Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 27, 2020 5:53 PM

Sep 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty disappointed.

This really seemed like the moment where the casualties should have been major, and of all the people to kill off, Midnight is the highest-billed hero?

Twice was the only death in this arc to have any major narrative weight, and the others are just pure filler.
Dec 27, 2020 7:17 PM

Feb 2009
Damn it! Midnight-sensei, why you?????????
Dec 27, 2020 10:43 PM
Oct 2014
Lindle said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.

This really seemed like the moment where the casualties should have been major, and of all the people to kill off, Midnight is the highest-billed hero?

Twice was the only death in this arc to have any major narrative weight, and the others are just pure filler.

I think that's a "LOW BLOW" for calling Midnight's death a "filler". Cause personally felt it. Then again, maybe it's because I watched Vigilante too and I liked Midnight as a character.
Dec 27, 2020 10:50 PM
May 2016
That crying and shock panel hits hard. And all the common people that are hurt and the hero who was contemplating his job was great.
Dec 27, 2020 10:57 PM

Jul 2020
No deaths among the students.Seriously?
I didn't even know any of the heroes that died except for Midnight
well I thought that the war arc came to an end but it's still the beginning lmao.
ScordoloDec 27, 2020 11:14 PM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 27, 2020 11:38 PM

Mar 2020
So many lives destroyed, some heroes deciding to retire. The mental trauma the hero course students, no the whole of Japan is facing is just too much. Momo lost her mentor Midnight and Majestic. I am really on the verge of crying. People are starting to doubt heroes, especially Endeavor who was trying to atone for his sin. The fight at villa was won but the war is lost by the heroes. Students didn't died because the pro heroes were there to risk their own lives. 134 PLF members missing and the total count of casualties is still unknown but it looks like AFO will return, stronger than ever. The story took a pretty interesting turn.
Dec 27, 2020 11:51 PM

Jan 2008
All For One telling the Nomus to go free his main body. That sucks. I mean, I get it. That's really smart. The heroes and law enforcement are going to be pushed to the brink as it is. Dang.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 28, 2020 12:37 AM

Sep 2009
bkim999 said:
Lindle said:

I think that's a "LOW BLOW" for calling Midnight's death a "filler". Cause personally felt it. Then again, maybe it's because I watched Vigilante too and I liked Midnight as a character.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I like Midnight as a character and it sucks that she's dead (also mostly because of Vigilantes). But what I mean is that Midnight isn't any better of a character for dying like this, and her death had nothing to do with any kind of characterization done for her before now. Compared to Twice, whose death only happened the way it did because of his character development up to that point, and even made him a better character because of it, this just feels like Horikoshi went "well, I have to kill someone the audience might care about" and didn't want to kill anyone who has had a major role in the plot so far. It feels cheap. I wanted Midnight to have better than this.
Dec 28, 2020 12:46 AM

Mar 2015
Boo, midnight was really killed off. I hope we see more of Mirko in the following arc.
Dec 28, 2020 1:10 AM

Jan 2009
welp Midnights quirk is kinda useless since its just about sleeping gas and just a little wind can counter her quirk

RIP Midnight nonetheless what a waste of beauty

and All For One is planning to get his main body eh and completely transfer his mind to Shigaraki i presume?
Dec 28, 2020 1:53 AM

Aug 2017
Scordolo said:
No deaths among the students. Seriously?

Well to be fair the death of children would make things far darker than they are & could irreparably change the tone of the series. Like the death of an adult is more accepted, but the death of a child is on a whole nother level.

And to be fair most of the students were kept off the frontlines and direct combat. They were there for support out of desperation but it was expected for the adults to handle the majority of the legwork.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Dec 28, 2020 1:56 AM

Jul 2020
Slimcoder said:
Scordolo said:
No deaths among the students. Seriously?

Well to be fair the death of children would make things far darker than they are & could irreparably change the tone of the series. Like the death of an adult is more accepted, but the death of a child is on a whole nother level.

And to be fair most of the students were kept off the frontlines and direct combat. They were there for support out of desperation but it was expected for the adults to handle the majority of the legwork.

Deku Bakugou Todoroki and Endeavor were directly fighting with Shigarki.
Bakugou todoroki or Endeavor should've died.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 28, 2020 2:02 AM

Aug 2017
Scordolo said:
Slimcoder said:

Well the former is a main character with his own ongoing character arc and the latter 2 still have to resolve things with Dabi. Hell either Shouto or Endeavor dying would just be a massive waste of the characters since that would mean they don't have to deal with the repercussions caused by Dabi, especially Endeavour as now his abuse of his family is public knowledge.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Dec 28, 2020 2:31 AM

May 2018
This arc is anti climatic. I predict it correctly. I know that Shigaraki won't be able to control his power well and ended up retreating.

Gorochu said:
My guess is that Shigaraki still hasn't master his new power fully yet so he will force to retreat and hide somewhere. He won't take over Japan.
Papa_ScorchDec 28, 2020 2:35 AM
Dec 28, 2020 6:01 AM
Jun 2020
RIP Midnight. Dang I still remember her advice to Kaminari just when the war started. She stayed a great teacher even on the battlefield.

Damn I really don't know where My Hero Academia is headed now. There's a possibility that a prison break arc will be next, but to move to the next arc after the war kinda felt repetitive (?) There's not much of a difference than the war arc if AFO and Stain escape Tartarus.

People are losing hope in not just heroes, but the whole hero society. The panel where the pro hero said this whole thing is a big mistake and wanting to change jobs is enough proof. It's mostly up to Endeavor now to hopefully gain back people's trust, especially after Touya revealed that the Number 1 Hero was an abusive father (but Endeavor looks like he's gonna die so idk).

Not gonna lie, I kinda miss the comforting and simple nature of My Hero Academia, it's funny because I sometimes used to get frustrated at the series for the lack of depth in the story. But now when I think of it, there will be no more sports festival, no more seeing the students safe and happy in class. No more just seeing them have fun like they used to. Even if that will happen in the future, it will feel... gloomy because of all the things happened that literally affected the whole society/world in MHA.

Well I guess this stuff is unavoidable. I have lots of theories in my mind, but I guess I just have to wait to see where this series is headed.

(Sorry for grammar mistakes, English is not my thing.)

Dec 28, 2020 7:44 AM

Oct 2014
Considering I didn't expect any major name heroes to die the fact that 1 did at least is actually pretty impactful for the story. Most of this arc has been exactly as I expected from over a year ago. Mirio saving the day at the end after Eri gave him his quirk back, jeanist saving the day after being revealed to still be alive, deku unlocking new parts of his quirk at plot convenient times, Deku saying he wants to save Shigaraki, etc. But despite all that I actually quite like where this is going. It's great that Horikoshi is kickstarting the prison break arc immediately and not making the villains stand off now like many other series would have done. Not having a cooldown between arcs is something I loved about certain parts of One Piece and it's great to see Horikoshi doing that here. There's a lot of potential for some good times ahead in this series.

rip best girl, midnight was probably one of the most lowkey of the reappearing characters in this series but she was always fun on screen and had quite intimate relationships with big characters like all might, aizawa and class 1-a so this is going to be huge loss for them and also some extra fuel to make things personal against Shigaraki

Guess Nejire is the new best girl now >_<
Dec 28, 2020 8:36 AM
Jun 2015
And the slut looking hero dies along with a bunch of nobodies that people saw for 5 seconds. Lmaoooooo. Irrelevant deaths as usual. Try harder Horikoshit.
Dec 28, 2020 8:43 AM
Jul 2018
What the actual fuck, Horikoshi, I don't even remember what killed Midnight.
Dec 28, 2020 8:46 AM

Apr 2014
Wait so did ya'll want deaths in this series or nah?
Dec 28, 2020 9:25 AM

Jun 2017
At least someone died on the good guy side despite them mostly being scrubs. It's something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dec 28, 2020 11:40 AM
May 2018
I think I would have preferred this epilogue at least for one more chapter before going to the prison arc (and I called it AFO wants to free his body), I like many of the things here, but they are happening way too fast to set the tone right, the layout make it seems like it's all the same day (and what a long day, not gonna lie). Like there's already rumours about the news of Endevour when the heroes are still saving people?
Fabrizio00Dec 28, 2020 11:45 AM
Dec 28, 2020 11:46 AM
Apr 2020
I don’t even know what to say because I can’t stop crying like holy-
I won’t say anything cause I know I’ll break down again other than...
WHERE IS SHOTO?!? HUH?!
Dec 28, 2020 11:47 AM
Apr 2020
Hatrask said:
What the actual fuck, Horikoshi, I don't even remember what killed Midnight.

Giga- uuuhm I don’t know how to spell the name WHOOPS but the giant mechia stepped on her....
Dec 28, 2020 12:20 PM

Oct 2019
Useless Fact but the Hero from the stain arc named "Native" died as well....
Dec 28, 2020 12:22 PM

Jul 2020
Slimcoder said:
Scordolo said:

Well the former is a main character with his own ongoing character arc and the latter 2 still have to resolve things with Dabi. Hell either Shouto or Endeavor dying would just be a massive waste of the characters since that would mean they don't have to deal with the repercussions caused by Dabi, especially Endeavour as now his abuse of his family is public knowledge.

That makes sense actually.Bakugou or Todoroki didn't actually got real development to kill them off.
Shoko664 said:
Useless Fact but no only Midnight but also the Hero from the stain arc named "Native" died as well....

Who tf is Native lol?

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 28, 2020 1:25 PM
Apr 2019
THIS CHAPTER ABSOLUTELY WRECKED ME
Dec 28, 2020 4:18 PM
Dec 2020
I like how we can get a final look at the outcome of this war. Midnight is a loved character and it's heartbreaking to see her die. Rest in peace Midnight. 😭
I am seriously wondering what path the story is going to take because it's definitely going to change. It seems like All for one is planning to escape Tartarus which is bad. Hopefully, the next arc will be a bit calmer but still good.

I swear I am going to be crying so much once the villain and war arc (especially the war arc) come out in the anime. It'll be even sadder than when reading it.
Dec 28, 2020 5:06 PM

Mar 2015
why the dead in this series felt soo cheap and lack of impact? i feel more bad about aizawa.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 28, 2020 8:32 PM

Dec 2020
i_m_a_con_man said:
People are starting to doubt heroes, especially Endeavor who was trying to atone for his sin.

Which is what he deserves. I always thought he deserved more consequences than just suddenly wanting to change, more or less.

I can understand people feeling like the deaths are cheap, but I honestly enjoyed this chapter. More than the last one. It didn't really make me emotional at all (as in sad or having an aching pain in the gut), but I like seeing the aftermath so far.

MiiyoSon said:

They wanted more meaningful deaths. I thought that was obvious? The only ones so far were Twice, and to a lesser extent due to how it was executed in their views, Midnight. Everyone else, Crust included, didn't leave much of an impact to these people. You can't show that many characters and people in the series will potentially/definitely be killed as something of a huge deal if almost none of the ones that were developed for readers to have an emotional attachment towards were even killed at the end. Readers don't just ask for people to die, because that's everywhere, even in shounen. They ask for meaningful deaths.

So if they can't do that, they should show how much the consequences would affect the characters that were developed, which is what I'm seeing here and is what I'm enjoying so far, but I can still understand how there are people expressing disappointment when it comes to the deaths themselves.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeJan 25, 2021 9:13 AM
Dec 29, 2020 1:59 AM

Mar 2018
Starting by what I liked.

Yay Prison Break is happening, wonder what AFO plans to do after he gets out tho.

That spread with the hero thinking about changing his job is amazing, the weight behind it is HUGE and Ochaco's face sells it really well. Also, the reactions to Midnight's death is incredibly sad, especially because it's the two most "positive" student who are emotionnaly devastated.

And that's about it. Now about that page of the heroes who died.

No, this doesn't work. You can't expect me to care about all those random heroes who died offscreen when there were a shittone of characters that coud have been there and that would have made the war feel like a fucking war.

Are you realizing that the biggest emotionnal casualty here is fucking Midnight ?! Like, I liked her a lot, she was a reminiscent character so we knew her and her death impacts us at least a bit.

But why was she offscreened ? She didn't deserve the screentime ? Just like Eri ? Horikoshi, I want to care, probably more than anyone, but you're giving me nothing to care about.

Injured heroes ? Yeah on that part it looks like you did your job, but come ON you could have given us so much more. Pixie Bob ? Mount Lady ? Fatgum ? SunEater ? You had SO many choices because you're good at creating lovable characters and you put them all in this nightmare situation and only ONE actual character is killed ? How's it even believable from a realistic standpoint ?!

And i'm saying this right now but there COULD be more death incoming, especially Gran Torino, who should already be dead let's be real a 70 yo dwarf shouldn't be able to take this much and survive. But WHY making this kind of panel if you just end up adding heroes afterwards, and with so few people we actually care about, this is what's making me belive that there won't be much more emotionnal casualties.

So yeah, the arc was already on a light 8, but now it's leaning towards the 7 just for the clear dissonance between the characters involved and the actual casualties.
Dec 29, 2020 2:48 AM
Aug 2018
Why people are so bloodlusted? I dont think the page of heroes dead aside midnight was meant to make you emotional. Just to make you understand that many heroes died in this fight.

Midnight death was handled well too in my opinion. We saw her encourging her students before her last moments and the students finding her body was really sad.

Gran Torino will likely kick the bucket too but many people have died. The sight of heroes losing faith and utter destruction and suffering of civilians...i think it was really good.
Dec 29, 2020 5:21 AM

Oct 2017
Wait dang Midnight's really dead??? DAMN.

The heroes are crushed yet again, without allmight they really are suffering still.
Dec 29, 2020 5:32 AM
May 2018
GreenNet said:
Midnight death was handled well too in my opinion. We saw her encourging her students before her last moments and the students finding her body was really sad.

Gran Torino will likely kick the bucket too but many people have died. The sight of heroes losing faith and utter destruction and suffering of civilians...i think it was really good.

Midnight's case would have worked better if it showed her fight, not many people remember that panel in which the villains where closing on her because it was just one panel, it didn't show her fight, and all the cases she's in something related to a fight it just using her quirk to put to sleep.

As I said in my comment above this is just one chapter in which they throw us the death heroes, some panels of the rumours of Endevour, Uravity wanting to save people right there with that hero who feels helpless and teased you of the prison and jeez, you are not given time to process all the information that are just some one or three pages long. the case about the deaths shouldn't be more long so it has more weight? And even if Gran Torino dies, why do it after you tell us the list of the dead? He's so important that he actually gets his death showed? Why?
Dec 29, 2020 5:59 AM

Dec 2020
GreenNet said:
Why people are so bloodlusted? I dont think the page of heroes dead aside midnight was meant to make you emotional. Just to make you understand that many heroes died in this fight.

Which is the problem that they are expressing about.
Dec 29, 2020 7:04 AM
Aug 2018
Fabrizio00 said:
GreenNet said:

Midnight's case would have worked better if it showed her fight, not many people remember that panel in which the villains where closing on her because it was just one panel, it didn't show her fight, and all the cases she's in something related to a fight it just using her quirk to put to sleep.

As I said in my comment above this is just one chapter in which they throw us the death heroes, some panels of the rumours of Endevour, Uravity wanting to save people right there with that hero who feels helpless and teased you of the prison and jeez, you are not given time to process all the information that are just some one or three pages long. the case about the deaths shouldn't be more long so it has more weight? And even if Gran Torino dies, why do it after you tell us the list of the dead? He's so important that he actually gets his death showed? Why?

She fights putting to sleep people. That is literally her style of fighting and it was always that. Considering heroes are not about using lethal force, it makes sense?

And people forgetting about shit is their own fault. It was fresh in my mind and it was midnight leaving her job to momo and facing the villains alone.

And i don't think the pacing was bad at all. The chapter was about despair. So we know certain heroes died, some might quit and devastation all around. The pacing was completely fine. I never felt like we were going too fast here.

You can make an argument about Mirio back than (which was crap) but all of this is happening during one day so yes, it's a lot to take in just like in-universe.
The rumors spreading is in real time, not after a fee days or so.

And AFO decision is smart. Why should you wait for the heroes to stand up again? Kick them while they are down.

MiniatureMe said:
GreenNet said:

MiniatureMe said:
GreenNet said:

I was emotional for midnight. The rest of the deaths is to show that many heroes died and that is going to weaken society as a whole even more.
Which exactly what is happening in the plot since the USJ arc. I think it was well done.

anime-primeJan 25, 2021 9:14 AM
Dec 29, 2020 7:38 AM
May 2018
GreenNet said:
She fights putting to sleep people. That is literally her style of fighting and it was always that. Considering heroes are not about using lethal force, it makes sense?

And people forgetting about shit is their own fault. It was fresh in my mind and it was midnight leaving her job to momo and facing the villains alone.

And i don't think the pacing was bad at all. The chapter was about despair. So we know certain heroes died, some might quit and devastation all around. The pacing was completely fine. I never felt like we were going too fast here.

You can make an argument about Mirio back than (which was crap) but all of this is happening during one day so yes, it's a lot to take in just like in-universe.

And AFO decision is smart. Why should you wait for the heroes to stand up again? Kick them while they are down.

My problem wasn't that she puts people to sleep, it's the only thing she does, she has never had a plain fight, don't be surprised not all people are fond of her when only her facet as a teacher is the most memorable of her and even then people perhaps still prefer Aizawa.

Yes, she was facing the villains alone, but why not show it? It was probably the last chance to see her fight for real and it was wasted, like most of the female cast in here.

I'm actually all for it for AFO plan, what do you mean?
Dec 29, 2020 8:33 AM

Apr 2014
MiniatureMe said:
MiiyoSon said:

They wanted more meaningful deaths. I thought that was obvious? The only ones so far were Twice, and to a lesser extent due to how it was executed in their views, Midnight. Everyone else, Crust included, didn't leave much of an impact to these people. You can't show that many characters and people in the series will potentially/definitely be killed as something of a huge deal if almost none of the ones that were developed for readers to have an emotional attachment towards were even killed at the end. Readers don't just ask for people to die, because that's everywhere, even in shounen. They ask for meaningful deaths.

So if they can't do that, they should show how much the consequences would affect the characters that were developed, which is what I'm seeing here and is what I'm enjoying so far, but I can still understand how there are people expressing disappointment when it comes to the deaths themselves.

That's what I like about MHA too. They handle the aftermath of fights really well.
But sometimes when I pop by in these forum, one of the first things I see is people wanting some major death to happen in this series. Well we got at least two major deaths out of this arc (Not to mention that some of these heroes are possibly not even going to be able continue hero work) and we still bitch and moan?

Alright man. To each their own I suppose.
Dec 29, 2020 9:15 AM

Dec 2020
GreenNet said:
I was emotional for midnight. The rest of the deaths is to show that many heroes died and that is going to weaken society as a whole even more.
Which exactly what is happening in the plot since the USJ arc. I think it was well done.

Basically you just reconfirmed that the others are, more or less, filler. That's what they have a problem with. I mean, I'm overall liking the aftermath so far. I LOVE the emotions emitting from many of the characters so far within the aftermath of it all, excuse my sadistic self, but I'm seeing both sides here.

You can be emotional about Midnight, but the fact that she is the only hero that actually mattered that have died since she is the only one that actually developed as a character is also a problem with what they are expressing. There are a chunk of characters as pro heroes that are actually characters or that have had a nice amount of impact or focus that have fought in this war and are in some of the worst conditions I've seen characters be in this series so far, and this includes the students, yet the fact that only one died had them disappointed, because the others are basically filler, to fill in the spots for any more of the ones that mattered that definitely could have died as well. They're toss-aways.

Since this went with the plan B that I stated, which is going with how much these results are affecting the character that do matter emotionally, I'm fine with how was handled, but yeah.

MiiyoSon said:

That's what I like about MHA too. They handle the aftermath of fights really well.
But sometimes when I pop by in these forum, one of the first things I see is people wanting some major death to happen in this series. Well we got at least two major deaths out of this arc (Not to mention that some of these heroes are possibly not even going to be able continue hero work) and we still bitch and moan?

Well, when you present such a huge war (more or less) and have all of these major hero or impactful hero characters participating, while bringing them into very dire conditions as we've seen with a lot of them, yet only have one hero that actually matter die with the rest inserted suddenly, it's going to turn heads.

But yes, the aftermath is so good to me. This is the best I'm seeing so far, and I hope it gets better. There may be flaws, but I'm loving this so far. I'm looking like a loon atm because this was what I was waiting for. The tragic emotions. The despair. The characters' faces when seeing and hearing the cries, agony, and deaths. Oh, I love it so much. lol

anime-primeJan 25, 2021 9:15 AM
Dec 29, 2020 9:39 AM
Aug 2018
Fabrizio00 said:
GreenNet said:

My problem wasn't that she puts people to sleep, it's the only thing she does, she has never had a plain fight, don't be surprised not all people are fond of her when only her facet as a teacher is the most memorable of her and even then people perhaps still prefer Aizawa.

Yes, she was facing the villains alone, but why not show it? It was probably the last chance to see her fight for real and it was wasted, like most of the female cast in here.

I'm actually all for it for AFO plan, what do you mean?

But that is literally her style of fighting plus a whip. They did not show it because likely she did not put much of a fight. She was alonr against people with masks and without weapons...so you can imagine.

To show her fiery in her last moments and then show her body found by the students is a fine way to go about. Let's not get into the whole female characters territory since I never agree with this.

But if you did not liked it fair enough. I was satisfied with what we saw.

MiniatureMe said:
MiiyoSon said:

Well, when you present such a huge war (more or less) and have all of these major hero or impactful hero characters participating, while bringing them into very dire conditions as we've seen with a lot of them, yet only have one hero that actually matter die with the rest inserted suddenly, it's going to turn heads.

But yes, the aftermath is so good to me. This is the best I'm seeing so far, and I hope it gets better. There may be flaws, but I'm loving this so far. I'm looking like a loon atm because this was what I was waiting for. The tragic emotions. The despair. The characters' faces when seeing and hearing the cries, agony, and deaths. Oh, I love it so much. lol

Well only one villain that actually matters died too.
And i think its way too soon to kill students.

If Gran Torino dies (andi think he will) the war had more than enough. Civilians died, many filler backgroundish heroes died and two big names that matter for the students. Mha is pretty lighthearted, its not Chainsaw Man.

Many other shonen dont even kill civilians.

anime-primeJan 25, 2021 9:15 AM
Dec 29, 2020 10:35 AM

Mar 2018
GreenNet said:
MiniatureMe said:

If Gran Torino dies (andi think he will) the war had more than enough. Civilians died, many filler backgroundish heroes died and two big names that matter for the students. Mha is pretty lighthearted, its not Chainsaw Man.

Twice was one of the best characters in the series, when he died we were expecting one hero death to balance things out. And no, even combined, Gran Torino and Midnight are far from being enough.

And also, Gran Torino isn't a big name for anyone but Deku, the other students had Midnight and that's it, if Aizawa died than that'd have been "more than enough" like you said.

I don't see how MHA not being Chainsawman is an excuse for not having realistic casualties for an all out war.
Dec 29, 2020 10:55 AM

Dec 2020
GreenNet said:

But we're talking about heroes here, not the villains. Besides, many already expressed how much they disliked that many of the villains, Shigaraki especially, escaped, and it was already expressed regarding meaningful deaths in general that Twice was the only one that truly held much weight since Midnight's could have been executed much better.

You don't have to kill students, but many of the pro-heroes participated in a type of war, and these are the ones who are actual characters or have had impact, were in life and death situations, and were in some of the most dire states any hero has ever been in this series before, yet only one of them that even mattered actually died with the rest being filler. That's definitely going to turn heads.

If Gran Torino does die (which I doubt), then hey, that'd be good... for me at least. I get to see more emotional impact, but I don't think anyone is asking for anything like Chainsaw Man. I don't know how that series does it since I never read it, but I imagine that this is exaggerating, and killing off civilians in shounen, even in lighter-hearted ones, is actually nothing new or even that rare.
MiniatureMeDec 29, 2020 12:32 PM
Dec 29, 2020 5:17 PM
Apr 2020
I do agree that this chapter was sad and I know it will be even sadder in the anime for season 5. I feel bad for Aizawa and Mic as they lost Midnight, of their best friends and a great hero. I do worry about Deku's mom because I feel like if she saw her son after the battle. She would have either a stroke or heart attack, see as how stress affects her body whenever Deku goes out. The Japanese society I feel will definitely blame UA and the Heroes for this destruction, losing hope in their society now. I feel that everyone in UA now understand the risks it takes to become a hero and how this can affect you mentally and physically.

R.I.P Midnight
Dec 29, 2020 7:41 PM

Apr 2014
MiniatureMe said:

I guess but like you I'm more interested in the aftermath than who immediately died during this war. It sucks that Midnight died because I really liked her as a character and a teacher to the students but at the same time there's also a lot of heroes in critical condition that either may die later, may not be the same hero they once were (including Deku and Kacchan), or 2nd worst case scenario to dying, they won't be able to continue their work as a hero. There is a lot here to be invested in but seeing a good chunk of the forum seemingly just focus more on the immediate body count of major characters...yeah I'm not of the same mindset personally especially when they get what they wanted.

MHA has never been that type of series to me but I maybe be in the minority so like I said before; to each their own.
Dec 29, 2020 9:50 PM

Dec 2020
MiiyoSon said:
I guess but like you I'm more interested in the aftermath than who immediately died during this war. It sucks that Midnight died because I really liked her as a character and a teacher to the students but at the same time there's also a lot of heroes in critical condition that either may die later, may not be the same hero they once were (including Deku and Kacchan), or 2nd worst case scenario to dying, they won't be able to continue their work as a hero. There is a lot here to be invested in but seeing a good chunk of the forum seemingly just focus more on the immediate body count of major characters...yeah I'm not of the same mindset personally especially when they get what they wanted.

MHA has never been that type of series to me but I maybe be in the minority so like I said before; to each their own.

Yes, I feel the exact same way. I'm much more into the emotional impact and the heavy effects the setting of this series will have in the aftermath itself than the actual body count. I could care less about how many dies, even though I can see why others would be disappointed. Let's say that even none of the heroes have died. That would... obviously have turned heads even more, but for the destruction and damages made with the reputations of two of the top heroes being attacked gravely, as long as the consequences, reactions, emotions emitted, and how much it will affect how the society goes from then forth plays out well or remains strong, I'd still be very satisfied. But to see Midnight die and especially how the characters reacted to her death, in a surrounding setting of civilians in such agony and despair, it feels me with glee.

You know, for a moment, this arc to me was getting rather stale, but it's getting back into the top spot for me due to the emotions emitted from the aftermath. It's absolutely delicious. lol
Dec 30, 2020 12:38 AM
Nov 2019
Scordolo said:
Slimcoder said:

"Should've" lmao! Are you saying you know better than the writer himself??! Just bcuz it didn't go the way you wanted it to, doesn't mean it's bad writing! Hori has come this far am sure he knows what he is doing. Take a seat lmao
Dec 30, 2020 12:48 AM

Jul 2020
MersD said:
Scordolo said:

"Should've" lmao! Are you saying you know better than the writer himself??! Just bcuz it didn't go the way you wanted it to, doesn't mean it's bad writing! Hori has come this far am sure he knows what he is doing. Take a seat lmao

Bruh I didn't said anything about bad writing.Also I understand now that those characters didn't got any significant development it would be wrong just to kill them off.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 30, 2020 1:02 AM
Nov 2019
Scordolo said:
MersD said:

Bruh I didn't said anything about bad writing.Also I understand now that those characters didn't got any significant development it would be wrong just to kill them off.

It's the "should've" made it seems like you didn't understand that one of them dying there makes zero sense with everything that's going on. But seems like you do now.
Dec 30, 2020 1:40 AM

Mar 2018
Seeing some of y'all being so sure about more deaths in the next chapters is gonna be funny af if there are none.

Btw, I'm already counting Gran Torino on the casualty list, so if he dies next chapter that wouldn't change anything at all, and if he DOESN'T die than oh boi lmao
Dec 30, 2020 1:43 AM

Jul 2020
Florent3571 said:
Seeing some of y'all being so sure about more deaths in the next chapters is gonna be funny af if there are none.

Btw, I'm already counting Gran Torino on the casualty list, so if he dies next chapter that wouldn't change anything at all, and if he DOESN'T die than oh boi lmao

I don't think they'll be more deaths in the next chapter.They would've died in this chapter itself.I don't think that Gran torino or Mirko or any characters that are hospitalized would die.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 30, 2020 1:58 AM

Mar 2018
Scordolo said:
Florent3571 said:

I don't think they'll be more deaths in the next chapter.They would've died in this chapter itself.I don't think that Gran torino or Mirko or any characters that are hospitalized would die.

Gran Torino not dying would be the single most ridiculous thing to ever happen in the series. Like I don't see how ANYONE could seriously defend that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

7 by landofthekwt »»
57 seconds ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 10, 2023

53 by tmsmnrq »»
Apr 19, 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.