Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 9, 2020 9:50 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Nino and Miku are literally paired up for good, eh? Quality writing lololol.

And what's this? The final quintuplet game? Like anyone really cares about this nonsense.

I bet the ultimate trophy-kun would be able to tell all of them apart. LMAO.
shanimebibFeb 9, 2020 9:54 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 9, 2020 11:19 PM

Sep 2015
shanimebib said:

Of course he will, and thou shall marry all 5.
HAREM ENDING/POLYGAMY FOR THE WIN!!!!
Feb 9, 2020 11:44 PM

Jul 2014
I called that there would be one last quintuplet game since CH 115 Fuutarou never really got them right in the previous games they had. Can't end the series without him being able to tell them apart after all this time.
Feb 9, 2020 11:52 PM

May 2015
"QuAlItY wRiTiNg LoLoLoL"

Feb 9, 2020 11:53 PM

Nov 2007
-Stray said:
I called that there would be one last quintuplet game since CH 115 Fuutarou never really got them right in the previous games they had. Can't end the series without him being able to tell them apart after all this time.

After FIVE years? Sounds about right... so fucking terrible. Everytime I think this is the lowest point of the manga, the author comes up with something for the next week. This is one of the worst manga I read.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 10, 2020 12:11 AM

Jul 2014
shanimebib said:
-Stray said:

After FIVE years? Sounds about right... so fucking terrible. Everytime I think this is the lowest point of the manga, the author comes up with something for the next week. This is one of the worst manga I read.

Yeah you're pretty vocal about your dislike about this after Yots got chosen. I can't tell if its because you didnt like how it happened or you didnt like the winner.
Is there something wrong with them doing a quint game after 5 yrs? Is there some kind of rule that it needs to happen at a certain span of like a year? I mean they are just about to get married, this is like a wedding afterparty game as well just in advance. Tbh I think they themselves know Fuu can guess who's who, they just wanna mess with him for one last time, and what better time than doing it before his wedding lol. Its not that serious its over now, they're just having fun. This isnt like an ultimatum or anything. And in a way its for fans too, I always find it fun trying to guess who's who among them cause honestly I still cant accurately tell them apart.
Feb 10, 2020 3:56 AM

Nov 2018
shanimebib said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Nino and Miku are literally paired up for good, eh? Quality writing lololol.

And what's this? The final quintuplet game? Like anyone really cares about this nonsense.

That hair style of Nino and Miku are already accepted that both girls are now the officially members of rejected squad club together the other rejected girls (I think they will created the memes of rejected girls)...

About the quintoplet game,since they wearing a wedding gown, how about guessed no. According lines and who the excact no. That Fuutarou will choose it exactly the right person will become winner...
Feb 10, 2020 5:35 AM

Dec 2017
TsukuyomiREKT said:
"QuAlItY wRiTiNg LoLoLoL"

CaNt yUO teLl? nEgi haS gENiouS pLaNT?!?!
Feb 10, 2020 6:11 AM

Jan 2018
Really missed long hairs Nino really glad to see her again in long hairs.

But damn man, both Miku and Nino are looking fuking gorgeous and hot tbh Fuu really wasted his fucking chance we'll, I would gladly take both of them anytime.

Well, that quint game is pointless at this point tbh let's pray that he chose Nino or Miku and will take any of them as his bride gonna be the best plot twist lol.
Feb 10, 2020 6:14 AM

Nov 2019
oh my god. miku is insanely beautifu with this hairstyle.
yotsuba is super cute as always. i'm so happy for her. i always believed she was the bride and now that it's finally happening after all this time it feels surreal.
i was waiting for the confrontation between fuutarou and maruo. i loved what he said, fuutarou wants to be in love with one woman forever. that's so cute. and it's funny how he always calls maruo "father" lol.
So, let's see if i can recognize them. 4-1-2-3-5
Feb 10, 2020 7:25 AM
Jul 2014
Quite the way to end a series, by essentially invalidating 90% of it and throwing a lot of the character's development in the trash. This series has been confirmed as filler from chapter 2 to chapter 113
Feb 10, 2020 8:43 AM

Mar 2014
Don't know why toubun fans keep talking about 'development' when in terms of romantic development.NONE of them had any with Fuutarou.

Character development is another issue and none of them had any grade a development.

To put it more bluntly. He never loved any quint and he chose Yotsuba and the fans are pissy. Like every harem fan does. "My waifu doesnt win so its bad"
Feb 10, 2020 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
I'm surprised everyone is salty....didn't you all talk big before? claimed Itsuki winning would be the worst due to first girl bias but you would be fine with Yotsuba's victory? now your wish has been granted you're still mad? I'm just sad Itsuki never stood a real chance and was used as a red herring, she deserved better.
Feb 10, 2020 10:56 AM
May 2017
Still one more mystery to be revealed :

Why did Yots suddenly kiss Fuu under the bell even though back then there were almost zero clues that she is Rena/has feelings for him?
Feb 10, 2020 12:46 PM

May 2015
*Finishes reading the chapter, tears up* Im so happy right now. Yotsuba has moved in with Fuutarou and they're living together happily.

They've all grown up. Its nice to see they're all doing well. They all congratulated Yotsuba on their marriage AHHHHHHHHH!!! ITS SOO GOOD!!!! ITS A DREAM COME TRUE!!!

I started the anime a few days ago thinking Yotsuba didnt have a single chance of winning and here I am, 121 chapters in and she's getting married. I feel like a father thats just seen her daughter get married. (Not that I'd know what thats like lol)

Im so happy right now. My best girls in harems never win so to see this full and complete story, its so nice. (P.S this is the 2nd ever harem manga Ive managed to "finish".) Its so nice to have a full and complete romance story as apposed to what anime can give in small samples.

This manga has honestly been amazing to read. I was so expected Itsuki to win since every harem does the whole "first to get introduced is automatically the winner thing." Glad the author surprised us.

Im looking forward to the wedding SOOO MUCH!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS BEST GIRL YOTSUBA!!!
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 10, 2020 7:21 PM

Sep 2013
TheGrandSage23 said:
Don't know why toubun fans keep talking about 'development' when in terms of romantic development.NONE of them had any with Fuutarou.

Character development is another issue and none of them had any grade a development.

To put it more bluntly. He never loved any quint and he chose Yotsuba and the fans are pissy. Like every harem fan does. "My waifu doesnt win so its bad"
You know Yotsuba has had quite a lot of fans who still aren't too happy with how this has gone right? I'm sure some are upset about who's been picked, but for a fair few, it's about why they were picked and the result of that decision.
Feb 11, 2020 4:29 AM

Mar 2014
Retolee said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

You know Yotsuba has had quite a lot of fans who still aren't too happy with how this has gone right? I'm sure some are upset about who's been picked, but for a fair few, it's about why they were picked and the result of that decision.

Uhh unless you have a poll I can't agree with your claim especially since Yotsuba fans Ive encountered are only pissed due to not being enough fluff between the main pairing. I have hardly seen any Yotsubro or whatever they call themselves mad Yotsuba was picked unless for some reason you think this site accounts for a large portion of an anime/manga fandom

"Its about why they were picked and the result of that decision" uhh Yotsuba was picked and the sisters got mad. That's pretty much what happened. There's nothing deeper. Ichika and Itsuki surprisingly were mature ones in this. They loved him but admitted that they weren't going to be chosen

Miku finally accepted the lost and moved on.. Itsuki supported her sister and Nino kept showing why she's a toxic character. It all boils down to fans mad that a certain character didn't win. Like every harem anime/manga in existence the funny thing is this is even more ridiculous considering what I said in a previous post. Fuutarou didn't love anyone except Yotsuba. There was no chain yanking cock teasing anywhere. The Quints made an impact on his life for sure but not in terms of romance
Feb 11, 2020 5:02 AM

Nov 2019
Rytakahashi09 said:
Still one more mystery to be revealed :

Why did Yots suddenly kiss Fuu under the bell even though back then there were almost zero clues that she is Rena/has feelings for him?

What? Yotsuba has been in love with Fuutarou since she was a kid. She probably wanted to have at least a kiss before giving up
Feb 11, 2020 7:39 AM

Feb 2015
TheGrandSage23 said:

Could not be closer to the truth. I remember reading a comment on reddit criticizing this manga specifically for the fact that we never got insight into Fuutarou's feelings or mind so literally any ending would seem like bullshit, all so Negi's dumbass could keep the ending a secret. Which is further compounded by the fact that Yotsuba was one of the "weakest girls" from a purely narrative stand point. Like good job bud, you got your secret surprise ending, and it made your mediocre manga shit.

God, this manga is as unexceptional as I've thought since day one and it's vindicating to see the ending and disappointment with that ending reflect that. Now it's BokuBen's turn to have a shit ending with a shoehorned heroine and MC who had little to no emotional development / exploration till the very end.
Feb 11, 2020 8:26 AM
Apr 2019
I dont think anythinig can compete to how shit shokugeki ending was, but now this and bokuben turned into similar situation..

Anyway, watch this for how accurate is this... https://www.reddit.com/r/5ToubunNoHanayome/comments/f1gbzv/mad_lad_negi_and_his_writing_process/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Feb 11, 2020 8:29 AM
May 2019
I dnt know.. i feel that Fuutarou's romance is not developed well. Like suddenly he is into Yotsuba.There is not much build up into it and then he just chose Yotsuba. Either way, i'm freakin sad this manga is ending now..
Feb 11, 2020 8:30 AM

Nov 2016
dam mkiku got hot!
Feb 11, 2020 8:33 AM
May 2019
TheGrandSage23 said:

I absolutely agree. There is absolutely NO romantic development at all. Like out of the blue he choses Yotsuba. Fuutarou mvr showed he actually fell for any of them. Idk man the romantic development here is just lacking. The satisfaction is not there
Feb 11, 2020 8:36 AM

Feb 2018
Omg we finally get a five year timeskip, Ichika radiates even more ara ara energy, my girl Itsuki is now a teacher damn how far she came, also My girls Nino and Miku opened a restaurant together, Miku is without her headphone now and holy shit Nino is so fucking beautiful and precious. And we finally have Yotsuba, more energetic than ever ready to marry Fuutarou

Man its great to see them as adults having realized their dreams, I'm still a little salty that Itsuki or Nino didn't get picked oh well at least they're happy

The Final Quints game is great way to tease fuutarou, they are in same order as in the colour page. He's obviously going to pick yotsuba correctly or is he. Hope he picks Nino

Two chapters left let's fucking goooo
Feb 11, 2020 9:08 AM

Oct 2017
I feel sad that it's going to end so soon...
Feb 11, 2020 9:12 AM

Sep 2018
I'm sad now because it's almost over
Feb 11, 2020 9:34 AM

Sep 2017
is it necessary to have this final game bullshit? like come on 5 years time skip and fuutarou living together with yotsuba already... there is no way in hell he wont recognized which one is the real yotsuba

nice bait negi, very nice indeed

damn i really need more doujins of nino and miku right now
Feb 11, 2020 9:38 AM

Jan 2018
zalapeno said:
is it necessary to have this final game bullshit? like come on 5 years time skip and fuutarou living together with yotsuba already... there is no way in hell he wont recognized which one is the real yotsuba

298335 enjoy this godly art doujin u can thanks me later.
Feb 11, 2020 9:48 AM

Sep 2017
Congintive said:
zalapeno said:

damn bro, i feel like reading the original tho. bless the artist

big thanks to you i can sleep well tonight
Feb 11, 2020 9:51 AM

Jan 2018
zalapeno said:
Congintive said:

damn bro, i feel like reading the original tho. bless the artist

big thanks to you i can sleep well tonight

Np bro as they say a friend in need is a friend indeed. I don't even care about this story as I consider this doujin millions times better than this lol.
Feb 11, 2020 11:06 AM

Aug 2008
"5 years later"

Yeah, fuck you too.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 11, 2020 11:20 AM
Nov 2017
Did they really have to do this on the wedding day?...
Feb 11, 2020 11:21 AM

Oct 2010
LOL the final troll. Fuutarou will ace this.

-Stray said:
I called that there would be one last quintuplet game since CH 115 Fuutarou never really got them right in the previous games they had.

Except he was able to do tell Yotsuba apart a long time ago. That was the first clue to who the winner would be

Feb 11, 2020 11:42 AM

Oct 2017
YESS! It's wedding time finally and a final quints game. Loved Yotsuba since the start of this series and really happy she won. Everyone was looking really beautiful all grown up. Damn just one more chap to go.
Feb 11, 2020 12:54 PM
Aug 2010
"THIS IS ONE HELLA EVIL GAME, WOMEN ARE EVIL AFTER ALL"
was the thought i had, but well, it does trully make sence, on the other hand, its a good theoryzing ground for Nino Gang members and members of the Church of Miku like in this edit:

perfect edit xD
Feb 11, 2020 3:13 PM

Mar 2018
Congintive said:
Really missed long hairs Nino really glad to see her again in long hairs.

But damn man, both Miku and Nino are looking fuking gorgeous and hot tbh Fuu really wasted his fucking chance we'll, I would gladly take both of them anytime.

Well, that quint game is pointless at this point tbh let's pray that he chose Nino or Miku and will take any of them as his bride gonna be the best plot twist lol.
I'd bump my score up to 8 if that happens lol.
Feb 11, 2020 4:28 PM

Mar 2015
smell of the salt in the morning is the best. beautiful.

also for anyone saying that people dislike the ending simply because yotsuba, lot of people including me put yotsuba at the top (you can check the waifu thread), but still dissapointed with the ending. soo...

yotsuba ending is like the least problem it has.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 11, 2020 5:11 PM

Jun 2015
The question is... why now? With him choosing Yotsuba, I assume Negi has thrown his whole story out of the window. All that stuff including major plot devices such as lolikano, bell kiss, and 'tell them apart with love' thing.

I also assume that Negi chose Yotsuba because he's trying to make the series unpredictable by choosing the girl who isn't that relevant in the whole story, and the girl who most people will be happy with (a.k.a. "everybody's compromised winner", a.k.a. "If my girl isn't winning, then as long as my other girl were to win in return, then it's fine"). And the answer for those criteria is obviously, our dear and precious Yotsuba. The only one who suffers the whole damn time.

Damn negi.. I don't know anymore. Choose whoever you like...

btw, that wedding situation in real life will be really dangerous xD
YosepRAFeb 11, 2020 5:15 PM
Feb 11, 2020 5:28 PM

Jan 2018
Not a fan of the last few chapters but this new one is really good.

Nino looks cute with her new hairstyle ^^, still a little bummed that she isn't the bride but i got nothing angist Yotsuba either.
Feb 11, 2020 7:02 PM
Mar 2015
5 year timeskip to Yotsuba's wedding Now Uesagi is being forced into the final Quintuplet game
Feb 11, 2020 7:44 PM

Jun 2015
A timeskip seems a little unneeded as well as the final game. At least all the girls seems pretty happy.
:)
Feb 11, 2020 7:48 PM

Feb 2017
you guys all too salty and cant have a little bit of fun lmao

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 11, 2020 11:09 PM

Oct 2019
Dang the 4 windows were right (kind of). No harem ending, but one last game: find the submarine! Still, it first start with teasing Itsuki, then his first catch was Miku (I still wish that would happen) then Ichika, then Nino when she ran away, and then an unexpected submergence rose through the waters, sinking those ships YOTSUBA!!!
*sigh* we're here in the future of the start of the manga already, can we just get on with the wedding, please?!
Feb 11, 2020 11:11 PM

Mar 2017
evoniee said:
you guys all too salty and cant have a little bit of fun lmao

yup, I can't even understand this level of saltiness.

It is and it was a nice story.
L・Ψ・≅
Feb 12, 2020 12:31 AM

Jul 2014
A timeskip was inevitable, but it's a convenient to continue to not show any chemistry and real relationship development between Yotsuba and Futarou. The final game is also completely unnecessary at this point, really.
Feb 12, 2020 4:15 AM

Mar 2014
Even at the end, Miku is still best girl.
Feb 12, 2020 6:11 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The mangaka just gave up for the final quarter of this manga. He ran out of ideas but instead of taking a long break, he probably said, I'm ending this. Now.
A shame really.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 12, 2020 6:52 AM
Dec 2019
I love it that you finally hear the back story of Fuutaro's mother and the reason for their debt. It was a nice switch that it's was Fuu's father that gave Nino and Miku the cafe, and the two are continuing Fuutaro's mother's dream. The final panel was great! Part of me thinks it'll have an ending where he marries who is loves. The Quint's father even hinted if Fuu was making the right choice. I still think any of them are in the running.
Feb 12, 2020 8:27 AM
May 2015
I understand some people's problem with the manga. Mostly with Fuutarou's choice but as was stated his choice could've been anyone and it wouldn't be a problem since most of the "romance" was from the Quints POV. It's not like most harem/romance where the MC keeps getting paired with every chick in sight and has love triangles/rectangles etc..

If he had chosen anyone other than Yotsuba then it wouldve been fine as well in the sense that Fuutarou had feelings for her and wasnt been teased with any other quint. The downside is that the reveal was too late and wasnt much fluff or focus on the main pairing

Fuutarou chose Yotsuba because he loves her. He's happy she's happy and the sisters have made peace with it. It's an 8/10 for me. It was a 10/10 but the lack of Yots/Fuutarou together brings it down.
Chosen360Feb 12, 2020 8:30 AM
Feb 12, 2020 12:02 PM

Apr 2015
A lot of you people are really unreasonably mad, even after the initial freakout about Fuutarou's choice. The final Quint game serves as a thematic parallel. He's gonna deliver some nice speech about the impact they all had on him and find Yotsuba with zero issue, it'll be a nice wedding, lots of crying. Peaceful ending after all the craziness. Maybe I've just not read a lot of manga yet but the expectations that seems to have been built up here wasn't what Negi was going for at all.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 4 Discussion

ichii_1 - Oct 13, 2017

6 by Matheus050 »»
Nov 24, 2023 7:40 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 60 Discussion

Congintive - Oct 31, 2018

34 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 16, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 47 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 21, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 44 Discussion

badbass55 - Dec 25, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Sep 30, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 88 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shanimebib - Jun 3, 2019

50 by FreedomCanned »»
Sep 28, 2023 1:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.