Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]
Jan 30, 2022 12:58 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Good grief, what o you even call Roswaal now.
Jun 18, 2022 4:50 PM
Jan 2022
This is definitely one of the best episodes of the season so far, that ending was terrifying. Seeing Emelia go insane? was just disturbing.

I think the next Return by Death should be the last of part 1. He should have enough infomation now.
Jul 10, 2022 3:37 PM

Feb 2018
Roswaal's a wild one alright :P What a good, messed up episode this one was lol
Jul 17, 2022 7:52 AM

Apr 2013
Very confusing episode, so Beatrice and Roswaal were similar entities and now gone for good? So they basically existed outside of the timeline which Subaru is repeating after dying. Really waiting to get some answers to all these questions piling up in future episodes.
Jul 17, 2022 9:51 AM

Jul 2014
Gator said:
Very confusing episode, so Beatrice and Roswaal were similar entities and now gone for good? So they basically existed outside of the timeline which Subaru is repeating after dying. Really waiting to get some answers to all these questions piling up in future episodes.
Neither Roswaal nor Beatrice exist outside of the timeline. Roswaal might remember what was in the Tome before Subaru used RBD, but does not know what happened in the previous timelines.

Beatrice and Roswaal are not similar entities either. Beatrice is a great spirit and Roswaal is... hmm... without any spoilers I can say you will learn more about Roswaal in Part 2.
Jul 17, 2022 11:43 AM

Apr 2013
mozgow said:
Gator said:
Neither Roswaal nor Beatrice exist outside of the timeline. Roswaal might remember what was in the Tome before Subaru used RBD, but does not know what happened in the previous timelines.

Beatrice and Roswaal are not similar entities either. Beatrice is a great spirit and Roswaal is... hmm... without any spoilers I can say you will learn more about Roswaal in Part 2.

And here I thought I finally understood something xD Guess I'll have to wait and see in part 2 then.
Oct 15, 2022 8:08 PM

Aug 2021
very brutal episode. lot's of great stuff with the plot progression too. some things are still somewhat confusing but all will be answered soon. i really like the broken emilia character, very creepy and the scene at the end was just so good from the shots to the dialogue. really great stuff
Nov 7, 2022 8:38 AM

Apr 2021
Okay what did I just watch? I'm used to the brutal scenes now but this episode felt kinda confusing. Anyways in the end I have no clue what Roswaal is thinking nor do I know what Subaru's gonna do. Moving on to the next episode then.
Dec 9, 2022 9:22 PM

Feb 2013
Holy crap…I have no words. That was such an emotional roller coaster. I waited a long time to watch this season because I wasn’t ready…like…emotionally ready…glad I waited, but also so sad that I didn’t watch it earlier…I think this might be better than the first season, and I thought the first season was a masterpiece.
Jan 6, 2023 10:33 PM

Nov 2018
Corny drama just for the sake of drama. Can this damn character do a logical thing for once? Choice-based games are not suited for this protagonist, he is just a drama seeker, really.
I hate everyone equally
Jan 6, 2023 10:35 PM

Nov 2018
Let's just talk it out while crazy assasin is in the mansion looking to kill us. Yeah, sure, why not? It's not like we could get rid of her first,right?
I hate everyone equally
Mar 1, 2023 8:17 PM
Feb 2021
I really hope Roswall had a cool goal because I think he's a pretty lit dude. I really don't know how Subaru gets outta this one, personally I'd just have to gtfo
Mar 30, 2023 1:01 PM

Jan 2023
damn emilia broke

Apr 27, 2023 10:37 AM

Nov 2017
Well that was messed up. Definitely a 'haunted' ep here. Subaru is really stuck in the miasma right now, hopefully he can get out of it. 
Jul 8, 2023 6:13 PM

Jul 2013
Will there ever be a time when it's Subaru and his friends are on the offensive? Like they're the ones dominating their enemies? Cause ever since the beginning it's always Subaru and anyone who's friends or ally with him are the ones running away, getting their fucking limbs chopped off, or dying in a gnarly way. Subaru's resurrection power and any and all powers he's got/ will get are just enough to keep this annoying cycle over and over again. He's barely winning if you can even count his accomplishments as a win. Why not some powers to shoot lasers out of his eyes like superman huh? Add some fucking variation ffs. Let's face it, if he didn't resurrect, all of them would have died a long time ago and it's so fucking unfair.
Jul 26, 2023 1:32 AM
Jul 2021
Rabbits are cute and fluffy they say .... RE Zero S2 hold my ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿ˜

Also we're this deep into the story and still every time someone dies off Subaru will cry and scream, as if he never saw them die before and make himself look pathetic. So the audience will get annoyed by him thinking "Do something instead of just crying and screaming Subaru". I'm kinda pissed off right now. 
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Aug 13, 2023 11:58 AM
Apr 2023
One of the best episodes of the entire Seires till now
Aug 25, 2023 6:07 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
NAILED IT.
This adaptation is doing everything right, the last scene was soo creepy on the LN, gotta be one of my favorites, their first kiss, tasted cold like death, at least they keep the name on the title of the episode to play right with that.

There is no need to address the rest since it was probably already done so, beautifully done, superb White Fox.
Aug 25, 2023 12:17 PM
Jan 2023
Until the end of the episode, I thought Emilia was possessed by The Witch of Envy. Just turns out that she lost her mind, perhaps this is just events repeating themselves, maybe Emilia and Satella are the same, and Satella is what will become of Emilia.

Seems Roswaal is most certainly the enemy here, and he definitely knows about return by death and is weaponizing it. Perhaps he was even the one to hire Elsa.

Beatrice also ended up dying, but not before teleporting Subaru back to the Sanctuary. That could be useful knowledge for later.
Sep 16, 2023 9:47 AM
Jul 2021
& I thought nothing could top subaru getting his eye cut off. Roswall, that bastard really is an opp. the most wtf ep so far
Oct 14, 2023 6:04 AM

Oct 2022
So she's a spirit, I thought she was one of the witches because she seemed like she knew Sloth.. anyway, I wonder if Subaru is going to make a contract with her, that would ease his life a lot I suppose..
Nov 16, 2023 3:43 PM
Oct 2023
wow Beatrice waiting for a certain someone for 400 years and being a spirit is just sad. i totally understand that she wants to die. Roswaal is just totally nuts an anti hero you could say.and the end was just fucking crazy, Subaru dying in Emilias (well not the emilia we like) lap and painfully dying.really a great episode.
Nov 27, 2023 12:03 PM

Dec 2022
I should take back what I said about Wilhelm being the worst character in this anime, since Elsa has now usurped that title. It's one thing to have no motive or reason for existing besides materialising randomly as a convenient plot device to kill off everyone and reset Subaru, but that instant inexplicable resurrection followed by backstabbing Beatrice after she was completely obliterated is the most contrived event I've seen so far. Elsa seemingly has no narrative relevance to speak of, and was only written into the series to induce cheap, superficial thrills and artificial dread without any coherent justification for her continued presence.

๏ฝฒไน‡ๅˆ€ไน‡ไนƒๅฐบ๏พ‘ไน‡
ใŠŽ ใŠฐ
โ˜ฝ Shaded Horizon โ˜พ

Mar 8, 6:31 AM
Jun 2016
Just wonderful...
Apr 11, 8:41 PM
Jan 2021
YAY I LOVE STUDIO WHITE FOX! SO GOOD EPISIDEO! VERY PEAK! VERY AWESOME! THANK YOU!
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

505 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 2, 2020

516 by titty »»
Apr 11, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

672 by chiwila »»
Apr 9, 9:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.