Forum Settings
Forums

Tower of God's Author SIU has a Hernia and will be putting the series on Hiatus indefinitely

New
Jun 9, 2020 9:50 AM

May 2009
Tower of God's Author SIU has a hernia and will be putting the series on Hiatus indefinitely

Very sad news. I pray for autor-san complete recorvery.

Edit:
Autor-san have lback hernia, guys just wrong translate.
But still he has big health problems.

Original:
https://twitter.com/chokeslamgod/status/1270363228338561024

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/gzpu9a/tower_of_gods_author_siu_has_lung_disease_and/

English:

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
anime-primeJun 9, 2020 1:10 PM
Jun 9, 2020 10:53 AM

May 2018
Otaku-Aniki said:
Tower of God's Author SIU has lung cancer and will be putting the series on Hiatus indefinitely

Original:

English

I wanted to start the webtoon after the anime but i guess i shouldn't because it might never end...
I feel very bad for the author and i hope he will beat this terrible disease as fast as possible.
Jun 9, 2020 11:02 AM

Apr 2012
It's always sad when an author apologises to his readers for being sick, he should just focus on getting better.
EratiKJun 9, 2020 1:04 PM
Jun 9, 2020 11:10 AM
Oct 2016
But where does it say "Lung Cancer"? Where did that into come from?
Jun 9, 2020 11:13 AM

Mar 2010
I hope he recovers!!
Jun 9, 2020 11:31 AM

May 2009
Qrow_Branwen said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/gzpu9a/tower_of_gods_author_siu_has_lung_disease_and/

Autor-san have lung hernia, guys just wrong translate.
Jun 9, 2020 12:22 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Otaku-Aniki said:
Qrow_Branwen said:

In the link you posted they're talking about a back hernia, not a lung hernia.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jun 9, 2020 12:56 PM

May 2009
Jicetus said:
Otaku-Aniki said:

In the link you posted they're talking about a back hernia, not a lung hernia.

Edited. Thanx a lot for info.
Jun 9, 2020 1:10 PM

Feb 2019
I haven't even read his work but still I hope for his recovery.
Jun 9, 2020 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
Hope he recovers soon.
Jun 9, 2020 4:41 PM

Apr 2016
It’s both a sad and bad news but nothing can be done. I just hope for a smooth recovery for the author.
Jun 10, 2020 7:36 AM

Oct 2017
Ye SIU stated that he's sick in latest chap and put TOG on Hiatus.
Jun 14, 2020 8:09 PM
Oct 2019
Let's hope it doesn't end up like berserk or hunter X Hunter
Jun 29, 2020 4:28 PM

Nov 2019
is this real? i feel real bad for SUI, hope he's okay
Jun 29, 2020 5:38 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
For a moment, it sound like it heading to the same road as Zero no Tsukaima and Highschool of the Dead when I saw "lung cancer"

But after re-reading it after saw what mod said about the back hernia, it's nothing serious.

I had it before as an injury from breaking form during my weight lifting at higher weight. It hurt like heck for a few weeks since it compress on my sciatic nerve running down to my leg. He should be fine after several weeks or a few month. He should take this time to learn proper standing/sitting posture,stretch exercise, and increase his core strength to decrease the burden from his back that support his body weight.
Fuwa_sanJun 29, 2020 5:43 PM
Jun 30, 2020 12:08 PM
Sep 2017
Guys hernia isn't a serious illness. He will get back in good shape just a day after operation.
Jul 1, 2020 7:20 AM

Mar 2019
Just started reading after the anime, my God this is good.
Mr Author, Godspeed to you and hope for a healthy recovery.
Vanilla
Jul 1, 2020 7:45 AM
Nov 2019
Shizaya13 said:
Guys hernia isn't a serious illness. He will get back in good shape just a day after operation.

We all hope that, SIU is a cool author!
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Jul 1, 2020 9:29 AM
Oct 2013
This guy works really hard, like, he manages to release a weekly chapter with great art, color, and a story that builds up almost flawlessly. He sure pushes himself hard, I hope he gets well.
Jul 1, 2020 9:40 AM

Jan 2009
if this is like Togashi (Hunter x Hunter) kind of chronic back problems then its over for this comic lol

unless he hires a drawing artist so he can focus on story telling alone
Jul 1, 2020 9:43 AM

Dec 2018
Even though I’m not a reader I wish the best of luck to him in his recovery. I hope he can relax and that fans won’t harass him.
Jul 4, 2020 10:13 AM

Mar 2016
Damn, this is practically Hiatus x Hiatus all over again, except it’s for a series I don’t care for nearly as much as the former.
Jul 4, 2020 1:33 PM

Aug 2018
This guy is one of the most consistent authors I have ever seen. I have only been reading the weebtoon for about a year or so, however in that time I only remember him taking one or two breaks, which only lasted for a week. This guy is the definition of consistency, and can obviously take as much time as he needs to recover without apologizing for it. Best wishes from me.
Jul 5, 2020 6:23 AM
Apr 2017
Man_Oz said:
Let's hope it doesn't end up like berserk or hunter X Hunter
The fact that it's back and neck hernia, unfortunately, makes me believe that's how it will end up if he keeps pushing himself so much weekly, even after his hiatus.
Jul 7, 2020 12:31 AM

Sep 2011
deg said:
if this is like Togashi (Hunter x Hunter) kind of chronic back problems then its over for this comic lol

unless he hires a drawing artist so he can focus on story telling alone

More than chronic back problems, Togashi has chronic 'Dragon Quest ain't gonna play itself' problems.
Jul 7, 2020 9:33 AM
May 2016
Otaku-Aniki said:
Tower of God's Author SIU has a hernia and will be putting the series on Hiatus indefinitely

Edit:

Original:

Source:

English:

Man I've just started reading the manhwa. IAM going at an incredible speed but guess now I have to slow down. I hope he gets well soon.
Aug 27, 2020 8:04 AM

Feb 2020
Otaku-Aniki said:

Edit:

Original:

Source:

English:

Some clarification, because this thread is still being cited for proving that our Korean translators got it wrong and SIU actually has lung cancer in the ToG fandom today.

The reddit thread you cited got its source from GOOGLE TRANSLATING a Chinese thread, where one of the comments randomly sprouted "Pneumonia", and it became the start of the nightmare for ToG mods. Because over the next few weeks people won't stop talking about how SIU has lung cancer. Please check your sources before spreading it next time.

Plugging in my comment on the reddit thread to the person who started this bs

" Obligatory fuck you for using Google Translate to spread baseless rumours, and causing it to snowball across the entire ToG fandom

The original text is Chinese, I'm a Chinese. Here I'll plug in what the mods requested me to translate, cause it has spread to MAL, Reddit and Discord even till today. It has snowballed, from fans accusing our Korean translators for translating SIU's author notes wrongly, to everyone believing that SIU has lung cancer, and believing that the official Taiwanese translators got it wrong, when they're the most reliable ones we have so far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TowerofGod/comments/gzolf9/is_slave_in_utero_okay_i_heard_there_is_going_to/fthsjwa/

" Hi there, that image is a screenshot from the Taiwanese LINE webtoon fastpass. I suspect it might be my screenshot because I just shared it on discord earlier, but at any rate.

I am a native Chinese speaker, my family speaks Chinese all my life, I have been studying Chinese for 9 years in a Chinese school, and I have represented my school in translation competitions before, so I hope that gives enough credentials for my translation. Here is word for word what is stated in that image.

>大家好,我是 SIU
>Hi everyone, I'm SIU
>
>因為最近身體狀況變差,神之塔必須暫時停止連載。
>Because my recent body situation [Translator's note: ie. health] got worse, Tower of God has to temporarily stop serialising.
>
>在故事進行的途中突然停止連載,我對各位讀者深感抱歉
>To suddenly stop serialising in the middle of the story development, my deepest apologies for all readers
>
>謝謝各位一直以來的支持,
>Thanks to everyone's support all these time,
>
>我會努力以健康的姿態回來,再次與大家見面的。
>I will try my best to come back in a healthy state, to meet/see everyone again [Translator's note: figuratively, he always says "see you next week" on his blogposts].
>
>(因為某些因素,無法告訴大家確切的復刊日期,
>(For certain reasons, I can't give everyone a clear date for resume of serialisation,
>
>但把神之塔加入‘最愛’的話,就能在開始連載時收到通知了。)
>But if you add ToG to 'Subscribed', you will receive a notification when the serialisation starts.)
>
>只要按下這個按鈕就可以了。
>Just press this button will do.
>
>非常感謝大家,也非常抱歉。
>Very thankful to everyone, and very sorry for this.
>
>
>SIU

Nothing about lung cancer or any mention of anything that remotely suggests that, I honestly don't know how that rumour came about. It's like reading a sentence "I love ToG" and telling everyone this person hates ToG, that's how I see this situation, as a person who understands Chinese as a native speaker. It’s honestly not nice to guess things and spread it based on a language you don’t understand. "

You claim that SIU has lung disease because of a random comment in Chinese thread saying pneumonia? And you didn't even check the original text? Think twice before using Google Translate man, I've seen multiple instances of the translation giving completely opposite meaning of what was conveyed.

ends my reddit comment.

If anyone is still curious, here's the actual translation by a Korean, who translated SIU's blog posts stating that he has hernia.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TowerofGod/comments/i2vntj/megathread_sius_health_and_hiatus/
yuzuruhanyuuAug 27, 2020 8:15 AM
Sep 21, 2020 1:01 AM

May 2009
New but sad news:

"New post on Siu's blog explaining that he's going through some tough times right now therefore he's not planning on coming back to work on the series as he mentioned "I hope that readers are happy, If one day it is decided to return to the series, I will make an announcement"

""Tower of God" creator Siu will not resume the series in the foreseeable future as stated in a blog post due to the heavy stress the serialization had on the author. If this decidion changes, readers will get notified."

Source:
https://twitter.com/ToGManhwa/status/1307771412606836743
https://twitter.com/MangaMogura/status/1307788051461156869
Sep 21, 2020 1:06 AM
Jul 2018
well rip tower of simp, thats so sad SIU is only 34 and already has so many health problems
Sep 21, 2020 2:10 PM

Nov 2018
Season 3 was a mess.
Sep 22, 2020 6:28 AM

Oct 2015
Just when the plot is going to be thicken . Poor ToG. Still the best manhwa from South Korean.
Sep 25, 2020 12:03 AM

Jul 2014
drip said:
Kek this retard said his health isn't why he isn't continuing. It's the lack of fullfilment and doesn't like the story anymore.

Crunchyroll should revoke any partnership and cancel s2 release.

What a fucking loser.

I think you are definitely misinformed. Just saying, the google translate of his blog post is very inaccurate and too many people trusted that google translation...
Oct 3, 2020 11:08 PM

Nov 2018
Well now i know what the HxH fans feel now.
Oct 4, 2020 1:54 PM
Jun 2020
Will it be enough to rival Togashi? Only time will tell.
Oct 6, 2020 9:47 AM
Oct 2020
drip said:
Scordolo said:

You don't even know about the condition of the author and you're telling that he is a fucking loser???You are the loser here because you are just jealous of his masterpiece.If he didn't like the story he wouldn't have even started making it.

You seemingly only watch conversation piece shows so I'm willing to bet you've heard of HunterxHunter or even a little show called Bleach. People lose interest in their creation pretty commonly, and his "illness" is a hernia.

He is a loser, deal with it.

He has been the most consistent author I have ever seen. Maximum break he took before this was probably few weeks long. It was obvious he will strain himself someday and it hasn't even been confirmed that he will stop publishing series. I bet you haven't even draw a single piece of art up to this day. He does that every week pumping out hundreds of panels. So stop belittling the author without understanding the circumstances. You are just a ignorant moron and a sore loser.
Oct 18, 2020 9:54 PM

Aug 2015
After just finishing reading the manwha (or basically until 485/hiatus) I can tell this will end up rather abruptly, or it will never really end.

Considering how SIU barely takes breaks making the series I can definitively believe he have an hernia, but even if he hadn't, 485 chapters (most of them are the lenght of a monthly manga, not even a weekly one) is extremely daunting. In fact, there is so much that hasn't even being covered (we sre still 25 levels below Wolhaiksong) and Bam is already (and so suddenly) fighting people that supposedly were already strong enough to be legends in the tower. He have gotten (literally) more power ups than Ichigo and he will continue to get them until he gets to the 124th floor or above. But the thing is, unless this manwha ends up being longer than Hajime no Ippo I really doubt we will see everything covered, or the manwha even finished.

TL;DR The Hell Train was (mostly) a mistake and it shouldn't have been 200 chapters long. It's basically the Dressrosa of ToG, being so long it fucked the progression of the author, who will probably rush everything once he is too tired either physically or mentally of the series.
Oct 19, 2020 6:39 AM

May 2009
Good news:
"Popular "Tower of God" by Siu is planning to resume mid November 2020, details will follow soon according to a recent blog post."

https://twitter.com/MangaMogura/status/1318156956465614851?s=20
Oct 19, 2020 8:51 AM
Apr 2017
Otaku-Aniki said:
Good news:
"Popular "Tower of God" by Siu is planning to resume mid November 2020, details will follow soon according to a recent blog post."

https://twitter.com/MangaMogura/status/1318156956465614851?s=20

This is alarming.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tower of God Chapter 620 Discussion

Doutei-kun - Apr 21

4 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 24, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tower of God Chapter 619 Discussion

Doutei-kun - Apr 20

2 by Senju-Kun »»
Apr 21, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Tower of God Chapter 618 Discussion

CQLLIST - Apr 9

2 by Doutei-kun »»
Apr 20, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Tower of God Chapter 607 Discussion

Doutei-kun - Jan 29

9 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 19, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Tower of God Chapter 588 Discussion

Poker1st - Sep 10, 2023

6 by BumbleBeez »»
Apr 7, 5:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.