Forum Settings
Forums

What anime do you hate that everyone else seems to like?

New
Feb 15, 2020 12:41 AM

Jan 2020
Every person has different and unique taste when it comes to anime.A certain anime might be considered as a masterpiece to someone,the same anime might be considered as horrible to another.

There are some people who have distaste for a certain anime that everyone else seems to enjoy and love.They can't comprehend why others like that particular anime so much.

Is it the same with you? Is there an anime which you hate but everyone else seems to like? If yes,what is it?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 15, 2020 12:47 AM

Jun 2016
I don't get what the appeal of durarara is. I also enjoyed no game no life and angel beats but it seems that a lot of people consider them to be the second coming of jesus while I consider them just decent above average shows. Also K and the ancient magus' bride are both garbage.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Feb 15, 2020 12:51 AM

Sep 2008
nekopara, and the rest of watered down hentai visual novel adaptations that cut out the selling point of the original product.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Feb 15, 2020 1:10 AM

May 2013
tatami galaxy

It has the potential to be good but its just badly executed imo.

Feb 15, 2020 1:14 AM

Nov 2014
Shield Hero. So frustrating, dropped it but keep thinking I should try and finish it.

Re Zero. Don’t understand what peeps saw in this.
Feb 15, 2020 1:21 AM
Twincool~

Oct 2018
Shiki-hated the ending, hated the progression of the story and the overall gloomy atmosphere. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

Gankutsuou-I think the visuals look really f-ing bad. The colors just don't work at all and make it borderline unwatchable.
Feb 15, 2020 1:28 AM

Sep 2014
I've not seen much hate toward Death Parade. Yet it's one if not the worst anime I've ever watched.
Feb 15, 2020 1:38 AM
Dec 2015
SAO is that anime for me. when i watched it the first time i feel like it is the best anime of all time but as i grow older and see more shows i kinda grown to hate it because of its various elements. another one is FAIRY TAIL. i hate it to the core. plot armor, friendship power, lots and lots of fan service and lot of plot conveniece
Feb 15, 2020 1:59 AM

Dec 2018
Rising of the Sheild Hero. I'm still gonna watch season 2 and 3.
Feb 15, 2020 2:08 AM

Aug 2018
Code Geass and Angel Beats.
Both are popular and even Code Geass has both seasons in top 50 but I couldn't care for it.
Angel Beats doesn't seem to have purpose and has emotional bait to draw out feels.It didn't work for me.
Code Geass takes itself too seriously and falls flat onto it's face.It relys on shock factor and that also didn't work on me.Code Geass has a bit from every genre and still it fails at everything.
Feb 15, 2020 2:19 AM

Nov 2019
It's not a TV series but an anime movie. 5 Centimeters per Second is exactly what you are asking of me. When I watched Your Name, The Place We Promised in our Early Days, The Garden of Words, Journey to Agartha and I loved all of them, I had huge expectations from 5 Centimeters per Second. But I was left high and dry. Felt like wasted a whole hour watching it.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Feb 15, 2020 2:24 AM

Feb 2019
End of Evangelion. I never liked Shinji cowering and whining from the very beginning and he did that for most of the movie, which undermined his character growth in the main series. Beyond that, he committed a lot of despicable things against Asuka, both in reality and in his mind. He was like a completely different person in EoE. I didn't expect him to be an OP MC, but I didn't expect him to be a complete scum either. I couldn't enjoy a single second of EoE. Personally, it is currently the worst piece of media I have ever laid my eyes on.

Gintama Silver Soul part 2 is another one. The main fight was just incredibly drawn out and it was filled with characters coming in to save the day at the last minute. It was very different from the other serious arcs and big fights in the series. Instead of being this amazing fight that the series has been building up to, it was just a lame generic fight and completely fell flat.

I also didn't really like Death Note because past episode 10 it went in a completely different direction, but that seems to be a common opinion.
Feb 15, 2020 2:24 AM

May 2016
biswa290701 said:
It's not a TV series but an anime movie. 5 Centimeters per Second is exactly what you are asking of me. When I watched Your Name, The Place We Promised in our Early Days, The Garden of Words, Journey to Agartha and I loved all of them, I had huge expectations from 5 Centimeters per Second. But I was left high and dry. Felt like wasted a whole hour watching it.

I love 5 Centimeters Per Second. I think what turns a lot of people off is that the first segment leads you to believe this is going to be a touching love story, but it really turns out to be a realistic and slightly tragic story about two people who grew apart and then were forced to move on with their lives. I would have liked a happier story, but I love this bittersweet one more.

But I CAN'T STAND Lucky Star. It is the worst fucking anime ever made, and I have no clue how people can enjoy it. No Game No Life would be right there alongside it, if it weren't for a few of the games being moderately cleverly executed.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Feb 15, 2020 2:26 AM

Aug 2016
Toradora was the most annoying show that I have ever seen. I have never experienced something quite like it. Im generally a very open minded person and I always try to love something when I give it a try, but I never left a show with this many negative feelings before.
Feb 15, 2020 2:31 AM

Jul 2016
Mononoke and Monster. When taken together they feel like the two far ends on this spectrum from rainbow vomit to monochrome, but even when taken individually they're just rubbish. Monster is boring, ugly and left a weird taste in my mouth and Mononoke might've been good if they'd completely overhauled every aspect of the visual design (and this is coming from someone who likes The Tatami Galaxy and Gankutsuou).
Feb 15, 2020 2:45 AM
Jul 2018
Re:Life - boring, unrelatable. One of the worst shows I’ve seen

RokuAka - this one is a disaster, everyone is lame, storytelling is extra lame. I don’t remember why I even started watching this one. And it’s rated 7.3 here - wtf??

BNHA - boring, annoying. I only liked All Might and Todoroki (thanks to this show for introducing me to this little fella)

Kuroshitsuji - I don’t hate it in general, but the fillers (I guess half of the series was a filler?) were extremely boring and nothing made sense at all

Zankyou no Terror - hate is a strong word to describe my feelings towards this one, I was more... disappointed? It started really good and then went downhill pretty fast. Boring and confusing - that’s all I can call it.

Grand Blue - I dropped it after ep.2, as it’s unfunny and unrelatable. Can’t see the appeal of this show at all. OST was dope though

Enen no Shouboutai - just awful. Extremely unfunny jokes and MC is very unlikable

Hoshiai no Sora - god, I wish Japan never produces anything like this in the future. Maki and his monologue - pure cringe and the reason I dropped the show
removed-userFeb 15, 2020 2:51 AM
Feb 15, 2020 3:05 AM
Oct 2019
I wouldn't say that I absolutely hate it, but I don't like Attack on Titan. I've tried to watch it multiple times,but I always end up getting bored with it very quickly.
Feb 15, 2020 3:16 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Fate (especially zero) and Violet Evergarden were really boring.
Erased was really average and the end was shit.
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei was so empty and soulless.
Feb 15, 2020 3:20 AM
Jan 2012
Code Geass R2. Now Code Geass was one of my first anime I watched in Japanese, and while I watched a lot of anime before it this was around the time I found out anime was it's own medium. This made me love the first season and I feel nostalgic about it, but even back then when my standards were the lowest they could be for anime, I just hated that second season. Every flaw I ignored from the first season got worse, more flaws and awful, AWFUL characters were introduced alongside making the already insufferable cast worse, and while the "intelligent" solutions Lelouch used in the first season were a bit too contrived, it was at least better compared to season 2 where there were too many battles where Lelouch's side would straight up win because of better Knightmares. The ending does NOT make up for the two dozen shitty episodes. The first season is still pretty shitty, but I can give it a pass for nostalgia's sake, season 2 has always been the worst though. R2 was like the ice water someone poured on me to wake my ass up right in the middle of a fun dream.

Grand Blue also annoys me, because I actually love the manga. Comedy anime always suffered from low production values and being unable to adapt the comedic timing from the manga, and I just got used to it. Nichijou was a nice exception, but when Hinamatsuri came out I was given hope that maybe comedy anime was trending upward, and that I could look forward to the anime adaptation of what was my favorite comedy manga at the time. Nope, this show literally encompassed everything wrong with comedy anime. The comedic timing was terrible, and the only anime with worse sound design was Umaru. Punchlines suffered quite a bit, the graphic change and heavy music choice started like a frame too early and the punchline lingered like a second too long, ruining ANY semblance of impact from these punchlines. Since the director was involved in Gintama I thought he'd know better as that show despite suffering from some typical comedy anime pitfalls was still able to divert our attention from them and make us laugh, but no, it ended up being a prime example of shitty comedy adaptations instead. This one really made me sad as not only did I love the Grand Blue manga, but I was just absolutely enthralled by the Hinamatsuri anime, and I watched Asobi Asobase after Grand Blue, rubbing salt in the wound.

Last one is Your Lie in April. Felt too emotionally manipulative, did not give a shit about any of the characters, and felt a bit too repetitive with the main character's suffering being constantly noted, then he joins a music thing, other people are shown to be really good, main character suffers from trauma, gets over it right in the middle of the performance and does well to everyone's shock and they're unsure how to handle it, and then it all ends only to happen yet again. I don't hate this show enough to really lump it in with the previous two, but I just think it's annoying how people used to put this show on a pedestal when it came to emotional anime when 3-gatsu exists and did everything infinitely better.
Feb 15, 2020 3:36 AM
Jan 2019
One Punch Man, this show have a incredible production

But is very lame for me '-'
Feb 15, 2020 3:37 AM

Feb 2020
Sword art online was just not my thing.
Feb 15, 2020 3:41 AM

Nov 2019
OnionKnightRises said:
Last one is Your Lie in April. Felt too emotionally manipulative, did not give a shit about any of the characters, and felt a bit too repetitive with the main character's suffering being constantly noted, then he joins a music thing, other people are shown to be really good, main character suffers from trauma, gets over it right in the middle of the performance and does well to everyone's shock and they're unsure how to handle it, and then it all ends only to happen yet again. I don't hate this show enough to really lump it in with the previous two, but I just think it's annoying how people used to put this show on a pedestal when it came to emotional anime when 3-gatsu exists and did everything infinitely better.

You are not alone in this fight. 3-gatsu does the main character infinitely better. Hibike! does the musical performances infinitely better.

Also, Plastic Memories. I don't understand how people can think this obvious waifu bait is a good drama.
Feb 15, 2020 3:49 AM

Oct 2018
naruto
dragon ball z
cowboy bebop
hellsing ultimate
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 15, 2020 3:51 AM
Jan 2012
have_a_starfish said:
OnionKnightRises said:

You are not alone in this fight. 3-gatsu does the main character infinitely better. Hibike! does the musical performances infinitely better.

Also, Plastic Memories. I don't understand how people can think this obvious waifu bait is a good drama.

I haven't actually seen Hibike yet but that actually makes me happy to hear the musical performance is better, the music in YLiA is actually the only thing I really liked about that show, but was ruined pretty quickly by the MC's flip floppy performance.

Also while I quite liked Plastic Memories, it felt just as emotionally manipulative as YLiA. I was able to forgive it because I liked the show and it's premise, but it was a bit too heavy handed and I wish it took a more subtle approach.
Feb 15, 2020 4:11 AM

Jun 2017
Shield Hero. I read the first 15 chapters of the manga 2-3 years ago and it didn't seem bad, so, when I found out there will be an anime adaptation, I was very excited about it.
Well... it turned out to be the first anime ever to annoy the hell out of me. I finished it just because I didn't want to drop it, since last year I decided to clear my dropped list and didn't want to add another one that I'll have to finish eventually. I was sure that if I drop it I would never come back to it... In the end I gave it a 1.
Usually, I give anime 5> scores because even if some are "garbage" some people worked on them and tried to do their best. But Shield Hero is an exception. Iniatially, I gave it a 5, but I'm ashamed to say that I dropped its score by one digit everytime I saw someone praising it.
Feb 15, 2020 5:28 AM
takodachi

Jan 2020
I never understood why katanagatari is so highly rated. As an episodic anime, the color scheme might attract people to it but the incredibly stale dialogue for a whole hour gets old real quick. I don't really hate the show but I was pretty hyped before watching it.

𝒫𝑜𝓅 𝒶 𝓅𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝒾𝓂𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓏𝑒𝒹
𝒯𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓇𝒾𝒹𝑒
𝒫𝓊𝓇𝒾𝒻𝓎 𝓂𝓎 𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓈𝑜𝓃𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹

Feb 15, 2020 5:41 AM

Nov 2019
I don't hate it, like at all, but
asobi asobase is pretty highly rated and the reviews are overwhelmingly postitive, now, i know that humor is 'subjective' and the way people perceive comedy is different to one another but i just kinda did not get the appeal at all, like some episodes were good but then there were some that were unbearable and it just felt like they were abusing the same funny faces and seiyuus screaming their lungs out and i just got sick of it immediately .
misato > asuka > rei
Feb 15, 2020 6:30 AM
Jul 2018
- Violet Evergarden: beautiful art but no depth at all, there are too many overdramatic moments and every character is forgettable

- Steins;Gate 0: a mess with cheap animation, the score would be lower if it wasn't the follow-up to a highly acclaimed series

- Your Lie in April: I don't hate this one but I think that is overrated, like Violet Evergarden it doesn't have a lot of depth. It's basically: classical music + sad scenes = a masterpiece according to everyone
Feb 15, 2020 6:46 AM
Jul 2018
Re:Zero. MC is very annoying.
Even though I somewhat like Fate/stay night UBW, the MC is similarly annoying.
Feb 15, 2020 9:13 AM

Jul 2019
Here we go again with this thread:
-BNHA (boring and predictable story, uninteresting characters)
-Madoka Magica (basic good vs evil anime, but somehow people considere it to be 'masterpiece' just because they put lollies as the MCs)
-Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (most irritating MC in existance)
-Re Zero (became boring after episode 5)

Not great, not terrible:
-FMAB (first 50 episode were pretty mediocre, which is kinda weird for a series that holds that no. 1 spot)
-Hunter x Hunter (everything fell apart after the Yorknew Arc, Chimera arc was too long and the narrator spoke more than the whole cast, if it wasn't for the Meruem vs Netero fight that whole arc would be pretty bland)
Feb 15, 2020 9:45 AM
Jan 2019
AoT- very slow, poorly written characters IMO, and a lot of irrelevant dialogues and monologues

Fire force - at first it seemed like a cool anime because I liked the idea (and I love soul eater) but no, I got a lot of unfunny jokes, shitty characters, a lot of fun service ... Disgusting

Demon Slayer- I don't think anything needs to be said about this. The beginning itself starts with a cliché and they use it too much, make fun of the main villain in the beginning, lol. also, I don't like MC, no, not his demon-loli sister either!

Naruto Shippuden- just oof
Feb 15, 2020 10:16 AM
Oct 2018
Say i love has got to have the worst,most blandest characters in any rom com ive personally seen

Shiki was terrible the only good thing was the violence and the nihlism in it but it actually gave me a headache to finsih
Feb 15, 2020 10:19 AM
Jul 2019
Angel beats (some good jokes but very rushed ending)
Koe no Katachi (manga is awesome, but anime is boring shit)
Feb 15, 2020 10:21 AM
Jan 2017
Viltas said:
Toradora was the most annoying show that I have ever seen. I have never experienced something quite like it. Im generally a very open minded person and I always try to love something when I give it a try, but I never left a show with this many negative feelings before.

Same here gosh...finally someone who thinks the same way. When I hear someone saying it is a masterpiece, I am flabbergasted.
Feb 15, 2020 10:55 AM

Apr 2019
A Place Further Than the Universe

I dropped it like 8 episodes in because it was so boring and the characters were either generic or I hated them.
Feb 15, 2020 1:40 PM

Apr 2018
I really hate Devilman crybaby but alot of people consider it masterpiece and it even won AOTY 2018 crunchyroll awards

Also Angel beats I don't understand why people like it it felt too forced and tried too hard to be emotional show just for audience to cry but I was laughing at the end same problem I had with YLIA but I think it is at least better than Angel beats in terms of good character writing

ArshjFeb 15, 2020 1:51 PM
Feb 15, 2020 4:04 PM
May 2019
yes oh my gosh its the worst feeling ever to not like something else that everyone loves. glad to see someone else going through the same thing. the biggest one for me is steinsgate which is basically the best anime ever for evrybody but ifind it the worst. Second worst would be overlord and yet it has a high rating and a fanbase but to me it is absolute trash. noragami as well which i really do like but because of hiyori my enjoyment of the whole series went down and yet everybody loves noragami.
Feb 15, 2020 4:18 PM
Jul 2012
Many of those mainstream series.

As much as i love Naruto and Bleach, i somehow cannot force myself to watch series like HxH, BnHA and SnK. I finished TG manga and it was really hard for me to find something i liked about it.
Same for movies like Koe no Katachi, i just can't understand why it's called a masterpiece for someone.
Oh yes, and SAO. First few episodes were maybe good, but...

To be honest, lately there are really no series i can watch. Last few animes based on mangas i was reading were just terrible and i gave up on watching.
wHDanteFeb 15, 2020 4:21 PM
Feb 15, 2020 4:21 PM

Jul 2017
Some people are actually mentioning SAO lmao

Feb 15, 2020 5:19 PM
Jul 2018
Parayste the Maxim. The characters were unlikable idiots and the "music" straight up hurt my ears.

I was also going in expecting a horror anime but really what I got was a battle shounen with a horror coat of paint. :/
Feb 15, 2020 5:25 PM
Oct 2012
How many times will this topic be made
Feb 15, 2020 5:31 PM

Apr 2011
3 Anime immediately come to mind:

Spirited Away - it just kinda felt like a bunch of random stuff just happening, with none of it really being entertaining to me.

Paranoia Agent - I'll admit that this is one of the first anime that I watched that wasn't a mainstream shounen like Dragonball or One Piece or something, so I might like it more if I watched it today, but back then it was just too weird and pretty boring.

Tsuki ga Kirei - Hands down probably the most boring show I've ever watched. Might be somewhat realistic and I generally don't dislike slower paced shows, but watching 12 episodes of middle school students texting each other was just not appealing.
Feb 15, 2020 7:27 PM
Jul 2018
I actually do not have any contribution to this list, save a minor criticism, having read through the thread...

This shall come off as quite pretentious and condescending, for which I offer an apology beforehand:

Regarding some of the series listed ("Monster," "Hunter x Hunter," "Shiki," "Spirited Away," "Paranoia Agent," and others), the reasons given for disliking them are "boring," "couldn't get into it," "slow," "random stuff happening," etc.
I have no issue with people disliking these types of series or films, but for reasons like these?

An example, using "Paranoia Agent." If it seemed boring, or too difficult to understand, then maybe not enough attention was directed toward the progression of the story? Maybe the reason for it being boring is that the watcher found it underwhelming in its method of delivery; if that is the case, say so. Having not seen the series in a few years, it still resonates deeply due to its thematic material, what with the power of mass media and the reality of fantasy.

"Monster," likewise, is heavily thematic. So someone dislikes it for being ugly, or boring? That is no reason. Maybe the story did not grab you, and your enjoyment comes from people swinging magic blades and charging superattacks, which is totally acceptable! Not everyone shall enjoy a series. But, it is not that the series is "boring," so much as it holds little value or interest!

So, maybe my main issue is this: the terminology at play in this thread is as if the series is at fault for an individual's views on it? There is absolutely nothing wrong with having an opinion dissimilar to that of the crowd! If you dislike something, give your reasoning, not something wrong with the show.

Some concessions: if the show truly sucks, then go all-out reaming it! "Mars of Destruction," in no universe, can be considered good. But the thread topic here is about beliefs opposite the majority.

Again, I apologize; this turned into a rant. Feel free to bash me for my condescending, pretentious, partially hypocritical, and holier-than-thou attitude. I totally deserve it. This is just an issue I have with much criticism of entertainment media, which has finally been unleashed...I suppose that means people in this thread are the unsuspecting and undeserving targets of my harshness. Sorry.
Feb 15, 2020 7:37 PM

Sep 2019
Hate is way too strong for how I felt for it, but the Monogatari Series didn't quite grab my attention like the rather large fanbase build around it.
It did make me feel a little guilty; but hey, I tried it, and it just didn't vibe with me. That's the way of the world.

Now if you just want a broad sense of hate... just the harem genre, but that's more out of a scar it left in my early anime watching days.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Feb 15, 2020 7:45 PM

Sep 2008
Some things coming to mind...

-Makoto Shinkai movies (all of them rehash the same focus on long-distance relationships with some sort of gimmick. My reception to them over the years has been quite mixed in spite of the large fanfare they get.)
-Sword Art Online (Felt like an otaku gratification title of some sort with how Kirito gets by.)
-Clannad (I get why people like it and After Story. Just found the series was riddled with a good number of issues coming from its VN roots that keep me from being on the bandwagon for it.)
-Neon Genesis Evangelion (Do see where it had areas of potential to be one of the all-time greats. Unfortunately, Hideaki Anno had to ruin things by making the characters unlikable angst buckets and dabbling too much into existentialism.)
Feb 15, 2020 7:54 PM

Oct 2019
kimetsu no yaiba and boku no hero academia.
I regard them as trash but it appears the majority of anime fans love the show, so there's that.
Feb 15, 2020 8:06 PM

Jul 2016
Kyoukai no Kanata and Enen no Shouboutai.

Kyoukai no kanata because i find 99% of the characters annoying and i didin't enjoy the story at all. They even added filler episodes in between, and its only a 12 episodes show.

Enen no Shouboutai its your typical shonen, maybe the horrible adaptation made it worst for me, but even without, the story is horrible paced and everyone get op power ups because fuck it.I think i only finished it so i could convince my friend of how bad it was, and it worked.
Feb 15, 2020 8:11 PM
Dec 2019
The last time I found myself actively disliking a form of media was a whole four years ago, when I walked out of the cinema whilst watching Suicide Squad and demanded a refund. I can't even remember the last thing I "hated". Perhaps because my standards and expectations of entertainment have become more general over time, so long as I'm not bored when watching it, it doesn't matter. Something I don't like, that doesn't entertain me, I feel indifference towards, perhaps a little annoyed at some elements of it, some things I find particularly jarring or grating, but usually I'm only a little annoyed at myself for not just dropping it sooner for being and moving on to the next thing. I'm 25, it's hard to feel hatred or anger over something that actually matters, let alone over something as trivial as an anime that just wasn't to my tastes.
Feb 15, 2020 10:42 PM

Feb 2017
I'll have to apologize in advance to all fans of the following anime, but because I really need to get this out of my chest...

-Naruto (also includes Shippudden and Boruto):
Started watching it since the first season, but after the Chuunin Exams, I could never get why there are so many people praising its story, or the battles... The characters are quite understandable, since there are lot of them and should be anyone that you might like (mine is Kakashi, more after I've heard it in his Latin American dub...) but, I don't see what's great on this series. Plot, it has a lot of fillers, when it comes the time when Naruto has to fight, he has to give that "motivational" talk to his opponent, because his abilities (or powers) weren't enough to beat them. One of the characters that gets a lot of screentime is Naruto's rival, Sasuke Uchiha (some character since his first apparition, he was annoying AF) his "only" motivation to exist throughout the series, was to get his revenge on his older brother, Itachi, for being the responsible of killing his entire clan. When the time of revenge comes, and Sasuke could defeat Itachi, he knows that his clan was planning to overthrow and control Konohagakure, and after his death, (which most of fans "cried") Sasuke had no other "credible" reason to oppose the MC, (after that, he wants to get his revenge against the whole village)... Other thing, Naruto wants to get Sasuke back to the village, stating that "he was his friend"... Sasuke never give a f#$% about Naruto. He never consider him as a rival, or a friend, or even something relevant in his life... So what was the "true reason, other that an apparent obession over him? (you know, like a total fangirl or an obsessed girlfriend...)

-One Piece:
The "story", the artwork, the characters, the setting, the "humor", or even the theme... There is really nothing that could make me understand why this thing has a lot of fans, or any clear sign of it's (in my very personal opinion) totally, undeserved popularity... I heavily dislike the pirate theme, in all of it's forms... But, this series in particular, seemed so, and really, so dumb after watching the first episodes... It wasn't cool, amazing, funny, or even, interesting or something really worth to give it a second chance... And it doesn't really has to do with the 4Kids treatment over the series, or the fact that I've seen it in Latin American dub or the original Japanese (which I can't decide which is worse...) There is nothig worthy of anything that could be salvaged.
Other thing that I won't accept, by ANY means, is that you tell me that I should see it from "X" arc, or should try it on "Y" battle. My personal philosophy is, a true good anime should be GOOD, since the first, to the very LAST episode (including any kind of extras, like OVA, or ONA, or whatever...) I won't wait until this thing gets good, and (like in the case of Naruto and its spin-offs) see al the GODDAMN FILLERS until I can watch a "truly interesting" arc.
Characters are ridiculous, it has to develop further since this is a shonen, but they are really repelling, unfunny and uninteresting. The artwork is totally disgusting and absurd, and I've seen people praising it for being "different" and "unique". Come on, there are a lot of anime series that really deserve that kind of recognition, and you are using them to give it a value that this doesn't even deserve or worthy to earn by itself.
The so-called "humor" are a lot of visual gags, based on very exaggerated facial features and jokes that doesn't feel like it. They are more cringey than truly funny, like they were trying so bad to make it barely amusing...
The battles are so exaggerated, the powers have no true, inner control over them in the series. It seems to try to make something so spectacular, but it ends like something Dragon Ball-ish, but with worse results... (much like Naruto...)
After all this (very necessary) rant, I concluded that this, is the type of anime "that is not for me", because I sincerely don't understand what does this anime series have keeps its fandom together, why people keep watching after more than +800 episodes and counting. From taking it somewhat seriously to totally not taking it seriously (like, i don't know, non-sensical series like Plastic Nee-san, Asobi Asobase, that they are pure, erratic humor) I sincerely understand from series like Demon Slayer, from Attack on Titan, from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, but, in the very particular case of One Piece, I couldn't personally get it... but I'm sure about this, One Piece is completely overrated...

-Fairy Tail
A cheap fantasy series, lots of characters that they are truly annoying, (specially Natsu Dragneel and Erza Scarlet) a lot of excuses to make Erza a personal, fashionable Barbie-like character. Again, many excuses disguised in the "plot" to show some "sexy fanservice" since the plot is too weak and boring to keep the attention only in the depth of the characters', or in their relation with other characters, a believable progress... (doesn't count the lot of "upgrades" like I mentioned with Erza).

-Kill La Kill
Why this thing is so popular??? The only believable answer is: "Sexy" girls, battling with scissors between them, and against some enemies around, with some very revealing and "living" pieces of cloth that should be a... sailor uniform. Otherwise, without that, pieces of cloth, covering the nipples, their butts (barely) and the crotch (again, barely), they'd have better fight naked... And make this an another weird ecchi series, or even, a total weird H series...

-Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure:
Just to make it short... It is totally ridiculous, I can't consider it interesting, or even amusing... If i had to define it, it is pure cringe that I feel whatever comes from this thing. Other thing that I'm really tired of, is their fandom, that they're always with their "Is that a Jojo's reference". It was easily to ignore the first 50 times when it was posted on everything (including Facebook, 9GAG, or any other page) It is very annoying... The story is (again) ridiculous, uninteresting. The characters are so stupid and that thing about the poses doesn't make it any better... The fight scenes are decent, but the rest of it is a complete no-go.

-Hunter X Hunter
Just simply not interested to watch it. But there's a lot of people talking wonders about it. I don't hate it because its "bad", in it's whole meaning, but people can make things seem annoying... Guys, let people discover it, instead of calling it "masterpiece"...

-Great Teacher Onizuka:
A lot of people recommended me to watch it, but there's something that doesn't convince me to watch it...

-Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!/Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu/Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken/Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.
Basically, they are the SAME isekai-themed anime. Same loser that is reincarnated or inserted to a fantasy world that can make anything as he wants... Same concepts and recycled themes and tropes...

-Nisekoi:
Another anime series that has a considerable number of fans... It just took me to watch the first episode to ditch it and never give it a chance. Chitoge Kirisaki is one of the worst characters (as a female character and as a character solely) that I've ever known... FUCKING ANNOYING, UNLIKEABLE AND DESPICABLE BRAT. Enough said...

-Any Ecchi/Loli-focused/Sport/Game (like Duel Masters or Bakugan)/Harem or Reverse-Harem series
AnimaExZeroFeb 15, 2020 10:53 PM
We are EVERYWHERE...
Feb 15, 2020 10:53 PM

Dec 2017
re creators maybe?

very interesting plot and reverse-isekaied chars (well most of them I guess? can't stand meteora and depressed not-saber), but actually watching it somehow feels like a snooze fest to me. sawano drop can't save my enjoyment of the show either.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Skibidi toilet piece part 2 (the sequel)

Cyborgium - 3 hours ago

4 by Daviljoe193 »»
2 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

222 by Shizuna »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

61 by maya2003s »»
9 minutes ago

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

57 by shiro-seishun »»
11 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

30 by LenRea »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.