Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2020 1:43 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, we got some look and start of the new arc with these new faces.

Kara is no joke and an organizaton not to mess with. Just glad that they are making it over to the anime side from the manga.
Dec 20, 2020 1:51 AM

Jul 2015
Got a bad feeling on Boruto's dad not breaking his promise on ass whooping Boruto...erhm.. hand-to-hand combat with Boruto, considering the decrepit geezer Victor and his squad are on the move with their vessel thingy
UnkrownedDec 28, 2020 1:17 PM

Dec 20, 2020 2:18 AM

Jun 2014
Victor's plan has now gone to shit and the airship is about to crash. It's nice to see the anime adapting manga content and even expanding on it to make sense of things that were never really highlighted with a formal explanation/introduction, but it looks like that might be put on hold next episode. I guess we're getting Mugino's backstory. But hey, we get to see the 3rd Hokage again so that'll be a treat.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 20, 2020 2:20 AM

Jan 2020
That new villanous OST is just like the child version of Akatsuki's theme OST.
Dec 20, 2020 2:48 AM
Aug 2020
So finally fillers are finished and epi 179 was very good I am thinking positive for the anime and manga also
Dec 20, 2020 3:53 AM

Oct 2017
A prologue episode for the new arc, it was decent. New blonde girl is cute.
Dec 20, 2020 6:58 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hah! Victor looked pretty persistent at these episode with his whole scheme. He didn't know someone already watching his back from the beginning xd.

Thats big airship, tho. Its looked great when its animated. Delta and amado first appearance were nice too. Man, her appearance already quite annoying for me. But its suited well with her intimidating personality. While Amado, well, his calm direction personality here already awakened my cautious over his existence. His voice actor was pretty much suit well with his overall personality, so far, together with the amazing voice acting by Kenjirou. Such a shame, Boro and Code were still absent from their first appearance. Well, as expected from the source material contents. My anticipation is well tributed, there xd.

Okay. Back to the episode. So, Jigen was the first one that gave the order to move the vessel to the test place. While, Victor, cunningly rebutted the conversation to gave his own scheme as vessel's transportation. A little flashback by Boruto that supposed to be a remainder, his karma still acted as a main deal for this arc too. They already mentioned about sparring with Naruto, which was good to seen later.

In short, Victor plan failed as the airship slowly decreasing its altitude and some place was burning up, there. Whose the real scheme that involved there? A cliffhanger ....

Well, it seemed Mugino will get a last role at the few episodes later. Its nice to see him get a little flashback at the next episode. So, lets see it!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 20, 2020 7:17 AM

Feb 2013
I want to see who is inside the box!
Dec 20, 2020 8:09 AM
Jan 2018
Randomega said:
Does anyone know the name of it?
Dec 20, 2020 8:12 AM

Jul 2019
I'm free from manga spoilers so this seems exciting
Dec 20, 2020 8:32 AM

Jul 2017
Sad after reading the latest manga chapter, but over there in anime finally we entered a new arc, finally featuring Kara. Amazing stuff.
Dec 20, 2020 2:12 PM

Apr 2012
Yeees I'm so hyped we are finally at the Kara arc. Jigen's voice is perfect, not exactly how I imagined it to be but works pretty well for me.
Dec 20, 2020 3:45 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Good episode. The new creepy Kara OST is very good.
It looks like Naruto's promise is probably not gonna be fulfilled this time around. Scary.
Dec 20, 2020 6:35 PM

Nov 2016
Since the anime is getting closer to the manga, prepare yourselves Boruto watchers, this is going to be full of Narutards that won't understand anything just because "the filler" wasn't in the manga.

Imagine starting the anime from this point, someone that hasn't read the manga would be "who's jigen" "who's amado" "who's viktor" "who's mugino" lmao, so fuckin glad that they made all the last arc fillers worth of the missing manga.
Dec 20, 2020 11:37 PM

Feb 2019
New chapter and Kara introduced in the anime finally. Man Boruto really about to turn it up in terms of quality. It’s been far too long since we got manga stuff, but I’m just glad it’s finally here. Hopefully this shuts some of the haters up.

Also, my baby Delta looking like a full meal 🤤. Tsuda Kenjirō is great as Jigen too
Dec 20, 2020 11:53 PM

Jun 2019
Delta is finally here. Also, Jigen is cool.
Dec 21, 2020 8:02 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Isn't anyone else gonna question the weird Minecraft-esque portal from the beginning? I surely wasn't expecting that.

Nevertheless, it was a good episode.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 21, 2020 9:38 AM
Oct 2019
Yes... It's finally here...
So in this episode it got explained why and what the purpose of that blimp...
Because in the manga they just skip ahead...

I like this, expanding and building up a proper introduction...

I love the fact that Amado is voice by Ootsuka san (Thorkell - Vinland Saga) and also Jigen by Tsuda Kenjirou (Overhaul - MHA)
Both of them suit well to the characters...
Delta voice is good to, it sounds like what I'm imagined... Still doesn't know her VA..

I love this New Kara Theme Song...

Next week Mujino backstory possible???
Dec 21, 2020 9:39 AM
Oct 2019
rasterman7 said:
Isn't anyone else gonna question the weird Minecraft-esque portal from the beginning? I surely wasn't expecting that.

Nevertheless, it was a good episode.

It's called Nether Portal in Minecraft 😂
Yeah i can see that...
Dec 21, 2020 7:29 PM
Oct 2015
Marinate1016 said:
New chapter and Kara introduced in the anime finally. Man Boruto really about to turn it up in terms of quality. It’s been far too long since we got manga stuff, but I’m just glad it’s finally here. Hopefully this shuts some of the haters up.

The anime is best when Boruto isn't on the screen. Everyone else in the cast is more interesting then Boreuto.
Dec 21, 2020 9:16 PM
Oct 2020
achei ela uma ost medonha
Dec 22, 2020 5:24 PM
Nov 2020
Ulquiorra said:
I want to see who is inside the box!
My best guess is that its kawaki
Dec 23, 2020 8:41 AM

Mar 2020
Victor is still alive, but thanks to him we met some members of Kara. This scene from Boruto and Naruto was good.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Dec 24, 2020 7:07 PM

Apr 2015
I don't have much experience with it, but is this how it is when you see a manga character animated with less than the care you think he should have? Regarding Amado, there were a couple times I thought he was fine, but there were TOO MANY scenes that I thought didn't give him the coolness he frickin' deserves. I flashed back to my childhood and almost yelled, "YOOOO, JOE!!!" out loud.
Dec 25, 2020 6:54 AM

Oct 2008
i have to nit-pick about something: they already have USB ports? what the!? and not only that...they have a hologram screen!?!? omg!
nice episode! they are showing that these new villains are serious and a real threat!
5/5.

Dec 25, 2020 7:22 AM

Sep 2019
Finally the canon arc is starting.
Dec 25, 2020 5:06 PM

Jul 2014
It's nice to have canon start for a little bit.
Dec 28, 2020 5:51 AM
Nov 2014
Reapermask said:
Got a bad feeling on Boruto's dad <b>not</b> breaking his promise on ass whooping Boruto...erhm.. hand-to-hand combat with Boruto, considering the decrepit geezer Victor and his squad are on the move with their vessel thingy

Seconded! I knew it was suspicious that everyone was perfectly happy at the Hokage's office. That's 100% a death flag, or at least in Boruto a 'stuff-is-about-to-go-down flag'. This should be good. It's good to see more faces of the mysterious organisation though.

P.S. I'm surprised someone didn't catch and kill Victor while be was being super shady in this episode
Jan 3, 2021 4:43 AM

Aug 2017
Kara has access to alot of advance technology.

That Delta girl seems to be a tsundere XDXD!!!

Boruto and Naruto are gonna spar soon...it'd be interesting.

This Arc really seems interesting .

Jan 3, 2021 6:05 AM

Jul 2013
So happy to see canon manga content get animated.

Kara all look cool.
Jan 3, 2021 7:25 AM
Dec 2020
Randomega said:
lol child version is too kind. Is like they took the Akatsuki's theme and removed everything mysterious and cool about it. And after that they made it sound horrible, like ok they didnt go for a mysterious and scary theme and tried a different approach but at least they could do one that sounds good. A bad theme like this makes it really hard to look up at Kara like a real threat.
Jan 11, 2021 3:22 AM

May 2014
Victor, you old fool.
Nov 27, 2021 12:39 PM
May 2021
Somehow I don't like the Kara theme song. I can't take it serious. Akatsuki theme gives me goosebumps every time
Jan 19, 11:17 AM

Jan 2016
Okay, still don't understand the roman numerals and stuff. Deepa was a VII, Victor is a V, Delta and Amado I failed to see, Code and Boro we have not seen yet, Jigen is the highest level we have seen in The Kara and is a IV, based on opening, the vessel might be a IV. Boruto and Jigen have same diamond mark, I have only seen Boruto, Jigen, Delta with a mark so far.

Victor is rogue, but apparently Vessel is also doing it's own thing and dropping in vicinity of Konoha. Vessel is only in Stage 3 and based on that diagram, they have 5 stages. Testing prior to stage 4 is indeed concerning, but let's see what happens.

Strange Sarada is making sound like Boruto can't fight Naruto, when she literally hand-to-hand combat Sakura. Regardless, they need this and to keep training!!!

Kara seems really chill and is kind of confusing what their objective is and their relation to Otsutsuki. They seem to think chakra fruit is beneath them, but also seem to be really chill with each other. So many questions, that the vessel likely cannot answer.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.