Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 30, 2021 3:53 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ouch! Hadlar and the rest of the legion commander, minus Baran, ganged up to Dai and his friends! Ofc its an ambush. I thought before that Dai use his dragon crest with those situations. Its so frustating watched them helpless, especially with Popp and Maam. Hadlar just too powerful. Poor beings. But, nope. Its not necessary. Because two old characters suddenly appeared with their epic come back!

Welcome again, Crocodine. You really immortal, man, ngl.

Then, Hyunckel, lets kick that Hadlar's butt!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 30, 2021 3:59 AM

Feb 2015
KaijuSloth said:
Does anyone actually die in this series? Didn't we see Hyunckel drown in lava? Actually, I don't mind Hyunckel and Crocodine returning. I like them and Crocodine is probably my fav character. We got even more character development for best boy Popp. Good episode.

It wasn't lava, it was a giant pool of tomato sauce :)
Jan 30, 2021 4:11 AM
Nov 2013
I didn't like this ep tbh
Too much plot armor for Maam and Popp and The fact that hyunkel is alive is bullshit (unless they come up with a convincing explanation)
Also weren't the ice and fire towers supposed to negate all the magic? Everyone can now somehow use magic normally
Jan 30, 2021 6:41 AM

Jun 2015
Crocodine!!!!!!!!! I suspected from previous eps he had become a fan of Dai and somehow aid them in there travels but this eps entrance was supreme level ass kicking. Not to mention Hyunckel is alive and kicking still.

p.S Popp deserves a mention, I feel he is awakening his latent powers now he has people to protect and you got to give him creds for that!

To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jan 30, 2021 6:58 AM

Jan 2009
Crocodine and Hyunckel are alive and they are the saviors nice one

but the animation and drawings this week is bad though
Jan 30, 2021 7:03 AM

May 2012
Oussema said:
Too much plot armor for Maam and Popp and The fact that hyunkel is alive is bullshit (unless they come up with a convincing explanation)
Also weren't the ice and fire towers supposed to negate all the magic? Everyone can now somehow use magic normally

Because they are at backside of the towers. Curse field does not cover the whole island, only cover the area between tower and where Flazzard is

Next episode should explain how hyunkel survived

KaijuSloth said:
Does anyone actually die in this series? Didn't we see Hyunckel drown in lava? Actually, I don't mind Hyunckel and Crocodine returning. I like them and Crocodine is probably my fav character. We got even more character development for best boy Popp. Good episode.

Yes villian do die.

thepathJan 30, 2021 7:12 AM
Jan 30, 2021 7:28 AM

Sep 2020
thepath said:
Oussema said:

Because they are at backside of the towers. Curse field does not cover the whole island, only cover the area between tower and where Flazzard is

KaijuSloth said:

Yes villian do die.

Even if you use spoiler tag, my dumb ass will still click on Spoilers, I should stop coming to episode threads lol
Jan 30, 2021 8:37 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the Dark Army launched an ambush on Dai's party that has split up to destroy the Dark Flame and Ice spires by sending Zaboera and Mystevan to fight Dai. Meanwhile, Hadlar makes a surprise appearance in front of Maam and Popp. It looked like all hope was lost until Beast King Crocodine and Hyunkel saved the day and destroyed the spires.
Jan 30, 2021 9:27 AM
Sep 2015
I'm too focus on anticipating Hyunckel's comeback that Beast King's appearance is actually surprised me LOL

Shirtless Hadlar is very sexy!

Mystvearn identity might be another death-defying character.
phantomfandomJan 30, 2021 9:31 AM
Jan 30, 2021 2:05 PM

May 2018
oh hey Hyunckel and Crocodine are back! The dark army's ambush plan did not work out at the end haha
Jan 30, 2021 2:32 PM

Mar 2012
Silverstorm92 said:
SparkleDuck said:
dang, does dai really have so many arcs that it can be equivalent to frieza, cell and buu? if so im ALL IN

Spoiler-free: Sorry if you are a dbz fanboy but I have to say upcoming Dai's arcs are better than dbz in every respect imo lol. Yes, there will be more three major longgggg sagas and some 3 or 4 arcs added in the middle (like Android Arc in Cell Saga), especially the Hyperdemon Saga, it's so longggg and epicccccc. I call the next arc is the turning point because of its ultra huge development in: plot, power, character, world building, drama, romance... All previous eps (team build-up, gathering allies, villains introducing,...) are a set-up to the Destiny Saga (Yeah Its name says everything)!!! That's all I can say now :))
Thanks a lot, that sounds really hype
Jan 30, 2021 2:43 PM

Sep 2013
Ok this is getting pretty good not gonna lie
Deep dark fantasies
Jan 30, 2021 4:21 PM

Apr 2020
HOLY SHIT, WHAT AN EPISODE! It was so tense and everything was so well executed. 17 episodes and this show is already one of my favorites. And Popp is by far my favorite character on this show, I love his development.

I was expecting Hyunckel, but seeing Crocodine was a big surprise.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jan 30, 2021 4:30 PM

Dec 2020
There's two groups of fans of dragonquest : The ones who want Maam/Poppu couple and the ones who want Maam/Hyunckel.
Personally , i think Hyunckel and maam so perfect couple , somehow they remind me of sakura and sasuke
Jan 30, 2021 5:26 PM

Apr 2018
JujutsuKite said:
thepath said:

Yes villian do die.

Even if you use spoiler tag, my dumb ass will still click on Spoilers, I should stop coming to episode threads lol

That's the exact same reason I'm gonna stop coming to the forum once they reach where the original series ended. I don't want the rest of the series spoiled for me. XD
Jan 30, 2021 5:46 PM

Oct 2008
oh god! such a great episode! because of the reinforcements by Crocodine and Hyunkel!!! WOOOOO!!!!
5/5!

Jan 30, 2021 9:51 PM
Dec 2020
thepath said:
Oussema said:

KaijuSloth said:

Yes villian do die.

The way you answered it you made it seem that only villians die..
I don't know if you read the whole manga but if you didn't then sorry to tell you that you are in for an emotional breakdown because
Jan 30, 2021 11:24 PM

Sep 2018
Man those guys spoil too much! Don't do it! Just hype it without spoiler :)
Jan 31, 2021 7:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah Hyunckel is back, really nice episode to be honest
Jan 31, 2021 8:16 AM

Mar 2010
I don't really know how they survived but great seeing someone help em out, shit was hitting the fan and fast.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 2, 2021 8:57 AM
May 2020
What a sensational episode! Loved how crocodine and Hyunckel seemingly came back from the dead to help dai and the others.
Feb 2, 2021 9:03 PM

Mar 2019
Ahhg so much nostalgia for this series, those bad CG moments pop like a sore thumb but i can't help getting excited, can't wait for the later arcs.
Feb 2, 2021 9:08 PM
Dec 2015
Crocodine's entrance was badass! I guess Hyunkel's too but I hate this guy "=)
Feb 3, 2021 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
the old villains appeared great episode was one of the best so far Hyunckel saving maam more I didn't expect Hyunckel to be alive.
Feb 4, 2021 7:37 AM

Dec 2020
the opening with flazzard isn't in the manga !!
was that the first true filler scene on this adaptation ?
Feb 5, 2021 6:28 AM
May 2017
I don't like Maam in here. She was so badass in two prev-episode, but became damsel in distress in here. Oh, yeah, typical anime from shounen manga, it's not shounen if you don't have useless girl/damsel in distress.

OMG! Hyuncle is back! I started to ship Maam with Pop in this episode, but her true knight arrived so fast! Feel bad for you, Pop. Maam's heart is Hyuncles.
Feb 13, 2021 12:44 PM

Jun 2011
Hyunckel joined the battle.
Feb 22, 2021 4:30 PM
Aug 2009
BEST EPISODE SO FAR.

Crocodine <3
Mar 28, 2021 5:15 AM
Jun 2017
THIS EPISODE WAS CRAZYYYYY !!
LET'S GOO POPP, DAI, CROCODINE AND HYUNCKEL !!!
Apr 15, 2021 8:37 AM
Oct 2019
Holy Shit!!!
Seeing Kurokodain back, made me scream lol
I didn't expect that at all...

Hyunckel is back kinda spoiled by the Opening... Not really surprised me at all.

Next Episode Hyunckel vs Hadora is gonna be Epic
Apr 2, 2022 2:17 PM

Jan 2013
I'm going to guess that, since this is such an old anime, Maam will always be a damsel in distress?
Apr 2, 2022 3:29 PM

Dec 2020
Not really, even if it's an old anime, you'll be surprised how modern it is for the 90's

Let's the show surprises you. Early episodes don't show the true potential of the story
Oct 3, 2023 1:11 PM

Mar 2018
Lol I always get confused about the Sizz/Sizzle spells. They animated them to look too much like lightning. My mind knows it's fire, but my eyes are too confused. Not to mention lightning can burn too, so I unconsciously associate the word Sizz to both lightning and fire.

"~and he loved to play the piano!"

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.