Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2020 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So much anxiety in this series' finale....

We got literally the band members trying to make everything right. Performance had the usual CGI models with performances. Very predictable episode tbh and I feel rather underwhelmed. At least the girls band were all united with joy.
Mar 26, 2020 7:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The episodes with the girls were good but the boy band is again killing the show, Show by Rock 1 was better though. 5/10
Mar 26, 2020 8:15 AM

Dec 2013
I agree, Show by Rock 1 was a lot better because it was original and definitely the characters were a lot more unique and likable (for me). Also have to mention i loved a lot of plasmagica's music too unlike mashumashu which was mediocre.
This season was definitely entertaining to watch but lackluster season and very mediocre finale to top it off.
I wish plasmagica appeared to spice up this season more but i guess thats asking too much.

Definitely gonna look forward to Show by Rock Stars though. Im really hoping itll be another anime season with all the characters returning from previous season

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Mar 26, 2020 8:25 AM

Mar 2019
no unnecessary boys, it would be so much better. They didn't even have a function, just to ruin the show.

the songs are great, the harmony is top.
Mar 26, 2020 8:59 AM
Sep 2018
Hyuse said:
I agree, Show by Rock 1 was a lot better because it was original and definitely the characters were a lot more unique and likable (for me). Also have to mention i loved a lot of plasmagica's music too unlike mashumashu which was mediocre.
This season was definitely entertaining to watch but lackluster season and very mediocre finale to top it off.
I wish plasmagica appeared to spice up this season more but i guess thats asking too much.

Definitely gonna look forward to Show by Rock Stars though. Im really hoping itll be another anime season with all the characters returning from previous season

All previous band + Yokazenohorizon as a new addition.

Honestly, as much as this season has been an underwhelming slog with the bands barely doing anything, i am again hyped as a result of the game and just seeing everyone is back. A new season that isn't mashu mashu not doing anything is a win in my book. Though how good will they be able to juggle 11 bands will definitely be a big question.

Just hearing all the band leads say show by rock is enough to get me excited.

https://twitter.com/SB69A/status/1243175930232623105

Now it's just a question of when the missing bands get added to the game
dragonsoldier77Mar 26, 2020 9:12 AM
Mar 26, 2020 9:18 AM
Sep 2015
I need Show by Rock: SideM. Focus only boy and gay band and forget girl and lesbian band.
Mar 26, 2020 10:06 AM

Aug 2012
I'm giving it a 8/10 just for the songs and the Cyan cameo at the end. I can't wait for Show by Rock Stars!
Mar 26, 2020 10:35 AM

Jan 2013
this was nice and cute and all but this one did nothing for me. didnt have the charm that the original series had. speaking of, i do like the Cyan cameo. 5/10
Mar 26, 2020 11:31 AM
Dec 2014
Mash wasn't good. The bands just felt like rehashes of previous bands, with the exception of Reijin who were like Tsuzure of this series but in a good way. Gave a different style like Tsuzure.

I wasn't a fan of Mashu Mashu's songs and while Rejins second song was okay, the first song was quite good despite the fact I don't know much about EDM.

I'm glad it wasn't confirmed who won and who lost. Mashu Mashu as a band were really poor. They kept making screw ups even on their big concert and frankly I was in full support of Reijin more. But I'll take no confirmed win/loss over Reijin confirmed losing. But I liked how Reijin in the end were cool with how things turned out.

Dokonjo I grew to like, even despite the first song being okay, the 2nd blew me away. Managed to sound more their own and less like a Shingan wannabe.

Loved the Cyan cameo at the end and hope the new bands interact with the old. Wanna see Moa and Ruhuyu be crazy together, Rara and ChuChu get along due to their more ambitious personalities and Retoree and Himeko go all Cyan/Howan fangirl in arms.
Mar 26, 2020 12:24 PM
Sep 2018
So... "Show By Rock Stars"

Is this the season where they all get dropped into a Battle Royale Death Tournament yeah?
Mar 26, 2020 12:36 PM

Jun 2017
I'll give it a very generous 7/10 just because it was my first Show By Rock series so I am probably pretty biased lol.

I didn't particularly had any problem with the girl cast but I found the boy band to be way more entertaining despite them having less screentime. (plus I liked their songs more)

I think I'll give a go to the new announced anime as well.
Mar 26, 2020 1:24 PM
Dec 2014
I'd recommend the originals. The first season was more enjoyable. But that's just me. The Cat girl at the end was Cyan, the original protagonist.
Mar 26, 2020 3:53 PM

Aug 2016
Yes! another season :333
I actually really liked this season, maybe not as much as OG sb69 but I warmed up to all the characters in Mashumashu band. Howan was so adorable xd.

Am I the only one that thinks Hiromenes was best OP song?

Edit~~ I actually like this more than OG sb69 <3
MasterNeutralJun 12, 2021 3:16 AM
Mar 26, 2020 5:34 PM
Feb 2020
This episode was soo predictable that all tension that they tried to put on it just...didn't worked

It the middle of episode i was wondering when Cyan was going to show, since we hadn't a Plasmagica performance... My bf predicted that Cyan and Howan would run into each other and it was exactly how he said lmao

SB69M had a lot of potential, but it was wasted with a poor story and character development. Dokofin barely appeared and their characters developed a lot more than the main band and that a big disappointment...

To me, one of the main problems is that MashuMashu characters doesn't match at all. Neither design nor personality. Their designs are cute, but they don't have an harmony together. Think this problem is because Delmin and Himeko - if im not wrong - are characters that Sanrio already have and just put on SB69 universe. Unlike Reijin or Dokofin, they aren't created with the intention to be part of SB69. I think the most disharmonized design is Howan. Now about personalitys, the anime made feels that Howan and Himeko exist only for each other, same with Delmin and Ruhuyu. As a group, they just don't have a connection.

MashuMashu and Dokofin don't have any link with each other, that's another problem. Like, just make feel that Dokofin is there just to be ://

The storyline is weak. SB69 isn't a series with a big story, plot twist, etc... But season one and two at least had something enjoyable (even being an isekai plot k). In most episodes, NOTHING happened. They took nine episodes so the main band had the band formed because they jsut wasted time doing nothing...

CGI is one of my biggest disappointment. The models are cute, but the animation is bad. While the old seasons had lively performances, SB69M had it boring. The VFX is not good too... If at least the VFX was better, it would put a lot of moods in the performances.

Ah, we hadn't any mention of melodisians in the entire series. It's like... one of the main concepts of the franchise... Fine they're not putting all the dark monters thing, but i can't with they forgetting about melodisians.
Mar 26, 2020 5:42 PM
Feb 2020
Honestly, i can't undersant why people want to blame the show for having male or female bands (mainly the male??? like they guys had more progression than the girls in one episode eopirgjslçdjgklsdgkljd). SB69 never was about only one gender franchise. I think we should appreciate that they put that mix, since it's make a differential, while otther franchises focus only in one gender...
Mar 26, 2020 7:28 PM

Oct 2007
enjoyed the last episode. I gave it a perfect score 5/10. Because the girl's side get 5/5. and I gave 0/5 to the boyband side.

well, not enjoyed it enough to make me aggressively buy stuffs from this anime. But I will buy something, probably a cd with "Yell and Response" in it, if there's extra cash once all the spendings on other anime are over.
Liddo-kunMar 27, 2020 4:57 AM
Mar 26, 2020 10:46 PM
Jan 2013
Really good , I find this one better than the original , its more funny and the characters are so much better than the originals
Mar 27, 2020 4:43 AM
Sep 2018
Kystar said:
Honestly, i can't undersant why people want to blame the show for having male or female bands (mainly the male??? like they guys had more progression than the girls in one episode eopirgjslçdjgklsdgkljd). SB69 never was about only one gender franchise. I think we should appreciate that they put that mix, since it's make a differential, while otther franchises focus only in one gender...

Me neither. The core message of SBR has always been the power of music, sometimes in the literal sense in the previous seasons, and how music is something everyone can enjoy and make together.

People focusing on the gender of the characters of all things is just really dumb and spits on the themes of the series.
Mar 27, 2020 12:29 PM

Jan 2017
Well this was a huge deception after SBR S1 and S2, whole middle part of this saison was just pointless. Also we go what? 4-5 new songs? That a joke next to previous saisons. Only good parts of those 12 episodes are Howan and Howan x Himeko moments.

5/10, should be even lower but at least we got some nice although short OST to listen.
+1 because Cyan cameo was SUPER CUTE and saved this show in the last minutes.

Final score 6/10, will only rewatch for the cameo :(

PS/EDIT :

I just rewatched the EP 1 of SBR S1, God those 24 minutes were 10000 times better than the whole "Mashumairesh!!"...

Final score V2, 4/10 (+1)

Dudi4PoLFrMar 27, 2020 12:59 PM
Mar 27, 2020 12:56 PM

Dec 2018
There where absolutely good moments in this. Howan and the rest of my girls didn't do anything wrong .They have a lot of sweet Yuri moments with each other,And played some good music.So my cute lesbians was what I enjoyed the most in this anime .Especially all the strong Yuri vibes between Himeko and Howan

But nevertheless, IMO the males takes up to much place. And that are very irritating loud element which made me dislike this anime overall! It doesn't suit my personal taste very well

If this have been a pure girls only I would have given it 10/10. But because its a boy band anime I instead give it 1/10 and I wont be watching next season

The beautiful picture below is made by the artist Peko

Yuri-CrusaderMay 20, 2020 4:38 AM
Mar 28, 2020 8:27 AM

Oct 2008
There are two prime highlights on this last episode!
First was Howan bumping into Cyan
and 2nd was the imminent clash of all of the Bands that were featured on this series!
all of the respective Vocalists per band said: "SHOW BY ROCKU!!"
it is entitled: SHOW BY ROCK!! STARS!! this is gonna be epic for sure!
5/5.
7/10.
matias067Mar 28, 2020 8:37 AM

Mar 30, 2020 11:52 AM

May 2018
4/10 very little actual songs in an anime about music. Especially disappointing considering how many songs were in OG SBR
Mar 30, 2020 11:19 PM

Mar 2017
6/10 for me.

In the end this was still a pretty decent anime even though it took a long time for our main band to form and be an actual band and do things. I still don't really get a feeling of unity with the four as a real "group", but the last two episodes did help make it a little better.

As much as I do think Dokofin is better compared to Mashu-Mashu, it's pretty sad how much they're used for comedic relief rather than something more meaningful.

I was also hoping to maybe hear some things from our older bands during the festival, but I guess that'll have to wait for the new season. Ahhh, just hearing the other singers shout "Show by Rock!" had me pretty hyped, especially when I heard Titan's voice. I can't wait to see more of Arcareafact again! They're my favorite band from the SB69 franchise, and just knowing that they'll be in the next season has me really happy.

It also seems like a new band is going to appear. I don't recognize the name or logo for the group Yokazenohorizon. Their designs seems interesting at least, so I'm curious what type of music-style they'll have.

It's also pretty disappointing that we had such a short cameo with Cyan in the end. I thought at least we would get a Plasmagica song or something, or at least see the entire group.
Apr 5, 2020 5:57 AM

Oct 2007
ok, after some budget computations. I do have enough for one more cd. Have put "Yell and Response" cd on my CDJapan shopping cart. Had to fully skip some episodes, because those are boyband episode. However, Himeko and friends still entertained me with their music... so Sanrio you get some money! xD

just need wait for covid to pass, so I could order.. but cd is in the cart, so I won't forget it!
Apr 6, 2020 1:35 PM

Nov 2009
It's not a bad series.

Still have cute and funny girls doing band stuff. The guys as said before is just them trying to reach out to a larger audience (IE: fangirls).

The Cameo at the end, LOL, did not see that coming.

Cause here I was wondering if this story took place in the same universe as the first or not. (cause we don't see any evil giants going around and bands fighting them, even tho both seasons took place in Midi City)

___ ___ ___

off-topic (hmm... my avatar (since 2009) of FT Lucy's doll broke... time for new avatar I guess)
amlgApr 6, 2020 1:45 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 6, 2020 1:02 AM

Apr 2011
It was fun. The girls are cute and likable. The boys are a bit annoying but they're funny. My complaint is Howan was late to join the band so there's less performance from them. I find this cute and funny to watch. It was also great to Cyan have a cameo when Howan bumped into her.

Looking forward to Show By Rock stars.

6/10
Dec 7, 2021 6:50 AM

Feb 2020
Sweet and entertaining finale.

Blushing Himeno is too cute for words. She really likes Howan. <3

♪ We'll definitely meet again ♪ Of course! :)

Aww, I didn't expect to see Cyan! That was such a cute surprise. ^^

Overall, this was a very good season, but not as good as the first two ones. The story wasn't just as interesting as it was before. Also, the soundtrack was underwhelming. There wasn't a single memorable song in this season. The first two seasons had so many good songs.

However, the bonds between the girls were heartwarming and the main reason why I liked this so much. I didn't care so much about DOKONJOFINGER. They are a cheap and uninteresting copy Shingan Crimsonz.

SerafosNov 29, 2023 12:25 AM
Sep 3, 2022 5:09 PM

Dec 2020
Seems less music focused for this spin off.
Songs were decent but not as good.
Also if Cyan is here and she only shows up when serious stuff happens, does that mean the world gonna blow up or something lmao

Overall enjoyed it but not as good as the main series
Jan 29, 2023 6:45 PM
Oct 2019
Yuri-Crusader said:
There where absolutely good moments in this. Howan and the rest of my girls didn't do anything wrong .They have a lot of sweet Yuri moments with each other,And played some good music.So my cute lesbians was what I enjoyed the most in this anime .Especially all the strong Yuri vibes between Himeko and Howan

But nevertheless, IMO the males takes up to much place. And that are very irritating loud element which made me dislike this anime overall! It doesn't suit my personal taste very well

If this have been a pure girls only I would have given it 10/10. But because its a boy band anime I instead give it 1/10 and I wont be watching next season

The beautiful picture below is made by the artist Peko

Show by rock has never been just a girl band or guy band orientation anime its about the music that what is the main point but point taken dokenjofinger was not that good imo could of been the power if music is where it is

More topics from this board

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2020

17 by Pinoffin »»
Feb 26, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2020

20 by Pinoffin »»
Feb 26, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

14 by Muow »»
Sep 1, 2022 7:14 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2020

31 by Muow »»
Aug 31, 2022 7:55 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2020

13 by Serafos »»
Dec 7, 2021 4:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.