Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 22, 2020 4:11 PM

Dec 2015
Tips have a lot of good food and enjoy the jouney :)

Mar 22, 2020 4:20 PM

Mar 2019
Nillwas said:
Tips have a lot of good food and enjoy the jouney :)

We barely have any food at home, but will probably enjoy the journey.
Thank you for reading my post.
Because I wouldn't.
Mar 22, 2020 5:29 PM

Sep 2014
x0e said:
Hrybami said:
Don't binge watch in a rush, take your time.
You can skip the intro, you could save a few minutes per episodes. (skip to title screen)
Skip the filler in the east blue arc (episode 50 something to 60 something). This is the worst filler ever,
The other fillers arcs are actually worth watching I recommend trying them and skip them only if they bore you.

Idk if i would skip the opening, afterall i've heard a lot of positive things about the One piece openings. But i'm prepared to waste a year of my life for this tho.

Some are really good, yes. But I don't think you'll enjoy every single one of the opening. Also, the opening change once every 50 episodes or so and if the opening didn't click with you, then you'll probably get tired of it rather quickly.

Moreover, the episode always start with the opening and followed by a recap. If you want you could just stay for the opening and once it finished you skip the recap.

And the one piece episodes almost always end on a cliffhanger which will make you rush onto the next episode real fast.

You'll see the episode number increases faster than you would think.
Mar 22, 2020 5:33 PM

Apr 2019
Read the manga if you want to finish it faster.
Mar 23, 2020 1:26 AM

Sep 2012
Do yourself a favor and stop watching after the time skip. The anime does not respect how much time you have to watch it and it's absolutely infuriating. The first 518 episodes were wonderful, but after that, it's insulting exhausting. Pick up the manga at that point.

Also, watch "One Pace", especially if you're insistent about watching the anime past the time skip.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Mar 23, 2020 1:52 AM
Feb 2020
FacelessVixen said:
Watch the 4Kids into, at least once. Then watch a fan made 4Kids intro for Evangelion.

You have officially made my night, my day, and my month.
I’d forgotten that one piece opening even existed and the evangelion one was just hilarious
Mar 23, 2020 2:03 AM

Mar 2010
Manga is great after you reached a point where you can't continue to watch
Mar 23, 2020 3:16 AM

Oct 2008
Yeah watch it with company, or you won't last. I don't have anybody stupid enough to join me, so I gave up on it. Good luck to you.
Mar 23, 2020 7:14 AM

Sep 2014
Thread moved from Anime Discussion
Mar 23, 2020 7:16 AM

Dec 2018
Invest in a personal hyperbolic time chamber
Mar 23, 2020 11:13 AM
Apr 2019
Skipp filler And what I did from dressora arc was read Manga and then watched anime.
Also there is no hard core rule that you must like once piece start it is you don't like it than drop it.
Mar 23, 2020 11:30 PM

Jun 2015
Watch up to the timeskip and then Read the Manga
Read Toriko!
Mar 24, 2020 1:09 AM

Jul 2016
If the show becomes to slow for your liking switch to the manga for a while. I would have never caught up to the series without doing this.

Don't be afraid to take your time while making your way through the series. It took me a year and a half to get caught up.

If you're not enjoying the series by the time Arlong shows up you should probaly stop.
Mar 24, 2020 2:21 AM

Jun 2011
Well most of what's needed to be said has been said, though I disagree with a couple of them.

1. G8 filler arc is very worth the watch, you may skip the rest though depends on whether you feel like watching them or not. Since One Piece is mostly about the adventure, I just think of those as part of the journey, and to be honest, I kind of like some of those.

2. Agree with people on opinion of the anime after Marineford arc (episode 500+). Either you watch One Pace or read the manga. The anime is at its lowest point during Dressrosa, which if you watch the One Pace version it's actually quite enjoyable. One Piece is my favorite manga ever and Dressrosa (ep600+) managed to make me quit on the anime, that's how bad it is. It's getting better again now but yeah definitely recommend the One Pace version after post Marineford to Whole Cake Island.

3. Definitely take your time and don't rush to catch up just because you want to say you've watched One Piece. It's an incredible story that took decades to build, and still has around a little lesser than 5 years left in it.

Lastly, welcome to the crew. :)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 24, 2020 3:42 AM
Jul 2018
The pacing later on is crazy long.
Mar 24, 2020 3:58 AM

Aug 2018
Once you get to G8 filler arc don't skip it, trust me its one of the best filler arcs i've ever seen.

Also read the manga for best expierence
Mar 24, 2020 7:34 AM

Jun 2019

The anime is really slow especially when you get to the longer arcs, so
read the manga and watch your favorite fight scenes

Mar 24, 2020 7:48 AM

Sep 2014
The guy is asking for anime advice.

Reading the manga won't help watching the anime -.-
Mar 24, 2020 9:31 AM

Jul 2019
x0e said:
Hello,
After a whole lot of "Why you should watch One piece" articles and videos, i've finally decided to start watching it. So One Piece fans, is it any special tips, tricks or information I should know before watching the show?

Watching One Piece is not worth your time.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Mar 24, 2020 9:37 AM

Jan 2018
make sure you close your eyes after intro song because episode title can spoil you. go blind, just like their adventure. people say read manga is better but if you don't read manga never try to read discussion because you might get spoiled.

Spoiler free environment is important to enjoy, because watch it or drop it will solely be made because of your decision alone. if luffy knows what is one piece then there's no point in going on an adventure in the first place.

it was hard for me to get used to the art style but I started at episode 300+ and then proceeds to finish up everything. when one piece finish airing I will add rewatch + 1 because that's how enjoyable one piece is for me.

I would suggest to close your eyes when song is playing too because there's a spoiler but all in all just my preference. Everyone got their own trick, like your room temperature, how thick is your blanket covering your feet or wear a pair of socks.
Mar 24, 2020 4:04 PM

Oct 2018
Only notable filler that I suggest not skipping is g-8.
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Mar 24, 2020 7:00 PM

Nov 2016
-If you are still not sure if you are gonna like One Piece, Watch "episode of east blue". It is a Movie recapping the first arc (50 episodes). You can use it to see how much you will like the series as a whole. More or less as a base line.

-Research the fillers. There are some that are worth watching. Most of them are short or tied to movies.

-If you wanna watch the movies, watch one of them every 50 episodes or when their respective filler arc happens in the anime.

-Try to not read the episode titles since they often spoil what will happen that episode (Even though this sometimes help build up hype).

-If you ever feel like the Anime is getting TOO slow, just switch to the manga. There is a Digitally colored version up to Chapter 800 more or less if you need some help transitioning
GokaiKingMar 24, 2020 7:07 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2020 9:55 PM

Jul 2019
This is hard but for long-running anime, I suggest you ONLY watch One Piece until you catch up. The moment you watch something else, you'll get distracted and lose the willpower to finish it. That's the reason why I'm so far in Hunter x Hunter because I'm watching nothing but it and I won't start or resume anything until I finish. So if you start, make sure you stick with it. But that's just how I handle long-running anime and my first attempt is Hunter x Hunter and so far, it's working perfectly.
Mar 24, 2020 11:02 PM

Aug 2016
just don't watch it if you wanna save a year or 2 in your life
Whoever likes slice of life anime doesn't have any IRL friends.
Mar 25, 2020 3:01 AM

Mar 2019
-Lawrence- said:
just don't watch it if you wanna save a year or 2 in your life

i'm prepared to waste a whole year or 2. If I wouldn't be, I wouldn't even think about it.
Because I wouldn't.
Mar 25, 2020 3:04 AM

Mar 2019
guych said:
This is hard but for long-running anime, I suggest you ONLY watch One Piece until you catch up. The moment you watch something else, you'll get distracted and lose the willpower to finish it. That's the reason why I'm so far in Hunter x Hunter because I'm watching nothing but it and I won't start or resume anything until I finish. So if you start, make sure you stick with it. But that's just how I handle long-running anime and my first attempt is Hunter x Hunter and so far, it's working perfectly.

I don't think i'll be able to binge one piece without watching anything else. I like to have a few long lasting shows on the side that i can watch without them ending. Probably not that effective, but works for me.
Because I wouldn't.
Mar 25, 2020 3:09 AM

Mar 2019
Afloo said:
-If you are still not sure if you are gonna like One Piece, Watch "episode of east blue". It is a Movie recapping the first arc (50 episodes). You can use it to see how much you will like the series as a whole. More or less as a base line.

-Research the fillers. There are some that are worth watching. Most of them are short or tied to movies.

-If you wanna watch the movies, watch one of them every 50 episodes or when their respective filler arc happens in the anime.

-Try to not read the episode titles since they often spoil what will happen that episode (Even though this sometimes help build up hype).

-If you ever feel like the Anime is getting TOO slow, just switch to the manga. There is a Digitally colored version up to Chapter 800 more or less if you need some help transitioning

So should I wait till episode 50 or watch the movie now? (I'm on episode 10 or something). I've also decided to read the manga, and watch some of the anime episodes.
Because I wouldn't.
Mar 25, 2020 4:04 AM
Jul 2018
FacelessVixen said:
Watch the 4Kids into, at least once. Then watch a fan made 4Kids intro for Evangelion.

THANK YOU FOR BLESSING THIS DAY.
That song is a masterpiece.

He's made of rubber - (female singers) how did that happen?
Yo-ho-ho he took a bite of Gum Gum(genius)

His name's Zolo he's just like a samurai(seriously that's how he was called in the dub?)

Usopps' doin' that marksman thing(fcking perfection)

Set sail for One Piece, it's the name of the treasure in the Grand Line! (that's definitely NOT lazy writing)

Mar 25, 2020 5:22 PM

Sep 2014
Ate_na said:
FacelessVixen said:

THANK YOU FOR BLESSING THIS DAY.
That song is a masterpiece.

He's made of rubber - (female singers) how did that happen?
Yo-ho-ho he took a bite of Gum Gum(genius)

His name's Zolo he's just like a samurai(seriously that's how he was called in the dub?)

Usopps' doin' that marksman thing(fcking perfection)

Set sail for One Piece, it's the name of the treasure in the Grand Line! (that's definitely NOT lazy writing)

-Sanji's cooking

-Chopper's doctoring

(I'm not even sure if we could consider this a writing at this point lol)
Mar 26, 2020 11:27 AM

Sep 2018
Yes, read the manga. You won't survive the anime unless you have a godly attention span and high tolerance level , but even then it's so deliberate and carefree about completely wasting your time with filler content that it doesn't deserve your attention.

(Coming from someone who has watched 90% of the anime)
Mar 26, 2020 11:34 AM

Jul 2016
I’m surprised @ArabianLuffy hasn’t posted in this thread yet.
Mar 26, 2020 1:50 PM

Dec 2008
x0e said:
Hello,
After a whole lot of "Why you should watch One piece" articles and videos, i've finally decided to start watching it. So One Piece fans, is it any special tips, tricks or information I should know before watching the show?

Just watch as many episodes as you can per day.
Missaliensan said:
I’m surprised @ArabianLuffy hasn’t posted in this thread yet.

I was sleeping. >:[
Feb 13, 2021 11:04 AM

Dec 2019
x0e said:
Hello,

Take it easy, take your time and do it slowly....

=================================================
You see, One Piece started airing in 1999 in my country I live with my Uncle and were so poor we dont have TV , at one point Ive stopped watch it ... fast forward, it was in 2011 I start to rewatch it from episode 1 , back then OP were like 500-600+ episodes, took me a year and half with my pace but totally worth it.
Once a flower withered, it can never bloom again..

Feb 14, 2021 9:37 AM
Jul 2020
It is difficult to start one piece, read the first chapters of the manga at least 5, after that look at the anime and you will see that it is natural to continue watching the anime
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 410 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 18, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 409 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 11, 2009

71 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 408 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 4, 2009

141 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 405 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hayato_kun - Jun 13, 2009

174 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.