Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 2, 2021 1:20 AM

Feb 2021
"Will Togashi ever end the series?", you say?
only time can tell, Togashi knows how to make a Cliffhanger chapter after all..
He's damn good at it...
Apr 2, 2021 2:15 AM

Aug 2020
Psajdak said:
He won't.

People don't live forever.

And I really wanted for Leorio to get his own big arc.

I always felt like he was always going to be a solid supporting character that never really encroached on any spotlight
Apr 2, 2021 10:38 AM
Jul 2019
The Manga is dead. 2 years without a single chapter is way too much already.

I honestly just moved on. Truth to be told I really don't even remember what last happened in this arc.

I'm just glad this arc gave us the Hisoka vs Chrollo fight and the direction the manga was going in after this fight was very interesting but oh well.
Apr 7, 2021 1:41 PM

May 2018
I don't understand why Shueisha does not move it to another magazine like D.Gray-Man or World Trigger, and free up some space for new series (if it doesn't already do so). Don't get me wrong, I like HxH but I feel like the readers are not appreciated as much as they should. It's not like we must be revered, but at the very least to be shown some interest. It's not like HxH became loved because it was a good series from the head-go, it was the readers that loved it, and these readers are treated like granted lovers who must cope with their companion's whims and self-issues.
Apr 12, 2021 3:49 PM
Jun 2009
So I am at a chapter 362 now. The arc is decent and HxH looks as good as ever. But it annoys me that there is even a thing as hiatus. I love Battle Angel Alita, and what I get as a fan is 36 chapters in 6 years... I love xxxHolic, and I haven't read REI till this year, because I was too curious to wait any longer. And also 56 chapters and years of hiatus. And current hiatus is in the middle of the arc.
So returning to HxH, it has not problem in itself. The main issue is an allowance of hiatuses in manga. If you cannot continue with making 15 to 20 pages at least each 3 months, just drop it. Do not draw manga if your production level is that low
Apr 15, 2021 1:01 AM

Apr 2015
The hiatus is killing me, help me guys I want this to end :(
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Apr 16, 2021 1:42 PM

Sep 2010
asei said:
So I am at a chapter 362 now. The arc is decent and HxH looks as good as ever. But it annoys me that there is even a thing as hiatus. I love Battle Angel Alita, and what I get as a fan is 36 chapters in 6 years... I love xxxHolic, and I haven't read REI till this year, because I was too curious to wait any longer. And also 56 chapters and years of hiatus. And current hiatus is in the middle of the arc.
So returning to HxH, it has not problem in itself. The main issue is an allowance of hiatuses in manga. If you cannot continue with making 15 to 20 pages at least each 3 months, just drop it. Do not draw manga if your production level is that low

Totally agreeing with the last sentence. People love to play the advocate and say "the author / mangaka does not owe anyone anything bla bla". No, they do owe. They have to at least give 1 chapter a few months. If even that slow pace is literallly impossible, then do not start an arc with so much potential. I am so furious about this.
Apr 18, 2021 2:29 AM

Jan 2014
sevki said:
If even that slow pace is literallly impossible, then do not start an arc with so much potential. I am so furious about this.

I agree, this arc has potential and also will be very long. Togashi shoudnt start this arc if he is still on hiatus. Someone else should draw manga.
Apr 18, 2021 2:34 AM

Jan 2009
his back problems are not improving it seems so nah
Apr 18, 2021 2:44 AM

Jul 2020
sevki said:
asei said:

Totally agreeing with the last sentence. People love to play the advocate and say "the author / mangaka does not owe anyone anything bla bla". No, they do owe. They have to at least give 1 chapter a few months. If even that slow pace is literallly impossible, then do not start an arc with so much potential. I am so furious about this.

??How will they know it will go on long hiatus before the arc started?The situation was unprecedented.They are not some fortune tellers lmao.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 18, 2021 2:44 PM

Sep 2010
Scordolo said:
sevki said:

??How will they know it will go on long hiatus before the arc started?The situation was unprecedented.They are not some fortune tellers lmao.

They do not have to be. A standard human mind can simply deduce this just by looking at his past patterns. Are not there editors, whose job is literally this? The man has been more famous with the hiatuses than the work. Instead of having it unfinished it would have been much better to conclude with election arc.
Apr 24, 2021 5:10 PM

Aug 2015
No, it won´t happen. Togashi should have called it a day after finishing the Ants and Gon meeting Ging, instead he decided to expand his universe and put an arc as complex as Yorknew with some great characters.

And now he will never end the manga, so I see HxH getting discontinued. There has been almost 3 years without a chapter. If he ever comes back, they will drop 10 chapters, sell that volume, get tons of money and then back to hiatus.
Apr 29, 2021 4:52 PM

Nov 2016
Do you guys know of any manga that went through a 2+ years hiatus but then came back and finished? (Or just came back).

2 years is a pretty long time, if I were the author I would be quite fed up with my own manga, I mean, after such a long time probably not even Togashi knows what to do with the story anymore, he forgot about the plot details just as much as the readers.
Jul 24, 2021 6:35 PM
Oct 2020
Vomun said:
JFuji said:
Probably not..

Look.. I am a huge Hunter X Hunter fan. It is probably my favorite anime, but I gotta be real about the situation and Togashi in general..

People are always defending Togashi and saying things like we should be thankful for whatever we get and shit.. and please be understanding of his health issues. I am no longer playing that game. Togashi isn't some god that we need to worship and be thankful for him finishing a series that he has promised on numerous occasions that he would. I've also heard all I'm going to about "muh back" from the Togashi apologists.. No it is not reasonable for him to constantly put out like 10 scraps of a chapters a year because of 'back issues'. He is too stubborn to just outline the future arcs and allow his assistants to draw the panels.. Yes he might have some health issues but those decisions are holding the series in hiatus. That is on him.

He also never updates the situation with interviews explaining the status of the series or what is going on. It is very rare he does so.. because truthfully he doesn't give a shit. People also will say well we should be patient.. and you wouldn't like it if he rushed and put out low quality stuff. Yeah.. I don't think it takes an entire year to put out quality chapters. In fact he was chained to his desk and was putting out chapters every week with Yu Yu Hakusho and that series was great..

It's pretty much over for HxH fans. It's sad but true. Might as well take the conversation at the world tree as the ending and move on.

You pretty much summed up exactly how I feel about Hunter x Hunter now. This is why I refuse to read or buy the manga at this point. I'm not gonna buy work that will never be finished. The 2011 anime honestly has a perfect stopping point and I would stick to watching that and 1999. It's not worth reading the manga when none of the potential is gonna get utilized.

So no, he'll never finish it. Unlike something like Berserk, I can't see an ending anytime soon with HxH. Especially with Togashi's fucking horrible pacing.

Aged well… lol rip tho
Jul 29, 2021 6:17 PM

Apr 2018
I have been meaning to pick up the manga, but is it even worth it when the story would never end?

I watched the anime years ago
Jul 31, 2021 9:37 AM
Apr 2018
If TOGASHI has a child, i hope he/she get to continue HxH.

*** Research showed that WRITER's Ideas can be genetically transferred to their children. So, there's still hope.

Have Faith.
Jul 31, 2021 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
Same. I also don't think that he's ever going to continue
Jul 31, 2021 10:00 AM

Feb 2020
berserk had more chances of ending than hxh, if mangaka had not died. togashi is never good a completing a story to its fullest, its pretty obvious if u see his previous work level e or yu yu hakusho.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Aug 1, 2021 7:25 AM
Jun 2020
Togashi is the George R.R. Martin of the Anime/Manga world. So no, I don't think it's gonna end.
Aug 3, 2021 10:43 AM

Jul 2017
I don't think he will, but to me, the series ended with the conversation at the great tree. At least in terms of Gon's journey. The whole reason Gon wanted to become a hunter was to search for his dad and because the other paternal figure he had, Kite, was a hunter. He found both, and the series ended with the revelation that there is an entire world yet to explore up to the reader's imagination. That's pretty fulfilling.

Kurapika found the clan's eyes offscreen so that's a different story. Sad that we won't see what happened after that... unless it's in the manga and I just haven't gotten to that part.

Killua found friends and liberated his sister, and Leorio just... wanted to become a doctor. We didn't see that happen, but do we really need to?

In terms of character arcs, Kurapika's the only one that didn't have a clear cut end, and in terms of story arcs or sagas what we got was pretty compelling. I like how the show ends with the chairman election. Really sells the concept of "moving on."

In all due honesty, the Dark Continent arc that follows it feels a bit like filler. It gives off the same vibe as learning about the Clone Wars in Star Wars versus actually seeing it happen. I would've preferred it if that just remained a concept.

So you could take the anime ending as the ending. It's pretty good all thing's considered. If that's not enough, however, there's the chance an anime studio will pick up the remaining arcs and give the entire series an anime-only ending eventually. It isn't terribly unccommon.

Even if you kill me, even if you kill anyone, even if you reset science… There’s always an idiot who will try anything, and the shiny monkeys will inevitably create a technological civilization.

Aug 9, 2021 8:37 PM

Aug 2017
Zlyiond said:
Who needs Hunter x Hunter when you have Berserk?

Yikes this didn't age well. RIP Miura.

I hope Hunter x Hunter finishes, but if it doesn't oh well that's life. Even if we never get another chapter it doesn't diminish everything that came before it.

Each arc can be read as a complete story with a beginning, middle and end. I've reread the Hunter Exam Arc alone like 5 times.
Aug 15, 2021 9:58 PM
Nov 2019
I believe he can write the story as a novel and let another mangaka to do the art ..
Aug 15, 2021 10:10 PM

Jul 2020
Hunter x hunter surpassed 1000 days with no chapter. With no news of Togash's health getting better, at this point, I don't think it will ever return

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Aug 21, 2021 8:03 PM

Sep 2018
He has got most people fooled, 1000 days without a chapter, what an absolute joke. His back is just a scapegoat at this point, all he days is play games all day. The guy just doesn't care at this point
Aug 21, 2021 8:46 PM

Jun 2020
probably never lol people can't live forever considering how long he's taking
Aug 21, 2021 8:47 PM
Dec 2017
It will most likely go on forever imo.

Aug 21, 2021 8:47 PM
Dec 2017
It will most likely go on forever imo.

Aug 21, 2021 9:40 PM

Jun 2020
Nah, he won't, at this point.
Aug 23, 2021 8:39 AM

Jul 2020
Its been over 1000 days since hxh went on haitus. World record i guess?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2021 9:44 PM
Jul 2018
It seems that Hunter x Hunter will have the same fate as Berserk, the author will pass away, it will be left with an open ending and the anime and manga world itself will be available for everyone in the afterlife forever, together with all other anime and manga worlds.
Aug 26, 2021 8:59 AM

Jun 2020
StardustCursader said:
Its been over 1000 days since hxh went on haitus. World record i guess?
vagabond is on hiatus since 2015 so its not even close to a record
Oct 22, 2021 8:36 AM
Dec 2020
Zlyiond said:
this really hurts when I read it now
Oct 22, 2021 8:37 AM
Dec 2017
probably never like golgo 13

Oct 26, 2021 8:00 PM

Mar 2017
Zlyiond said:

^ this absolutely didn't age well.
Nov 6, 2021 6:07 PM

Aug 2020
At this point I'm just losing hope for further continuation.

Nov 6, 2021 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
I Hearded a rumor about that he confirmed going to finish the series, idk if its real or not
Nov 7, 2021 9:16 AM

Jul 2021
eventually, he will come back i think. he said he would end the series and hey if he dies his wife will finish it

Nov 7, 2021 9:26 AM

Jul 2021
JFuji said:
Probably not..

Look.. I am a huge Hunter X Hunter fan. It is probably my favorite anime, but I gotta be real about the situation and Togashi in general..

People are always defending Togashi and saying things like we should be thankful for whatever we get and shit.. and please be understanding of his health issues. I am no longer playing that game. Togashi isn't some god that we need to worship and be thankful for him finishing a series that he has promised on numerous occasions that he would. I've also heard all I'm going to about "muh back" from the Togashi apologists.. No it is not reasonable for him to constantly put out like 10 scraps of a chapters a year because of 'back issues'. He is too stubborn to just outline the future arcs and allow his assistants to draw the panels.. Yes he might have some health issues but those decisions are holding the series in hiatus. That is on him.

He also never updates the situation with interviews explaining the status of the series or what is going on. It is very rare he does so.. because truthfully he doesn't give a shit. People also will say well we should be patient.. and you wouldn't like it if he rushed and put out low quality stuff. Yeah.. I don't think it takes an entire year to put out quality chapters. In fact he was chained to his desk and was putting out chapters every week with Yu Yu Hakusho and that series was great..

It's pretty much over for HxH fans. It's sad but true. Might as well take the conversation at the world tree as the ending and move on.
you summed up all of my thoughts

Nov 7, 2021 11:57 AM

Aug 2021
Togashi has Benn on hiatus ever since like what 2017 I doubt he will bring it back since he didn't even say anything for the ten year anniversary but he still might
Never forget bungee gum has both the properties of both rubber and gum
Nov 7, 2021 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
Togashi will most likely never finish Hiatus x Hiatus. The only hope of it finishing is if he passes it on to another mangaka but he's explicity stated that he wants to work on it, so chances are slim.
It's a shame because it's such a good manga with so much potential now that the Dark Continent has been introduced.
Heck, I'd love if another mangaka did a 'sequel' that's set in the Dark Continent but with different plotlines and characters, simply because the world of Hunter x Hunter is so fun.
Nov 11, 2021 11:02 PM
Jul 2021
What if he is writting chapters and isn't publishing them
He might give us surprise!!!
(Being too optimistic, hehehe I just can't accept this!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Btw, when togashi's birthday come
Feb 13, 2022 4:14 AM

Dec 2020
Ginpachi_1234 said:
What if he is writting chapters and isn't publishing them
He might give us surprise!!!
(Being too optimistic, hehehe I just can't accept this!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Haha I am on hopium too. Still optimistic that it will return one day.
Feb 13, 2022 2:35 PM
Oct 2021
gintokisbicep said:
even if he dies his wife will just continue it and she's just as good
I keep hearing this and there is no proof that this will ever happen.
Feb 13, 2022 2:48 PM
Oct 2021
Monad said:
taxidriverviber said:
He will either die before finishing it or give it a rushed ending. As manga is nowhere near end as he stated he wants to do a couple more arcs, but hes getting old now and his health problems seem to be worsening. I can only see him finishing this current arc at most.

His 54 not 84. His drawing not digging in mines and there are people digging in mines at 54.
Yeah except miners are fucking strong and they probably don't get paid millions of dollars.
Feb 13, 2022 2:50 PM
Oct 2021
cchigu said:
Zlyiond said:
Me. Berserk doesn't do shit for me nowadays, Miura is writing a story for an RPG rather than a manga ever since the GA arc ended.
Shut your shithole hxh was an rpg ever since heaven's arena.
Feb 13, 2022 2:52 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Crastinator said:
cchigu said:
Me. Berserk doesn't do shit for me nowadays, Miura is writing a story for an RPG rather than a manga ever since the GA arc ended.
Sure, at least with better writing, unlike Berserk after GA.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 13, 2022 3:04 PM
Oct 2021
cchigu said:
Crastinator said:
Yeah I sure do like reading ten pararaphs to understand how this person's power works.
Feb 13, 2022 3:16 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Crastinator said:
cchigu said:
Yeah I sure do like reading ten pararaphs to understand how this person's power works.
Sure, I also love waiting 10 years for a chapter that actually moves things forward.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 15, 2022 7:38 PM
Oct 2021
cchigu said:
Crastinator said:
Sure, I also love waiting 10 years for a chapter that actually moves things forward.
Um.... dude Miura's dead and you'll be lucky to reach chapter 400.
Feb 15, 2022 8:05 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Crastinator said:
cchigu said:
Um.... dude Miura's dead and you'll be lucky to reach chapter 400.
I know, was talking about the sorry state of the manga for the past couple of decades.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.