Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 24, 2020 10:23 AM

Dec 2018
I’m not grammar expert but I think the comma on your title doesn’t belong and kind of butchers the thought. Also the first comma after “are there any anime” is also kind of placed mid thought and I think doesn’t belong. Sorry not trying to be a grammar nazi but for some reason it bothered me and I had to say something. Your second paragraph is perfect comma usage I think.

Side note: Just because I enjoy something doesn’t necessarily mean I think it’s good.

On topic there’s lots. High school DxD is the first example to come to mind. It’s absolute trash, of coarse I’m not going to reccomend it to most people. But? Trash can be pretty funny if you’re just looking for a laugh. +2 while baked.

Most of the anime I enjoyed but wouldn’t reccomend, at least to most people, is that same scenario. I found it funny because it was so bad it over the top, and that same badness or over the top-ness is the very same reason I wouldn’t reccomend it (to most people).
Hokage_JasonMar 24, 2020 10:26 AM
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Mar 24, 2020 10:31 AM

Apr 2019
I find one of my favourite anime called Kodomo no Omocha incredibly difficult to recommend to people. It’s relatively old and the art isn’t the best, it looks quite pastelly and cheesy. It also looks like a kids show, but it really isn’t for that audience.

Kodomo no Omocha has one of the best romances as well as having some of the best character development. The story is constant, every episode leaves you with a mini cliffhanger which is solved in the next, only to leave you with another mini cliffhanger which leaves you binging half of the 100 episode series in a few days. It’s one of the most bizarre and wacky shows I’ve ever watched, but it’s also one of the most heartfelt shows I’ve ever watched. Really had me feeling for some of the seemingly ‘evil’ characters.

PLEASE please give it a try if you haven’t already and please don’t be put off by how it looks. Give it a couple of episodes.
Mar 24, 2020 12:46 PM

Aug 2017
operationvalkyri said:
Yeah Gurren Lagann. Two people I've rec'd it to called it childish and one of them is a mecha fan. Tasteless pricks.

My friend watched that anime and kept on telling me pro-fascism content or something like that. So I don't know what's in it, but I did hear it's dark

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Mar 24, 2020 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
PokestarFan said:
operationvalkyri said:
Yeah Gurren Lagann. Two people I've rec'd it to called it childish and one of them is a mecha fan. Tasteless pricks.

My friend watched that anime and kept on telling me pro-fascism content or something like that. So I don't know what's in it, but I did hear it's dark
Hmm. I can see why it could be considered pro-fascist. The show does endorse the need for militaristic nationalism to survive, and features one race, the anti-spiral, as the enemy. However, it also takes every chance to criticize the social systems born out of the nationalism when taken too far, that any action taken for the good of the nation is not OK if it hurts individuals in it, an idea that I believe fascism does not encourage. That's the extent of my knowledge of the topic tbh. I am not very well-versed in political ideologies to identify parallels in my entertainment, something that I'm thankful for coz it'd only lead me to ba-humbug lots of shows with fictional societies. Regardless of all that, the show does have dark themes but the tone and pace can often be fun and uplifting, too.
Mar 24, 2020 1:14 PM

Aug 2017
operationvalkyri said:
PokestarFan said:

Hmm. I can see why it could be considered pro-fascist. The show does endorse the need for militaristic nationalism to survive, and features one race, the anti-spiral, as the enemy. However, it also takes every chance to criticize the social systems born out of the nationalism when taken too far, that any action taken for the good of the nation is not OK if it hurts individuals in it, an idea that I believe fascism does not encourage. That's the extent of my knowledge of the topic tbh. I am not very well-versed in political ideologies to identify parallels in my entertainment, something that I'm thankful for coz it'd only lead me to ba-humbug lots of shows with fictional societies. Regardless of all that, the show does have dark themes but the tone and pace can often be fun and uplifting, too.
It all started with a book called Brave New World. He agrees with the need for one race to control the world, and he agrees with total government control. Big yikes, but I basically dismiss his opinions with a "OK, Boomer" type meme. He's a great friend when he's not ... supporting facist governments.

Mar 24, 2020 1:15 PM

Aug 2017
NickRedMachine said:
Fairy Tail. The anime's chronology is a complete mess because they thought it was going to end much sooner than they did. The manga makes way more sense.
I dropped Fairy Tail around Episode 220, should I pick it up again?

Mar 24, 2020 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
PokestarFan said:
operationvalkyri said:
It all started with a book called Brave New World. He agrees with the need for one race to control the world, and he agrees with total government control. Big yikes, but I basically dismiss his opinions with a "OK, Boomer" type meme. He's a great friend when he's not ... supporting facist governments.
Ah Huxley. I never got beyond Orwell in the post world war dystopian fiction era to either my benefit or detriment (who knows?). I'd rather see TTGL as an allegory for striving to achieve your freedom and not underestimating your own potential. Or dick size.
Mar 24, 2020 1:26 PM

Aug 2017
operationvalkyri said:
PokestarFan said:
Ah Huxley. I never got beyond Orwell in the post world war dystopian fiction era to either my benefit or detriment (who knows?). I'd rather see TTGL as an allegory for striving to achieve your freedom and not underestimating your own potential. Or dick size.
I read 1984 and figured that as long as you weren't in the minority that tried to think, it's not a bad lifestyle, and people on Earth are loving much worse. While the idea of no freedom sees bad, if you never experience freedom, and as long as you're not starving, you're never really going to want any. It goes to show ignorance really is bliss.

Mar 24, 2020 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
PokestarFan said:
operationvalkyri said:
I read 1984 and figured that as long as you weren't in the minority that tried to think, it's not a bad lifestyle, and people on Earth are loving much worse. While the idea of no freedom sees bad, if you never experience freedom, and as long as you're not starving, you're never really going to want any. It goes to show ignorance really is bliss.
Haha. That's the opposite of the message I got actually. That totalitarianism is to be avoided at all cost. Never let your government take away your individual rights. That book scared the bejeezus out of me.

Look at us derailing this anime thread with a dystopian fiction discussion.
Mar 24, 2020 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
Literally anything by Shaft. The art style isn't for anyone to enjoy. Monogatari can be merely confusing at times with its countless amount of dialogue; Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is pretty heavy on Japanese culture and also pretty dialogue heavy; Nisekoi is well, your typical high school comedy that doesn't really have too much to offer; and Madoka Magica is a depression fest almost in a similar vein to NGE. And it may go the same as shows I haven't even seen like March Comes in Like a Lion.

And finally, while I think they are great recommendations to newcomers, I also think my two favorite shows, Princess Tutu and Baccano are very hard for people to like. One has a very cutesy, outdated art style with a theme of Western fairy tales and ballet (and it's not everyday you find a notable dancing anime); and the other is a blood fest about gangs in America with little to no anime elements and top it off with a story that seems confusing at first glance. In other words, too cute, too violent and also too western for otaku taste.
Mar 24, 2020 1:57 PM

Jun 2019
Kiyomice said:
inim said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/790/Ergo_Proxy - requires side reading and at least one rewatch, otherwise no chance to understand the plot. You simply need to know what you are doing beforehand.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Ergo Proxy is great, but don't think you need to do side reading or rewatch it to understand the plot. Maybe it's hard to understand or follow in the beginning, but by the last episode, you should be able to understand the plot.
If anything, I would say it's hard to recommend because it's a bit slow at times. I think you have to be in a certain mood to enjoy it. Certainly not one I would recommend to people who are easily bored. But if you don't mind slow plots, it's a great one.

You can "understand" what's going on by either the end or a certain point in the story, but there are plenty of elements in the story which will only make a lot more sense upon a rewatch or digging into supplementary material. I think it's simply untrue that the average person is going to understand a lot of the meaning in the story and its methodology of storytelling, references, etc. on a first go. There may be a disconnect here though in defining the word "understanding". You can figure out what it's getting at, but that doesn't mean being aware of or appreciating the context of everything mentioned in the show, which come on it's just a huge leap to assert the majority would. Show can be viewed in a more straightforward context or for its allegorical one. Certain shows or films can be appreciated or experienced on two or multiple levels. Those mentioning a show like Ergo Proxy saying it would require some rewatching and/or research aren't talking about consumption of just the most basic elements of the plot.
Mar 24, 2020 2:02 PM

Aug 2017
operationvalkyri said:
PokestarFan said:
Haha. That's the opposite of the message I got actually. That totalitarianism is to be avoided at all cost. Never let your government take away your individual rights. That book scared the bejeezus out of me.

Look at us derailing this anime thread with a dystopian fiction discussion.
I mean, I got the message that totalitarian governments are bad, but the other lesson that you could get is "be part of the majority not the minority"

Mar 24, 2020 2:47 PM

Jan 2019
Berserk. It's really hard to swallow, but has a lot of value and is worth watching.

I don't usually end up getting people to watch it. It's too dark, and I don't blame anyone for not wanting to watch it.
"Whether you're sad, you're hurt, or empty, you have to keep playing."

Mar 24, 2020 3:03 PM
Aug 2017
One piece, Jojo's bizzare adventure, food wars
Mar 24, 2020 3:23 PM

Aug 2018
If you are sensitive, Euphoria bdsm torture etc.etc
Mar 24, 2020 3:55 PM

Sep 2018
I talk about how good of a comedy golden boy is but people around me can’t get past the first episode office lady’s tits. ITS SUPPOSED TO BE EXAGGERATED THATS WHY ITS- never mind
Mar 24, 2020 4:12 PM
Nov 2015
Kuuchu buranko, serial experiments lain, nhk, cat soup, school days
Mar 24, 2020 6:17 PM

Jan 2019
FLCL
It's 6 episodes, fast, densely packed, the music is great, and the animation is crazy good. Only problem is that the story is a bit hard to follow, and it's easy to feel lost.

Terror in Resonance
Kind of hard to say anything about this show without spoiling it. You could say that it's a show about terrorists, but a lot of people won't even consider watching something when hearing that.

Madoka Magica
A show that betrays the watchers expectations and receives critical acclaim for it's story. You don't want to spoil that though, so you could say it's a show about magical girls, which is a turnoff for many.
Mar 24, 2020 8:47 PM

Jul 2012
shinsekai yori because most people are too stupid to like it lol
Mar 25, 2020 7:10 AM

Feb 2018
Cuticle Tantei Inaba LOL

I don't know how to explain it

Mar 25, 2020 3:22 PM

Jul 2011
inim said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/790/Ergo_Proxy - requires side reading and at least one rewatch, otherwise no chance to understand the plot. You simply need to know what you are doing beforehand.

Well, it is not for everyone for sure.
Though scifi/cyberpunk/mystic lovers will appreciate.

So it's not the anime "that are hard to recommend" but rather "that are hard to recommend to a stranger before knowing his/her taste" imho.
nick_el_sonMar 25, 2020 3:29 PM
Mar 25, 2020 3:31 PM

May 2018
nick_el_son said:

Though scifi/cyberpunk/mystic lovers will appreciate.

Naaah, Ergo Proxy is pretentious mess that isn't actually deep. People just project whatever they want to see in it.
Mar 25, 2020 3:35 PM

Jun 2019
PL0P said:
Terror in Resonance
Kind of hard to say anything about this show without spoiling it. You could say that it's a show about terrorists, but a lot of people won't even consider watching something when hearing that.

I don't understand this portion. Why is that the case?
Mar 25, 2020 3:44 PM
Sep 2019
Roevhaal said:
Isekai wa Smartphone. It's the ultimate escapism for people with no ambition in life. It's actually very different from most other escapism series that look similar on the surface because where the other series cave in and give you the standard power fantasy with strong villains and what not Isekai wa Smarphone doubles down leading to an odd slice of life iyashikei adventure isekai thingy with zero stakes.

I can understand why most people hate it but it clearly serves a purpose which I haven't seen done better elsewhere.

I actually love this one. The anime is so-so, cause cant fully develope as the novel does. After I finished it, I began reading the novels and I loved it. I read the 13 or 14 volumes there were at the time in a week or so, and i've been buying the latest ones from amazon directly to my Kindle (15 and on).
Mar 25, 2020 4:12 PM
Hello World!:))

Oct 2015
I would say, anime which are hard to explain what is going on in them like the monogatari series or Arakawa Under the Bridge.

"I'll be done soon. If you wait nicely, I'll buy you some sweetbread." said Lawrence.

- I'll thank you not to treat me like a child.

"Oh, you don't want any?"

- I do.

Mar 25, 2020 4:13 PM

Jan 2019
WatchTillTandava said:
PL0P said:
Terror in Resonance

I don't understand this portion. Why is that the case?

Glorifying terrorism isn't down everyone's alley, even if no one gets killed.
Mar 25, 2020 4:25 PM

Nov 2016
Mayuka said:

For me because of the few seconds of yaoi tonguing. I always thought people overreacting was a meme until a friend of mine dropped it after that infamous scene xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 25, 2020 4:29 PM

Jun 2016
anime like yosuga no sora or kiss x sis
Mar 25, 2020 4:44 PM

Jul 2012
FMmatron said:
Mayuka said:

For me because of the few seconds of yaoi tonguing. I always thought people overreacting was a meme until a friend of mine dropped it after that infamous scene xD
that too. people are a bit close minded. i had a friend who didn't like any gay stuff (didn't support same sex marriage either) and it was hard for me to convince her to look past it.
Mar 25, 2020 5:03 PM
Mar 2020
I would say animes with a really sad story,so I recommend:"Your lie in April"; "7 Seeds"; "Charlotte"; and other drama animes. But these are my top, until now.
Mar 25, 2020 5:04 PM

Nov 2016
Mayuka said:
FMmatron said:

that too. people are a bit close minded. i had a friend who didn't like any gay stuff (didn't support same sex marriage either) and it was hard for me to convince her to look past it.
Mayuka said:
FMmatron said:

I can see why someone would not necessarily enjoy a representation of something they're against and there seems to be more to her disdain than being simply repulsed by a sexual act, but it's still so silly, especially since it's just fiction.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 25, 2020 11:30 PM

Apr 2019
nick_el_son said:
not for everyone for sure. So it's not the anime "that are hard to recommend" but rather "that are hard to recommend to a stranger before knowing his/her taste" imho.
Isn't that the point with all hard to recommend anime? One personally considers some anime gems, but knows from experience (and MAL rating to some degree) that one of the mythical "normies" is likely not to like it. It's sort of a genre based prediction. The more you know about the taste of your target group, the better your recommendations become and the more unusual anime you can include.

Mar 26, 2020 7:18 AM
Jul 2016
Happy Sugar Life
NHK ni Youkoso

I recomend them, but I'd advice about how hard is to watch every episode.
Mar 26, 2020 10:26 AM
Aug 2018
SEL because even I don't know what the I watched.
Mar 26, 2020 10:51 AM

Aug 2018
One piece - hard to recommend because none I know would want to take on 900+ episode anime. Tried convincing one friend to watch but he said I should only recommend him short animes that dont have 100+ episodes

Mar 27, 2020 7:47 AM

May 2018
arto2k said:

id say that lots of meaning comes from the viewers interpretation, so there's noting wrong with projecting your own thoughts in it

Naaah, it's more of a Catch-22 situation if you don't see anything deeper in this show you will continue to not see anything.
The only way for people who want to praise this show is just strait up tell what they see in it and why. "I watched it very carefully 5 times also I have a knack for intellectual stuff." wouldn't work.

Personally I found this show unwatchable and dropped it after 3 episodes. The pacing was uneven the dialogues were long and meaningless to me.
Even if it has something of worth in it I don't like its presentation.
Mar 27, 2020 8:11 AM

Dec 2018
Ping Pong The Animation, it's the best sports anime that focuses more on the psychology and drama of many complex characters that have around the sport that is Ping Pong. It has an 8.64 for a reason people.
Mar 27, 2020 8:11 AM

Dec 2008
Sinankooesa said:
Are there any anime, that you like, but think are hard to recommend to others?

Yes, there is an anime I like that I hardly recommend. That anime is... that anime is... that anime... that......
Mar 27, 2020 8:58 AM

May 2016
alshu said:
arto2k said:

id say that lots of meaning comes from the viewers interpretation, so there's noting wrong with projecting your own thoughts in it

Naaah, it's more of a Catch-22 situation if you don't see anything deeper in this show you will continue to not see anything.
The only way for people who want to praise this show is just strait up tell what they see in it and why. "I watched it very carefully 5 times also I have a knack for intellectual stuff." wouldn't work.

Personally I found this show unwatchable and dropped it after 3 episodes. The pacing was uneven the dialogues were long and meaningless to me.
Even if it has something of worth in it I don't like its presentation.
So you admit that you haven't even watched past the first three episodes, yet claim it's a pretentious mess without having seen the vast majority of it?

Don't think Ergo Proxy is the one being pretentious here. And for what it's worth, I did not watch the show carefully five times. I'm of the opinion that only one is sufficient to understand most of the complexities of the show, and if you don't see something maybe you just don't like it? There's nothing wrong with that.

arto2k said:
I don't understand why people think that Ergo Proxy is one of those shows where people just imbue it with whatever they want to see. It has a pretty distinctive tone and direction, unlike other shows that are much more intangible and open to personal interpretation (Haibane). I have a hard time seeing someone come up with outlandish interpretations of Ergo Proxy that aren't about the core tenets of the show because they'd be difficult to defend.
YudinaMar 27, 2020 9:32 AM
Mar 27, 2020 10:46 AM

Jul 2014
Although it's my favourite anime ever, Neon Genesis Evangelion will definitely not appeal to everyone. I need to know someone's tastes well enough before suggesting it.
Take care of yourself

Mar 27, 2020 10:51 AM
Feb 2018
NamikazeHime said:
Probably Gintama, it starts pretty slow and get's better after, so many people don't have any motivation to watch it.
Second is Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinju. Most people think that it is just about rakugo and nothing else. It's actually one of the greatest drama anime you can find.
imo Gintama is good from episode 3 onwards. Bdw Episode 1 & 2 are OVA and not adapt from manga... So u can say Gintama is great from get go
Mar 27, 2020 10:55 AM

Jul 2019
0seveN said:
NamikazeHime said:
Probably Gintama, it starts pretty slow and get's better after, so many people don't have any motivation to watch it.
Second is Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinju. Most people think that it is just about rakugo and nothing else. It's actually one of the greatest drama anime you can find.
imo Gintama is good from episode 3 onwards. Bdw Episode 1 & 2 are OVA and not adapt from manga... So u can say Gintama is great from get go

Yup, but buch of people are not aware of that fact, so they just drop it after 1 or 2 episodes. It's kinda sad. They have no idea what are they missing out.
Mar 27, 2020 11:02 AM
Feb 2018
There are many in unpopular section but if i had to picked from Popular section I will mention two of them, actually i can think 20+ anime just from popular secton but i just mention 2. they are
(1)Boku no Pico (Well, I was tricked by the memes of this anime)
(2)Toradora (many pple like this anime but i dont coz i absolutely hate Tsundere, so even if this show is good in critic point of view there are many people like me who hate Tsundere, so hard to recommend)
Mar 27, 2020 12:02 PM

May 2018
Yudina said:
So you admit that you haven't even watched past the first three episodes, yet claim it's a pretentious mess without having seen the vast majority of it?

The first 3 episodes are pretentious mess.

Yudina said:
Don't think Ergo Proxy is the one being pretentious here.

Than maybe its fans of the kind "you are too dumb to get it" are pretentious?

Yudina said:
if you don't see something maybe you just don't like it?

Those are different things you know - understanding and liking.
Mar 27, 2020 12:10 PM
Mar 2020
Probably Akame ga kill because the main character is not even the strongest and the ending is just the type of thing you wish to not happened, overall i liked the anime but i would recommend it only for people who don’t expect always a happy ending or a happy story.
Mar 27, 2020 12:20 PM

May 2016
alshu said:
The first 3 episodes are pretentious mess.
How? The first ten episodes are pretty standard in terms of general narrative progression, character introduction, setting the tone, etc. etc. Calling it pretentious? I can see that if you think invoking random philosophers is pretentious, but I err on the side that it's done as a rhetorical flourish, and even then since I just know what the philosophers are, they still are at least tangentially relevant, but a mess? The first few episodes are, on the whole, very easy to follow.

In fact, many people who hate Ergo Proxy actually like the first set of episodes the most; they just don't like the later parts because it diverges rather dramatically and shifts from a conventional sci-fi mystery narrative into genre bending/shitposting.

alshu said:
Than maybe its fans of the kind "you are too dumb to get it" are pretentious?
I don't subscribe to this mentality, but yes, I understand the notion. But I don't really fault the show for the behavior of its fans.

alshu said:
Those are different things you know - understanding and liking.
It's not like those things are exclusive to one another. Understanding something or seeing something can help you like it, whereas not seeing or understanding might make you not like it. Or maybe you just understand it but think it's convoluted and uninteresting. The point is maybe the fact that someone can't figure out Ergo Proxy is a subconscious signal that they don't understand what people rave about so much with respect to it.

And again, I fall under the category of thinking that people way hype up how much there is to figure out in Ergo Proxy. It has a great story, a great experimental series, one of my favorite episodes of all time, etc. etc., but I think people give the show way too much credit in other areas.
YudinaMar 27, 2020 12:24 PM
Mar 27, 2020 2:00 PM

May 2018
Yudina said:
The first ten episodes are pretty standard in terms of general narrative progression, character introduction, setting the tone, etc. etc.

Naaah. only the first episode is that. It teases you with some mysteries and cool stuff and then the next two episodes are incomprehensible to me...but not in an interesting enigmatic way but in the "Where is the show going with this fascinating premise, trying to ruin it?".

Yudina said:
Calling it pretentious?

Yes I do.

Yudina said:
I can see that if you think invoking random philosophers is pretentious, but I err on the side that it's done as a rhetorical flourish

Or just imitates GITS.

Yudina said:
but a mess?

My point was that the presentation is a mess, those philosophic references are only tacky.

Yudina said:
The first few episodes are, on the whole, very easy to follow.

Not if they make you scream at the screen "Come on, do something that makes sense! Act like a thinking being!".

Yudina said:
I understand the notion. But I don't really fault the show for the behavior of its fans.

Yeah I am roasting the show and the fans for different reasons.

Yudina said:
The point is maybe the fact that someone can't figure out Ergo Proxy is a subconscious signal that they don't understand what people rave about so much with respect to it.

What?
Not understanding some show has a very direct and conscious link to not understanding why other people like it.
Mar 28, 2020 12:00 AM

Jul 2015
NamikazeHime said:

yeah i've been trying to get my friends to watch gintama for the longest time but they just put it off. one of them watched the first episode and said he didnt understand what was going on and i had to tell him the first two are fillers. he's still putting off watching episode 3 smh
anime enjoyer
Jun 10, 2022 12:02 PM

Dec 2019
It depends according to someone's standards or tastes. All of them are hard to recommend.
Jun 10, 2022 6:53 PM

Apr 2015
Hunter x Hunter is notoriously difficult to recommend because nothing, upfront, indicates the show's other qualities and variation of story arcs, it's bordering ataxic at times from how Togashi writes. One moment you're in a standard shounen tournamet arc, and another moment Togashi is having a nihilistic rant about the human condition for 61 episodes. And the worst part is if you don't want to spoil people for stuff arcs and arcs in the future, you can't tell them any of this.

It's very uncanny, the only other time that has happened was trying to recommend Madoka Magicka - but that match is burnt within 3 episodes, not dozen upon dozens of episodes later.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» If you could change one anime into being a hardcore ecchi, which one would you pick?

APolygons2 - 4 hours ago

17 by AshuAmbrose »»
9 minutes ago

» Your longest record/streak

Yonahim_Zz - Today

44 by Cammell »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you have a prejudice against people who watch ecchi/hentai?

Dragevard - 1 hour ago

17 by Zarutaku »»
10 minutes ago

» Anisong artists musical beef

kusairo - 4 hours ago

7 by Cammell »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 )

Cammell - Yesterday

83 by Memore »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.