Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2021 7:50 AM

Jan 2009
Krugerman said:

deg said:
the War Hammer Titan and Attack Titan are in 3DCG and same with ODM gear battles they are in 3DCG but its impressive 3DCG

RIP friends of Gabi and Falco

Eren located the remote operator of the War Hammer Titan there

Levi being badass with the entrance there in the end though

i guess there will be no super animators this season then the battles will be all 3DCG and im fine with that

Bro props to u for predicting Cg odm, honestly I was expecting 2D but 3DMG was actually rly good especially the camera angles

yep the camera circus work is the main appeal of 3DCG in anime imo like look at my favorite 3DCG anime movie Promare

Oct 2020
I will admit the CGI Titans could have been better. I don't know what it is but the dynamics of ep1 fight were better. I wanna say there wasn't much movement for a fight. CGI ODM scenes were impressive though. Everything else was pretty much great. Can't wait to watch it with better quality.
Aug 2016
Arin-san said:
I don’t know if I should be disappointed or happy. One thing I learned, the anime will never reach the manga’s quality, at least not for me, I don’t care what your standards are.

What happened to Attack Titan’s roar? It sounds so weird. Last episode it sounded fine but now it’s softer and weird. So many off-model drawings. God, what happened to Jean? The only good soundtrack choice was at Mikasa’s entry. They used some weird soundtrack during Warhammer and Attack Titan’s fight.

As expected, CG was a terrible choice for Attack Titan, it looks bad, really bad. (This is my opinion, I don’t give a shit if you think it looks good). The moment when you can't ignore those janky CGI movements of titans, I hate it. Yes I said it, I hate the CG, now watch as 10 MAPPA fanboys come after me. AoT that I once knew is gone and it’s not coming ever again.
CGI for characters? WHAT THE FUCK MAPPA? Just what the hell are you doing? This is my endpoint, I tried to stay positive, but it's not possible. Now I know what that Chinese director meant when he said "Keep your expectations low for the next episode" This is Attack on Titan, I don't want to keep my expectations low because I'm not used to keeping my expectations low. Season should've been delayed, Wit should've never dropped AoT. My day is disappointed and my immeasurable is ruined.

Fanboys overhyped this episode for me and now I’m mad disappointed. I’m not even nitpicking at this point, these are visible criticism and you can’t expect me to ignore it for shit. This episode made me realize why reading the manga all the way through was a good choice.

It’s still a 5/5 episode because like I said, compared to AoT standards, it’s a very bad. But it’s still a great anime, if you choose to ignore the past few great seasons.

But hey... at least Mikasa looks good.. right?

I agree with what you said. Also, Mankasa looks perfect! <3
Jan 17, 2021 7:51 AM
Mar 2020
A lot of cgi and edgelords are gonna complaint and prob harass the director again but IMO it was a 10/10 yes there’s too much cgi but what do you expect? It’s a studio change and they are working on a trash schedule because of the committee which is just sad. Overall the cgi, music, actually content was a 10/10. Ofc it isn’t better than the 2D but it isn’t bad guy pls just understand them too smh
Nov 2020
This ep was good ig? Idk the Cg ODM was surprisingly good and didn't rly feel jarring, the WHT CG, however, was just average, it felt weightless and not scary at all but eh the fight was shorter than I expected, Eren's tian was slightly better than Warhammer but Armoured and Jaws are much better. I'm open to new Cg style but I certainly miss 2D sakuga but what can I say?
Dec 2020
Madlaad said:
Harsha1314 said:
I kinda didn't like this ep ngl

šŸ„“ Told ya. It was nowhere near the level of wit.
At least the camera angles and ODM scenes looked very cool........
Not a fan of the cgi designs for AT and WHT
Jan 2021
I'm just here to see people cry, keep it up!
Jan 17, 2021 7:52 AM
Jun 2016
Madlaad said:
5/10 if you go with cgi you have to make it good. This was the on pars with beserk 2016.

I didn't like the CGI used, but c'mon, the only thing comparable to Breserk 2016 is this season's Ex-Arm.
Jan 17, 2021 7:52 AM
Apr 2020
Another well executed episode! This episode felt like 10 minutes.
Mikasa 1v1d the War Hammer Titan!
Levi cut the Jaw Titan!
If you're a titan, beware of the Ackermans! lol
The Devils of Paradis are here! Sasha, Connie and Jean! Why Floch looks annoying? lol

Goosebumps!

Jan 17, 2021 7:54 AM
Jan 2021
Episode was good. Eren is on drugs xD.
Good that they included the will part
Jul 2018
Had this been any other anime, MAPPA would have been ridiculed to hell. At this point in time, Shingeki no Kyojin's amazing storyline is carrying it through and the blind fanbase keeps rating the trainwreck 10/10 every week.

Jul 2012
One word. Disappointing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 2020
This adaptation is a failure for me . Guess I'll just stick with the manga .

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Jan 17, 2021 7:56 AM

Apr 2013
tirthasg said:
Also, notice how they saved on animation by blackening out the Survey Corps moving around in their 3DMG gear under the pretext of it being night time.
so you want them to lit characters during night scenes when there is no surrounding light?

May 2018
Okay so in short , if you thought the CG in EP1 was decent/good , the CG in this episode won't disappoint you.
They used that "leaked OST" everyone was talking about. Pretty cool I guess. Attack Titan vs the Warhammer Titan was decent , and the titans looked good for CG standards.
Edit - Just re watched the EP and noticed the CG on Survey Corps during OPM scenes. That looked.... weird.
The characters looked good. They ended the Ep on a good point , when Levi makes his appearance.
Now , Beast Titan looked a lot more shitty than in ep1 in the EP 66 preview , so that's a concerning. Other than that the preview looked good and hype as fuck.
7/10 CG in a few parts falls off but other than that good EP. I am scared for the next EP tho.
DomineLkiraJan 17, 2021 8:17 AM

Jul 2019
Shadzzo said:
One word. Disappointing
At least they tried with CGI

shingojira-chan said:
You might be better off lol. The manga had better action for me, but talking scenes are fine here.
Jan 17, 2021 7:57 AM

Feb 2019
Yeah too much cgi... I tried to overlook it but it's just too jarring for me. Still a good episode given the time the staff got. I miss wit tho.
Jan 17, 2021 7:58 AM
Nov 2020

DomineLkira said:
Okay so in short , if you thought the CG in EP1 was decent/good , the CG in this episode won't disappoint you.
They used that "leaked OST" everyone was talking about. Pretty cool I guess. Attack Titan vs the Warhammer Titan was decent , and the titans looked good for CG standards. The characters looked good. They ended the Ep on a good point , when Levi makes his appearance.
Now , Beast Titan looked a lot more shitty than in ep1 in the EP 66 preview , so that's a concerning. Other than that the preview looked good and hype as fuck.
9/10 CG in a few parts falls off but other than that solid EP. I am scared for the next EP tho.

Exactly I agree with what u said but I can't believe this was Warhammer's only screentime and they could've done much better, eh still 8/10 for me tho
Jan 17, 2021 7:58 AM

Jul 2012
NextUniverse said:
Shadzzo said:
One word. Disappointing

shingojira-chan said:
You might be better off lol. The manga had better action for me, but talking scenes are fine here.

Im planning to just watch the talking - non battle scenes from now. I will skip the action scenes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2021 7:59 AM

May 2018
tirthasg said:
Had this been any other anime, MAPPA would have been ridiculed to hell. At this point in time, Shingeki no Kyojin's amazing storyline is carrying it through and the blind fanbase keeps rating the trainwreck 10/10 every week.

No they wouldn't be. The CG use is already better than 99% of anime. The anime is only hated so much by some people BECAUSE it is attack on titan.
Jan 17, 2021 8:00 AM
Apr 2019
Whatever I liked it,
Though I'm concerned how Corona will affect new episodes. Anyways, 5/5 episode
Jan 17, 2021 8:00 AM

May 2020
NextUniverse said:
Shadzzo said:
One word. Disappointing

shingojira-chan said:
I can agree on the talking scenes . They were pretty good . Mappa shouldn't have handled so much anime in a single year . #MappaPrefersJJk

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Jan 17, 2021 8:01 AM

Mar 2018
An okay episode. As a manga reader gonna talk about the technical stuff mostly.
1. The episode direction in this episode had no problems. It delivered the emotions conveyed in the manga as is. No complaints there.
2. The gamma level in these past two episodes have been really high(really dark grays) so details in the shadows are lost, for eg. the explosive thrown in through the window wasn't visible.
3. The CGI titans look plain bad. Both the art and animation are at odds with the 2D parts of the episode. The good CGI we saw in the 1st episode for this season is missing here. Even the Scouts were in 3D. A big disappointment in this department.
4. The 2D animation isn't all that great either. High speed shots either don't show the scouts or show them in 3D. Other times they are shown in close ups where there is less need of animation.
5. The OST used in this episode was fine. While it somewhat fit the fight scene between Attack Titan and Warhammer Titan, it also drowned out the dialogue portion during the fight. The OST music itself was nothing special. There was a lack of synergy between the music and the visuals.
Jan 17, 2021 8:02 AM
Jul 2018
Sourire said:
tirthasg said:
Also, notice how they saved on animation by blackening out the Survey Corps moving around in their 3DMG gear under the pretext of it being night time.
so you want them to lit characters during night scenes when there is no surrounding light?

Are you being sarcastic or is this a genuine question? If so then I take a moment to check out the manga panels. Isayama-san didn't dark them out just because it's a night scene. This is ridiculous! You're supposed to see the faces of the characters to a certain degree or else it's no different from a silhouette.
Also, we had numerous night scenes in the past seasons and the faces were clear as day. Utgard castle is one that came to my mind right now. Let's be real here. MAPPA failed to deliver.
Jan 17, 2021 8:04 AM

Sep 2018
Everybody talking about the episode when they're watching it in 480P, at least wait for the 1080P version
I keep moving forward
Nov 2020
shingojira-chan said:
NextUniverse said:

I can agree on the talking scenes . They were pretty good . Mappa shouldn't have handled so much anime in a single year . #MappaPrefersJJk

Saying mappa prefers JJK is just so fucking dumb, lmao

Jan 2018
Even with my expectations at the lowest it was still disappointing. I feel bad for the staff, if they had a good schedule it could have been great, probably.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jan 17, 2021 8:05 AM

Nov 2016
It was a decent episode, but definitely nothing special by this series standards. Then again, it wasn't anything special in the manga either and I wasn't expecting much anyway.

Arin-san said:

Fanboys overhyped this episode for me and now I’m mad disappointed. I’m not even nitpicking at this point, these are But hey... at least Mikasa looks good.. right?

Mikasa looked fine overall, guess you're just too low T. Also lol @ blaming others for your disappointment. Sure people hyped this up as always, but they do this for pretty much every episode, this fandom is all about hype, reasonable or not. So I'd say it's your problem for being so gullible.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 17, 2021 8:06 AM

May 2020
yuilyjaegar7 said:
shingojira-chan said:

Why is it dumb ? JJK's animation is so much better and superior compared to this . Thats the truth mate . They shouldn't have handled so much anime in the first place .

Jan 17, 2021 8:06 AM

Oct 2016
Wait people really think the WHT looked bad this episode? I thought the WHT looked great for the most part. And if I remember correctly the scouts have been cg many times in the past when using odm gear. Even so I found the cg on the scouts hard to notice at most times. Only complaints I have with the episode is the AT cg could have been better and the soundtrack is still lacking. I've gotten used to the cgi Titans already so it's whatever, but one thing Mappa really needs to work on going forward are those osts. If they can at least get their ost choices and placement close to or at the level of Wit, it will really elevate this season. Imo this is more important than the cgi titans.
Jan 17, 2021 8:07 AM

Nov 2016
MappaPrefersJJK said:
Even with my expectations at the lowest it was still disappointing. I feel bad for the staff, if they had a good schedule it could have been great, probably.

Hope episode 15 of Jujutsu Kaisen can make up for this bro ā¤

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 2020
I thought that the cgi will be like the first episode but man am just so disappointed.
For me i don't mind the cgi but
I guess i was hoping for much
Jul 2016
What’s wrong with the people complaining CGI here? It just looks like Ep 1 CGI which is decent-good. Although to my surprise, few survey corps scenes are also cgi, i can agree that 2d might look better at that aspect but they only lasted few seconds so no big problem.

Can we appreciate the first person POV of survey corp, that was beautiful and Willy talk with Magath is indeed getting re-arranged to this episode which pleased me a lot. Overall i’m pretty happy with the adaptation for this episode and that cliffhanger is just harsh

Jul 2017
All these CG comments tho. I didn't expect this much lol

Rewatching this in higher quality, these complaints are warranted tho. There's plenty right with this ep, but at the same time, the issues behind this production are really highlighted. Real shame tbh.
AttackonfillerJan 17, 2021 5:34 PM

Jan 17, 2021 8:08 AM

Oct 2016
shingojira-chan said:
yuilyjaegar7 said:

Why is it dumb ? JJK's animation is so much better and superior compared to this . Thats the truth mate .

Yeah but you need to take into account that JJK is less demanding to animate and it had a way better schedule.
Dec 2020
Alpha_Druid said:
An okay episode. As a manga reader gonna talk about the technical stuff mostly.
1. The episode direction in this episode had no problems. It delivered the emotions conveyed in the manga as is. No complaints there.
2. The gamma level in these past two episodes have been really high(really dark grays) so details in the shadows are lost, for eg. the explosive thrown in through the window wasn't visible.
3. The CGI titans look plain bad. Both the art and animation are at odds with the 2D parts of the episode. The good CGI we saw in the 1st episode for this season is missing here. Even the Scouts were in 3D. A big disappointment in this department.
4. The 2D animation isn't all that great either. High speed shots either don't show the scouts or show them in 3D. Other times they are shown in close ups where there is less need of animation.
5. The OST used in this episode was fine. While it somewhat fit the fight scene between Attack Titan and Warhammer Titan, it also drowned out the dialogue portion during the fight. The OST music itself was nothing special. There was a lack of synergy between the music and the visuals.
Guess Imma stick with the manga.............

May 2020
tirthasg said:

"the blind fanbase" Not everybody has to agree with you. The flaws you see may not be that big of a deal for the majority of the fan base. Let the people enjoy the show.
Jul 2018
DomineLkira said:
tirthasg said:

No they wouldn't be. The CG use is already better than 99% of anime. The anime is only hated so much by some people BECAUSE it is attack on titan.

Are you kidding me? Is there no scope of genuine criticism?
You haven't watched enough anime with decent CGI! The CGI here is no way better than 99% of the anime unless your sample space is just a bunch of poorly made animes from the past.
Jan 17, 2021 8:09 AM

Aug 2019
Another really enjoyable episode.

I figured they would go back to Tybur's conversation with Magath at the start of the episode to clear up a a few questions from the previous episode. Nice transition to Willy's last moment, which was an anime original scene.

Liked Eren's design. Loved the Warhammer design and animation for the most part. The voice was another nice touch because I couldn't imagine what the Warhammer would sound like at all in the manga. Miss Tybur is waifu material in this adaptation.

Mikasa's entrance was superbly done. OST right on point and the best part of the episode in my opinion. I wish they'd re-use more of Sawano because whilst Kohta's OST are pretty good, they just aren't all that memorable.

Was a little disappointed in the overuse of the CGI with some of the characters, but it didn't really detract from my immersion in the moment. Sasha, Connie and Jean all looked really good.

I'm pretty sure Floch had more of a horse-face in the manga but I could be mistaken. His face looked a little chubby to me.

The animation and art out-with the titan battles were all fantastic, and I loved the touch with Gabi gritting her teeth ala Eren in S1 when she picked up the gun.

Levi looks absolutely perfect in this adaptation. The 3DCGI took a bit of getting used to but it's still well done.

All in all, a very good episode with some great action. 9/10.

xenosysJan 17, 2021 8:12 AM
Jan 17, 2021 8:09 AM

Jun 2020
FMmatron said:
Mikasa looked fine overall, guess you're just too low T. Also lol @ blaming others for your disappointment. Sure people hyped this up as always, but they do this for pretty much every episode, this fandom is all about hype, reasonable or not. So I'd say it's your problem for being so gullible.

No, no matter how much I keep my expectations low, I get disappointed. I'm not gullible at all, it's just that how MAPPA badly failed at even living up to the 1% of hype I had for this season. Now, I pretty much don't care. I'm done with the anime, I'm still gonna watch it, but now I'm joining the manga readers, that is the only way to cope up with this quality. At least I'm not going as far as harassing staff.

I said keep your hands on the table
Jan 17, 2021 8:10 AM
May 2017
Thank god I read the manga,please everyone read the manga atleast after watching each ep,
Althought I kept my expectations to the lowest it was simply a production disaster, nearly full cg ep, I can't stand how the things move and look and yeah scouts were cg on alot of scenes sigh, I wish this season won't have any action.
Jan 17, 2021 8:11 AM

Jan 2018
FMmatron said:
MappaPrefersJJK said:

Hope episode 15 of Jujutsu Kaisen can make up for this bro ā¤

It will, JJK never disappoints
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jan 17, 2021 8:11 AM

May 2020
WillofFire700 said:
Wait people really think the WHT looked bad this episode? I thought the WHT looked great for the most part. And if I remember correctly the scouts have been cg many times in the past when using odm gear. Even so I found the cg on the scouts hard to notice at most times. Only complaints I have with the episode is the AT cg could have been better and the soundtrack is still lacking. I've gotten used to the cgi Titans already so it's whatever, but one thing Mappa really needs to work on going forward are those osts. If they can at least get their ost choices and placement close to or at the level of Wit, it will really elevate this season. Imo this is more important than the cgi titans.

Yea I agree the OST placements and choices have been questionable this season. It really bothered me and I'm not the type of guy to nitpick about sounds
Jan 17, 2021 8:12 AM

May 2020
WillofFire700 said:
shingojira-chan said:

Why is it dumb ? JJK's animation is so much better and superior compared to this . Thats the truth mate .

Yeah but you need to take into account that JJK is less demanding to animate and it had a way better schedule.

I know that . Even with a bad schedule WIT was able to impress a casual like me . AOT shouldn't have aired this year . Mappa could be much better if they had more time .

Jan 17, 2021 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
Ruz69 said:
tirthasg said:

"the blind fanbase" Not everybody has to agree with you. The flaws you see may not be that big of a deal for the majority of the fan base. Let the people enjoy the show.

Who stopped you from enjoying it? And I don't even expect you or anyone to agree with my opinion. But I still reserve the right to put forward my take out here.
Jan 17, 2021 8:13 AM

Apr 2013
Sasha x Gabi moment

Mod Edit: Added image tags. Please only one screenshot per post.
Jan 17, 2021 8:14 AM
Nov 2020
WillofFire700 said:
shingojira-chan said:

exactly why it’s just so fucking dumb to say mappa prefers jjk, lmao
Jan 17, 2021 8:15 AM

Apr 2013
tirthasg said:
Sourire said:

Are you being sarcastic or is this a genuine question? If so then I take a moment to check out the manga panels. Isayama-san didn't dark them out just because it's a night scene. This is ridiculous! You're supposed to see the faces of the characters to a certain degree or else it's no different from a silhouette.
Also, we had numerous night scenes in the past seasons and the faces were clear as day. Utgard castle is one that came to my mind right now. Let's be real here. MAPPA failed to deliver.
They were lit by the moonlight in that scene. No I’m not being sarcastic.
Jan 17, 2021 8:16 AM
Apr 2020
I am so happy. One thing I learned, I am never bothered by CGI.

The Attack Titan’s roar is so damn good. It sounds so great. Last episode it sounded fine but now it’s way more terrifying. So many move drawings. I am really thankful to MAPPA for taking this. The soundtrack choice was at Mikasa’s entry is amazing. They used some cool soundtrack during Warhammer and Attack Titan’s fight too.

As expected, CG was a very great for Attack Titan in my opinion, it looks scary,(This is my opinion, I don’t give a shit if you think it looks bad). loved those CGI movements of titans. Now watch as 10 MAPPA haters come after me. AoT that I once knew is came back.

CGI for characters is indeed a good and clever choice for the health of animators and for future episodes. that will have way more fighting. Thank you and love you MAPPA for animating this with full hardwork. This is my endpoint, people who are bothered and suffered by this episode may rest in peace. If you born again you should not watch it. You don't deserve it. WIT is a clever studio thats why they give this project to MAPPA. If you are clever you know.

It’s a 5/5 episode

But hey... at least MAPPA take this project right?? What if nobody take it??! Think again...
Jan 17, 2021 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
Sourire said:
tirthasg said:

They were lit by the moonlight in that scene. No I’m not being sarcastic.

Not bright enough for me. Let's just agree to disagree.
Pages (21) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabiā€¦

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.