Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 10, 2020 10:31 AM

Jun 2016
damnnn this episode and next episode gonna be EPIC !!!

i love to aru railgun series than original one !!
Apr 10, 2020 10:32 AM

Nov 2014
Awesome episode. That due is so cool. Actually, was it explained what exactly is Gunha's power? Like, is it just pure strength or is there more to it?
Apr 10, 2020 10:33 AM
Mar 2015
Great battles as the boys and Judgment join the battle
Apr 10, 2020 10:34 AM

Oct 2017
Absolutely amazing episode, this was full of hype. Sogita and Touma fighting side by side was something I was looking forward to see since the start of this season and glad to finally see it has started. Thou lol I never thought it would be against Misaka. The animation and visuals were really great too.
Apr 10, 2020 10:45 AM

Oct 2008
oh my god! another excellent awesome episode!
badass part - when Touma & Gunha both stopped the lightning strike of Misaka!
and also their team-up to stop rampaging Misaka!
5/5.

Apr 10, 2020 10:47 AM
Apr 2019
good episode although they gave a lot of focus to the the pair of obtrusive guys, but it's ok I just hope Kuroko saves Misaka soon.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Apr 10, 2020 10:48 AM

Jul 2016
Been waiting for Touma and Gunha team up.
And such a good episode! Good animation and OST!
Also was waiting for this part from the manga lol

Apr 10, 2020 11:01 AM

Mar 2019
after all that action you remember that they are all middle schoolers .. lol but the addition of saitama(OPM) is kinda cool.
Apr 10, 2020 11:04 AM

May 2019
oh my god that was a very good episode

the team work bee twin touma and gunha was awesome

thy really did amazing job adapting this from the manga

amazing punch/5

Kaiser_Senpai said:
Devil_Slayer said:
What the actual fuck? Never seen such level of animation and quality in any episode of Toaru before.

We waited for so long and JC staff delivered

Kenichiro Aoki is the name, the guy trying to save J.C's ass. Well Shibukawa helps too with good cuts but Aoki does 80% of those amazing cuts, he's just insane.

yeah at this point Aoki is the only trump card jc staff have

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenApr 12, 2020 6:00 AM
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Apr 10, 2020 11:11 AM

Feb 2008
OH Yes, the EPIC duo is here, see T just need some Guts to be excellent.

Oi Kamachi where is our "Toaru kagaku no Hyper Eccentric ULTRA GREAT GIGA EXTREME ANOTHER HYPER AMAZING PUNCH!!!" spin-off, we need it asap.
Apr 10, 2020 11:16 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Spiryts said:

Oi Kamachi where is our "Toaru kagaku no Hyper Eccentric ULTRA GREAT GIGA EXTREME ANOTHER HYPER AMAZING PUNCH!!!" spin-off, we need it asap.

We got astral buddy and he has a few fight scenes in it.
Apr 10, 2020 11:24 AM

Apr 2017
Askaa said:
Kaiser_Senpai said:

Kenichiro Aoki is the name, the guy trying to save J.C's ass. Well Shibukawa helps too with good cuts but Aoki does 80% of those amazing cuts, he's just insane.

yeah at this point Aoki is the only trump card jc staff have

Not the only, like I said Shibukawa is a pretty good animator as well, but ye he's carrying hard for sure.
Apr 10, 2020 11:27 AM

Jan 2019
Hyper eccentric ultra great giga extreme... hyper again... amazing episode!

Seeing all the players coming to Misaka's rescue is really neat. Gunha and Touma are definitely the highlight though and the battle scenes are dope af. Gunha holding Touma like a damsel in distress was pretty funny, but overall, great interaction between these two.

Also, am I the only one glad they're using the original Imagine Breaker sound as opposed to the one used in Index III? It sounds much better.
Apr 10, 2020 11:27 AM
Oct 2018
Yukikaze_sama said:
Awesome episode. That due is so cool. Actually, was it explained what exactly is Gunha's power? Like, is it just pure strength or is there more to it?

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenApr 12, 2020 6:01 AM
Apr 10, 2020 11:30 AM
Jan 2013
This episode was simply glorious. Unfortunately it also makes Index 3 hurt my soul even more.
Apr 10, 2020 11:35 AM

May 2018
I knew that J.C.Staff can really do amazing things when they try, the problem is that they didn't try with Index 3 (or with Index in general)...
Apr 10, 2020 11:46 AM

May 2018
So brilliant. Good job JC Staff.
Apr 10, 2020 12:04 PM

Feb 2014
God bless Kenichiro Aoki and his skills. Thanks to him, this episode's battle animations looked incredible. J.C Staff is doing an amazing job with this adaptation so far. ^_^

There was plenty of action in this episode for everyone and it kept me on the edge of my seat. Kuroko has got involved now and she already saved Shokuhou from the clutches of Mitori. Thanks to that, Kuroko can go after her while Shokuhou can face off against Gensei.

Meanwhile, Touma teams up with Gunha as they do their best to against Misaka in her new form. Misaka's lightning blast at the control tower, while it didn't go any damage, looked insane. Her other fighting skills is strong, which made Touma and Gunha go all out to try and get close to her.

This episode still had time to drop a few funny moments as well, with Gunha carrying Touma bridal style after saving him fro one of Misaka's attacks being one of my favourite moments. XD

If Aoki and J.C Staff is showing just how good they can go with this quality, then I hope they can keep this up as we get closer towards the climax of this arc. Just thinking about it makes me super excited! =3
Apr 10, 2020 12:23 PM

Feb 2008
ACasualViewer said:
Spiryts said:

We got astral buddy and he has a few fight scenes in it.

Yeah, I know, but some stand alone Amazing spin-off would be nice.
Apr 10, 2020 12:49 PM
Jun 2017

These two have such a good dynamic lol
Apr 10, 2020 12:54 PM

Oct 2017
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Still not sure what shall I feel about the fact Railgun T is adapted much better than Index III lol.

Truth....
I just said the same to the person I was watching this episode with.
Index III was a hot mess because they tried to cram 9 volumes in one season and it still hurts me,... I was so looking forward to it...😢

This series helps me heal from that hurt a bit.😉
To be honest, however much I liked Index, Railgun was always the more "accessable" shows of the two.
Apr 10, 2020 1:00 PM

Jan 2013
this is like the most Toma has ever done in all of Railgun (by itself) and i like it!
and i like this guts fella now after having reservations at first
both make a fantastic team especially after the princess carry xD
Apr 10, 2020 1:41 PM

Aug 2009
Now imagine if these 11 episodes were squeezed in just 3.
That's the curse Index has to deal with.

ShinyOppai said:
after all that action you remember that they are all middle schoolers .. lol but the addition of saitama(OPM) is kinda cool.

Touma and Gunha are highschoolers
Apr 10, 2020 1:43 PM

Nov 2019
This episode was so good it felt like five minutes...guess I have to wait for another week for THAT.

And this again shows why we need a doujin of Touma and Gunha together (wtf I am even saying)

The CGI used is one of the best I have seen by JC Staff in ages. Misaki's chat with Touma was heartbreaking again...

"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 10, 2020 2:56 PM

Apr 2012
Gunha's power punches could give Saitama a run for his money.
Touma should just embrace Misaka so he wouldn't be deflected by her outer energy shield.
Excellent episode - 5/5
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 10, 2020 3:03 PM

Apr 2015
My god this was incredible in every way possible!

Finally it happened that any of the main girls realized that there are more Misaka's walking around the City and it happen to be Kuroko who noticed, about time and I can't wait to see if Mikoto will open up about it afterwards.

Touma and Gunha meeting each other for the first time but the dynamic that they have is gold from the start, their teamwork was pretty epic!! When Gunha threw Touma towards Misaka was a perfect moment for a "such misfortune", but sadly it didn't happen! Gunha is no joke, stopping a steel beam with his forehead alone! Call me impressed!

Best moment between them was when they both stopped Misaka's lightning and they both started questioning how in the world the other managed to do that XD

Now the long wait for next week's episode begins!!
Apr 10, 2020 3:36 PM

May 2019
One of the most epic episodes I've seen so far, with a lump in my throat all the time. The appearance of Kuroko is very epic, as well as seeing a fight with Kamijou and No. 7 joining forces. Brutal. Each new episode beats the previous one.
Apr 10, 2020 4:27 PM

Jun 2017
Wait, How did Misaki's mental out worked on Touma yet telepathic ability didn't work on him in Index II even without having Touma touching his head? Aren't both supposed to be mind based ability, or am I missing something?

Other than that, good episode overall. Touma and Gunha duo was epic. If only the main series got adapted as good as the spin offs.
Apr 10, 2020 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
awesome episode, the new guy and touma make a great pair. SUGOI PUNCH!! can’t wait for next episode
Apr 10, 2020 4:41 PM
Apr 2019
As first impressions go, Sogiita Gunha sure is someting. My first male on male anime crush just started. No Homo. ; )
Apr 10, 2020 4:53 PM

Apr 2009
lol at Touma getting princess carried by Gunha.
Apr 10, 2020 6:33 PM

Jan 2011
Railgun continues to fucking slap man it's wild how good this is and truly a shame how much index suffered compared to how well this has been done.

had the same reaction to Gunha smacking the lighting away this dude is too strong how does he work lol only on guts?!
Apr 10, 2020 6:59 PM

Feb 2010
Malfin said:
Wait, How did Misaki's mental out worked on Touma yet telepathic ability didn't work on him in Index II even without having Touma touching his head? Aren't both supposed to be mind based ability, or am I missing something?

Other than that, good episode overall. Touma and Gunha duo was epic. If only the main series got adapted as good as the spin offs.
because misaki's power is not telepathic. it's micro-hydrokinisis.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 10, 2020 8:32 PM

Sep 2013
Nilvius said:
lol at Touma getting princess carried by Gunha.

LMAO Ikr!? That part cracked me up
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Apr 11, 2020 12:54 AM
Oct 2019
Gunha and Touma
The Dream Team
"You can't just punch your way through your issues" Team
Apr 11, 2020 1:06 AM

Nov 2010
"Gunha, what is your ability?"
"I can punch things!"
"We found a new level 5!"
Apr 11, 2020 4:13 AM

Jan 2013
Best moment

No homo.

Mod edit: Added spoiler tags to the pictures to reduce space. Please use only one screenshot in the future.
DeadlyRavenApr 12, 2020 6:03 AM
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Apr 11, 2020 4:58 AM

Aug 2009
Touma legit has a thing about being princess carried by strong men.

Apr 11, 2020 8:55 AM

Feb 2010
Rofl Railgun is indeed has more budget than Index III

Ofc my favorite boy delivered, Gunha finally, the princess carried is the best also.

Gunha/10

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Apr 11, 2020 9:07 AM

Mar 2010
I'm kind of stumped that they didn't explain scientifically how overcharging Misaka using Misaka's network will force her to Level 6. Maybe they skipped that part? Idk, I hope the explanation is in the novel.

Or maybe I just didn't understand the last episode. As far as I understand, Kihara uses Exterior to break into Misaka's network and harness their energy into Misaka. But why does it work? Overcharging? And why does doing it cause Misaka to loses control?

Also, lol @ Gunha x Touma
Apr 11, 2020 9:31 AM

Aug 2019
at this point im convinced jc staff only put effort and money into railgun.

also, why doesn't misaki just get a gun and shoot him.
Apr 11, 2020 9:40 AM

Aug 2009
WaHwA said:
I'm kind of stumped that they didn't explain scientifically how overcharging Misaka using Misaka's network will force her to Level 6. Maybe they skipped that part? Idk, I hope the explanation is in the novel.

Or maybe I just didn't understand the last episode. As far as I understand, Kihara uses Exterior to break into Misaka's network and harness their energy into Misaka. But why does it work? Overcharging? And why does doing it cause Misaka to loses control?

Also, lol @ Gunha x Touma

He isnt really overcharging her. He does put power in her through the Network but the real issue is the "virus" he sent along with it.

He is forcibly breaking her limits. Think of it as overclocking a cpu that probably cant take it.

Apr 11, 2020 11:18 AM

May 2015
Yay, nice combos here and there.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 11, 2020 11:36 AM

Jul 2014
My boi Touma is here!!!! can't wait for THAT scene to happen!!!! finally an ep that had me on edge! they adapted the manga perfectly!
Apr 11, 2020 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
I think Misaki's smile look much better in the manga lol. That Touma asking Misaki's name scene tho.........

It's always fun to see Touma and Gunha's conversation and hearing Gunha says "guts" lol.

Still not sure what shall I feel about the fact Railgun T is adapted much better than Index III lol.

Yeah , personally I enjoyed index III a lot but after reading feedbacks about it, it seems like the LN is far more interesting. . The animation and songs were good but you feel lost trying to understand all the events that happen fast and aren't explained well.
Hope the New Testament gets animated soon and better.

Touma : how am I supposed to land ??!
Gunha : "carries him like a princess (ohime-sama dakko)"
Touma : Eehh
Lol 😂😂😂😂

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenApr 12, 2020 6:03 AM
Apr 11, 2020 3:20 PM

Jun 2016
seriously, that lightning strike hitting that buillding is fuckinggg insaneee epic !!!
Apr 11, 2020 4:58 PM

Sep 2013
Yukikaze_sama said:

he harnesses the hidden power of guts energy
Apr 11, 2020 5:05 PM

Oct 2014
Peak Toaru animation atm, let's keep this going. Makes you wonder how they managed to fuck up in previous seasons.
Apr 11, 2020 5:30 PM

Nov 2009
Malfin said:

I'm guessing since Misaki aimed her power from above, Touma's hand didn't get in the way?
Apr 11, 2020 6:26 PM

Dec 2014
that princess carry was something
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

12 by waalex11 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2020

95 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 29, 6:24 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Aug 7, 2020

54 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.