Forum Settings
Forums

Second 'Megalo Box' Season Reveals Returning Staff, Cast, Spring 2021 Premiere

New
Jan 27, 2021 6:13 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website of the second season of the Megalo Box television anime revealed on Thursday the main staff, cast, a teaser visual (pictured), and teaser promotional video. Titled Nomad: Megalo Box 2, the second season is scheduled to premiere in April 2021 on Tokyo MX and BS11.

Yoshimasa Hosoya, Shirou Saitou, Hiroki Yasumoto, and Michiyo Murase will reprise their roles from the first season as Joe, Gansaku Nanbu, Yuuri, and Sachio respectively.

You Moriyama is returning as director and concept designer at TMS Entertainment. Other returning staff members include scriptwriters Kensaku Kojima and Katsuhiko Manabe, and music composer mabanua.

Ayumi Kurashima (Devilman: Crybaby) is replacing Hiroshi Shimizu (Michiko to Hatchin) as the character designer. Naomi Kaneda (Bungou Stray Dogs: Dead Apple main animator) is joining the staff as the sub-character designer.

Megalo Box was produced for the Ashita no Joe 50th anniversary commemoration project in Spring 2018.

Teaser PV

Official site: https://megalobox.com/
Official Twitter: @joe50_megalobox

Source: animate Times
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 27, 2021 6:20 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Hell Yes!!! I can't wait to see what "Nomad" has to offer. It seems like this will take place a few years after Joe's win over Yuri
Jan 27, 2021 6:42 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
First season was pretty damn good so I'm hyped for this one.
Jan 27, 2021 8:39 PM

Oct 2017
Lol so a big timeskip eh, Joe looks old.
Jan 27, 2021 9:24 PM
Oct 2019
Omg I'm so excited for this! I loved the first season! This spring is gonna be lit šŸ˜
Jan 27, 2021 9:29 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Excited for this one. Really enjoyed the first one, I'm just wary about how they'll continue this, as the first season wrapped up fairly nicely. It looks like Joe ends up back in the underground ring. Hopefully it doesn't feel forced or poorly written.
Jan 28, 2021 9:53 AM

Aug 2016
Wish those great visuals were invested in a much more interesting story.
:v
Jan 28, 2021 12:30 PM
Jan 2020
I'm psyched for this update!! What's below is some of my thoughts on the first Megalobox

After being scorn by Neill Blomkamp's Elysium and Chappie, as well as the boredom I have with the second half of Hajime No Ippo(the anime), Megalobox was and still is a refreshment, a reminder of why I bother with anime to begin with, not only great animation, but a stylish world design that looks even more enticing in this upcoming installment.

Since some people in this comment section like to do destructive criticism on the original show, I'll give some constructive appraisal for those who never watched it. It didn't try to be as drawn out as most anime, in just 13 episodes, it told a story and ended it. It redesigned boxing, everyone wears Exosuits when they box, so it's no longer just a test of skill, and skill may have gone extinct if not for what Joe does in the plot. Exosuits are such a cool idea because now weight classes no longer have a purpose, everyone carries the power of heavyweights, despite weight... so a 146 lb fighter may have more of an advantage than a 260 lb fighter.

Joe isn't as interesting as Tomorrow's Joe, but he's still not a whiner, and when most Shonen anime writers have their main character talk or think about having more courage, Joe shows it. He has it, as well as mistakes him and others are trying to fix.

These thoughts are mostly from a boxing fan, I love the world of Megalobox, and the characters. It's all a refreshment and a great visual companion piece to the South African film District 9.
Jan 28, 2021 1:06 PM

Sep 2011
I feel like doing this as after a time-skip is a really good idea. I usually don't like time-skips (except rare cases), but considering how the first season ended, this just makes sense. Also I'm loving Bearded Joe.

Icecubesundays said:
I'm psyched for this update!! What's below is some of my thoughts on the first Megalobox

After being scorn by Neill Blomkamp's Elysium and Chappie, as well as the boredom I have with the second half of Hajime No Ippo(the anime), Megalobox was and still is a refreshment, a reminder of why I bother with anime to begin with, not only great animation, but a stylish world design that looks even more enticing in this upcoming installment.

Since some people in this comment section like to do destructive criticism on the original show, I'll give some constructive appraisal for those who never watched it. It didn't try to be as drawn out as most anime, in just 13 episodes, it told a story and ended it. It redesigned boxing, everyone wears Exosuits when they box, so it's no longer just a test of skill, and skill may have gone extinct if not for what Joe does in the plot. Exosuits are such a cool idea because now weight classes no longer have a purpose, everyone carries the power of heavyweights, despite weight... so a 146 lb fighter may have more of an advantage than a 260 lb fighter.

Joe isn't as interesting as Tomorrow's Joe, but he's still not a whiner, and when most Shonen anime writers have their main character talk or think about having more courage, Joe shows it. He has it, as well as mistakes him and others are trying to fix.

These thoughts are mostly from a boxing fan, I love the world of Megalobox, and the characters. It's all a refreshment and a great visual companion piece to the South African film District 9.

Very good thoughts. Never thought about comparing it to District 9, but I can totally see it now.

"They escaped the weight of darkness,
to forge a path into the marrow of the spirit.
They chose to drown in a deeper vacancy,
an emptiness that quells the null,
a pool for the forgotten..."
Jan 28, 2021 6:01 PM

May 2015
So they're still doing the blurry thing huh? I know why they're doing that but it still looks awful.
Jan 28, 2021 7:11 PM

Mar 2015
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FINALLY SOME GOOD STUFF
Jan 29, 2021 3:06 PM

Aug 2008
Thank God that crap studio Xebec IG Port is not doing this sequel.
Feb 3, 2021 10:04 PM
Nov 2013
Worse Ashita no Joe.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
4 minutes ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
7 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 59 minutes ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
29 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
3 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.