Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 17, 2021 2:36 AM

Jan 2011
i kinda love the fun vibes this show is giving off ,and the broship of them learning to skateboard is good ,Langa's mom thinking he was getting bullied due to him falling all the time was funny.

subs were off so i just said fuck it and turned them off for most of the episode

so do we even know where this is taking place their school looks like any Japanese school but from the OP and the city in general kinda looks like some mix of LA
Jan 17, 2021 3:44 AM
Aug 2020
Man I just adore this show already. And my favorite thing they captured was that feeling you get when you meet someone that’s as passionate about something as you are. Judging by the other central characters, there was no one reki’s age at his level in the skating scene, but now with manga you can tell he’s just absolutely living his best life. He has someone he can hang out with and teach and just generally gush about skating too. And it’s so pure to see langa eating it all up. In return for letting reki unleash his passion, langa is having his passion for skating pulled out of him by reki, and more so he’s made a friend in a new and foreign place that is there for him with more than skating, but just hanging out with him in general and helping him find a job. I’m so invested in these two it’s unreal.
Jan 17, 2021 3:46 AM

Apr 2018
I have lots of fun watching this anime. Also, boys are weirdly cute. And Langa's mother is insanely hot.
Jan 17, 2021 3:49 AM

Nov 2019
You write one of the male leads as a native english speaker.. Make him utter English words/lines.. But you cast a seiyuu who doesn't speak any..

Who makes these casting decisions..

Jan 17, 2021 4:24 AM

Jun 2019
I'm really enjoying this show. Don't know a single thing about SkateBoarding personally but somehow I'm really into it.
Jan 17, 2021 4:55 AM

Jan 2020
I really love how the skaterboarders have two personas, their normal life and when they skate. Already love the our main characters, the friendship between them feels so good
Jan 17, 2021 5:01 AM

Jun 2020
Yeah pretty impressed with how they made me feel the friendship between Reki and Langa is very authentic and believable, only two episodes in and I already feel attached
This anime shit is addictive
Jan 17, 2021 6:05 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode, I am really loving the energy of the show. Reki and Langa's friendship is wholesome as fuck and Langa learning how to skate is cool, makes me wanna learn too.

Also enjoyed Joe and Cherry Blossom's banter with each other, Cherry has one high tech ass skateboard though. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 17, 2021 6:33 AM

Jun 2014
I wasn't sure what to think of this after the first episode. Episode 2 definitely convinced me this is going to be a really good show.
:3
Jan 17, 2021 6:36 AM

Jun 2020
Omg the humour is really good. Langa is soooo endearing!!!!! He’s so cute. I mean his mannerisms. And yes his looks are a definite bonus ;)

Baby Langa was soooo cute

L O L at the confident & smirk look he gave before trying to turn & then smashed into the wall. And his mum’s inner thoughts while trying to ask him about his injuries. Lol!!!!!!

Reki & Langa’s elbow bumps were so cute. These 2 are going to be great buds. Reki opening his eyes to the world of skateboarding. Reki’s such a character. They are so likeable!

The animation’s great too, down to all the little details. And talk about the art, what a visual treat! There’s so much to look at. Reki’s room & garage were cool. So much fun to watch! Really enjoying this thus far. Seems like a great production.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 17, 2021 6:43 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
I have to say... This is a surprisingly enjoyable anime! I never expected it to be this fun and easy to watch.

It seems like a character is only allowed in the cast, if he has a unique crazy hair color different from every other cast member. Same as in Kuroko no Basket.

Other than that, until now, I have nothing but praise for this show. Lets see how it develops from episode 4 onward when the budget per episode gets lower (just an assumption of someone who doesnt know the industry at all) and state of emergency related production problems arise.
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
Jan 17, 2021 6:49 AM

Aug 2020
Can't get over the character designs in this show.
Jan 17, 2021 8:05 AM

Sep 2017
Glad they're keeping it lighthearted and fun. With how observed so many elements of this show are, it would be jarring if they took themselves too seriously. This episode is mostly wholesome Langa learns how to properly skateboard without tape. Pretty good stuff. Of course the champion of "S" or w/e is some young kid lol.
Jan 17, 2021 8:12 AM
Mar 2015
I feel like a major opportunity was missed here on not going into more detail with the ollie, the technique required to do the jump and all that. If they don't do that, I'm not sure if there will be anything else of substance in this anime.

I'm predicting this anime will probably lose its steam by episode 7 or so.
Jan 17, 2021 8:21 AM

Jul 2013
damn loved these two episodes so much
glad i picked up another "sports" anime since yowamushi was the last one i watched
this season is packed with stuff matching my tastes better than the previous one
Jan 17, 2021 8:31 AM

May 2019
This is super entertaining. It's been a long time since I've seen such great chemistry between the two mains. It's such a natural friendship. Both of them are absolutely adorable.

And the commercial break skits are the best ones I've ever seen since Haikyuu's commercial break serves in S1 to S3.

Bones is delivering.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 17, 2021 11:16 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Another excellent episode.

First off, I have to compliment how well the lighting looks in this show. It really does make a big difference in the visuals of a show if the lighting is excellent.

Langa wants to learn to skateboard after missing the slopes, so we get a really fun montage of Langa and Reki working on ollies. It's only been two episodes, but I already love their relationship. Little details like them elbowing each other after trying to get Langa a job just makes it feel more real.

Now, Langa's mom is a total babe, but Reki's mom is a super cutie. Just need to throw that out there.

The music was also a big stand out in this one. Upbeat, fun, and complimented the chaotic montage very well.

This show has been very impressive so far.
Jan 17, 2021 11:17 AM

Oct 2020
This episode just gave me so much serotonin like that whole montage of Reki and Langa watching skating videos, practicing at school, falling over, it was perfect. There's a small part of my brain that's bugging me though because it keeps reminding itself that the director of Banana Fish *distant sobbing* is also the director for SK8 the Infinity. On top of that, there's the one part of the opening where both Reki and Langa are on screen, Langa disappears, Reki runs to find him, the TV screens flash with Langa, hearts, and the (i think?) main villain, and then Reki falls down a hole reaching for the surface.

Back to episode 2, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was so much fun to watch overall, with some great montages, some emotional and heartfelt scenes between Langa and Reki (becoming better friends, perfecting his ollie, talking about his past, etc.), and the introduction of the resident middle school catboy Miya. I'm so excited for the next episode and I wish I could give a more detailed review on this episode, but I was so happy the whole time watching it it's kind of a blur in my memory now XD

Until next time 🥳
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2021 11:21 AM

Oct 2020
1nvader said:
I feel like a major opportunity was missed here on not going into more detail with the ollie, the technique required to do the jump and all that. If they don't do that, I'm not sure if there will be anything else of substance in this anime.

I'm predicting this anime will probably lose its steam by episode 7 or so.

Based on the opening sequence, I feel like that there's more going on behind the scenes than just two guys becoming friends and one learning to skate and compete. I'm getting a darker vibe from it, and can't help but constantly think of Banana Fish. Still, I do agree and hope they go into more detail with Langa's training. It did feel *slightly* lackluster, but I think this episode was meant more to develop Langa and Reki's friendship and emotional bond.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2021 11:30 AM
Apr 2014
i'm pleasantly surprised at how interesting this show is. i love the budding friendship between the two protagonists and i think they're very likable characters. the animation is also very nice and i also liked seeing how the skaters look doing their normal jobs in the daytime.
Jan 17, 2021 3:32 PM
Feb 2014
I don’t like how they treating the boy with red hair like that’s messed up.
Jan 17, 2021 5:51 PM

Dec 2016
I really like their comical accidents and quarreling, it's been a long time I watched something like that.

Langa is that cute, clueless unsocial guy XD

I'm glad they are not making Langa “born with the skills” type. Tho 2 weeks are still too short. But I guess it could be a fluke and he'll trip again while doing the Ollie next episode.

Reki's mom reminded me of Katsuki Yuri's mom and those twins was just like those triplets of Yuri's friend XD

Shadow working in a flower shop was completely unexpected...

Finally got to see cheery blossom and Joe skate but isn't it uncomfortable skating in those traditional clothing :O

New character called Chinen Miya is here. His name sounds funny in Bengali XD

Can't wait to see the beef between Langa and Miya.

They make me want to skate as well. But sadly my accidents won't be as comical as them instead it's gonna be bloody and broken bones...
Rickydory123Jan 17, 2021 6:02 PM
Jan 17, 2021 7:42 PM

Aug 2018
Goddamn!! He was almost isekaied by Truck-Kun
Overall 8/10
Jan 17, 2021 11:17 PM
Jul 2018
Its so good watch it now
Jan 18, 2021 12:29 PM
Jul 2020
Definitely a lot calmer than episode 1 but it still retains its awesomeness. Can't wait for the introduction of the new rival next week!
Jan 18, 2021 1:16 PM
May 2017
Now THIS is what I wanted in my skateboarding anime. The trial and error of achieving a new trick, the chill vibes of watching skating videos, getting in trouble when you try to skate in school, and even recording your sessions to see what you did right. As a skatboarder, I'm so glad this anime exists!
Jan 18, 2021 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
I'm looking forward to the next episode, miya seems to be very good at skateboarding.
Jan 18, 2021 10:41 PM
Aug 2020
Comedy in this episode was IMMACULATE and Langas progression was hecka nice to see.
Jan 19, 2021 5:09 AM

Oct 2017
Another really cheerful episode. It's fun to watch Langa learning to skate. His interactions with Reki is amusing too. Reki's twin sisters are just adorable.
Jan 19, 2021 5:43 AM

Sep 2018
I gave this show a chance solely because of the studio, expecting it to be flashy action scenes and not much else and I'm glad I did, honestly.

I like how utterly stupid and over-the-top the design of most of the secondary cast is. I loved the scene in the first episode where they introduced the villain by having him unironically pretend to conduct a symphony while naked and in complete darkness, this is exactly the type of over-the-top I'm into.

And now with episode 2 I also like the way they're building up Langa and Reki as friends. They act like real friends do in real life, and it also shows that Langa might be a prodigy but he's not a complete natural since he's struggling a lot to jump form snowboarding to skateboarding.

OP and ED are great, and the eyecatchers are cute, I think it's pretty safe to say that I'm sold
Jan 19, 2021 7:02 AM
Nov 2020
It's pretty cool that Reki knows how to make his own skateboard decks; that's a useful skill to have in the longrun. Also, Langa's mom is a total milf while Reki's mom is...

Anyways, those foot straps on Langa's board may be useful for now but hopefully he can gradually wean himself off of using those since that will hinder his progression later on. The front strap is already getting in the way of his front foot which will kinda prevent him from doing an effective ollie.
Jan 19, 2021 10:12 AM

Nov 2009
This show is excellent so far, so much fun packed into 20 minutes.
Jan 19, 2021 3:27 PM

Aug 2015
Shadow on and off the board are so different.

Nice episode, really enjoying the show!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 19, 2021 6:58 PM

Mar 2019
OMG I loved everything about this episode. It was so wholesome! And the animation is gorgeous. I love how it's so colorful. It's also very interesting when they're explaining skateboarding and the terminology. Never thought I would get interested in skateboarding.

Langa and Reki's relationship is absolutely precious. I love that Langa found a new passion in skateboarding, that Reki found a friend who's also into skateboarding, and them running away from the teacher was hilarious xD And that they got even closer by sharing their families, urgh, just hits my heart.
But you gotta give it to Reki's VA. He did an amazing job, every time Reki speaks about skateboarding, I can just hear how much passion and love he has for it. That's awesome. That scene where Reki says "skating is infinite" is my favorite of this episode.

And I'm really curious about Joe and Cherry Blossom, if they had a past together? I love their bickering, they are complete opposites so it makes sense.
Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who heard "it's Carla, not machine" and got reminded of Katsura xD

Also, Shadow...I freaking love that he's actually such a softie. And that Sailor Moon transformation, now that's gold.

And who is this catboy Miya...hmm...he seems very interesting. And he's a cutie.

But seriously, I loved the first episode, but this, this is just so good. I can't wait to watch more of this.

maxeve said:
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. It's amazing how this show can make me care for all the characters in just 2 episodes. The snippets of their real lives were cool. After all the superhuman skating, all of them have to get back to their day jobs. Shadow being a florist was unexpected but not unwelcomed who knew he would be a softie on the inside? Loving Joe's and Cherry Blossom's dynamics already. So petty XD do they have a past together? or is it just rivalry? Also, can I just say how much I appreciate seeing our skater duo interacting with their families? It was so wholesome. The training montage was cool and funny. Reki and Langa are so cute together. The skateboard design is adorable even though Langa had something more fierce in mind. Cat boy has just shown up and I've already adopted him. Let's see how the race goes.
Ending song is soothing. It adds a layer of dimension to all the characters. The opening still slaps.

I couldn't have said it better. But hey, I wanna adopt catboy too xD
Jan 20, 2021 12:20 PM

Mar 2015
Alright when we getting Mahou Shoujo Shadow spin off?
Jan 20, 2021 2:14 PM

Jun 2020
That training montage was so fucking chill and nostalgic compared to the overall adrenaline-pumped nature of the show, I loved it! It just oozed spunky 2000s cartoon vibes; the music, the slip-ups, the antics, the two wholesome dudes being bros giving their all...it was so punk rock!

Glad I decided to watch this one, it's taking me back to the 00's era of anime--my personal favourite--with everything from Reki's adorable yet over-the-top kiddie anime character design to just the sheer outragenousness of the way they go about skateboarding. I was no skater kid myself, but this anime makes me feel like one at heart. Oh, and those comic-style mid-break animations? The absolute cherry on top.

Also, inb4 some weird bara doujinshi featuring Joe starts popping up...I can already hear the sounds of heated doujin artists' styluses hitting the screens enthusiastically as they lovingly draw his tanned pecs.
Jan 20, 2021 4:42 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I finally caught up to this episode and seeing Langa struggle to learn how to skateboard reminds me how I tried to learn how to skateboard, but eventually I just stuck to playing THPS and a bunch of extreme sports games. Langa almost got Isikaied because he kept using duct tape on the skateboard. He needs to learn how to shift his body weight and have a sense of balance when he's on the skateboard.

I also had a problem with the subtitles being out of sync.

Jan 20, 2021 7:17 PM

Jul 2016
"Sailor Moon" Shadow in the episode intermission? Simply amazing xD

Also, the part with Langa's mom wondering if her son was being bullied was hilarious. She's so cute... and hot.

Pretty enjoyable episode overall. The friendship Langa and Reki have formed is so wholesome. Good to see the bromance is going smoothly in that regard.
Jan 21, 2021 4:34 AM

Aug 2017
when they started talking about boards I thought maybe they'd try to get him a longboard, but I guess this is more like training wheels until he can get used to not having his feet attached. the design on it is nice at least, maybe his nickname is gonna be Yeti or something snow related.

Langa's mom is top tier.
Jan 21, 2021 8:36 AM

Feb 2020
Oooooo... I came... This shit make me wet... Like jeez.. the slide and the jump... Oufff.. make me horny... To the next level... And the OP yeah ITS good... I need this shit more... Amazing skateboard anime.
Jan 21, 2021 10:31 AM

Mar 2019
we already got an explanation of the anime title, which is great!! 'skating is infinite'

nice to see langa improving and starting from scratch after last ep :)

Jan 21, 2021 6:31 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Damn, almost missed out on this one. I love how the skating mechanics mentioned are pretty realistic but at the same time it's totally unrealistic and flashy and awesome... heck dude did a backflip thirty feet in the air with fire crackers in the background how extra can you get I LOVE it

While skateboarding and snowboarding are PRETTY different and feel quite different making it really not necessarily easy to transfer from doing one to the other, it's an anime man, it's done for the sake of the show and it works and it's funny. Also like how the dude's Canadian and how he sums up what a Canadian is in like 5 seconds LOL! also his mom is hot, top tier quality anime milf

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 21, 2021 9:21 PM

Jul 2012
Awesome episode! I enjoyed it even more than the first one.
Characters are very interesting so far and I really like the comedy elements.
Jan 23, 2021 10:32 PM

Aug 2015
Love how this show gives us all these falls as Langa practices. It's really endearing.

Love the details on the sneakers when they zoom in for the lower shots. Really appreciate the outfit changes as well. Not just the dramatic change from daily wear to competition outfits but also Reiki's different coloured hoodies. So much attention to everyone's character designs.

LOVE the characterizations of EVERYONE. Literally everyone is SO GOOD. SHADOW RUNS A FLOWER SHOP? CHERRY BLOSSOM THE A.I. NINJA? JOE THE BARA CHEF? MIYA THE TOP RANKING CATBOY? REKI THE MANIC PIXIE DREAM-MECHANIC?

What can I say except THANK YOU I LOVE THEM ALL.
whitherJan 23, 2021 11:31 PM
Jan 24, 2021 12:57 AM

Aug 2018
Goddamn This Anime Looking Good
I can't wait for the next episode Boy!!!!!
8 Out of 10
Jan 24, 2021 8:39 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, everything just a pure coincidence, and Ranga still couldn't even skateboarding much at the free street areas. Well, that's relieved me a while, since its become a good reason to strengthened their relationship. The moment when i see the real face of Shadow and his another personality, i feel like, wtf? And i can't stop laughing. They were really hiding much their true happiness, eh? Interesting. So, everyone talked about Ranga in the 'S' arena. But, he himself was still a beginner in general and need a little lesson to begin with. A huge experience in a snowboarding looked nothing to compare with that new activities. However, by a good determination that pushing Ranga around, and a little help from Reki here and there, he proved to control a basic trick in a skateboarding so far in a good fuckin time.

Okay, that's enough with the lesson and a little bonding moments between you two. One boy already launch a challenge for you. So, lets go to the fuckin race, right?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 27, 2021 5:03 AM

Mar 2009
Between this and Horimiya, the anime moms this season are pretty damn cute.
Feb 8, 2021 5:40 PM

Jun 2014
This is starting to become more interesting.

Langa is quickly getting the hang of skateboarding, but still has a long way to go to be on a pro level. Meanwhile, some beret wearing femboy has challenged him!

Feb 10, 2021 7:27 PM
Jan 2020
The concept is really good, and the animation is really great. The fact that out Canadian friend is just good and not good at the same time is so funny to watch.
Feb 14, 2021 2:18 PM

Jul 2019
Good sync Funimation. Made me flashback to geometry dash days.

This episode is pretty cool, Langa's dedication is loveable honestly. This guy getting beat up all the time, not even wearing safety pads too, but he still going.

Idk what to think about the anime's attention to Langa and not so much to Reki. Seems a little wasteful.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Langa's relationship with reki ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - May 7, 2022

65 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 10, 3:11 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

147 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 4, 5:21 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2021

142 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 31, 4:58 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

210 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 30, 4:56 AM

» SK8 the Infinity Event & Bucchigiri!?

OnlyAraku - Dec 31, 2023

8 by OnlyAraku »»
Jan 9, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.