Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 8, 2020 6:33 PM

Oct 2019

When I checked earliar in the morning after I heard the news the counter till the next chapter was still there, now its completely gone but still there for the other manga.

R.I.P. to an incredible series, to bad the author had to be such a scumbag. Even though I love the series, I'm planning on making my final score a 1/10.

Edit 8/10: I've decided to make my final score a 7/10 after careful consideration
DillonAAug 10, 2020 5:33 PM
Aria is the greatest manga of all time
Aug 8, 2020 6:47 PM

May 2015
You know it's possible to like the series while also condemning his actions right?

Aug 8, 2020 6:50 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Why can't people judge a work solely based on its own merits and demerits? Even if my favorite work was penned by Hitler, it would still be my favorite work.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Aug 8, 2020 6:53 PM

Sep 2017
"I'm planning on making my final score a 1/10"
-OMG how valiant.

I think you get the point, I second #3

Aug 8, 2020 6:59 PM

Oct 2019
ElneFasto said:
"I'm planning on making my final score a 1/10"
-OMG how valiant.

I think you get the point, I second #3

KoyomiShinobu said:
"Even though I love the series, I'm planning on making my final score a 1/10"

Why?

Don’t mistake me for some twitter warrior, act age was my only 10/10 manga. I’m giving act-age a 1/10 because the journey and the sum of its parts lead to absolutely nothing. It’s like you climb Mount Everest, you’re one day of climbing from the peak and one day you just decide to have a chopper pick you up. What was the point of everything up till now then, aside from that I also like thinking about what the manga could’ve been. The guy earlier said something like “even if hitler wrote my favorite work, I’d still consider it my favorite work”.
cchigu said:
Why can't people judge a work solely based on its own merits and demerits? Even if my favorite work was penned by Hitler, it would still be my favorite work.

Well the problem here is that the journey is incomplete, Yonagi never truly conquered her flames, we never saw the completion of her journey nor anybody else’s in the show. Alone that would make my score a 4/10 but considering how the author betrayed the story he built up until now had to make me lower it. This is just how I feel, as I said earlier I ain’t some stupid bandwagon
Aug 9, 2020 4:32 AM

Mar 2016
Do what you want and justify it how you like, but giving it a 1/10 because it got axed when your experience prior to this was a 10/10 is simply dumb.

Even an incomplete work can be judged for what’s already available of it. It’s a disappointment and a shame what the author did, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that he had produced a genuinely good manga up till this point.
Aug 9, 2020 5:43 AM

Oct 2017
Judgment526 said:
Do what you want and justify it how you like, but giving it a 1/10 because it got axed when your experience prior to this was a 10/10 is simply dumb.
Absolutely true.
Aug 9, 2020 9:03 AM

Oct 2019
Judgment526 said:

Even an incomplete work can be judged for what’s already available of it. It’s a disappointment and a shame what the author did, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that he had produced a genuinely good manga up till this point.

I mean for me the ending is the whole cake, if the ending isn’t good then the anime/manga isn’t good. I loved the first 15 eps of darling in the franxx, but those last 9 eps dropped it down to a 3. For me ending/cutting off an anime or ending it is like baking half a cake, what’s the point of the cake then? I will never forget Galactic Railroad arc or best girl Chiyoko. But at the end of the day what was it all for, the cake was never fully baked.
Aug 9, 2020 9:46 AM

Oct 2013
DillonA said:
Judgment526 said:

I mean for me the ending is the whole cake, if the ending isn’t good then the anime/manga isn’t good. I loved the first 15 eps of darling in the franxx, but those last 9 eps dropped it down to a 3. For me ending/cutting off an anime or ending it is like baking half a cake, what’s the point of the cake then? I will never forget Galactic Railroad arc or best girl Chiyoko. But at the end of the day what was it all for, the cake was never fully baked.

So basically the journey worth nothing if the ending is bad? I get that to an extend but I still think the Journey is worth more than the ending.

I guess it's preference though if I was giving a manga a 10/10 and the ending was mad depending on how bad it is I would drop the score but the lowest I would go is a 5/10 the journey was too good to call the overall content bad.

The journey is where majority of the content comes from, 95% of the journey was great the last 5% was bad equal extremely bad score for you don't make sense logically to me.

An ending makes it break a series yes, but I feel we must remember how good the journey was which was the majority of your experience.

In the end you are not being logical and making your emotions take over.
Aug 9, 2020 9:49 AM

Feb 2019
The author shouldn't really matter when judging an art.
Aug 9, 2020 10:29 AM
Jun 2013
cythraul said:

It depends on how ingrained an author's views are in his art works. If somebody is a racist/homophobe/abuser or any other type of scum, then it is likely that there will be some reflection of that in their work, even if it is subtle.
Aug 9, 2020 2:02 PM

Mar 2016
DillonA said:
Judgment526 said:

You’re contradicting yourself. If there are parts of the story you loved that’s already not a 1/10. That score is reserved for something you consider to be irredeemable garbage.

I rest my case though. In the end, I really don’t care what you rate it. Just pointing out your logical fallacy.
Aug 9, 2020 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
DillonA said:

I’m giving act-age a 1/10 because the journey and the sum of its parts lead to absolutely nothing. It’s like you climb Mount Everest, you’re one day of climbing from the peak and one day you just decide to have a chopper pick you up. What was the point of everything up till now then, aside from that I also like thinking about what the manga could’ve been.

"Laughs in Berserk and Hunter x Hunter*
Aug 9, 2020 2:48 PM
Jan 2019
triton6783 said:
cythraul said:

It depends on how ingrained an author's views are in his art works. If somebody is a racist/homophobe/abuser or any other type of scum, then it is likely that there will be some reflection of that in their work, even if it is subtle.
and that would be judging the work itself lmao.
Aug 9, 2020 3:12 PM
Jun 2013
Kamikoto_kl said:
triton6783 said:

and that would be judging the work itself lmao.

Yeah you're completely right, I was just trying to make a point that it's important to analyze works more closely if they are made by terrible people because certain themes or plot points are likely to be problematic and might warrant deeper critical analysis.
Aug 9, 2020 3:43 PM
Jun 2020
Ironically, this feels like a movie, where the ending is up to the reader/watcher's interpretation.
My condolences for the victims and the artist, though. (i know it feels like they died but i don't know the right wording, i just feel bad for all of them, fuck the author).
Act-Age is still going to be my 10/10 manga, even if i give a lot of stuff a 10, even if if gets axed without getting a proper ending. It is still one of the most unique manga that i ever saw in Jump, despite not reading manga a lot.
the anime dream is gone, even if a studio went to adapt all arcs until now and gave A-A a proper ending, they could just end it before the current arc.
Again, this is a serious question, saying it again, i am very sorry for both victims and the artist.
Nissan 350Z
Aug 9, 2020 8:10 PM
Jul 2017
If the ending is so paramount like you claim it is then why bother giving what you’ve read so far a 10/10? I have read your comments and responses and I still cannot agree with any of your reasoning. Not that I don’t understand it. I just can’t get around to agreeing with any of your points whatsoever.
Aug 9, 2020 10:29 PM

Jan 2019
hypercowbell said:
I support the author.
So, you support the author molesting underaged girls?
Aug 10, 2020 1:25 AM

Mar 2015
hypercowbell said:
I support the author.

YIKES, if you are not on red notice, police didn't do his job.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 10, 2020 3:08 AM

Jul 2014
This is why i judge a work based on overall enjoyment and how good the journey it gives through the entire story..
I mean don't get me wrong i've been there a lot where great manga/anime being butchered when it almost reach the climax of the story, i hate incomplete story and pretty sure everyone do, but giving the lowest rating possible just because the current situation and ignore the rest of great journey you've experienced till this point doesn't really sound logical at all to me..
But again it's your rating and none of my business, but just like other people here i only wanted to give my opinion about this as well..
Aug 10, 2020 3:58 AM
Sep 2017
DillonA said:

When I checked earliar in the morning after I heard the news the counter till the next chapter was still there, now its completely gone but still there for the other manga.

R.I.P. to an incredible series, to bad the author had to be such a scumbag. Even though I love the series, I'm planning on making my final score a 1/10.

Sorry for off topic but what app is that?
Aug 10, 2020 4:04 AM

Jan 2015
KoyomiShinobu said:

Why?
why not? It's ending prematurely and it will never have a conclusive ending
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Aug 10, 2020 4:54 AM
Jan 2018
Shame the artist didn't deserve what has happened to her, but it's great she been getting support from other artists and mangakas.

Mattinator95Aug 10, 2020 5:04 AM
Aug 10, 2020 5:35 AM
Aug 2019
Diginarcissa said:
KoyomiShinobu said:

Why?

Berserk, Hunter x Hunter, Vagabond... I rest my case.

Aug 10, 2020 6:00 AM
Oct 2015
hypercowbell said:
I support the author.
yeah, I'm thinking based
Aug 10, 2020 9:06 AM

Feb 2019
triton6783 said:
cythraul said:

Well, if any of those values do reflect in his/her work then that work would be criticized because of the values it has however if an author is an absolute scum but if his art is still all good stuff then it just doesn't matter what face wrote it.
Aug 10, 2020 12:54 PM

Oct 2019
Andromedaxy said:
DillonA said:

its the shounen jump app, its a licensed app for most shounen jump series. You need a membership of $2 a month but you can read the first 3 chps and the latest 3 chps for free. For everything else you have to have a membership. The app is so good, if u got some spare cash and wanna read SJ chps in the best quality i reccomend it
Aug 10, 2020 12:55 PM

Oct 2019
I_am_sad_man said:
Diginarcissa said:

berserk and hxh are on hiatus, not cancelled
Aug 10, 2020 4:28 PM
Aug 2019
DillonA said:
I_am_sad_man said:

Miissed the point. People give those 3 scores of 9 - 10, based on what's been presented. The fact that the story itself may never have a conclusive ending or continuation is irrevelent because what they have experienced from such works thus far are equivalent to that a 9 or 10. A lack of ending doesn't suddenly make it a 1 lol.
Aug 10, 2020 4:53 PM

Oct 2019
I_am_sad_man said:
DillonA said:

Miissed the point. People give those 3 scores of 9 - 10, based on what's been presented. The fact that the story itself may never have a conclusive ending or continuation is irrevelent because what they have experienced from such works thus far are equivalent to that a 9 or 10. A lack of ending doesn't suddenly make it a 1 lol.

I think you're making a contradiction as well, hxh hasnt ended so people yearn to learn more, therefore the ratings are based on whats currently there. With act age you rate it as a whole, its over, canceled, finished. Therefore its completley different, its basically like comparing mha (a currently publishing manga) with something like FMA (a completed manga)
Aug 10, 2020 5:06 PM
Aug 2019
DillonA said:
I_am_sad_man said:

I think you're making a contradiction as well, hxh hasnt ended so people yearn to learn more, therefore the ratings are based on whats currently there. With act age you rate it as a whole, its over, canceled, finished. Therefore its completley different, its basically like comparing mha (a currently publishing manga) with something like FMA (a completed manga)

Dude... you need to first realize the definition of contradiction cause I ain't seeing it. People want more, but even if they never got another Berserk, Hunter x Hunter, or Vagabond chapter again, ratings would not suddenly change to 1/10. Let's say all three of these mangas did randomly get axed never to see a conclusion. Then fans rate it as a whole. Guess what, ratings would probably still remain within 9-10 and people would still hold them to be masterpieces.
Aug 21, 2020 1:55 PM
Sep 2017
DillonA said:
Andromedaxy said:

its the shounen jump app, its a licensed app for most shounen jump series. You need a membership of $2 a month but you can read the first 3 chps and the latest 3 chps for free. For everything else you have to have a membership. The app is so good, if u got some spare cash and wanna read SJ chps in the best quality i reccomend it

ty king I found it after a while but it's not available in my country
Aug 21, 2020 3:19 PM

Nov 2016
Andromedaxy said:
DillonA said:

The "Shonen Jump" app is only available in the US but there is a global alternative named "mangaplus". It's the same thing but available Globally (or atleast in a lot of places)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2020 3:22 PM
Sep 2017
Afloo said:
Andromedaxy said:

The "Shonen Jump" app is only available in the US but there is a global alternative named "mangaplus". It's the same thing but available Globally (or atleast in a lot of places)

Ik I've had mangaplus for a while but ty man

More topics from this board

» Fanmade epilogue ending of Act-age

johnknight649 - Nov 22, 2023

8 by Haigen »»
Feb 22, 5:53 PM

» It's been two years...

zkl_ - Aug 10, 2022

14 by kfmc »»
Aug 16, 2023 11:51 PM

Poll: » Act-age Chapter 123 Discussion

Kuma - Aug 11, 2020

35 by TheFalconZ21 »»
Jul 20, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Act-age Chapter 40 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2018

4 by TheFalconZ21 »»
Jul 19, 2023 2:42 PM

» Do you think this manga can be revived/continued?

Shafwan_Dito - May 28, 2023

4 by Swagernator »»
Jun 20, 2023 8:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.