Forum Settings
Forums

Art -> Animation - Inconsistency when writing reviews (BUG)

New
Feb 16, 2020 11:12 AM
Nov 2017
I can't/don't know how to provide a link for this bug.

When you go to write a review for an anime/manga, the first page that the website leads you to is this page:
Note how the sections are called Story, Art, Sound, Character, Enjoymnent, and Overall. However when clicking "preview" at the bottom of the page, the user is greeted with

Now I did try searching the forums in case this issue was already brought up and found this thread: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1684887
The original poster mentioned how it was strange that "art" was switched for "animation" when posting the review but focused the thread more around what differentiates the two. The posters on that thread maintained this topic except one user who proposed both be replaced with "visuals", noting that the two were different and "visuals" could be used as a more general term. However, this thread was made in November 2017, and it doesn't seem like anything has changed regarding this inconsistency in the review process.

Steps to Reproduce: (Although it hardly seems necessary)
Go to any anime/manga (that has presumably already started or finished airing) and click on the "reviews" tab.
Look to the right side above "Sort" and "Preliminary" there should be a button called "Write a review"
For "part 1" you only need to fill in a score for "overall" and for "part 2" meet a certain word requirement after which press the "preview" button at the bottom of the page. There, you will witness something an inexplicable as Haruhi Suzumiya's hair. The list of different elements to rate about the show has had a small modification. Instead of listing "Art", it lists "Animation" instead.
Although best girl would've been Visuals-chan

If any more information is needed, please contact me or leave a reply on this thread.

Sorry if I am misinformed or unusual, this is my first thread on the general forum.
I turn signatures off, you can too with this lnk
Feb 17, 2020 7:13 AM

Oct 2014
Nope good point, art is never equal to animation. They should either rename it or add another category.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feb 17, 2020 11:09 AM
May 2016
There is no point for two categories for visuals to exist. Renaming it would be the best IMO.
Feb 17, 2020 11:31 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
The part in your first screenshot was redesigned a few years ago but I don't remember if it was "Animation" before (I wasn't involved in this). I assume that it was changed and the displayed categories were not adjusted. The Review Guidelines list the category as "Art" too which matches the redesigned category, so the displayed one needs to be adjusted.

More topics from this board

» WHITE SCREEN, forum pages doesn't load properly

Coaghim - 11 hours ago

15 by traed »»
36 minutes ago

» How to see percentage of anime you have watched

trueauracoral - Mar 30

11 by hacker09 »»
10 hours ago

» Search broken

Erebus25 - May 10

7 by Noboru »»
Yesterday, 11:46 AM

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3416 by remembers »»
Yesterday, 5:37 AM

» About Me (Classic) Length

yoman21a - May 12

0 by yoman21a »»
May 12, 6:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.