Forum Settings
Forums

If you are a straight person do you enjoy yuri/yaoi respectively?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 9, 2021 6:22 PM

Dec 2017
Not really into either tbh, liked cross ange and i guess that somewhat counts as yuri (based tusk cucking yuri fans though)
Objectivity? In my anime scoring? Of course not...
Jan 9, 2021 6:22 PM

Jul 2017
ye, i love both yaoi and yuri shows, not for the fact thats its gay but for the story, tho i feel like BL shows have better stories then most Yuri shows, but overall yeah
Jan 9, 2021 8:47 PM

Feb 2017
I'm asexual but I occasionally watch and read BL and Yuri series. If it's a well written romance series the gender of the characters doesn't really matter to me.
Jan 9, 2021 11:35 PM
Mar 2018
yuri maybe. yaoi no. cuz thats gay shit
Jan 9, 2021 11:57 PM
Nov 2020
amusedmonkey said:
I think the answer will differ depending on how the person watches anime (assuming they're interested in watching romance/sexual relationships).

Some people look for shows where they can self-insert, and those are more likely to prefer something closer to their own sexuality. Some have certain gender combination fetishes they're looking to fulfill, and those are more likely to prefer shows that have their preferred gender combination.

Personally, I'm in it for the plot and characters, and I rarely self-insert. Gender combinations don't matter to me. I'm not exactly straight, and I don't have gender fetishes, but I find males are generally written better than females (in anime in general), so although shoujo-ai would be closer to my own sexuality, I enjoyed certain shounen-ai/yaoi shows better. I don't exactly go out of my way looking for them, though. I have a broad taste in anime and watch whatever looks interesting regardless of genre.

I think it might not be that you absolutely don't self-insert it's just that it's hard to find anime where you are able to self insert. But the ones that let you self-insert will be better than the rest in the viewer's perspective.
Jan 10, 2021 12:05 AM

Nov 2019
I probably won't watch or read yaoi/shounen in my life time but I might actually read and watch some yuri/shoujo ai someday..

Jan 10, 2021 12:08 AM

May 2013
Yes, i read both of them and i don't really care. I enjoy both.
Jan 10, 2021 3:09 AM

Mar 2016
Personally I like shounen ai and shojo ai I'm not sure about yuri and yaoi.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Jan 10, 2021 3:15 AM

May 2015
I am fine with any shoujo ai, yuri and shounen ai until it has a good story backing it up but I guess I would find yaoi too explicit to my taste so I have never tried that genre and I suppose I never will.
IshitatesoJan 10, 2021 3:20 AM
Jan 10, 2021 3:21 AM

Jul 2020
I'm pretty sure many straight People enjoy yaoi/yuri.I don't watch them though.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 10, 2021 3:37 AM

Jun 2012
HotPocketChris said:
yuri maybe. yaoi no. cuz thats gay shit

Imagine thinking Yuri isn't gay.

As for myself, don't care. If it's good I'll watch it regardless of the themes.
Jan 10, 2021 4:36 AM

Feb 2019
Auron_ said:
Kosmonaut said:
Exactly, there's nothing gayer than women, so liking women is the gayest thing one can do.

Right, anyone can score with women. But the moment when you turn a burly muscular dude into being your cock-crazed feminized sex-slave through your godly allure, that's when you become alpha among alphas.
That's the manliest description of weirdly-specific, wish-fulfillment fantasy I have ever read. I guess it's true that the peak alphas in the anime community are the unapologetic fudanshi.
Jan 10, 2021 5:18 AM

Oct 2015
Kosmonaut said:
Auron_ said:

Right, anyone can score with women. But the moment when you turn a burly muscular dude into being your cock-crazed feminized sex-slave through your godly allure, that's when you become alpha among alphas.
That's the manliest description of weirdly-specific, wish-fulfillment fantasy I have ever read. I guess it's true that the peak alphas in the anime community are the unapologetic fudanshi.

I don't see what you're talking about. (NSFW lol) I was simply giving a hypothetical that could theoretically exist.
Jan 10, 2021 5:32 AM
Mar 2020
well yes i do enjoy yuri/yaoi (but less of yuri since I have a had time knowing who's dom/sub) and because I am a complete sucker for that kind of love. (though i'm still in favor more of watching shoujou ai or shounen ai)
Jan 10, 2021 7:28 AM
Jun 2020
Yaoi is the genre that I'll never watch. I tried a Yaoi anime called Yarichin☆Bitch-bu, without even 15 minutes in, my eyes can't take it anymore. I'll try Yuri though, but Yaoi, hell no.
Jan 10, 2021 9:16 AM

Dec 2010
I read BL I don't really like GL although I do read books that involve LGBT female couples its just books make that easier to read.
Jan 10, 2021 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
Isn't this kinda like asking if a straight person could enjoy het romance?

I'm bi, so maybe I just don't get it. But imo a good story and a cute romance is a good story and a cute romance no matter who the characters are. Personally I enjoy yuri more than yaoi, just cause I'm a girl and I relate more to girl x girl relationships. But I don't dislike yaoi, and when it's done well I'll enjoy it as much as any het romance.

Idk. I feel like the only reason someone would hate ALL yuri/yaoi is if they're only watching ecchi romance and are in it for the horny. Which is fine, but I feel like that's a whole separate conversation. People who like ecchi are obviously gonna find shows which appeal to their sexuality, straight or otherwise.

I'm ignoring people who just feel grossed out knowing 2 guys or 2 gals could fall in love, because well... Whateves. They do them.
Jan 10, 2021 9:48 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I have yet to find a good Yuri to watch from start to end, but I appreciate Yuri bait in shows. It typically leads to some cute fanart.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Jan 10, 2021 10:02 AM

Jul 2012
Personally, I don't watch them.

I've seen a couple of series that have Yuri romance and it didn't appeal to me.
Jan 10, 2021 10:08 AM

Dec 2020
Personally, I enjoy several yaoi/yuri, but I'm straight, it's a matter of how great the plot is.
Jan 10, 2021 10:35 AM

Mar 2020
As a straight woman, I enjoy shounen-ai and SOME yaoi and I'll watch Shoujo-ai if it looks cute. I don't really have any interest in Yuri though.

How can they see the love in our eyes
And still, they don't believe us?
And after all this time
They don't want to believe us

Jan 10, 2021 10:50 AM

May 2018
I just had a thought. I'm trying to track every show I remember watching. Looking at the "shounen-ai" label I was surprised to see something I watched before. I don't remember it being that. Then I remembered. Yeah, now that I think of it, it did have something of the sort, but back then (15 years ago, Kyou kara Maou!), I was not familiar with different genres and just watched whatever I had access to. I thought it was just their normal approach to humor and didn't think much of it. It was mostly an adventure/isekai/comedy kind of show, and it was fun. So I guess I have always been fine with it?
amusedmonkeyJan 10, 2021 10:53 AM
Jan 10, 2021 12:05 PM

May 2020
Yes because I don't care what people are into, and my three favorite ships with same sex characters are in shows I love
I said with a posed look
Jan 10, 2021 8:16 PM
Community Mod
Aug 2019
Thread Locked for not adhering to Anime Discussion Rule 5.

Please refrain from posting thread topics which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated social and/or moral issues. This includes but is not limited to: pedophilia, gender/racial equality, sexual orientation, etc.

In accordance with the board specific rules please remember to follow the Site Guidelines as well to further prevent violations.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - Yesterday

79 by logopolis »»
7 minutes ago

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together? ( 1 2 3 )

Oshieteoshiete4 - Apr 29

122 by LostSpectre »»
11 minutes ago

» What is the most memorable first episode of an anime you've watched?

mahrjose - 8 hours ago

22 by Lhundrup »»
12 minutes ago

» Anime Drinking Games

EverRealm - Yesterday

14 by alexw1020 »»
30 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

282 by StyxParadise »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.