Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 24, 2021 10:36 PM

Jan 2021
Should drop steins gate? I watched the first episode and I didn't like that it had weird animation and im not a big fan of scifi but iwant to see why people like it so much.
Luffy is a little overated.
Jan 24, 2021 11:11 PM
Sep 2017
Tbh it is not one of my favorite since I prefer isekai and shounen and action related anime and I even dropped steins gate twice however after forcing my self to watch the first 12 to 13 episodes it started to get a little more interesting however having to watch 12 episodes to get to becoming a little intresting might not be worth it to you
Jan 24, 2021 11:19 PM
Dec 2020
You have trash taste be a Man I watched through the entire of boku no pico I had to suffer more pain
Jan 24, 2021 11:38 PM
Jan 2019
Yeah, you should drop it.
Jan 25, 2021 12:49 AM

May 2016
I took a look on your list, and I say drop it. It's not your cup of tee.

Weird animation? Steins;Gate has a really good animation with amazing camera angles.
-
Jan 25, 2021 12:51 AM

Jun 2020
I'd say drop based on your preferences
Jan 25, 2021 1:25 AM
Jul 2020
Well if you dont like the animation, your not a big fan of sci-fi, so yeah i highly recommend you dropping it.

It's mostly talk, less action, if you wanna know why we love it force yourself to watch it.
Jan 25, 2021 2:27 AM
Jan 2021
Well if you don't like the scifi aspect I can Understand that. Personally I'm not too big into that aspect of animes either, but it had such a good story I loved 95% of it. I don't wanna spoil anything for you if you do decide to continue, but there are many levels to it you can only appreciate once it's completed. Also the romance part of it warms my soul
Jan 25, 2021 2:43 AM
Jan 2021
it depends if you like the time travel genre but if you do you should definitely consider continuing. Yes it has a slow start but give it a chance it will get better if youre all about time travel this anime is your go to imo
Jan 25, 2021 3:34 AM
Nov 2018
Cudlyyy said:
Should drop steins gate? I watched the first episode and I didn't like that it had weird animation and im not a big fan of scifi but iwant to see why people like it so much.
It's a bit slow at the beginning but trust me it is worth it
Jan 25, 2021 5:22 AM
Jan 2020
Sometimes preferences doesn't matter like with fma brotherhood, the first half of steins gate is boring but they more than make up for it in the end
Jan 25, 2021 7:10 AM

Jan 2021
Thank you everyone for the replies I am dropping steins gate I don't like it.
Luffy is a little overated.
Jan 25, 2021 8:39 AM
I like water

Feb 2020
I should tell you to do what you want, but I'm going to tell you to wait. You should watch until chapter 11 or 12, if you still don't like anime you can drop. From these chapters is when the story gets very good.

Edit: Ignore the above, do what you want :3
ANormalUserJan 25, 2021 11:23 AM
Jan 25, 2021 8:53 AM
Nov 2020
Cudlyyy said:

I dropped Steins Gate too after the 1st episode. The Main Character has to be one of the biggest retards I've ever seen. And it's the kind of annoying retard, not the funny type.
Jan 25, 2021 11:03 AM

May 2016
ANormalUser said:
I should tell you to do what you want, but I'm going to tell you to wait. You should watch until chapter 11 or 12, if you still don't like anime you can quit. From these chapters is when the story gets very good.

Edit: Ignore the above, do what you want :3

It's already good from Episode 1.
-
Jan 25, 2021 11:17 AM
Jan 2021
It’s really good. Some people don’t like episodes 1-11 that much. I was hooked from the 4th episode. The MC is a little cringe at the start, but through the boring first few episodes, Steins;Gate became my favorite anime ever. I’m not that into Sci-Fi either, my favorite genre is Romance / SOL. But it’s worth it
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Jan 25, 2021 12:14 PM
Jul 2020
Cudlyyy said:
just watch it. It is great it is very confusing in the start but everything falls in place later just continue watching it. Dropping it will be a big mistake
Jan 25, 2021 2:03 PM
Feb 2019
Why don't you simply give Steins;Gate a try before quitting? it has a slow start but it gets much better later on, after I finished this anime it became my favorite anime of all time.

I'm a big fan of Sci-fi and Time Travel though so this type of anime was already my cup of tea but still, give it a try, this anime is in the top 3 for a reason.
Jan 25, 2021 2:21 PM
Jun 2020
Honestly, I found the first few episodes confusing (and a little boring). But I kept watching cause I was curious to see how it'll all piece together in the end. Long story short, Steins Gate is currently one of my favorite animes.
My advice; If your problem is with the genre, then you really should drop it, cause it's only going to get more Sci-fi-ey. But if your problem is with the first few episodes, then I recommend you continue cause it does get better.
Jan 25, 2021 3:04 PM
Nov 2018
You’ll be missing out on the greatest anime of all time.
Jan 25, 2021 9:29 PM
Feb 2019
I would say come back to it or you could force watch it to episode 12 or 13
Jan 25, 2021 9:31 PM

Jan 2020
I would recommend you to keep watching. Steins;gate might appear to be slow for the first half but it doesn't fully get "good" (as in the 9.12 rating) until the second half where the massive payoff really hits.

Jan 25, 2021 9:33 PM
Jan 2021
Cudlyyy said:
I thoughtj the same thing the first time I watched it, it starts kind of slow because of how long they take on world building but I promise when the story gets going more it’s worth it
Jan 26, 2021 2:24 AM

May 2016
yoursaine said:
I haven't watched it, but you should pick it back up eventually. Most people agree the start is slow, but it is highly praised for its 2nd half, not its 1st.

The 2nd half is good because of the 1st half actually.
-
Jan 27, 2021 12:03 PM
Feb 2019
Only watch the first season, could be ejoyable.
But please, don't watch 0, I beg you
Jan 27, 2021 12:10 PM

Sep 2020
the first 10 episodes are boring af, but then it gets WAY better midway to end. Just grind your way through the early episodes and enjoy the actual show later on. TBH Steins Gate is overrated, but u can watch it just for the information

[Violet X Amy]

[VioletteloiV X squished_lemon]

Jan 27, 2021 12:14 PM

Sep 2020
I didn't like the beginning either, I only started liking it around ep 6, It's not because it suddenly got interesting or anything, that's just how long it took for me to warm up to the series.
Jan 27, 2021 12:23 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Just watched one or a few of the first episodes and didn't like it? Yeah drop it if you're not interested. It's a 50/50 chance that what follows will actually captivate you, might as well save some time and drop it if you're unsure. Sure some stuff goes down later, but personally I can't really back up the possibility that it will be enough to redeem your initial poor impressions. Go for the drop.

But if you were like over halfway through, I'd say definitely finish it if you already made it that far

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 28, 2021 3:21 AM

Nov 2019
This series is not a 1-3 episode rule kind of series. If you go in expecting to be wowed off the rip you are going to be dissapointed. If you watch all of it then it really shouldn't matter what your preferences are given that is so popular and highly rated. It doesn't feel weighed down into a niche by its genre.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
Jan 29, 2021 9:41 PM

Jan 2016
I thought the same for like the first few eps and then it became one of my favorites.
Jan 29, 2021 9:50 PM

Jul 2020
Keep watching yes it is dialogue heavy for the first 12 episodes but it picks up after that and to me at least it is worth the wait.
Jan 30, 2021 9:37 PM

Aug 2020
If you're not into sci-fi, then don't watch it. Idk I found the first 10 episodes boring, which is weird because I'm actually into slice of life anime. I like the Monogatari series (which people find out boring, but I think I liked it bc it was a romance harem anime, lol), but there's just something that does not stand out to me. I just find some characters to be annoying, and sometimes it's cringe.

Spoiler: Okabe from the future pranked Okabe from the past, lmao. (last episode)
Jan 30, 2021 9:42 PM

Apr 2020
i think after ep 12 is where most people woudl think it hits a good turning point.

i personally love steins;gate soooo i think u shuld stick around
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2021 9:50 PM

Dec 2020
It gets really good.

People with boobs > people with no boobs.

My lemons > ur lemons
Please just send to profile ^^
Feb 2, 2021 3:36 PM
Jun 2020
Cudlyyy said:

I really think you should watch it and not drop it I mean the first 12 episodes are little bit boring BUT after that it goes so freakin good I love it for me its a 10/10 but if you dont like dark,scifi anime I would not really recommend it
Feb 2, 2021 5:15 PM
Nov 2020
If it's not your things, just drop it. But if you wanna know why people really love it, force yourself. This has less action, a slow build up. Slow build up not in a bad way, it represent a process and learn about many concequences. It's start getting hard from eps 9
Feb 2, 2021 5:23 PM
Dec 2017
It kicks off later on once you reach after episode 10.

Feb 2, 2021 5:24 PM

Jul 2020
Continue on watching it. It gets REALLY good once you get to the halfway point of it.

It's hard to win an argument against smart people, but impossible to win an argument against dumb ones.
Feb 2, 2021 5:32 PM
Jul 2015
Cudlyyy said:

I would say it gets more interesting after episode 6.
The thing about Steins;Gate is that you have to go through all these a bit boring slice-of-life episodes to really appreciate how the story unfolds.
Maybe to encourage you, episode 1 is probably the most important one, but you need to watch ep. 23 to understand why.
Feb 7, 2021 2:28 AM

Dec 2020
drop it like it's hot
Feb 8, 2021 6:39 AM

Aug 2020
Zone1st said:
Tbh it is not one of my favorite since I prefer isekai and shounen and action related anime and I even dropped steins gate twice however after forcing my self to watch the first 12 to 13 episodes it started to get a little more interesting however having to watch 12 episodes to get to becoming a little intresting might not be worth it to you

I completely agree with you. Although I like S;G, the story is very slow at times, and there's a gap between 5 episodes where nothing really happens. But overall it's a uncanny and thought-provoking show.

But, of course, people have different opinions, so it might not be OP's cup of tea. And that's not a problem.

Feb 8, 2021 7:21 AM

May 2016
owokitsu said:
Zone1st said:

I completely agree with you. Although I like S;G, the story is very slow at times, and there's a gap between 5 episodes where nothing really happens. But overall it's a uncanny and thought-provoking show.

But, of course, people have different opinions, so it might not be OP's cup of tea. And that's not a problem.

I don't know what gap are you talking about when nothing happens... Steins;Gate has no fillers at all. Every scene had its purpose, if you rewatch the anime after you already know how it ends, you can realize many things on the rewatch.
-
Feb 9, 2021 4:26 PM

Aug 2020
Drop it bro if you think the first half is boring then you're not going to enjoy the second half. Only "elitists" or morons who are atheists and don't know what they talk about only think it's this second coming of Christ. If you're looking for entertainment then don't watch it because it has no entertainment to offer.
Feb 9, 2021 11:08 PM

Jan 2017
SheevPalpatine said:
I took a look on your list, and I say drop it. It's not your cup of tee.

Weird animation? Steins;Gate has a really good animation with amazing camera angles.

nah white fox didnt do very well on the animation tbh, plus they messed up the character designs I loved in th vn. I do admit it has some good angles though
you're cool
Feb 9, 2021 11:13 PM

Jan 2017
filthyfrank8142 said:
Drop it bro if you think the first half is boring then you're not going to enjoy the second half. Only "elitists" or morons who are atheists and don't know what they talk about only think it's this second coming of Christ. If you're looking for entertainment then don't watch it because it has no entertainment to offer.

The story is really bad anyway it relies only on twists (twists do not make any story good imo) that you see coming from a mile away. This is not a well thought out story its too simplistic which would be fine if the characters were enjoyable. Ha but they arent, the most annoying cast of characters ive ever seen that I can only see a middle schooler or incel liking. It does have some decent parts though so I give it that and it was a rather fun watch despite everything I dislike, but its a bad show.
you're cool
Feb 10, 2021 7:35 AM

Aug 2020
SparkingVolt said:
filthyfrank8142 said:

The story is really bad anyway it relies only on twists (twists do not make any story good imo) that you see coming from a mile away. This is not a well thought out story its too simplistic which would be fine if the characters were enjoyable. Ha but they arent, the most annoying cast of characters ive ever seen that I can only see a middle schooler or incel liking. It does have some decent parts though so I give it that and it was a rather fun watch despite everything I dislike, but its a bad show.

I don't think the story is bad but yes there are some characters that I did find annoying tbh. But I just think the show is too overrated tbh. I saw all the 10/10s on this website and they all put enjoyment as a 10/10 like the overall enjoyment for me was like a 4/10. The character was a 7/10. The animation looked weird tbh idk how to describe it but everything looks white so that's at most a 7/10. The soundtrack is ok I would give it a 8/10. The story was a 9/10. But the show overall was like a 6/10 tbh.
Feb 16, 2021 10:23 AM
Apr 2016
Dixoncider8142 said:
SparkingVolt said:

I don't think the story is bad but yes there are some characters that I did find annoying tbh. But I just think the show is too overrated tbh. I saw all the 10/10s on this website and they all put enjoyment as a 10/10 like the overall enjoyment for me was like a 4/10. The character was a 7/10. The animation looked weird tbh idk how to describe it but everything looks white so that's at most a 7/10. The soundtrack is ok I would give it a 8/10. The story was a 9/10. But the show overall was like a 6/10 tbh.
Dixoncider8142 said:
SparkingVolt said:

You can say whatever you want, you can like the anime or not, but technically, in terms of quality, realisation, scenario, music, acting, it s a masterpiece that deserves 10/10. The animation is absolutely brilliant, even if you find it weird, it evolves throughought the anime to fit the mood and the atmosphere.

I would only put 9/10 considering some female characters are annoying and useless. But you can t put less.
Feb 16, 2021 10:25 AM

Jul 2020
Well you just said you're not into sci fi so you'll definitely not like it.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Yesterday, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.