Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Jan 11, 2021 2:22 PM
Apr 2014
im crying im so happy horimiya got an anime adaptation! they made the art style look so good and it looks so similar to the manga! im so happy seeing the characters in color and cant wait for the rest of the season >_<
Jan 11, 2021 2:36 PM

May 2010
Cosmincreato said:
StormViruz said:
So far, so good.

Episode 1 thoughts summarized here.

https://thatlazyfan.wixsite.com/anime/post/horimiya-episode-1-thoughts

Been away from anime for far too long (around a decade or so), and this is the first seasonal anime I'm watching this 2021. I'm glad I picked this up.

Not familiar with Cloverworks but with this, I am a fan now.

Well you were lucky to start with something very good, this has a lot of potential, I'd say CloverWorks is one of the best studios right now, you could definitely watch more stuff from them, The Promised Neverland is great.
Good luck with your blog btw!

Yes. I'll watch The Promised Neverland soon and other Cloverworks series. I would follow Wonder Egg Priority as well. Appreciated the response! Thanks.
Jan 11, 2021 6:52 PM

Jul 2016
I can't get over the fact that Hori's blonde friend is basically Ritsu from K-On! but without the headband.

Pretty nice start overall. I'm already liking Miyamura's character and particularly, I find the way how he interacts with Hori to be quite natural and believable. The relationship he has with her little brother is also quite endearing to see, by the way.
SouthRzVaJan 11, 2021 6:55 PM
Jan 11, 2021 9:31 PM

Oct 2015
a little disappointed with how rushed the episode was, they packed too much into one episode. regardless, it's nice to see one of my old favorite mangas adapted! hoping the next episodes are nice as well.
Jan 11, 2021 11:00 PM
May 2020
What a perfect start! I just can't stop smiling in every Miyamura and Hori interacts with each other, they're just too perfect for each other. CloverWorks, you just got it again, i really adore you guys =) Can't wait for the next episode!
Jan 12, 2021 12:31 AM

May 2020
Nooo! I thought Hori was going to confess:(

I like the op, it's sweet
Jan 12, 2021 12:48 AM
Jan 2017
This winter is the best i'm in love with this anime already i liked Miyamura and Huri they're perfect as couple and lovers i'm so excited to see what will happen in next episodes
Jan 12, 2021 2:38 AM
Apr 2018
Our MCs are plenty Adorable. Both of them are dummy too. :)
Animation's Good.
Voice Actors for our MCs did a great job.
Thanks to Tomatsu Haruka for voicing HORI KYOUKO, & that adorable "Baka, Baka, Baka!...." :)

That conversation between MIYAMURA & TOORU was adorable too.
Our MC is really a dummy!
Jan 12, 2021 3:06 AM

Nov 2019
I wasn’t sure what to expect with this one, and I was expecting the majority of the hype to come from fans of the manga but I must say I’m absolutely enthralled with this thus far. The animation is great, the characters are great and the pacing is so smooth the episode just flew by. Pretty excited to see where it goes. The only thing I didn’t like was the OP but really who cares
Jan 12, 2021 4:27 AM
Dec 2020
This was just cute.
The comedy is good as well, but a part that got me off guard was, Hori crying and instantly the mood changes to Hori about to murder Miyamura.

I love it already.

Jan 12, 2021 5:11 AM
Aug 2020
The first episode was pretty good and well adapted. They gave it a more serious look which i dont exactly mind. The opening song was a bit different from what i expected. I was expecting it to be more colourful and vibrant. I hope they stick to the source material and animate all the characters that show up later. This and Tomozaki-kun could easily be one of the best om-coms of this year.
Jan 12, 2021 5:11 AM
Aug 2020
The first episode was pretty good and well adapted. They gave it a more serious look which i dont exactly mind. The opening song was a bit different from what i expected. I was expecting it to be more colourful and vibrant. I hope they stick to the source material and animate all the characters that show up later. This and Tomozaki-kun could easily be one of the best om-coms of this year.
Jan 12, 2021 6:55 AM

Dec 2015
Not bad adaptation, but previous still is much better in my opininon despite the fact that the visuals is better here.
Jan 12, 2021 8:34 AM

Jan 2019
There's a lot of hype shows this season, sequels to huge names.

But I don't think there has been an episode one I've enjoyed as much as I've enjoyed this one.

I haven't read the manga, but if this show can keep up the pace like this- the style, the emotion, the humor- or even reach higher heights as the season goes on, then we could be looking at an early contender for anime of the year.

Or it could all crash and burn within the next two episodes- who knows!
Jan 12, 2021 9:26 AM

May 2018
I watched Horimiya and I 'd say it is cute. It did feel a bit rushed or fast-paced at some parts making me confused which got cleared when I read the manga and got the full context. Romantic fluff of the season which can be enjoyed by non-SOL people like me.I just love the dynamic of the main couple. When he recognizes you in your true self unlike your friends, you know he's the one. I would've gave Ishikawa a pat on the back, at least he tried. I know the feeling dude. Press F for the fallen soldier...
Thank goodness it's not a love triangle.

Well,I'm looking forward to more from SmoothMura and TsundOri.
Jan 12, 2021 11:01 AM

Jan 2013
I like the opening song idk why lmao. I waited for this tv series finally.
For me, the adaption is pretty good but the pacing is felt like they rush it.
Jan 12, 2021 1:07 PM

Jan 2015
It's been awhile since I've read the manga, but I feel like the anime is going a little too fast. I'm a bit worried it will try to cram too many chapters into a single cour and ruin the comfy vibe of the source in the process.
Jan 12, 2021 9:06 PM
Jul 2019
JohnDowson said:
It's been awhile since I've read the manga, but I feel like the anime is going a little too fast. I'm a bit worried it will try to cram too many chapters into a single cour and ruin the comfy vibe of the source in the process.

As a fellow manga reader I also worry about it. But I think that this was just a one episode thing and in further episodes would be like 2 chapters for an episode, which is the best pacing I could expect from the series
Jan 12, 2021 10:16 PM
Sep 2018
Nice. We finally got a good Horimiya adaptation. Thank you Cloverworks
Jan 12, 2021 11:37 PM
Dec 2019
ists so greattt, i'm so excited
Jan 13, 2021 2:12 AM

Jun 2015
The wholesome romcom is finally here. I swear I cried when I see the couple move on my screen. Overall, this is a good adaptation. The only minus point that I have is its quick pace. There were quite a few moments where it could be more dramatic and emphasize their relationship. Which is:

- A boy who doesn't think he deserves to be loved and the time they spend are just out of pure kindness from the girl.
- And a girl who doesn't care about all that and truly want to spend joyful time with him.

The anime has lost a few magics that define the series as wholesome. But I couldn't be happier to see a proper adaptation of the series. Yeah boys... No question asked. Hori x Miyamura best couple of the season. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
Jan 13, 2021 3:51 AM

Jun 2013
I remember reading this manga like 7 or so years ago lol

Honestly they're cute together but her little brother stole the show for me. I laughed my ass off when he casually asked for barley tea after she smacked the guy with a glass of iced tea.
臭い-
Jan 13, 2021 4:13 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Nothing we haven’t seen before but this is checking off all the boxes that need to keep me personally entertained, yeah I’d watch this shit and now I’m eagerly awaiting the next episode. Loving the art style and character designs and character writing; I love how there’s a bit of drama in there already but it’s not overly dramatic and at its core is still a light hearted watch. Main character girl dang it I already forgot her name reminds me of the chick from ao haru ride

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 13, 2021 10:32 AM
Sep 2020
Theannoy3rd1 said:
JohnDowson said:

As a fellow manga reader I also worry about it. But I think that this was just a one episode thing and in further episodes would be like 2 chapters for an episode, which is the best pacing I could expect from the series

this was only 2 chapters — 1 and 3 were the only ones adapted in this episode. chapter 2 was skipped entirely
Jan 13, 2021 1:35 PM
May 2020
Do we need to watch the "Hori-san to Miyamura-kun" OVA first before starting this anime?
Jan 13, 2021 1:46 PM

Feb 2014
First episode was so good .
Jan 13, 2021 2:21 PM
Jul 2019
peaswar said:

this was only 2 chapters — 1 and 3 were the only ones adapted in this episode. chapter 2 was skipped entirely

I went back to check the manga and the chapter 2 was mostly skipped like u said. I also noticed the first 3 chapters are quicker than the rest. So adapting 2 chapters per episode for upcoming episodes would be the most ideal
Jan 13, 2021 2:41 PM

May 2015
wondergirl5 said:
Do we need to watch the "Hori-san to Miyamura-kun" OVA first before starting this anime?

No its basically the same with a different art style and VA's. You'd just be spoiling it for yourself
Jan 13, 2021 8:16 PM
Apr 2020
It was a cute episode, but in some scenes I got confused may due to pacing, but hey can't ignore the whole episode's Beauty. The osts are perfectly matching, loved it.
Jan 13, 2021 11:57 PM
Sep 2020
Damn i'm obsessed with hori-san😍
Jan 14, 2021 12:07 AM
Jul 2009
As much as I enjoyed it, I feel like everything developed way too quickly. I haven't read the source material but is that how fast their relationship is supposed to form in the beginning? I feel like there would have been a bigger payoff if there was more of a buildup to them straight up confessing how much they enjoy spending time together.

It's like they threw together in half an episode what most shows spend half a season setting up.
Jan 14, 2021 1:28 AM

Feb 2019
Very good anime, heals my soul
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jan 14, 2021 3:59 AM

Nov 2019
Amazing, I love it. Opening song is so beautiful.
Uchiyama Kouki-San voice is so unique.
Jan 14, 2021 12:57 PM
Dec 2019
I don't really watch romance anime... in that I've never really seen one I don't think, or only a few.

Horimiya i building up to be a great show. Here are some positives from the first episode:

1. The comedy was well placed and didn't take away from the serious moments.
2. I love a character with piercings and tattoos in an anime being portrayed as a normal member of society and not a deviant. It gives me hope for the future of the culture in Japan and being able to visit while not feeling like I have to hide myself.
3. I love how the characters aren't automatically "in love" per say, but they are naturally falling into a relationship.
4. The OP is a nice little sweet song.

I didn't care for the ED as much. Don't get me wrong I can see that some thought went into it. It's just nit my style. I would give the show a 7 (Good) based upon its first episode.
Jan 14, 2021 4:14 PM

Jul 2014
I think all the hype around this show from people who've read the manga has led me to come into this show with overly-strong expectations, as while I enjoyed this episode to a point I didn't think it was particularly groundbreaking or special to warrant all the praise I'm seeing. At the very least, the pacing was crazy, with what felt like a good 3 or 4 episode's worth of events happening all in one episode; the drama at the end of the episode came in really quickly and was resolved just as quickly, for example.

On the bright side, I like the overall character writing for Hori and Miyamura so far and their interactions are somewhat more interesting than the typical romcom leads, so I'm excited to see how their relationship develops going forward.
Jan 14, 2021 6:59 PM
Dec 2020
I like this alot!!
Idk why but this reminds me of Maid-sama quite a bit. Loving it 😄
Jan 14, 2021 7:28 PM
Dec 2014
Seems like a history about Secrets, interesting...

The couple is kawaii tio

I liked
Jan 14, 2021 9:59 PM

Dec 2018
A nice start for a romance anime. The art for this anime is so beautiful, it's attracted me to watch it and I'm glad I did watch it. The main Hero and heroin are so attractive, I really fall in love with those two art design for the animation. The OP scene is great too! Can't wait for the next episode to be air.

Jan 14, 2021 11:13 PM

May 2017
Kind of shocked at the high score it, an 8.62. And even the poll for this thread surprises me, because the episode really threw a lot at us. I felt like we were moving way to first for the first episode man. There must be A LOT of story that the creators want to tell in 13 episodes😲

Anyway, I'm excited to see what's in store in the future episodes. Besides the speedy storyline, the characters are pretty cute and I'm a fan of the dynamic😅
Someone recommended the manga and I was interested in checking it out, so let's see what happens
Jan 15, 2021 8:48 AM

Dec 2016
Holy cow, I felt like I watched at least half season of RomCom anime squeezed into one episode. I'm not saying this as bad thing but holy shit... that was fast.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 15, 2021 12:59 PM
Feb 2019
Prettty good first episode.

It felt pretty quick, but I don't think it's because of pacing but instead because of romcoms normally being the absolute slow burnings, while here with one episode they've got a bond already formed, it's definitely fast but I liked it. This doesn't give me too much comedy vibes but more of a relaxing/SOL tone alike to Sangatsu, so I didn't laugh too much with it, though the tatoo part was completely unexpected, it took me off guard. Another thing I wanna point out is how both MCs keep a face in front of others while they actually are very different from it, it seemed curious to me, it's an interesting idea and the root for many of the comedy (specially for Miyamura), but I wonder if the story is gonna play with the appearances topic more.

In the technical aspect, Cloverworks is doing a great job. Animation is pretty good, specially some character acting, and the colour palette while normal is beautiful, though the character design took me off a bit at first, but nothing important at the end. The OP is great, but interestingly enough, visuals are better than the song, the song is pretty great but the visuals in the OP are absolutely gorgeous, the ED is pretty nice too; voice actors are doing a great job, and the sound is really good, music is lovely and fits very well the scenes, and this will sound strange, but the track when Hori picks up Sota before OP really reminded me of Minecraft OST... yeah, me making absolutely nonsense connections but I wanted to point it out.

Being the adaptation of an immensely popular manga, I was curious since the announcement, and this first episode got me hooked on. Excited to see more in the next episodes.
Jan 15, 2021 4:41 PM

Feb 2016
What was the point of that misleading introductory sequence?
And why does he need a jacket to hide his tattoos? I can clearly see long sleeves underneath.
その目だれの目?
Jan 15, 2021 6:34 PM

Jun 2009

omgosh I love the art style so much! these leads are too precious~ I teared up a bit at how vulnerable they were with each other when talking about how they don't want the other to see each other's true selves ; - ;

can't wait to see more of them!

Jan 16, 2021 1:35 AM

Dec 2014
hm things progressed a lot faster compared to the manga but i guess thats expected from an anime
Jan 16, 2021 3:28 AM
Mar 2012
First half kinda disinterested or awkward. Weird teacher there.
Bit odd character designs but hot teacher.
2nd half got better tho fast pace. Their old-couple vibe is super cute tho, with the non annoying otouto, & those great reaction faces.
Jan 16, 2021 5:02 AM

Apr 2014
Kinda rushed, even putting aside being a manga reader.
Considering its only slated for 13eps I guess that makes sense but that also just makes it feel like a cash grab rather than a proper a attempt at an adaptation.
Well its not bad but its a bit disappointing anyways.
I say "I'm speechless" to tell you I want to say something though am not sure how...
Jan 16, 2021 7:32 AM
May 2020
God I love this ep so much, it is so cuuute...
Jan 16, 2021 4:17 PM

Apr 2010
They talked to each other just a few times, hang around her house taking care of her lil brother, and yet she's already super in love with him? Ah yeah okay
Jan 16, 2021 4:27 PM
May 2020
Se sintió bastante fresco y la relación de los 2 protagonistas en ningún momento se sintió forzada, y todo eso solo en el primer capitulo, ojala continue asi
Jan 16, 2021 5:38 PM

May 2018
the slice of life parts are so fucking good, the melodrama dampens it a lot. i hope there isnt a lot of melodrama...
SeijatachiiiiJan 17, 2021 6:10 AM
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 23, 2021

232 by exho26 »»
May 4, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

407 by Devill4010 »»
May 1, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

217 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 11:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.