Forum Settings
Forums

Which anime fandom has put you off from checking their show?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 7, 2020 12:42 AM

Aug 2018
Well I have 2 in mind

Jojo fanbase- can't ever shut up about memes,etc., the fanbase is good but still memes became annoying as hell thats why I have no plans of watching Jojo soon

Attack on Titan - my friend is part of this fanbase and I can say that when we talk about anine he can't shut up about how AoT first season is one of the greatest animes of all time but MAL scores and reviews show that this is a very doubtful argument

May 7, 2020 12:43 AM

Sep 2015
WitchJacqueline said:
Osomatsu-san, I basically go fight or flight everytime I see one of em shits now so I don't think I'll get much out of the show.

Yo, I loved Osomatsu San and thought it was so funny, but oh my god that fandom is cursed.

I don't know what happened to them.
May 7, 2020 11:51 AM

Mar 2013
HeruruMeruru said:
I only saw the first season of Attack on Titan and enjoyed it at the time but I have no interest in seeing the rest of the series because of bad experiences with both the fandom and the hatedom.

Jojo is a weird one because I found the memes really obnoxious and when I finally did give it a chance I felt hype backlash... but then I watched more of it and ended up rather enjoying it and even find the memes funny if they're not completely shoehorned. I cannot stand the evangelical fans that think it's the best work of fiction ever made, though.

You seem to be punishing yourself due to an experience you had with some toxic group.
May 9, 2020 2:05 AM

Oct 2018
My Hero Academia... now I'm just so not interested on watching it ( but I do like a lot Todoroki)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2020 6:37 AM

May 2019
One Piece.

"Hey dude, watch One Piece, it gets good once you hit EP 778777989779798."

May 9, 2020 6:43 AM

Sep 2014
RazorWireSodomy said:
One Piece.

Who said that?

One Piece is good from the beginning. It just keep getting better the more you watch.
May 9, 2020 6:47 AM

May 2019
Hrybami said:
RazorWireSodomy said:
One Piece.

Who said that?

Every single friend of mine who likes the show, they said that they almost dropped it in the beggining and that they started to like it from EP 100+

May 9, 2020 6:54 AM

Aug 2017
A toxic fanbase will never stop me from watching their show, especially toxic fanbases like One Piece, Fairy Tail, Demon Slayer and One Punch Man but I was close to avoiding watching Cowboy Bebop after being annoyed by (at least where I come from) obnoxious fanboys praising a LOT the series like the second coming of Christ. Luckily the show was decent but it's a far from how it was idolized.
NurguburuMay 9, 2020 6:58 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 9, 2020 7:27 AM

Sep 2014
RazorWireSodomy said:
Hrybami said:

Who said that?

Every single friend of mine who likes the show, they said that they almost dropped it in the beggining and that they started to like it from EP 100+

I guess that if they have watched 100 episodes already, then they actually liked the show.

I mean, the show can get better latter, but it can't turn from bad to good in such a big amount of episodes.
KryzakamiHrybamiMay 9, 2020 7:31 AM
May 9, 2020 11:00 PM
Jul 2018
Diorblades said:
My Hero Academy, though the character design itself was enough to turn me off. The fanbase was just confirmation

i second this. i enjoyed the first two seasons but after that i just lost interest. also the fandom is just a whole other dimension...
May 10, 2020 1:24 AM

Oct 2016
Satyr_icon said:
Gintama. Not because they're annoying or anything but because each fan has a different idea of when it "gets good". Some tell you by the second episode, others by episode 20, some even by episode 50, so...I just gave up trying altogether. My patience for a show to get good is near zero, and Gintama has way too many "get goods" surrounding it. I can't understand someone watching 20~50 episodes of a show they don't think it's that good.
I feel really similar. I still hold out hope I'll eventually like it but it's "low priority" basically. Because if it'll take 50 episodes that's going to be a bit tough to sit through and I prefer not literally skipping ahead where possible. So I'll just sporadically watch a couple episodes here & there in between everything else.

I did at least find the DBZ parodies to be pretty funny like with a Frieza parody, I'd watched some brief clips of specifically that. I think they were from like episode 99 & episode 116 or so. So I am pretty sure they did in fact find their stride at some point and got a whole lot better compared to like first 5 or 10 episodes, but tough to say when exactly.
May 10, 2020 1:38 AM

Aug 2010
Also MHA. I've read some of manga and I'm definitely planning to check anime as well to make my own opinion but as for manga, I was not impressed. MHA fanbase both on internet and on cons was and still is big turn off for me so I keep postponing watching it over and over again.
May 18, 2022 11:26 AM
May 2022
FreshPrinceof3H said:
Satyr_icon said:
Gintama. Not because they're annoying or anything but because each fan has a different idea of when it "gets good". Some tell you by the second episode, others by episode 20, some even by episode 50, so...I just gave up trying altogether. My patience for a show to get good is near zero, and Gintama has way too many "get goods" surrounding it. I can't understand someone watching 20~50 episodes of a show they don't think it's that good.
I feel really similar. I still hold out hope I'll eventually like it but it's "low priority" basically. Because if it'll take 50 episodes that's going to be a bit tough to sit through and I prefer not literally skipping ahead where possible. So I'll just sporadically watch a couple episodes here & there in between everything else.

I did at least find the DBZ parodies to be pretty funny like with a Frieza parody, I'd watched some brief clips of specifically that. I think they were from like episode 99 & episode 116 or so. So I am pretty sure they did in fact find their stride at some point and got a whole lot better compared to like first 5 or 10 episodes, but tough to say when exactly.

EP 3 and 4 pretty much decide if you'd like the show or not, even if you are slightly underwhelmed but like some aspects of it like the way it introduces its characters or how the main cast interact with each other you are probably gonna have a blast watching it. The show's structure as well allows for a really unique viewing experience you can just watch 1-2 episodes per day while eating and binge through the short serious arcs.
May 18, 2022 7:42 PM

Jul 2021
Naruto but from long ago. All my college friends who were into Naruto would take every opportunity to run bent over at the waist with their arms trailing behind them. And many in-jokes that I never got. The animu was strong.
May 18, 2022 7:49 PM

Apr 2021
None. When I judge an anime, I judge it for what it is, not for what the fandom makes out of it.
May 19, 2022 3:12 AM
Aug 2021
I don’t remember having such an experience so the answer is no.
May 20, 2022 12:20 AM
Apr 2022
Every battle Shounen (except for one piece but I still didn't liked it)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Vinland Saga
Hibike Euphonium
Most harem shows
Oregairu

Those fanbases are either pseudo intellectuals or toxic
May 20, 2022 12:28 AM

Jan 2022
None really, most of the things that I like have cringeworthy fanbases, so I'm used to just ignoring the fandom best I can.

Jun 18, 2022 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
None. If a show has a shitty fanbase it doesn't mean it sucks.
Jun 18, 2022 3:30 PM

Feb 2021
MHA. I am refusing to watch the show because of the fandom. Thanks VRchat.

Protect the smile!

Jun 18, 2022 3:35 PM

Apr 2018
Lmao, if a fanbase ''put'' you off from checking or watching a show. You got the weakest mentality in the west. Check a docotor ASAP and see if you got any brain issues.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 18, 2022 3:35 PM

Jun 2022
I did watch 30 episodes of LoGH but the fanbase put me off from ever completing it, and well the show sucked too.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is there any specific setting or theme you’re biased to

nishant0 - 8 hours ago

9 by animejas »»
40 seconds ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 4 hours ago

77 by Piromysl »»
1 minute ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 10 hours ago

31 by -YaoiBoy- »»
3 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Apr 25

34 by BitChilly »»
3 minutes ago

» I really wish that more animes had re-caps

Atmogenic - Yesterday

13 by Rinrinka »»
3 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.