Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 5, 2020 1:46 PM
Mar 2019
I am very sad to create this discussion thread but as the title suggests, the next two chapters are probably going to be the last two chapters of the best sports manga ever made(and this is no exaggeration). In the 31st issue of weekly shonen jump(WSJ) released on 6th July, it is confirmed that the next chapter will be the "Climax of the final arc of the manga", that is haikyuu and that the next two chapters are gonna be extra long chapters , most probably for concluding the manga.
Source: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-07-05/haikyu-manga-reaches-climax-of-final-arc/.161431
SonikdiumJul 5, 2020 1:51 PM
Jul 5, 2020 6:06 PM

Nov 2013
Nowhere near to best sports manga though.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jul 5, 2020 6:34 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
feelsbadman that it is ending.

abystoma2 said:
There is no such thing as "Best sports manga" btw.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 6, 2020 2:20 AM

Nov 2013
cchigu said:

abystoma2 said:
There is no such thing as "Best sports manga" btw.
There most likely is. I'll let you know when I read most of the sports manga as you need to do at least that to be able to think about which one is the best though.

My current candidate for the best would be Kokou no Hito, but I need to read more of the genre.
abystoma2Jul 6, 2020 2:56 AM
You all need to watch Nami.

Jul 6, 2020 3:28 AM

Nov 2016
Wouldn't have minded more, especially since there's so much you could still do, but ending it here makes sense. It was an awesome ride.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 6, 2020 6:50 PM

Jul 2017
Thank god it's nearly over. It's been such a major drag for so long now that the somewhat enjoyment I had for the first couple arcs all washed away and I got exhausted of this. I nearly see the finish line, and I'm crawling towards it with this manga so I'm glad I somewhat survived.
Jul 8, 2020 10:56 PM

Jan 2018
Ending next week. Final arc has been effing great.
Jul 12, 2020 8:13 AM

Aug 2010
animejas said:
Thank god it's nearly over. It's been such a major drag for so long now that the somewhat enjoyment I had for the first couple arcs all washed away and I got exhausted of this. I nearly see the finish line, and I'm crawling towards it with this manga so I'm glad I somewhat survived.

Were you following it weekly? Sports is the only genre I'd rather wait for several chapters to come out and read multiple volumes at once because it feels super slow and dragged out reading it weekly.

Best thing I've done was to stop reading most sports manga (such as Haikyuu) weekly and just wait for a few months to gather enough material to read at once and complete a game, for example. It feels much better and fun that way, avoiding cliffhangers and establishing a certain rythm, the reading flows much better for me. I guess everyone should do that BTW, or re-read everything once it's complete but now at one's own pace.
Jul 12, 2020 8:16 AM

May 2019
calling haikyuu the best sports manga ever made is quite an exaggeration
Jul 12, 2020 8:24 AM

Jul 2017
Guigas said:
animejas said:

Were you following it weekly? Sports is the only genre I'd rather wait for several chapters to come out and read multiple volumes at once because it feels super slow and dragged out reading it weekly.

Best thing I've done was to stop reading most sports manga (such as Haikyuu) weekly and just wait for a few months to gather enough material to read at once and complete a game, for example. It feels much better and fun that way, avoiding cliffhangers and establishing a certain rythm, the reading flows much better for me. I guess everyone should do that BTW, or re-read everything once it's complete but now at one's own pace.

Yep I've been reading it weekly but even then, I read a lot of it through binging too and even then I felt like it lost so much momentum and interest after the Shiratorizawa stuff. It just became tedious then and the fact that it's weekly's been more rough. It's not like this with me when I'm experiencing other sports manga like Hajime no Ippo, or Diamond no Ace Act II where matches are either paced better or if also slow, just more exciting to read about than Haikyuu's state the past few years.

Atleast it's near the finish line when I really started to dislike it badly so I don't have to drop it. If this manga was halfway, then I would've dropped it.
Jul 12, 2020 9:32 AM
Mar 2019
First things first, I have read a variety of sports manga including the top rated sports manga on MAL, which is Slam Dunk but I really fell that the way Haikyuu was paced and its story including its likeable characters just drew me more and more in . I became a weekly reader of Haikyuu in the last arc and there is not even a single chapter in the arc which did not give me goosebumps. It feels as if the whole manga was made for this last arc and at the same time the last arc does the perfect justice to all the characters it has been building throughout the manga. That is why, I seriously believe that calling Haikyuu the best sports manga is no exaggeration. Second, I completely believe many may differ with me and that is the reason why different people with different tastes gather in this anime and manga community and it is such a diverse community. I too differ with many because I do not think that Slam Dunk deserves the praise it is getting because atleast I did not find it as interesting as a lot of other sports manga. Although, my thoughts and my opinions dont matter much and everyone has their own tastes and interests.*PEACE*

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 294 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

9 by Charylle »»
Apr 10, 2:02 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 369 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

43 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 24, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 365 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

26 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 24, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 357 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

15 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 19, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 53 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2013

6 by Luma2 »»
Feb 19, 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.