Forum Settings
Forums

What's one anime everyone hates but you'll defend to death?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 17, 2020 8:50 AM
Jul 2018
First of all, I pretty much know people have it's own taste.

But I will go with Fairy Tail. Just IMO.
Jul 17, 2020 8:51 AM
May 2020
3D Kanojo, Well it's not that everyone hates it but many people doesn't like it, I actually liked it very very much, well I couldn't talk much about trash animes because I never write reviews and almost every anime on my list has a 10 score, but well that's my opinion.
Jul 17, 2020 9:12 AM

Jan 2016
ArendQuest said:
First of all, I pretty much know people have it's own taste.

But I will go with Fairy Tail. Just IMO.

I don't know if I would defend Fairy Tail to the death, but I definitely enjoyed the show initially. It was one of the first shows I watched (and later, read) and the nostalgia really sticks.
Jul 17, 2020 9:44 AM
Jan 2020
Darling in the Franxx. I can't explain it, its just an anime that I love to death and will always love and I will think its one of the best. I do admit that if you critically analyze it, its probably not the best, but it was one of my favourites.

Not sure if this counts because a lot of people like it, but a lot of people also hate it.
Jul 17, 2020 9:53 AM
Jul 2020
Can defend naruto , demon slayer , dragon ball z ( i aint toxic ) to the death ☺️
Jul 17, 2020 9:56 AM
Aug 2018
I'll defend Fairy Tail like I'm being paid to do it. That show holds a soft spot in my heart and it was my comfort anime growing up.
Jul 17, 2020 10:03 AM
Aug 2018
dertasso said:
Manaban said:
I'm leaning towards the SAO guy for this one, ngl, albeit mostly because I find the other side to be very weak so far

Yea because SAO hate was never justified i mean who would have thought?

The SAO guy seems to be quite on fire today. What a guy, kinda like a hero of justice type of anime character.

Anyway this topic is a 10/10 so far. Let it go on.
Bonfire lit
sao is a type of anime that it's bad and good at the same time i can list a lot of things on how bad it is and at the same time i can also list a lot of good things but preference alone i hate because of it's transparent plot and dumb characters
Jul 17, 2020 10:05 AM
May 2020
I wouldn’t defend it, but I goddamn love Fairy Tail for purely personal reasons. By as close to an objective measure as one can get, it is not very good, it’s convoluted, cheesy, full of asspulls, doesnt have the best animation, however I watched/am watching it at a very rough time in my life and it’s just nice to go on an adventure with these characters I feel so close with. For every technical failing it has, it succeeds on a personal one with me tenfold.
Jul 17, 2020 11:06 AM

Mar 2020
Arin-san said:
Queen_Sponge_318 said:

I mean I have seen much worse considering the gore, particularly why I love animes before the 2000s, but a show was either 1) just a gory show in general, or 2) the gore provided purpose either in character development or plot. Okay so your right it isn't a rape scene, its attempted rape not sexual assault. Attempted rape is where the motive was to rape the victim event hough no actual rape occurred. Rape is just quicker to type. If a show is not rape hentai or made to be overly gory for no reason, there is no need for useless "attempted rape" scenes. If a show uses the scenes to progress the plot or develop a character, then the use of such scenes is acceptable.
SAO is neither a gory nor sexually explicit type of show or a show that uses these scenes in a manner where it adds to the storyline.
Making a villain look evil...
If each of the villains repeats the same thing to appear evil, the nature of what they had tried to do loses value. If every villain series did the same thing before getting taken out, it loses shock value and makes all the villains look goofy in contrast. A good villain has the evil mindset and commits misdeeds but won't be evil just to be evil. The best villains have a goal they want to achieve and a code of honor that may or may not work upon. The rape scene worked in effect with the 1st villian in the ALO arc, because of what he wished to accomplish. He wanted to force Asuna to marry him and worked in showing his sick nature. However, did it add to the story? No, it did not therefore it was pointless. In the GGO arc, Death Gun tried to rape Sinon. By then the trick already wore out and wasn't as effective. It didn't put me on my toes or anything. I already knew Kirito was going to come and save the day. Instead of using the same tactic, they could've used a different way to solidify Death Gun as being evil and develop his character. The rape scene here, in my opinion, didn't add any shock value. Another pointless scene and I feel as though I don't have to elaborate anymore. It isn't that I thought the scenes were bad in gore content just unnecessary and useless. It served no purpose. If most of the attempted rape scenes are not adding to the plot or character development, it does not need to be there for this type of anime.

Yes I completely agree with you. Let's just all agree that the rape scene in GGO and ALO was bad and GGO and ALO was just bad as a whole. But in one case, attempt to rape did help contribute the story, the attempt to rape scene is what lead Eugeo to break the Taboo Index. It was because those Nobles were willing to do something so disgusting as rape, is what made Eugeo freak out and break the Taboo Index. And because Eugeo broke the Taboo Index, so did Kirito. Breaking the Taboo Index eventually landed them on the jail in the Church. If they didn't go to the church they would've never fought Quinella, all those great fights and shit would've never happened. The attempt to rape scene in SAO was REALLY important (Sorry for the copypasta, I'm just really tired).

Yeah but only that one rape scene was important. What about the ones in the other seasons? If the majority of rape scenes don't contribute, then cut out the majority of the rape scenes. Its pretty simple. That's all I'm trying to say. There is no need for such scenes if they almost never contribute.
Not saying this makes the series garbage, just one of my complaints. Also kudos to you for holding it out on your own against the SAO haters man. That takes some serious dedication right there.
Queen_Sponge_318Jul 17, 2020 11:27 AM
Jul 17, 2020 11:15 AM

Sep 2017
All my favourite all well received, so I don't really know what anime to choose

Kimetsu no Yaiba, maybe ? But I know it has many flaws, so... I wouldn't defend it to death
Jul 17, 2020 11:31 AM
Jul 2020
Akame ga kill for sure, I love the feeling of the anime, but I have do admit that the ending kinda sucks, this goes for the anime and the manga version
Jul 17, 2020 12:17 PM

Jun 2019
Not "everyone" literally obviously, but those hated because of divisive subject matter and frequently cited reasons I either couldn't less about and/or don't agree with the basis of the criticism at all:

Aku no Hana
Elfen Lied
Happy Sugar Life
Kodomo no Jikan
Ergo Proxy
Angel Cop
Beatless
Goblin Slayer
Centaur no Nayami
Earth Maiden Arjuna
Chika Gentou Gekiga: Shoujo Tsubaki

Even though more popular than any of the others named above, I don't agree with any of the frequent criticisms cited pertaining to Mahoutsukai no Yome either. Like not whatsoever. All the points its fiercest critics raise about hating the show are on the contrary, precisely many of the the things I love about it (the slower pacing compared to many modern shows, the extremely nuanced and slow burn unorthodox relationship of the two protagonists, the refusal to be boxed in to commit to one central story or one or a limited few genres, etc.).

To put it bluntly and succinctly, I'm glad there are still shows which exist which can appeal to the taste of people like myself in that regard rather than those who criticize it and want an entirely different show at the foundational level in themes, pacing, everything.

Jul 17, 2020 1:03 PM

Jan 2016
FragileGlass said:
sao is a type of anime that it's bad and good at the same time i can list a lot of things on how bad it is and at the same time i can also list a lot of good things but preference alone i hate because of it's transparent plot and dumb characters

If only everyone used the subjective discussion form like you did. Hating something, but refering to personal preference is perfectly ok.

What i meant is the bad part of the hate, where you start assuming people are dumb or something, which is pretty prominent in SAO. I mean just look at this thread.
Jul 17, 2020 1:07 PM

Jan 2008
Renn said:
The original 2006 version of Fate/Stay night is really not as bad as people say it is, it just gets compared too heavily with the newer Zero and UBW anime. Though I won't deny it has some problems, I still really enjoyed it.

That's interesting. Fate/Stay Night is the only one I've really seen and I really enjoyed it but I dropped one of the later ones as I couldn't get into it.
Jul 17, 2020 2:39 PM

Mar 2020
WatchTillTandava said:
Not "everyone" literally obviously, but those hated because of divisive subject matter and frequently cited reasons I either couldn't less about and/or don't agree with the basis of the criticism at all:

Aku no Hana
Elfen Lied
Happy Sugar Life
Kodomo no Jikan
Ergo Proxy
Angel Cop
Beatless
Goblin Slayer
Centaur no Nayami
Earth Maiden Arjuna
Chika Gentou Gekiga: Shoujo Tsubaki

I enjoyed watching Angel Cop too. To me, the English dub was hilarious and it was just funny for all the wrong reasons. Though the plot is not that good, I don't think it necessarily deserves all the hate either. For six episodes it did what it could, and was a highly enjoyable, gory watch.
Jul 17, 2020 2:46 PM
Jan 2012
Gokudolls. I don't give a shit about the lackluster animation, if anything the cheap feeling the animation gave enhanced the comedy for me. Also, the comedy was fairly basic, but I don't care, it's not always about the actual joke but how you tell it, good delivery can save bad jokes and this show made me laugh. The afternoon I spent on that show was definitely worth it.
Jul 17, 2020 2:56 PM
Feb 2020
@Arin-san like I said man I don't hate SAO. I won't go looking for animation errors. And I get your reasoning for saying it's not a harem anime and I do agree with you it's not. But your reasoning would have much more clear if it were yours. Anyways, one of the reason was that Kirito does not only have female lovers but also has male and female friends. I don't think that qualifies as a reason enough to say Kirito does not have a harem. I do know SAO is not a harem anime but it does look pretty stupid when almost all the girls are fawning over the mc. I mean if Kirito had like 3 people who fell in love with him, I would have rolled with it but as far as I had seen 6 people, that's just excessive, and some of those were in love after meeting Kirito for once, that's just plain stupid. Now some people might have found that awesome, but not me instead I was a turn off for me. Now it's not labeled as harem anime because it's not. Now about GGO arc, it just wasn't that good. I liked Sinon as a character, but that arc wasn't that good imo.

Mod edit: quoted deleted post
Mol0koJul 17, 2020 11:04 PM
Jul 17, 2020 3:20 PM

Mar 2020
NamikazeHime said:
Nah, I don't see a reason for defending any anime. Tastes are different.

Yeah, i don't understand why you would need to "defend" something you like, You like it, that's all, if somebody doesn't like it, or hates it, that doesn't have anything to your concern.
¿Existe una razón para que vivas en este mundo?
Jul 17, 2020 5:28 PM

Sep 2014
_Dusty_ said:
Aloister said:
Nichijou. But in this case it's more like a lack of appreciation towards it rather than hate (though I have seen some who absolutely HATE it to their guts). Instead of defending it to death, I would at least try to explain to people who don't appreciate it why it is so great, and by then if they still doesn't think otherwise I would just let them be themselves. There are some other anime that I would do the same, but among all of them Nichijou is the least appreciated that I could think of.

I always thought Nichijou was pretty well-liked, on the whole. It's got a pretty high overall score for this website with over 200,000 people listing it and personally, it's my favourite comedy show. I think it's more that it's just old, so people don't talk about it as much as they used to.

Not really because it's old so people don't talk about it. I should had said that I was more specifically to the general reception of the show at the time it was aired, especially in Japan. Japanese people didn't buy the show's BD and merch because it doesn't have ANIME TIDDIES, so the show became a failure commercially speaking, which is a real shame. It is also because of this that caused me to dislike shows that have moe and harem just to sell more.
Jul 17, 2020 7:37 PM

Jul 2011
I guess Fairy Tail. It's by no means very good but I still like to some extent even if most elements of it piss me off.
Jul 18, 2020 1:21 AM
Jul 2018
I'll defend Monster. Mainly because the people that complained about it should have seen how inferior Death Note was promoted by TV networks as opposed to Monster. And indeed Monster sales and promotion flopped, which was also a preferences indicator
Jul 18, 2020 1:37 AM
Jun 2020
I would say Digimon Xros Wars (or Digimon Fusion). However I won't really defend it, I can understand why Digimon fans don't like it. I just like it for the nostalgic kick I suppose.

Jul 18, 2020 2:37 AM

Oct 2010
Anyone here wanna talk trash about Blue Gender? I'll defend it like the russians defended Staliningrad
Jul 18, 2020 2:56 AM
Jul 2018
Fairy Tail! gets so many unnecessary hate.

@ArendQuest you´re not alone! not to mention they are de scoreing the first two seasons smh...... that had nothing to do with the final arc at all

I´ll defend it to end of my life time
removed-userJul 18, 2020 3:01 AM
Jul 18, 2020 7:32 AM

Jun 2015
Arcade Gamer Fubuki is a very big brain anime and I need more people to understand it's artistic prowess

💖 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝒶𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓃❣ 💖

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 💝 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 💝 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝒯𝓊𝒷𝑒 💝 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
💝 𝑀𝓎𝐹𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒞𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 💝
Jul 18, 2020 7:59 AM

Jun 2020
School Days is a masterpiece, a 5.8 on mal?? Are people dumb? School days is definitely one of the best anime that came out in the 2000s, only preceded by the best anime of all time Elfen Lied.

School Days drops all the usual tropes and cliches like beach episodes and tournament arcs. An mc that actually gets laid? The story is absolute fire, plus the characters are all really relateable and likeable. 10/10 anime, cmon give respect where it's due.
This anime shit is addictive
Jul 18, 2020 10:29 AM

Oct 2019
Probably Trickster cuz like idk why people hated it. It was a bit lacking but I personally loved it.
Jul 18, 2020 2:43 PM

Sep 2017
Shield Hero
Trying to be edgy by hating a good isekai?
خ
Jul 18, 2020 3:16 PM

Jul 2014
Gargantia. I learnt about the hate much later than I had watched it and was very surprised.

Personally, I think it has a proper sci-fi plot. It has bad specials, and there's the 4th episode full of fanservice and completely unnecessary, but it also is separate from the main story and thus you can easily ignore it.
I like the robot that looked less of a toy, and I especially liked that they showed properly how difficult it is for a person to unlearn their conditioning. My favorite episode is ep. 6, the festival - it's directed in a powerful dramatic way, and it has the best plot twist - when the MC has almost turned normal, but then a mundane detail triggers his past convictions and training hard. I enjoy characters that act according to their own beliefs the most, I dislike when they are pure author projections. I also liked the bittersweet ending.

From what I have seen some people dislike the anti-war message, because the enemies are inhuman, and others dislike the twist I have mentioned because they don't like characters acting "illogically". But for me it's an incredibly beautiful and pretty intelligent anime.
Jul 18, 2020 3:18 PM
Mar 2019
MHA. The manga rn is great but Season 4 wasn’t that great. I know they had most of their staff working on the movie instead of the season so I usually use that as a reason y the previous season was crappier compared 2 the others.
Jul 18, 2020 3:28 PM

May 2016
Feeeeeeeaaaaaaaryyyyy Teeeeiiiruuuu
Jul 18, 2020 6:38 PM

May 2012
I wouldn't say everyone hates it, but I've always held Aku no Hana in high regards.

Some people can't seem to get over the rotoscoping and heavy subject matter, so I think they're missing out.
Jul 18, 2020 8:37 PM

Feb 2017
aku no hana. the rotoscope animation is beautiful and cool af.
Jul 18, 2020 9:04 PM

Mar 2020
For me, that would be Pokémon. I know that it’s not a perfect show and it has plenty of critics, but I still find it to be a really enjoyable series.
Jul 18, 2020 10:06 PM
May 2020
Fairytail, one of my personal favorites, and I never really understood why people hated it so much? It has a great storyline and great characters. Even then, everyone has their own opinions in which I respect.
Jul 18, 2020 10:20 PM

Sep 2015
Eris-w- said:
Japan Sinks 2020 which should have less haters. I won't try to change people's minds, but if people claim they like Akira for example while disliking Japan Sinks 2020 they've got 3edgy5me double standards/probably only watch waifu bait anime.

Liking Akira while disliking Japan sinks doesn't invalidate the fact that the show had little to no character development, a stale plot that only really progressed in the final episodes, janky animation, and characters with no real personality other than filling an archetypal role.
Jul 18, 2020 11:21 PM

Aug 2014
Glasslip. I am the Glasslip warrior

You can even go to the discussion forums of Glasslip. Im there making forums
Jul 19, 2020 8:49 AM

Feb 2020
Bikini Warriors gets a lot of stick even though the animation is great, quick 6 min fap each episode... you can't go wrong with that
Jul 19, 2020 5:34 PM

Aug 2017
SAO. It's pretty good and it should be more appreciated. Classic anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 20, 2020 12:51 AM

May 2020
So many ppl hate TG. Yes the manga better but one of my favorite anime along with Black Butler.

And my ultimate fav character is also from TG.
Jul 20, 2020 1:05 AM

Apr 2014
Not everyone hates it, but most likely LoveLive(franchise). Just necessarily.
Signature of three years-or-so was removed

here's my new one

Thank you and have a nice day, everyone.
Jul 20, 2020 1:36 AM
Feb 2017
Fatephile said:
Shield Hero
Trying to be edgy by hating a good isekai?

People hate it because the tone change after episode 3 sucked and the characters are all on the spectrum.

Nurguburu said:
SAO. It's pretty good and it should be more appreciated. Classic anime.

Lol
Jul 20, 2020 2:27 AM
Jul 2020
Akame ga Kill. I will defend it to the ends of the world. No matter what.
Jul 20, 2020 8:32 AM

Apr 2017
Not to death but I like isekai a lot so basically any isekai like SAO, Shield Hero, Smartphone, Cheat Magician, etc.
Jul 21, 2020 5:27 AM
Feb 2020
progenx0 said:
Black Clover. I have to agree that the anime is quite horrible. But the clashes are just way too entertaining lol. It is probably the only aspect of the anime that brought the it into some form of salvation.

yeah i dont even know how i ended up watching 120 episodes. Granted it was in like january but i havent really continued since then. I think i enjoyed like the first few and kept watching but when i look back on it now it kinda seems like another typical shounen with an immature mc. I think i havent continued cause i want character development and its one of those things where the mc wants to become X and i know its not going to happen for another 50 million episodes.
Jul 21, 2020 7:12 AM

Sep 2014
ooo333 said:
Glasslip. I am the Glasslip warrior

You can even go to the discussion forums of Glasslip. Im there making forums

I would join you. The amount of hate on Glasslip is amazingly unsettling.
Jul 21, 2020 8:57 AM

Jun 2013
benn14_ said:
Darling in the Franxx. I can't explain it, its just an anime that I love to death and will always love and I will think its one of the best. I do admit that if you critically analyze it, its probably not the best, but it was one of my favourites.

Not sure if this counts because a lot of people like it, but a lot of people also hate it.

In my opinion, DITF is hated because of the ending. Just watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and you'll understand. It's an earlier work by the same creators. Different studio, but mostly the same people.
Jul 21, 2020 9:02 AM

Feb 2020
Fairy Tail; Black Clover; Tower of God; SAO (&GGO etc.)

tysm iva-🐢💜

Jul 24, 2020 8:35 AM

Mar 2009
_Dusty_ said:
You know I honestly thought the Endless Eight stanning would get me canned, but thanks to the efforts of a rather cheesed-off 15-year-old, I've managed to slip under the radar this time. Wahey!

Anyway, just getting this in before the moderators lock this thread before it gets any worse.

Endless eight is quite bad for me. On its own in a series. But couple this with sequel movie? Almost masterpiece. I remember that many reviews for the movie pointed that character motivation came out of nowhere, and didn't have sense. Of course those people skip EE. EE basiclly was a setap for the movie.
3 setps to become Masochist:
1. Read source material
2. Watch anime adaptation
3. Suffer
Bonus Step: Tell everyone that anime is crap becouse Manga/Novel is better (duh..)

How to find the worst trash anime ever, so bad that people should be ashamed for even knowing this trash exist:
1. Check your favorite anime
2. Enjoy your shit taste pleb
Works everytime for everyone.
Oct 31, 2020 11:22 PM

Sep 2020
A lot of shit is said about NARUTO, but I would actually vouch for it.....except that ending tho damn....oh and not BORUTO either.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

40 by deg »»
15 seconds ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - 9 minutes ago

1 by Spunkert »»
4 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

228 by KeyiOs »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 18 minutes ago

2 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

» Advertise your favorite anime

Tannenbusch - 48 minutes ago

3 by NubFix »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.