so ......wtf? Why did they keep her around? She's in jail? But she's not a criminal that is serving time. She's livestock that's meant to help raise and groom other livestock for butcher. They aren't trying to rehabilitate a criminal back into society. To house criminals costs money, and resources so why spend it on one livestock animal? It's an illogical outcome UNLESS she's just a recycled plot device for uncreative writing and staff to use as a villain to save time, effort and money instead of bringing in new antagonists into the mix. The only 2 logical options that would've happened to her as a character would be, that they killed her and sold her off as cheap since she's aged (kinda like selling mutton, instead of lamb) ....or she gets shipped to a breeding farm since she might bare more high-quality livestock. Which is reminiscent to Handmaid's Tale, and being a shonen, may be too adult themed, but if so, then they should have just killed her off. Having her be jailed is just ridiculous and would only happen if she was a plot device in a bad script.

There's more wrong with this episode and in fact the entire 2nd season that I could rant about but I think I'll just end it there for now with one parting comment... Since ep 1, something felt off with the pacing, as well as the weird dialogue that seemed more like plot narration exposition for viewers rather than in-character dialogue interactions with each other. With ep.4, my unease/ nervousness has turned into crushing disappointment.
Even though I haven't read the manga, I wouldn't need to, to understand the frustration of the manga readers, since they changed what was for a lot of fans, their favorite arc, and presented instead this steaming pile as a replacement.
If the show somehow does a 180 turnaround from episode 5 onward, I'd be absolutely floored, but the probability is next to null if given the recent episodes that's been released so far in S2 is anything to go by.
Ergo_Kitty_KatJan 31, 2021 5:01 AM
Jan 31, 2021 5:17 AM
Feb 2019

Goddamn man, you are a criminal, you've completely murdered this season, I couldn't have said that better even if I tried. Normally I would've tell you to relax but I like the madness in you to completely savage and butcher this anime (which is already butchered to begin with), that double-butchering was insta-kill. Keep it going man.
Jan 31, 2021 6:55 AM
Oct 2014

Very well said. This post explained my exact thoughts. Thank you
This is an official MAL signature. Monogatari is the best anime. Thank you for your time.
Jan 31, 2021 7:10 AM

Jun 2014
I haven't seen this season yet, but I' don't think manga was that good after 1st arc. It went downhill pretty soon. It was pretty much Talk No Jutsu.
Jan 31, 2021 7:42 AM

Aug 2013
George_Alfaruq said:
They mad because they don't know what is going to happen next. They are just showing their superiority complex cause they felt like they lost their advantage and bragging rights to people who are anime only watchers.

They felt like the Studio is butchering the manga but they don't know the mangaka is a staff of the anime.

This is a very fair, unbiased response.
Jan 31, 2021 7:43 AM
Jun 2015
They wanted to see little kids fighting demons with smgs lol
Jan 31, 2021 7:56 AM
Jan 2008
George_Alfaruq said:

As a manga reader i would love it if this new direction can be good, but when it comes to history how many anime shows turned out to be better than the manga original storyline? maybe there are but am sure its few
Jan 31, 2021 8:13 AM

Apr 2014
So far they've removed major characters from the story, and it looks like they are going to skip the majority of the promised neverland that I would call great, leaving only the downhill spiral that happened in the manga. This is just a butchered adaptation.
Jan 31, 2021 8:43 AM
Nov 2019
I've read the manga myself and it seems like the anime is definitely going to be different from the manga, seeing how characters from the manga are missing and how the Goldie pond arc might be skipped. I'm kinda disappointed that we didn't learn more about the other high-quality farms and get to meet the missing characters from the manga in the anime. This does put a more mysterious feel to the anime as well as saving time for the unknown scenes to come so I'm not mad about it at all, but I can see why other people are mad about this though
Jan 31, 2021 9:27 AM

May 2018
KittyKatNoir said:
I'm an anime-only viewer and had no stake in hoping for the strict adaptation of the manga. I could care less about changes they make that's anime original, as long as the anime is lit like it was in S1. In fact it wouldn't have to be as good as S1 to be seen as awesome and great, since S1 TPN went above and beyond, expecting that top tier level is too high of an expectation, I think.....

But even I can tell that this anime S2 original is a nose dive. I haven't read the manga content, but I don't need to, to know that what I'm viewing in the anime is bad writing, bad execution, bad pacing. It's an inconsistent mess with top tier SoL cringe filler being thrown into the mix, that I just can't even express how depressed I am to see such a down grade.

The character dialogue and slice of life interactions felt completely unnatural and forced. I don't want to watch and rewatch them take a bath or shower, I don't need to see Nat constantly play songs on the piano. This isn't a concert we came to view, we came to watch a story about children escaping a death farm, strategizing and training then implementing a plan to enact some sort of guerrilla warfare and sabotage to help rescue the rest of their brethren. I don't want to waste time watching instead, the kids fumbling around trying to catch land fish for a good chunk of the episode. Not to mention, I thought these kids were supposed to be savants, and prodigy's. Having food yet still deciding to test out a possible fataly toxic fish by having some or even one of the children consuming it?! What an incredibly stupid and dangerous decision to make without any fundamental reason, merit or benefit in taking such a risk

2)that soldier won't scream or call for a team formation to chase those children.
7) the soldiers are exactly at their destination to capture them (near the woods) where of course a big monster appears and kills all the soldiers who apparently weren't prepared for it.
10) monster eats all and only the adults allowing all the kids to escape unscathed....

Are we supposed to believe that these special ops military men with guns couldn't even get anything done against a bunch of unprepared 12 year old and under children armed with a few bows and arrows?

And Isabella is back to help hunt them down cause why? I mean obviously their trained military men are utterly idiotically useless but still. ...how is she going to magically know how to hunt them down and capture them? Not to mention they duped her before already after planning, training and implementing a successful escape under her care and watch so ......wtf? Why did they keep her around? She's in jail? But she's not a criminal that is serving time. She's livestock that's meant to help raise and groom other livestock for butcher. They aren't trying to rehabilitate a criminal back into society. To house criminals costs money, and resources so why spend it on one livestock animal? It's an illogical outcome UNLESS she's just a recycled plot device for uncreative writing and staff to use as a villain to save time, effort and money instead of bringing in new antagonists into the mix. The only 2 logical options that would've happened to her as a character would be, that they killed her and sold her off as cheap since she's aged (kinda like selling mutton, instead of lamb) ....or she gets shipped to a breeding farm since she might bare more high-quality livestock. Which is reminiscent to Handmaid's Tale, and being a shonen, may be too adult themed, but if so, then they should have just killed her off. Having her be jailed is just ridiculous and would only happen if she was a plot device in a bad script.

There's more wrong with this episode and in fact the entire 2nd season that I could rant about but I think I'll just end it there for now with one parting comment... Since ep 1, something felt off with the pacing, as well as the weird dialogue that seemed more like plot narration exposition for viewers rather than in-character dialogue interactions with each other. With ep.4, my unease/ nervousness has turned into crushing disappointment.
Even though I haven't read the manga, I wouldn't need to, to understand the frustration of the manga readers, since they changed what was for a lot of fans, their favorite arc, and presented instead this steaming pile as a replacement.
If the show somehow does a 180 turnaround from episode 5 onward, I'd be absolutely floored, but the probability is next to null if given the recent episodes that's been released so far in S2 is anything to go by.

I love your response and I love you, full homo
Jan 31, 2021 11:36 AM

Oct 2016
Im not mad about neverland getting an original/filler arc. I'm just really confused they are skipping an entire Arc for it. And with the Original Author involved, he is basiacally saying this Arc isn't worth adapting.
Jan 31, 2021 11:41 AM
Apr 2016
Any only people are bragging and laughing, but imo, even disregarding the manga, episode 4 mostly felt uneventful and contrived.

We spent a good amount of the episode replacing the sense of suspense and mystery, that the series is know for, with boring slice of life scenes.

It only gets worse when it’s compared to the manga that executed this section the story much better.
There’s an entire plotline introduced in episode 3 which was completely abandoned with this episode. Sure it could always comeback later, but I can’t imagine how, as the bunker they were in was pretty essential for the plotline.

Then there was the escape which felt like they only survived through sheer luck and plot armor. Where as the manga equivalent of this area in the story featured legitimate strategy for the characters to make it out alive.

I don’t believe the Manga Readers hAVe an issue with anime original plotlines being included in the story. Everyone is pretty much in agreement that Neverland’s final arc is pure garbage. So if we got an anime original final arc, manga readers would likely praise that decision.

The issue is that the anime is completely skipping arcs that were widely considered amazing. Completely writing out fan favorite characters. And most manga readers can clearly see that this season intends to wrap up the entire story, so Season 3 isn’t happening.
Unless we get a The Promised Neverland: Brotherhood in a few years, which is unlikely, it’s looking like we probably won’t ever see any of these story arcs that we’ve been waiting to see, get animated ever.
Jan 31, 2021 11:43 AM
Apr 2016
And to add to my message above. Most ppl are aware that the original manga author is involved. But considering that he didn’t even conclude the manga very well, that doesn’t necessarily guarantee that his anime original scripts will be better than the well received arc we already have
Jan 31, 2021 12:55 PM
Oct 2020
Well we all know the ending of manga was not the best.
Glad they took a little different turn from manga, just hope it won't be in the cost of best arcs and characters...
Can't believe they took Yuugo out though, really dissapointed
Jan 31, 2021 8:49 PM

Jul 2017
I'm speechless. Goldy Pond was the only remaining arc I was REALLY looking forward to, and they just fucking deleted it from existence:

No Yuugo, no Lucas & gang, no Lewis.

What a goddamn disappointment, Holy shit.

If you’re wondering why manga readers are pissed is because they’ve skipped parts, cut out a important character who impacts the family for Isabella Bizarre Adventures pt.2?

It was the 3rd half of the manga that went downhill, it was still good at this point.

I’m sure anime only watchers can see there’s pacing issues, contrived writing, plot armour and plot holes e.g. is the “HELP” from the room going to mean something now?

I know the author is involved so I’ll watch and maybe I’ll figure out why he wanted to go with this different (worse) direction.
FlexstyleFeb 1, 2021 6:12 AM
Feb 1, 2021 12:32 AM

Mar 2018
KittyKatNoir said:

Hit the nail right on the head or should I say hit the arrow right in the demon's eye lmao.
Feb 1, 2021 12:37 AM

Mar 2018
The promised neverland was never that good anyway. I always found the children obnoxious and it's the same in this season. The only good part of season 1 was Isabella and her backstory. Everything else was painfully mediocre.
Feb 1, 2021 2:47 AM

Feb 2018
I would just wait and watch. TbH the best part of Neverland was the first arc and I was disappointed regarding its adaptation. Leaving the inner monologues was not good. Ideally it should have been 13/14 episodes long. It's not like animating them would have been much of a problem. They just needed a good soundtrack and probably an animation which they could have reused. Even still images which change every few seconds work perfectly fine for monologues.
shubh_jain_2Feb 1, 2021 2:51 AM
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Feb 1, 2021 3:14 AM
Dec 2019
They legitly skipped lot of good shit even the best arc so it has a reason
Feb 1, 2021 3:34 AM

Sep 2019
KittyKatNoir said:

Good point about Isabella. It doesn't make sense why the Demons would build prisons that had "human sized" beds and toiletries inside of a cell.
Feb 1, 2021 4:00 AM
Nov 2020
KittyKatNoir said:

You explained my thoughts on the season thank you.
Feb 1, 2021 5:24 AM

May 2019
KittyKatNoir said:

Yes, another quote, because it deserves.

Watching it i thought that all the elite squad attack was completely dumb. And i also had to skip the slice of life moments in the wrong context.

I'm not manga reader, and i felt something is very wrong with this 2nd season.

Not a surprise that the score drop from 8.42 after the 1st episode to 8.10 now and it is still falling.

Feb 1, 2021 5:25 AM
Jan 2018
I've haven't read the manga yet but anime originals don't exactly have a good track record of being good (Tokyo Ghoul root A, Soul Eater, etc), and even the best of them end up being considered inferior to the manga and more faithful adaptations everytime we get them like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Fruits Basket (2019), Hunter x Hunter (2011). The anime original ending will most likely be okay at best, and Promised Neverland will become a show like Tokyo Ghoul and One Punch Man were everyone recommends you start reading the manga after the first season of the anime. Fingers crossed that the series maintains enough popularity to get a another adaptation in a few more years.
Feb 1, 2021 7:59 AM

Mar 2020
Because they skipped the best arc in the series.
check out odd taxi
Feb 1, 2021 9:17 AM

May 2014
Yeah, I certainly don't think there's a holier than thou manga reader complex going on here that's mad because we don't know what's going to happen next. The implications of the episode is that like 1/3rd of the manga's content is either going to be rehashed very poorly into the story, or skipped entirely(the latter seems to be the worst fear). I appreciate when shows step up to try experimental things and explore the world more; but in this case it's condensing it so it explores it even less, which is a damn shame.

If it's not broken, don't fix it.
Feb 2, 2021 10:19 AM

Oct 2011
My question is... how could they follow the manga EXACTLY in season 1 and completely deviate from the manga in season 2?? Doesn't make any sense.

Season 1 was extremely popular and well received, why would they change the formula and fuck everything up.
Feb 2, 2021 10:53 AM
Sep 2008
I'm irked cause it changes some later stuff and delays or erases a neat character. I don't really know how they're going to do his arc now lol. I'm bracing for it to be worse than the manga.
Feb 2, 2021 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
the only reason I'm relatively mad is because of the fact that they skipped over so much context, characters, and one of the biggest arcs in the entire series. without some of these characters the children would've not had their character development. Yuugo and Lucas were super crucial characters to the storyline, as they helped the kids learn new things about the world and basically were like father figures to the kids. I'm just disappointed that I waited so long just for everything to be changed. I did not like the ending of the manga and I'll admit that, it was pretty.. I don't know, cheesy?? it had a lot of potential that they just threw out the window. it's possible they'll make the storyline 10x better but for now we will wait and see.
Feb 2, 2021 6:45 PM

Oct 2015
Not mad here. But the last episode was pretty bad, regardless of it following the manga or not.

Might be good from this point on, but might be a beautiful trainwreck as well.

Time will tell.
Feb 2, 2021 10:23 PM
Jun 2019
SadBoiTime said:
Im an anime only and ive enjoyed what everything happened so far. I dont get why the score dropped simply because its going anime original..the show isnt even finished yet! Though i understand your concerns dont get me wrong, it could end up like akame ga kill which sucked.

From what ive heard, the manga gets worse overtime right? The author is working close with the studio and maybe its his choice for the anime to go this route for the better.

ikr? I'm also the anime only but as far as I know, a lot of people said the manga was bad. Now when the anime have an original story, i'm more confuse why they are mad
Feb 2, 2021 11:35 PM
Aug 2016
Feb 2, 2021 11:54 PM
Jan 2018
William03 said:
SadBoiTime said:

ikr? I'm also the anime only but as far as I know, a lot of people said the manga was bad. Now when the anime have an original story, i'm more confuse why they are mad

cause they cut like one of the good arc and character from the anime
Feb 3, 2021 12:02 AM
Jun 2019
CrushBlade said:
William03 said:

cause they cut like one of the good arc and character from the anime

if so, then I have a conclusion that the middle of the manga is still good. Well, I think I will still enjoy it despite of the original story because the story is from the author itself
Feb 3, 2021 5:13 AM
Oct 2020
I am an anime only, but I have to disagree with you here. Episode 1,2 and 3 were fine in my books with pacing issues here and there. Then, episode 4 happened.

So,

1. They completely omitted the fact that they saw help written with blood on the walls of a room. Like who cares we are just gonna pretend that there was a plot point like that. (Also the fact that neither Emma nor ray said anything about that room aka passage way aka plot armour behind the piano is bugging me a little bit. Aren't they geniuses who are artificially breeded to have real good brains(?). But this is a small thing let's let it pass)
2. This episode felt like a SOL episode which isn't inherently a bad thing but the fact this season is only 11 episodes long doesn't make it a wise decision to watch nearly 70% of an episode doing nothing.
3. What was the point of them checking on the daily logs of different mother's of various farms. This culminated into nothing.๐Ÿคท( Maybe this might come into play later. Who knows)
4. Then the complete sequence of the gaurds chasing them specially from the part where one soldier entered the monitor room. The complete chase after that was complete bs. Not to mention the fact that somehow not even one of the bullets from the rifles of the soldiers hit even one of the eyes(?) of the monster/ demon whatever.
5. This is what makes me to worry the most. According to what I have heard, the anime apparently skipped one of the best arcs of the manga so am scared it might turn into Tokyo ghoul 2.0. I still have my hopes up though. Even though not by much.

Side note: why did they bring isabella back? I thought we were homies after the end of season 1. She was proving me right too by saying that u can't catch them they are my children after all. Then she suddenly had that huge turnaround after grandma said something to her. Lemme guess, she told her that Lesley(?) is still alive which will be actually an lie( manga reader feel free to confirm if I am right or not)
Feb 3, 2021 6:55 AM
Jan 2021

You are wrong, it is not that one is angry for not knowing what will happen in fact everything that happened until chapter 4 also happens in the manga at some point or another, the appearance of mom and the assault of the soldiers to the shelter all that happens Only later and in a much better and more exciting way, all they have done now is censor and not only eliminate a character but possibly with him they will take at least 20 more characters between allies and villains and yes I am guided by the opening it seems that the only thing they want is to get to the last saga quickly, possibly the author is only there to guide them and we'll see what happens but this only seems so far a version for the whole family.
Feb 3, 2021 9:59 AM
Jan 2021
SadBoiTime said:

I would not say that it was bad, rather that it became less good just after the arc that they are jumping, if they wanted to change something they only had to make the final arc as good as the previous ones but of all the arches they eliminated the one that was perfect in the manga, not to mention that they probably eliminated around 15 characters.
Feb 3, 2021 3:34 PM
Apr 2020
Progyan said:
I am an anime only, but I have to disagree with you here. Episode 1,2 and 3 were fine in my books with pacing issues here and there. Then, episode 4 happened.

So,

1. They completely omitted the fact that they saw help written with blood on the walls of a room. Like who cares we are just gonna pretend that there was a plot point like that. (Also the fact that neither Emma nor ray said anything about that room aka passage way aka plot armour behind the piano is bugging me a little bit. Aren't they geniuses who are artificially breeded to have real good brains(?). But this is a small thing let's let it pass)
2. This episode felt like a SOL episode which isn't inherently a bad thing but the fact this season is only 11 episodes long doesn't make it a wise decision to watch nearly 70% of an episode doing nothing.
3. What was the point of them checking on the daily logs of different mother's of various farms. This culminated into nothing.๐Ÿคท( Maybe this might come into play later. Who knows)
4. Then the complete sequence of the gaurds chasing them specially from the part where one soldier entered the monitor room. The complete chase after that was complete bs. Not to mention the fact that somehow not even one of the bullets from the rifles of the soldiers hit even one of the eyes(?) of the monster/ demon whatever.
5. This is what makes me to worry the most. According to what I have heard, the anime apparently skipped one of the best arcs of the manga so am scared it might turn into Tokyo ghoul 2.0. I still have my hopes up though. Even though not by much.

Side note: why did they bring isabella back? I thought we were homies after the end of season 1. She was proving me right too by saying that u can't catch them they are my children after all. Then she suddenly had that huge turnaround after grandma said something to her. Lemme guess, she told her that Lesley(?) is still alive which will be actually an lie( manga reader feel free to confirm if I am right or not)

This is a bit of a spoiler but, Isabella is actually shown to be on the kid's sides and I wont say how or why, later on in the manga. Lesley's death was never confirmed or mentioned in the manga after season 1 so your guess may be possible
Feb 3, 2021 5:03 PM

Jan 2018
shaelvn said:
The Manga was very well done before chapter 118. The characters were fantastic and the plot was great. A well liked character (SPOILERS) Yuugo, was entirely skipped and played a big part in the next arc as well as in Ray and Emmas’ character development. What it looks like so far is that the anime will be skipping the “Goldy Pond” arc and Yuugos’ introduction completely, which has made many manga readers upset as the “Goldy Pond” arc was favorited among many of them and it would’ve been nice to see it animated.

I'm very disappointed they removed Goldy Pond arc. I was really hoping to see Yuugo but sadly, no Yuugo, no Goldy Pond. Fvvvvck.
Feb 4, 2021 6:53 PM
Sep 2018
The manga overall wasn't that bad. It was just the final arc that was really rushed and ruined. The mangaka decided to go anime original to fix that.
But they chose to do that by skipping very well written characters and a couple really good arcs and plotpoints, and important character development.
Just not the best handling of the situation
Feb 4, 2021 9:52 PM

Oct 2019
They skipped an entire arc. For me personally, they skipped my favorite arc that i've been anticipating to see animated.
Feb 4, 2021 11:48 PM

Mar 2012
It's also ridiculous that the kids just become instantly dumb. A mysterious phone is ringing and they just go up and answer it? No suspicion, no mind games, nothing? They find the room with "help" written on it and... never talk about it? I feel like season one would have spent a ton of time on how this shelter might just be a trap. Not even anything showing how they mapped out the tunnels and planned an escape route. Nah. Just one kid who happened to know another way out. Especially after they get assaulted. When the soldier says that the shelters usually have two entrances. Indicating they clearly know about not only this shelter, but that there must be others. Obviously something more complex is going on. Instead they just drop it.
Feb 5, 2021 1:14 AM

Nov 2019
SadBoiTime said:

Just imagine wathing something that cut almost all of your favorite characters and one of better story arc. It's not like I can't enyoing something that's diffrent from original source but when I watch it I just have a feeling like when I read low quality fanfiction. If you enjoy anime it's good, people can like what they want but I just feeling bad when someone tells "why manga readers can't just enjoy the anime?" cause I knew a completely different story from what I see and I just can't like it :/
Feb 5, 2021 1:44 AM

Jan 2021
season two is just disappointing since they actually skipped my favorite character. Also my favorite arc. Who wouldn't be mad or upset.
Feb 5, 2021 1:53 AM
May 2019
Man the anime is soo good !! Even if it is not adapting the manga !! Those giving this anime less rating are shitheads ! Afterall the original author I making the story !!

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aoo-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.