Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2020 2:22 PM
Dec 2019
SurvivedEndless8 said:
Caryssia said:

He's 20 according to his bio entry: https://myanimelist.net/character/161283/Kazuya_Kinoshita

But yeah, details. :-)

So even more pathetic. Great.

Correct! :3

At least it airs on the same day as Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai.. Something to cheer me up after this weekly train wreck.
Jul 24, 2020 2:23 PM
May 2020
TO THE STREETS MAMI-CHAN BELONGS
Jul 24, 2020 2:25 PM
Jul 2020
Kazuya needs someone to tell him that Mami is straight up manipulating him ASAP.

Ichinose needs a raise after having to deal with lie after lie from Kazuya.

Beach Episode is mandatory. Not necesary but mandatory, although I didn´t expect it to be so early in the series.

Waiting to see what happens whit that kiss between Mami and Kazuya.
Jul 24, 2020 2:29 PM
Apr 2019
wow, mami is so toxic and I am loving it!!
Jul 24, 2020 2:33 PM

Mar 2017
I really frickin' hate Mami... what a two faced bitch! It's so frustrating that Kazuya can't see what she's doing because she isn't be very subtle! I feel sorry for Mizuhara in all this because she's just a really kind girl who keeps helping Kazuya out of potentially pitiful and embarrassing situations but he takes advantage of it every single time.
Jul 24, 2020 2:39 PM
Jan 2015
Chizuru is a top tier waifu that unfortunately have to deal with top tier trash MC
Jul 24, 2020 2:46 PM

Dec 2012
Another anime that could've been good but suffers from overly dumb MC syndrome =(
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jul 24, 2020 2:53 PM

Dec 2017
When writing this review I thought about doing a technical analysis, but this anime is so good, it is so wonderful, that I feel like talking more than that would be unnecessary.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 24, 2020 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
Omfg that mami-chan.......
Things are goin well for Kazuya(except for the huge ammount of money that he spents to keep this up ahha and that he will end up in a bad situation).
Overrall, it was a nice episode and it was over before i even notice.
Jul 24, 2020 3:25 PM

May 2016
The main issue currently in this anime isn't Chizuru or Mami but definitely this meh MC... I mean, if at least he had 13 yo I could understand a part of this stupidity..
I understand he's still in love with his Ex-Girlfriend and we can't control our feeling however what's the point with all those lies and useless reactions. This is what bother me the most.
Both Chizu and Mami playing perfectly their role, but really, grow up and go forward man
Jul 24, 2020 3:27 PM

Dec 2014
If there's anything clear from this episode, it's that Chizuru is far too good for Kazuya.

Chizuru is gorgeous in her swimsuit, she's probably going to be one of the main reasons I watch this.
Jul 24, 2020 3:39 PM

May 2014
I'm sorry but Kazuya is the biggest bitch on the planet if not in all of harem slice of life anime. Like honestly, he is the perfect simp god for all other simps.

Then we got this ol thot ass, yandere ass Mami Chan coming in with that fake ass persoinality!

Lmao honestly Chizuru is the only real MVP in this show at the moment
Jul 24, 2020 3:45 PM

Jun 2019
Ok so are we cancelling Mami-san yet? She's a rental girlfriend but bruh, this MC, BRUH. smh....

Also, loved the ED. Kanojo and ENS both did some retro ED's this season and I love them.

With that being said, I thought Peter Grill was a simp but at least he can handle the situation. Said it best this episode, "Virgin's gonna virgin".

Still a 9/10 anime because of Mizuhara being best girl in every way possible.
Jul 24, 2020 3:48 PM
Oct 2019
Yessir, ofcourse Chizuru is at the same beach. Ofcourse Chizuru needs to show up as Mizuhara. Ofcourse Kazuya still thinks he is going to achieve something with Mami-chan. Ofcourse Mami-chan is toxic.
---------------------------------------------------
I need to have the same nerves of steel as Chizuru. Both the OP and ED are great.

Life is not daijoubu
Jul 24, 2020 3:49 PM

Mar 2020
Lot of kazuya hate in the discussion as expected, but there were points in the episode where he acknowledges that his actions are scummy and wants to make a change, but he can't translate them into actual actions, which bring along all the lies and uncomfortable actions. If the creators behind the story know what they are doing, that area of his mindset will be a subject of growth, which will feel like a bigger pay off if the MC starts off at a really low point in comparison.

Also, is no one gonna talk about how the new ED's just a big metaphor of masturbating lol
plz_nofindmeJul 24, 2020 5:55 PM
Jul 24, 2020 3:54 PM
Jun 2020
I really hate Mami-chan, and I feel super bad for Kazu-kun., mostly because I relate to that situation so much. Kazu-kun can be such a dork sometimes but I actually like his character, and I don’t think Chizuhara would go to such lengths if he didn’t really like Kazuya even a little bit. Yeah she could be trying to cover up her job, but there’s other ways she can do that honestly. She wouldn’t need Kazuya to tell everyone they broke up, she could break up with him herself, but her not doing that tells me that she atleast cares for him, and it pains me to know that Mami-Chan just stole that unwarranted kiss. I hate Mami-Chan so much, she’s not even that hot bleh
Jul 24, 2020 4:06 PM

Jun 2017
snowykevin said:
This shit is getting harder and harder to watch by the episode, Kazu is legit so spineless and Mami is the definition of toxic and I don’t even understand her motives. She breaks up with him but she is getting mad when he gets a new girlfriend? this is just laughable.

Mami has a god complex so her ego is hurt a lot by Kazuya getting another "girlfriend" so fast. She is a total psycho if you haven't noticed it yet xd.

Jul 24, 2020 4:10 PM
Jul 2018
plz_nofindme said:
Lot of kazuya hate in the discussion as expected, but there were points in the episode where he acknowledges that his actions are scummy and wants to make a change, but he can't translate them into actual actions, which bring along all the lies and uncomfortable actions. If the creators behind the story know what they are doing, that area of his mindset will be a subject of growth, which will feel like a bigger pay off if the MC starts off at a really low point in comparison.

Also, is no one gonna talk about how the new ED's just a big metaphor of masturbating lol :D

Haven't read the manga, but manga readers have said along the lines that it's not gonna get any better.
Jul 24, 2020 4:19 PM

Mar 2018
am i the only one here who hate the MC too much? i mean how stupid and hopeless can anyone be?
Jul 24, 2020 4:33 PM
Apr 2019
Kasuya is an absolute beta, cringy, idiotic dumbass who can't keep it in his pants, in addition of wasting all of his family money he acts like he earned his rental girlfriend and learns nothing about his mistakes.

Mami is best girl because she is teaching this dumbass kid a lesson, she is just jealous and can at least use more than 2 brain cells in any situation.
Jul 24, 2020 4:38 PM

May 2015
Damn, people are getting so salty over this show. xD
TsukuyomiREKTJul 24, 2020 8:20 PM

Jul 24, 2020 4:43 PM

Aug 2018
plz_nofindme said:
Lot of kazuya hate in the discussion as expected, but there were points in the episode where he acknowledges that his actions are scummy and wants to make a change, but he can't translate them into actual actions, which bring along all the lies and uncomfortable actions.

^That's ONLY thing I give him ANY credit for: He admitted the fact that he was a total creep and loser twice in the episode.
Set SCE to AUX
Jul 24, 2020 5:05 PM

Mar 2010
Obviously a lie about trusting kazuya. Everything about him is just beta male written all over. It doesn't matter how this ends. We just all know kazuya is a beta and the girls are the only ones actually controlling the outcome. lolz

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 24, 2020 5:18 PM
May 2020
I can't, I just can't how can one be so goddamn horny and Mami is nothing compared to the goddess that is Chizuru, but I can sympathize with Kazuya because he gets nervous talking with the girl he likes, but like he needs to keep those horny levels down and make the right decision which is to not simp for his ex but to simp for Chizuru. Goddamnit
Jul 24, 2020 5:19 PM

Mar 2019
This dude has reached Shinji levels of dis likability...
Jul 24, 2020 5:33 PM

Apr 2019
Pretty alright episode, nothing too note worthy really happened.

I would totally roundhouse kick Kazuya if given the chance to lol.

Jul 24, 2020 5:48 PM

Jul 2013
I wish Mami was the rental girlfriend. She'd definitely milk him dry and leave him dying on a street.
Jul 24, 2020 5:51 PM
Jul 2018
Mc is such a pervert he doesn’t think about anything other than his Pervy thoughts he doesn’t have a life I get why her ex left her don’t know why she’s jealous of that horny mc
removed-userJul 24, 2020 5:56 PM
Jul 24, 2020 6:01 PM

Jan 2016
Yay, wet got a beach episode!

Chizuru is so tsun-tsun when it comes to Kazuya, now she is on the trip with him for free, good job Kazuya!

Mami-chan is shitposting on Twitter over Kazuya's relationship and trying to break them off.

Finally, Mami went for the kiss and on top of that Kazuya didn't resist it,
let's see how he will deal with Mami and Chizuru next week.
Jul 24, 2020 6:04 PM

Dec 2019
I wonder how long it will take for this guy to realise dont want anything from him. I mean she was the one, who broke up lol
Jul 24, 2020 6:06 PM

Mar 2020
SurvivedEndless8 said:
plz_nofindme said:

Also, is no one gonna talk about how the new ED's just a big metaphor of masturbating lol :D

Haven't read the manga, but manga readers have said along the lines that it's not gonna get any better.

Yeah, I haven't read the manga either but I've heard similar things, so if that's true, then that really sucks because there's a lot of potential for some good character development. Maybe the mangaka is trying to prolong the series idk

Spaceship said:
plz_nofindme said:
Lot of kazuya hate in the discussion as expected, but there were points in the episode where he acknowledges that his actions are scummy and wants to make a change, but he can't translate them into actual actions, which bring along all the lies and uncomfortable actions.

^That's ONLY thing I give him ANY credit for: He admitted the fact that he was a total creep and loser twice in the episode.

Yeah, but he does mention how he wants to set things right by breaking up with chizuru and correcting the lies he told the people around him (not just in this episode, but was also a thing last episode if I remember correctly). Of course, no merit is given to these thoughts as not only does he not go through with it, but he somehow makes the situation worse with more lies and just being a sleaze in the process. Also, it doesn't help that the majority of his motive for breaking up with chizuru shown in this episode was so he could hook up with mami again, making his act of wanting to fix the situation seem misguided. Despite all of this, the first step of fixing a problem and becoming a better person is recognizing you have a problem, which we know the MC is aware of, so we can only hope he continues to follow the right path of fixing himself.
Jul 24, 2020 6:24 PM
Oct 2016
Damn man, Kazuya is truly wrapped up in Mami web. She's a vicious spider alright. The way Mami can switch her personality around is kind of astounding. From nicest girl ever to meanest at the drop of a hat. The way she's manipulating Kazuya makes me feel bad for him most of the time. The dude is just looking for someone to love so he's not lonely, very relatable, and then this girl comes along swoops him up in her grasp. Even after breaking up with him so cold hearted she still won't let him go really. Want a Kazuya all to herself while not wanting to officially get back together. A true mean girl in the original sense.

Chizuru of course is the mvp again. An angel whom no one deserves. Way out of Kazuya league just like he even said. She's too good for anyone really not just him. Idk if I've ever seen a girl be that clutch for a guy she's just meet. Chizuru definitely sees Kazuya for what he actually is. Perpetually sad and lonely guy, it's torturous seeing him crawl back to Mami. She dropped him like a bad habit but he still is looking for chances to get back with her. Like damn. That move Mami pulled at the end was too cruel. She's stringing him along something awful.
Jul 24, 2020 6:25 PM
Apr 2018
Best Girl looks Cute with or without swimsuit :)
Jul 24, 2020 6:39 PM

Dec 2015
Yeah, even I that was a bit defensive of the MC in the first episode can't defend him now. The guy is just way too horny. But I feel like the author is what it makes it worse. He is the one that love putting those coincidental scenarios so the plot doesn't really progress and the characters don't develop much. This ending indicates something will actually change, but I'm not that hopeful
Jul 24, 2020 6:51 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I wasn't expecting a beach episode this early, but at least we got to see Mizuhara in a swimsuit. Mami continues to be toxic with Kazuya and doesn't realize this because he a long lost puppy trying to get her approval. It's obvious that Mami is tying to drive a wedge between Kazuya and she's being a straight savage at it.

I use to hate the MC, but now I just get a kick out of him simping and failing in the process. So, I can point and laugh at his punk ass.
Jul 24, 2020 7:03 PM

Dec 2016
Mami is the worst! Don't like her one bit. Her aura is so malicious it's scary ._. Can't wait for the day when someone discovers her true nature. Even so, nice episode! I am rooting for Chizuru to win over Kazuya's heart >.< It hurts seeing Kazuya falling again for his ex and soon getting heartbroken for a second time. Ouch! He seriously needs to wake up and forget Mami. He doen't deserve to be with that trash!
Jul 24, 2020 7:11 PM

May 2018
its hard for me to admit that mami is seriously hot, even though shes an actual manipulative cow personality-wise
Jul 24, 2020 7:21 PM

Nov 2014
alright,the protagonist is annoying,trash,pathetic and really naive. this is annoying.
Jul 24, 2020 7:23 PM

Jan 2011
i've given up on Kazuya hes simply scum and there an't no hiding it it's good that he at least is aware of those shitty aspects of himself but i doubt this will be written in a way that shows him grow from being the lowest of the low so i just try and enjoy seeing him get shit for being awful . Mami right now is just a manipulative embodiment of jealousy but i don't get tired of seeing her darkness leak out(her poor friends having to take the blunt of it sometimes).

so very conflicted on this show after seeing the mangaka's studio and his workforce and how nice they all seem but when i think of this work i'm like how yall make this?? lol it's like i'm a masochist for enjoying and hating this
Jul 24, 2020 7:23 PM

Dec 2016
It was a nice episode.

Can't wait to see the next one. Wonder if the scene where
gets adapted there, or in the next one.
Jul 24, 2020 8:00 PM

Feb 2013
I not sure about this show anymore. I liked the first episode but that it so far.

I like Chizuru

I get Mami is meant to be this toxic hate person

But Kazuya is just the worst. He not just a awkward guy but a straight up scumbag of a person. I just Hate this character.

Also the show fails at being funny I think its trying to do.
Jul 24, 2020 8:00 PM
Jun 2013
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Damn, people a getting so salty over this show. xD

Well you know, Kazuya personality probably hit too close to home for many here xD
Jul 24, 2020 8:04 PM

Jul 2015
It's rough watching this man letting himself get played by Mami lol
Jul 24, 2020 8:10 PM

Feb 2013
SurvivedEndless8 said:
plz_nofindme said:

This is not a low point it his actions that a causing this issues in the first place. He just dragging Chizuru along like how Mami is trying to drag him along. It not him being awkward but him being scum.
Jul 24, 2020 8:20 PM
Jun 2017
MAMI have some motive for being too friendly with him... i mean she is so pissed off that he has a GF in just a month after they break up while she have none yet... and that last part is a great act for her...

now kazuya needs to be careful here or else he will be the biggest loser in all the lies that he have set up..
Jul 24, 2020 8:40 PM

Jul 2020
Idk, this anime is good and bad at the same time. The scene where the group was at the table made it really hard for me to watch. Like, why does the MC go out of his way to come up with "lies" for simple questions that Chizuru could answer? She probably has experience with these types of situations, but yet again, the MC goes out of his way to say some B.S. Like, I sympathize with him to a certain degree, but dang, this guy is the type of virgin that all virgins should not strive for. Like, dude didn't even use incognito mode when searching for "How to get back together with ex".

Anyways, Mami, she is toxic, but she cute af, ngl. I do wonder, what is her motive? Also, when are the other side characters gonna appear? What about the group of friends in today's episode? Definitely will stick around, but MC is making me lose my brain cells.
NewYearSameMeJul 24, 2020 8:46 PM
Jul 24, 2020 8:44 PM

Jul 2020
My boys, say it with me...
"Mami-chan, From the streets, did she emerge, and to the streets, she will return. And I say unto you, she is for the streets. So be not weary, when she must return from whence she came.”(THOTLATIONS: The Lost book of Ghetto Philosophers 14:28).

amen🙏

Jul 24, 2020 8:55 PM
Apr 2020
Chizuru and Mami are clearly opposite. Chizuru is so kind and intelligent, like an angel sent by the heaven. On the other hand, Mami is so selfish, mannipulator b!tch, rotten to the core. Mami is so disgusting.

Jul 24, 2020 8:58 PM
Mar 2019
There are many issues with this series. One point that should've been solved already: Kazuya telling everyone Chizuru is his rental girlfriend. In the past episode he was about to tell Gran but Chizuru interfered. He was about to tell Mami but Chizuru was there too. Why? Because it's a coincidence and coincidences don't excuse lazy writing. And Chizuru being in the restroom with Kazuya...... coincidence again. This anime relies on coincidences to move along the plot, which shows that the writers have story issues. If the show continues to ride the coincidence train, then I'm off board. True rom-coms like Oregairu actually have a real story with reasonable events, not coincidences.

The episode should've been like Kazuya pondering his relationship with Chizuru through the memories of their dates, and if he should pursue Mami instead of Chizuru. Kazuya could've called Chizuru many times in the episode to casually talk cause he's pressured, and at the end, when he makes a decision, he's in a corner, where Mami is at the beach with friends. Chizuru calls Kazuya because of the missed calls. Would've been an epic cliffhanger.

Also, 3 episodes, (looking at 4 thanks to the preview) with none of the 2 girls showing any signs of showing up. This show could've been better written in fanfiction.
Jul 24, 2020 8:59 PM

Apr 2017
Man, I love Chizuru so much wearing a swimsuit, she's just perfect. BEST GIRL OF THE SEASON

I hope she ends up with Kazuya :D

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.