Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
May 29, 2020 2:28 AM

Oct 2017
Here’s the official PV: https://youtu.be/SlNpRThS9t8

What’s everyone’s thoughts and are you happy with the animation? I sure am this is awesome. HYPEEEE
May 29, 2020 2:31 AM

Oct 2019
Oh god, not MAPPA.

I don't want to sound nit-picky but the art style looks flat. They've made no attempt at copying it and it looks like a typical MAPPA anime. Animation looks frankly inconsistent and I'm not happy with how it looks at all.

Oh well. Hope it looks better when its actually released.
May 29, 2020 2:33 AM

Jan 2009
MAPPA is the next JC Staff in the making lol
May 29, 2020 2:35 AM

Oct 2017
Fuzzylumpkins said:
Oh god, not MAPPA.

I don't want to sound nit-picky but the art style looks flat. They've made no attempt at copying it and it looks like a typical MAPPA anime. Animation looks frankly inconsistent and I'm not happy with how it looks at all.

Some of the scenes look weird such as the shots of Levi and Reiner, but other than that it looks fine. Hopefully we get something a little better during. The main poster image was kinda weird with Erens titan. Only time can tell from now...
May 29, 2020 2:36 AM

Jan 2016
Not gonna lie, that trailer is insane.
The latest arcs on manga has been mindblowing, I can't wait for it to get adapted.
May 29, 2020 2:36 AM

Oct 2017
deg said:
MAPPA is the next JC Staff in the making lol

They did OPM 2 didn’t they? F.
May 29, 2020 2:38 AM

May 2013
Oh, that's good to see I guess. The action scenes should be a treat to watch if MAPPA's Rage of Bahamut was any indicator. A bit on the fence regarding the change in art but it'll probably be good.

@deg Might interest you

Truly a Divine Comedy
May 29, 2020 2:44 AM

Oct 2019
Weebookey said:
Fuzzylumpkins said:
Oh god, not MAPPA.

Some of the scenes look weird such as the shots of Levi and Reiner, but other than that it looks fine. Hopefully we get something a little better during. The main poster image was kinda weird with Erens titan. Only time can tell from now...

yeah, hopefully its better... I have to say the first part of the trailer was complete hype though. The animation of that bird was so good. Can't say that the rest of the trailer was the same. The change in art style will for sure take getting used to....

May 29, 2020 4:05 AM

Oct 2017
Fuzzylumpkins said:
Weebookey said:

yeah, hopefully its better... I have to say the first part of the trailer was complete hype though. The animation of that bird was so good. Can't say that the rest of the trailer was the same. The change in art style will for sure take getting used to....

I think the art is fine tbh. The shading and colouring is what a lot of people are discussing and on the fence about atm.
May 29, 2020 6:18 AM

Nov 2018
Speaking of taking over, SNK is probably about to overtake Naruto as MAL's most popular manga series.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
May 29, 2020 6:19 AM

May 2018
_cjessop19_ said:
Speaking of taking over, SNK is probably about to overtake Naruto as MAL's most popular manga series.

That will provably happen when the manga ends or when the final season is out.
May 29, 2020 6:23 AM

Oct 2017
Rider9530 said:
_cjessop19_ said:

Wouldn’t be surprised, heck even one of the Demon slayer volumes got 45 Million sales.
May 29, 2020 6:26 AM

May 2018
Weebookey said:
Rider9530 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised, heck even one of the Demon slayer volumes got 45 Million sales.

We are talking about the MAL stats not the sales.
AOT unfortunately has almost no chance of surpassing Naruto's total sales.
May 29, 2020 6:42 AM
Oct 2019
I really appreciate Studio MAPPA for how often they undertake gory anime projects and do it justice. I like them and I think they’ll do absolutely fine handling this and Jujutsu Kaisen. But, I’m just curious what’s standing in the way of Wit Studio finishing out the series? Studio MAPPA and Wit Studio also have such different styles so I’m definitely sad to see them not finishing out the series because I feel like Wit Studio’s style suited the series more. On a side note, I haven’t caught up with the manga yet so no spoilers, but how is this the anime’s last season if the manga is still ongoing? I know it’s slated to end in 2020 but did an official announcement come out on when the manga ending date will be now? Or did something happen in the manga that set up the ending to definitely be in a couple chapters?
May 29, 2020 6:48 AM

Oct 2017
CKurisu said:
I really appreciate Studio MAPPA for how often they undertake gory anime projects and do it justice. I like them and I think they’ll do absolutely fine handling this and Jujutsu Kaisen. But, I’m just curious what’s standing in the way of Wit Studio finishing out the series? Studio MAPPA and Wit Studio also have such different styles so I’m definitely sad to see them not finishing out the series because I feel like Wit Studio’s style suited the series more. On a side note, I haven’t caught up with the manga yet so no spoilers, but how is this the anime’s last season if the manga is still ongoing? I know it’s slated to end in 2020 but did an official announcement come out on when the manga ending date will be now? Or did something happen in the manga that set up the ending to definitely be in a couple chapters?

The manga is about to end lmao. That wouldn’t affect the anime at all because it will be two-cour. Enough would be covered so by the time part 2 is completed the manga will be as well..
May 29, 2020 6:52 AM

May 2013
CKurisu said:
I really appreciate Studio MAPPA for how often they undertake gory anime projects and do it justice. I like them and I think they’ll do absolutely fine handling this and Jujutsu Kaisen. But, I’m just curious what’s standing in the way of Wit Studio finishing out the series? Studio MAPPA and Wit Studio also have such different styles so I’m definitely sad to see them not finishing out the series because I feel like Wit Studio’s style suited the series more.

Check this out

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2019/05/19/attack-on-titan-at-its-wits-end/
Truly a Divine Comedy
May 29, 2020 8:39 AM
Jul 2019
The action sequences look pretty good but the character design looks crap to me. What happened to Levi and everyone? This isn't Listeners.
May 29, 2020 8:42 AM

Oct 2017
SomeGuyWithHair said:
The action sequences look pretty good but the character design looks crap to me. What happened to Levi and everyone? This isn't Listeners.

I saw a comparison post earlier today and I must say I’ve completely forgotten what Levi looked like in season 1. I think some look good, gabbi and ymir look nice as well as the titans (except Eren in the poster). Reiner has some clunky looking shots but hopefully this improves.
May 29, 2020 8:45 AM
Jul 2019
Weebookey said:
SomeGuyWithHair said:

I saw a comparison post earlier today and I must say I’ve completely forgotten what Levi looked like in season 1. I think some look good, gabbi and ymir look nice as well as the titans (except Eren in the poster). Reiner has some clunky looking shots but hopefully this improves.

I wish they stayed consistent with the artsyle. Now it feels like I'm looking at a completely different world than before.
May 29, 2020 9:02 AM

Oct 2017
SomeGuyWithHair said:
Weebookey said:

I wish they stayed consistent with the artsyle. Now it feels like I'm looking at a completely different world than before.

I understand they have signature styles but I do wish they at least try and keep what IG was going for. Seasons 1 and 3 were very different and still ended well with high praise ๐Ÿคท‍โ™‚๏ธ I wouldn’t necessarily shit on the studio but keep in mind the ace art director and other staff. Thankfully Sawano is still doing OST.
May 29, 2020 11:01 AM

Oct 2019
I thought the PV was great overall. All the Marley Warrior candidates, as well as Reiner and Zeke are spot on. Porco and Pieck look great too. Did anyone else think Levi looked different at first? Anyways Levi vs Zeke in the woods!! =0
Omg the War Hammer Titan looks amazing! Cannot wait to see Eren vs War Hammer in Liberio. Also they better not mess up the coordinate scene because I thought it looked weird at first. Other than that the art style kind of looked fuzzy? Idk that’s a minor thing, overall I am looking forward to the action scenes in S4. MAPPA’s done a pretty good job with this PV. The music in this PV is not bad either(it wasn’t Hiroyuki Sawano though... interesting)
May 29, 2020 11:26 AM
May 2016
bruhhh the people saying Mappa are at all comparable to J.C. Staff, lmao, the delusion of doomposters is the funniest shit, I love you guys.
May 29, 2020 1:22 PM

Jul 2017
There's so many spoilers lmao

Eren vs Reiner at Shiganshina had Marley Eren's design lol

May 29, 2020 4:31 PM
Sep 2017
-rian- said:
I don't give a rats ass about the animation, I just want to see Reiner content. I'm satisfied.

Best boi of the series. Can't wait to see Marley cast interacting with each other(*before the storm btw*).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2020 5:18 PM

Oct 2017
Attackonfiller said:
There's so many spoilers lmao

Eren vs Reiner at Shiganshina had Marley Eren's design lol

I think the PV showed too much, even if there was no context. But annoying to see the coordinate and parasite thing in the trailer lol
May 30, 2020 4:18 AM

Mar 2018
I love MAPPA and this is probably still the best outcome but I still very much have my doubts. Hiroyuki Sawano is no longer in charge of the music and for me, AoT had a very distinct sound that will be lost. On the other hand the whole story changes so much with the final arcs that it might work.
May 30, 2020 8:26 PM
Apr 2016
Even the studio changes, the PV is no. 18 #trending in my country.

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, the narrator in the pv I remind me of Jiraiya(the voice I mean)
Jun 1, 2020 6:16 AM
Nov 2018
Oh.. the PV's title is "final season." Kinda saddeningg. :')

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Jun 1, 2020 7:31 PM
Oct 2019
Weebookey said:
CKurisu said:

The manga is about to end lmao. That wouldn’t affect the anime at all because it will be two-cour. Enough would be covered so by the time part 2 is completed the manga will be as well..

Well yeah the manga has been confirmed to end this year. But I haven’t heard anything about a specific date or chapter yet. So since I’m not caught up on the manga I was wondering exactly how far ahead of the last anime season that aired it is and if, without spoilers, someone could clue me in on whether the manga currently seems to be still trending towards an end very soon.
Jun 1, 2020 10:41 PM

Oct 2017
CKurisu said:
Weebookey said:

Well yeah the manga has been confirmed to end this year. But I haven’t heard anything about a specific date or chapter yet. So since I’m not caught up on the manga I was wondering exactly how far ahead of the last anime season that aired it is and if, without spoilers, someone could clue me in on whether the manga currently seems to be still trending towards an end very soon.

We are in the final arc and everything is coming together with final tensions, a lot has happened in the manga following season 3, which ended at chapter 90. Id say we have around 5 chapters left to finish the story, its currently at 128.
WeebookeyJun 1, 2020 10:50 PM
Jun 2, 2020 11:58 AM
May 2016
huntress1013 said:
I love MAPPA and this is probably still the best outcome but I still very much have my doubts. Hiroyuki Sawano is no longer in charge of the music and for me, AoT had a very distinct sound that will be lost. On the other hand the whole story changes so much with the final arcs that it might work.

Sawano is still doing the music, they just wrote his name in Japanese in the trailer rather than in English.
Jun 2, 2020 12:28 PM

Mar 2018
Modernoir said:
huntress1013 said:

Sawano is still doing the music, they just wrote his name in Japanese in the trailer rather than in English.

I thought they mentioned someone else but that's okay then.
Jun 2, 2020 12:34 PM
May 2016
huntress1013 said:
Modernoir said:

I thought they mentioned someone else but that's okay then.
It's his assistant iirc, they're both working on the soundtrack for the series so rest assured it looks like we're still getting Isayama's bangers.
Jun 3, 2020 1:42 PM
Oct 2019
Weebookey said:
CKurisu said:

We are in the final arc and everything is coming together with final tensions, a lot has happened in the manga following season 3, which ended at chapter 90. Id say we have around 5 chapters left to finish the story, its currently at 128.

Tight, thanks. I gotta catch up on the manga.
Jun 3, 2020 1:43 PM
Oct 2019
KreatorX said:
CKurisu said:
I really appreciate Studio MAPPA for how often they undertake gory anime projects and do it justice. I like them and I think they’ll do absolutely fine handling this and Jujutsu Kaisen. But, I’m just curious what’s standing in the way of Wit Studio finishing out the series? Studio MAPPA and Wit Studio also have such different styles so I’m definitely sad to see them not finishing out the series because I feel like Wit Studio’s style suited the series more.

Check this out

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2019/05/19/attack-on-titan-at-its-wits-end/

Thanks for the link. Good read!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.