Forum Settings
Forums

How do you feel about male rape being played for laughs in many anime?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 27, 2020 9:41 AM

Jan 2020
Well that sucks but i never experience watching one, maybe cuz i dont watch your genres.

Made by k3ti
Jan 27, 2020 10:19 AM

Feb 2010
It's not very funny and I prefer when it's being played for arousal in femdom doujins tbh.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 27, 2020 11:49 AM

Dec 2013
I feel like people have been discussing this more and more in the West but Japan is quite conservative in regards to gender roles and it doesn't just apply to women. So yeah, it's better to aim for gender-equality on both fronts.

Although it's not about anime, this discussion reminds me of a video I saw lately
Jan 27, 2020 1:05 PM

Jan 2017
Sekirodiealotoft said:
Cneq said:
So this gonna be a hot take but

Men can't be raped by a chick, i'm sorry but it's true.

Men on men though that's a different story and is something serious.

Actually men can be raped by women. Just because she doesn't have a penis doesn't mean she can't rape and a guy an erection from it doesn't automatically mean he likes it because erections are actually involuntary.

What's next a woman can't rape a woman? Stop perpetuating stereotypes
You obviously missed the point I was making so I'll spell it out for you. *Men* can't be raped by women. I'd say 100% of the time a man of average physical strength, without any outside influences [drugs, held at gun/knife point, threats] CANNOT be raped by a women of average physical strength. It is close to impossible, if a man seriously didn't want to be "raped" and went all out using physical strength I'd say it'd even be possible to break out of the situation even at knife-point [depending on where the knife is though].

Has nothing to do with stereotypes, you are the one leaning into stereotypes by assuming "Oh I can think outside the box, men can be raped by women too!".
Jan 27, 2020 1:08 PM

Jan 2017
Maneki-Mew said:
Cneq said:

Maybe mostly not physically (but it's possible, I'm sure), but surely through emotional manipulation. "If you don't sleep with me now, I'll leave you / then you don't love me" etc until they give in.
That isn't really about being a man or a chick, being mentally weak can apply to both males and females. The point I was making was that a average man CANNOT be raped by a average female, outside influences such as drugs, threats or weapons of course would be different. Physically it's 90% not going to be possible.
Jan 27, 2020 1:13 PM

Jan 2017
Alpha_Tranny said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Maybe mostly not physically (but it's possible, I'm sure), but surely through emotional manipulation. "If you don't sleep with me now, I'll leave you / then you don't love me" etc until they give in.

It’s quite possible if the woman outweighs the man too. If the man is a scrawny weakling into bbws it is very possible.
You've obviously never been in a situation where your life's at risk lmao Do you seriously think a weight difference would make a man stop acting in self-defense? Even a man leaning on the "weaker" side would be able to deliver blows enough to escape from an average chick. Average on average like I said it would be impossible.
Jan 27, 2020 1:24 PM
Aug 2019
In danmachi 2 I really felt scared that bell was going to be raped in the persecution of the amazons, and later when the frog captured him. That could count as a male almost rape in no comedy context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBmrPc0mG_E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNtTtdxeRKk

In grisaia no rakuen we see how yuuji takes JB virginity without her explicit consent. that could count as a female rape in a comedy context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoDbpAXIYo8

about the question, I don't mind the rape in a comedy context, I don't care if it's a male or female
Jan 27, 2020 1:28 PM

May 2013
Cneq said:
Alpha_Tranny said:

It’s quite possible if the woman outweighs the man too. If the man is a scrawny weakling into bbws it is very possible.
You've obviously never been in a situation where your life's at risk lmao Do you seriously think a weight difference would make a man stop acting in self-defense? Even a man leaning on the "weaker" side would be able to deliver blows enough to escape from an average chick. Average on average like I said it would be impossible.

I’m just speaking from experience. I have been overpowered by one of my exes before. Take from that what you will, to be fair since I am on hormones I am not physically strong so maybe a hot blooded male might do differently.

That and I wanted to remain in the relationship at that time so there is that factor of not wanting her to break it off.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jan 27, 2020 1:32 PM

Dec 2016
The only time I remember rape of anime mens being the joke was in Shimoneta (you probably would see less rape jokes if you stopped watching bad anime :v), but the joke don't really hurted me because:

The rape was plot and theme relevant
The male character wasn't portrated as weak or diferent, but Anna, as "looks who much sexual repression fucks people <insert hiperbolic history>"

Anyway, still creppy, not very funny, fuck me, I'm out
heh.
Jan 27, 2020 1:40 PM

Jan 2017
Alpha_Tranny said:
Cneq said:

I’m just speaking from experience. I have been overpowered by one of my exes before. Take from that what you will, to be fair since I am on hormones I am not physically strong so maybe a hot blooded male might do differently.

That and I wanted to remain in the relationship at that time so there is that factor of not wanting her to break it off.
That's fair enough. I was only talking about a scenario where an average male was against an average female. Mental abuse is a whole other can of worms but the point I was making was that if a average man really felt he was in danger and had no mental qualms about defending himself against this person there would be zero chance. When your life is really in danger you'll do anything to get out of the situation, most people aren't even aware of their own strength.
Jan 27, 2020 1:41 PM
Dec 2019
Cneq said:
Sekirodiealotoft said:

Actually men can be raped by women. Just because she doesn't have a penis doesn't mean she can't rape and a guy an erection from it doesn't automatically mean he likes it because erections are actually involuntary.

What's next a woman can't rape a woman? Stop perpetuating stereotypes
You obviously missed the point I was making so I'll spell it out for you. *Men* can't be raped by women. I'd say 100% of the time a man of average physical strength, without any outside influences [drugs, held at gun/knife point, threats] CANNOT be raped by a women of average physical strength. It is close to impossible, if a man seriously didn't want to be "raped" and went all out using physical strength I'd say it'd even be possible to break out of the situation even at knife-point [depending on where the knife is though].

Has nothing to do with stereotypes, you are the one leaning into stereotypes by assuming "Oh I can think outside the box, men can be raped by women too!".

Nice to see you claim i misread your point while simultaneously regurgitating that dumbass argument. Strength doesn't actually play a role since guys can still get drugged and threatened at knife point. Also that's some nice victim blaming you did just there about not doing anything at nice point. It's amazing what fear does to people in tbaf situation.

Not all men are strong and not all women are weak, you're reinforcing stereotypes by using that stength BS without considering several other factors.

By that logic, women can't be raped by men because of the way they dress and they fantasize about it weekly
Jan 27, 2020 1:43 PM

Jan 2020
Sekirodiealotoft said:
Cneq said:

Nice to see you claim i misread your point while simultaneously regurgitating that dumbass argument. Strength doesn't actually play a role since guys can still get drugged and threatened at knife point. Also that's some nice victim blaming you did just there about not doing anything at nice point. It's amazing what fear does to people in tbaf situation.

Not all men are strong and not all women are weak, you're reinforcing stereotypes by using that stength BS without considering several other factors.

By that logic, women can't be raped by men because of the way they dress and they fantasize about it weekly

Most men are stronger than most women, it's not a stereotype; just a fact.
Jan 27, 2020 1:46 PM

Jan 2017
Sekirodiealotoft said:
Cneq said:

Jesus christ mate, did you even read half of my comment before spewing more shit? "[without any outside influences [drugs, held at gun/knife point, threats]"

Average men CANNOT be raped by an Average women in regards to physical strength, go ahead and tell me all these "several factors" you know of and prove my point wrong. If not don't waste my time lmao
Jan 27, 2020 1:47 PM

May 2012
Male and female rape does not bother me at all. Anime = fiction

SJW/feminists are hypocritical. They call you sexist for saying smallest thing about woman but never say the same thing no matter what you say about males. They hate anime that does not treat women with "respect" but don't care how male are treated.

And yes rape and harassment can be used as joke. If you don't like then don't watch it, problem solved. The world does not revolve around American SJW/feminists opinion. And there is no actual harm caused by some joke or fictional anime. If you want to protect woman then protect real ones, not anime character.
thepathJan 27, 2020 1:57 PM
Jan 27, 2020 1:57 PM

Dec 2016
Na-kyum said:
Sekirodiealotoft said:

Most men are stronger than most women, it's not a stereotype; just a fact.

And all the men who were really raped by womans were:

Weaker than the woman who raped him
Under the influence of drugs
Under the threat of Blackmail
Under the threat of financial loss
Under the threat of bladed weapons
Under the threat of firearms
or just a child

Womans rapes mens, that's s just a fact. Like dude, no one one that conversation said that mens and womens avarage stregth was the same.
heh.
Jan 27, 2020 1:58 PM

May 2013
Cneq said:
Alpha_Tranny said:

That's fair enough. I was only talking about a scenario where an average male was against an average female. Mental abuse is a whole other can of worms but the point I was making was that if a average man really felt he was in danger and had no mental qualms about defending himself against this person there would be zero chance. When your life is really in danger you'll do anything to get out of the situation, most people aren't even aware of their own strength.

You could argue that with women vs men too. People have done incredible things when under adrenaline.

The big issue is if your arms are being held down it gets pretty difficult to fight back. And if the other person is heavier than you to legs are almost useless too. You would be surprised how easily one can have their power stripped from them.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jan 27, 2020 3:13 PM
Dec 2019
Cneq said:
Sekirodiealotoft said:

Jesus christ mate, did you even read half of my comment before spewing more shit? "[without any outside influences [drugs, held at gun/knife point, threats]"

Average men CANNOT be raped by an Average women in regards to physical strength, go ahead and tell me all these "several factors" you know of and prove my point wrong. If not don't waste my time lmao

Nigga i read that garbage you spewed and you're still wrong. Most of the crap you spew sounds like a page out of a male feminist book
Jan 27, 2020 3:50 PM

Jan 2017
Sekirodiealotoft said:
Cneq said:

Nigga i read that garbage you spewed and you're still wrong. Most of the crap you spew sounds like a page out of a male feminist book
"Male feminist book"? That's rich coming from the guy who tries to avoid genetically proven facts such as "MALES ON AVERAGE ARE STRONGER THAN WOMEN".

Twisting logic to suit ones agenda is a staple of feminists, you can't deny logic and proven facts if you want to remain credible. The same thing applies to "average" women joining the military, a AVERAGE man is a superior choice to a AVERAGE women in terms of pure physical reliability. There is no debate to this, genetically if a man is of average strength and is put against a women of average female strength it is clear who is the better choice.

And just like the argument I was making before while a AVERAGE man can't be held down by a AVERAGE women it IS still possible and CAN happen depending on other circumstances. The same applies to this, if a women has prior experience in sports, martial arts, fire-arm usage, being a team leader, analytical skills, strength of mind or any other skill that may put them above other candiates they obviously would be the better choice over a man without any added traits besides strength. And vice versa to men, if a man is more suited to the job and has experience and skills that are valued they should be picked over a women.

It's pretty fucking crazy this common sense has become such a foreign conept but whoever is best for the job, gets the job. Gender means jack shit, all that matters is can you do it or not. People shouldn't be hired for a role just because they're a chick, that borders on the tip of insanity.
Jan 27, 2020 4:14 PM

Jul 2016
Its called hypocrisy its fiction for F sake. Dont watch it you are a snowflake dumb weeb

Jan 27, 2020 6:07 PM

Dec 2016
Cneq said:

So, first you say that men can't be raped

Cneq said:
You obviously missed the point I was making so I'll spell it out for you. *Men* can't be raped by women. I'd say 100% of the time a man of average physical strength, without any outside influences [drugs, held at gun/knife point, threats] CANNOT be raped by a women of average physical strength.

Them, when poited out that it happens some times, you change it to, basically, "A man that is as strong as the avarage man can't be raped by a woman that is as strong as the avarage woman without the help of guns, chemicals or blackmail" and pretends that this could be clearly understod from the first statement (while on reality there is many ways to read it since there are very little especifications.)

Cneq said:

Then, insted of admiting that your's initial statment was over simplified, you repeat the thing that you said before (That @Sekirodiealotoft literally agreed without even noticing)

and some how extrapolate that "Not all men are strong and not all women are weak" means that the avarage men isn't stronger than the avarage woman?

Dude, you are a fucking idiot.
N04L1TYJan 27, 2020 6:12 PM
heh.
Jan 27, 2020 6:19 PM

Jan 2017
Bob-o-Dominador said:
Cneq said:

So, first you say that men can't be raped

Cneq said:
You obviously missed the point I was making so I'll spell it out for you. *Men* can't be raped by women. I'd say 100% of the time a man of average physical strength, without any outside influences [drugs, held at gun/knife point, threats] CANNOT be raped by a women of average physical strength.

Them, when corrected, you change it to, basically, "A man that is as strong as the avarage man can't be raped by a woman that is as strong as the avarage woman without the help of guns, chemicals or blackmail" and pretends that this could be clearly understod from the first statement (while on reality there is many ways to read it since there are very little especifications.)

Cneq said:

Then, insted of admiting that your's initial statment was over simplified, you repeat the thing that you said before (That @Sekirodiealotoft literally agreed without notice)

and some how extrapolate that "Not all men are strong and not all women are weak" means that the avarage men isn't stronger than the avarage woman?

Dude, you are a fucking idiot.
The intention of my comment was regarding an AVERAGE man and an AVERAGE women. When I'm thinking about a man I'm not thinking about some weak ass pussy who has the mind of a BDSM fetishist, I'm thinking about a man who's physically average and has a healthy psyche. If you have trouble envisioning what a man is that is a problem with you and should've been fixed when I clarified it in my second comment.

""Not all men are strong and not all women are weak" means that the avarage men isn't stronger than the avarage woman?"

What are you even fucking saying mate? lmao An average man is an AVERAGE man and an AVERAGE woman is an AVERAGE woman. However in the case not everyone is the same and some women are strong and some men are weak and vice versa, THEY ARE NO LONGER CONSIDERED AVERAGE LMAO. A man that is weak is NOT AN AVERAGE MAN and a woman who is strong is NOT AN AVERAGE WOMAN, do you have a grade schooler's level of comprehension skills or what? jesus fucking christ you are dense lmao
Jan 27, 2020 6:47 PM

Dec 2016
@Cneq

I will not use quotes because it's way to much work to multi quote, but lets go

"The intention of my comment was regarding an AVERAGE man and an AVERAGE women. When I'm thinking about a man I'm not thinking about some weak ass"

Yes, I know that and I agree with your opinion. But the way you worded it didn't make it clear.

"Men can't be raped by a chick, i'm sorry but it's true."

In that sentence, what does Men mean? Most men, all men? @Sekirodiealotoft gave arguments suposing that you meant the later.

"What are you even fucking saying mate? lmao A average man is an AVERAGE man and an AVERAGE woman is an AVERAGE woman. However in the case not everyone is the same and some women are strong and some men are weak and vice versa, THEY ARE NO LONGER CONSIDERED AVERAGE LMAO. A man that is weak is NOT AN AVERAGE MAN and a woman who is strong is NOT AN AVERAGE WOMAN, do you have a grade schooler's level of comprehension skills or what? jesus fucking christ you are dense lmao"

The phrase is not even mine, I was quoting @Sekirodiealotoft.

Are you sure that I'm the one who is dense?

Anyways, my point is that Sekirodiealotft is agreing with you that mens can be raped in rare ocasions, and he also never denyed that the avarage men is stronger than the avarage woman.

That makes me question: why did you say "'Male feminist book'? That's rich coming from the guy who tries to avoid genetically proven facts such as 'MALES ON AVERAGE ARE STRONGER THAN WOMEN'"?

Could it be that you didn't realize that no one denied that fact?

Quote where @Sekirodiealotoft denyed that males on avarage are stroger than females. I dare you.
N04L1TYJan 27, 2020 6:51 PM
heh.
Jan 27, 2020 7:01 PM

Jan 2017
Bob-o-Dominador said:
@Cneq

I will not use quotes because it's way to much work to multi quote, but lets go

"The intention of my comment was regarding an AVERAGE man and an AVERAGE women. When I'm thinking about a man I'm not thinking about some weak ass"

Yes, I know that and I agree with your opinion. But the way you worded it didn't make it clear.

"Men can't be raped by a chick, i'm sorry but it's true."

In that sentence, what does Men mean? Most men, all men? @Sekirodiealotoft gave arguments suposing that you meant the later.

"What are you even fucking saying mate? lmao A average man is an AVERAGE man and an AVERAGE woman is an AVERAGE woman. However in the case not everyone is the same and some women are strong and some men are weak and vice versa, THEY ARE NO LONGER CONSIDERED AVERAGE LMAO. A man that is weak is NOT AN AVERAGE MAN and a woman who is strong is NOT AN AVERAGE WOMAN, do you have a grade schooler's level of comprehension skills or what? jesus fucking christ you are dense lmao"

The phrase is not even mine, I was quoting @Sekirodiealotoft.

Are you sure that I'm the one who is dense?

Anyways, my point is that Sekirodiealotft is agreing with you that mens can be raped in rare ocasions, and he also never denyed that the avarage men is stronger than the avarage woman.

That makes me question: why did you say "'Male feminist book'? That's rich coming from the guy who tries to avoid genetically proven facts such as 'MALES ON AVERAGE ARE STRONGER THAN WOMEN'"?

Could it be that you didn't realize that no one denied that fact?

Quote where @Sekirodiealotoft denyed that males on avarage are stroger than females. I dare you.
Considering he was arguing with me about shit I already said in my previous comment [which he agreed with such as this:

"Strength doesn't actually play a role since guys can still get drugged and threatened at knife point."

to me saying this before:

"I'd say 100% of the time a man of average physical strength, without any outside influences [drugs, held at gun/knife point, threats] CANNOT be raped by a women of average physical strength."

I assumed he was disagreeing with my point at large, which he continued to respond with shit like this:

"Also that's some nice victim blaming you did just there about not doing anything at nice point. It's amazing what fear does to people in tbaf situation."

"you're reinforcing stereotypes by using that stength BS without considering several other factors."

"By that logic, women can't be raped by men because of the way they dress and they fantasize about it weekly"

"Nigga i read that garbage you spewed and you're still wrong. Most of the crap you spew sounds like a page out of a male feminist book"

If he didn't have a problem with what I was saying I find it hard to believe he would continue to throw accusations out like this if he agreed with me. Although I can't see into the mind of an idiot, if he really did agree with me deep down and didn't have an issue despite arguing over and over again he simply just wasted our time.
Jan 27, 2020 7:05 PM

Mar 2016
There was a scene in Inuyashiki where a dude was (at the very least) absolutely forced to give his upper mob boss a blowjob. It was played off like, this dude is bad as well so he def deserves it!

All it did for me was want to throw up and immediately take a shower. Fucking disgusting. That shit wouldnt fly if it were a woman...and in that anime it fucking didnt bc both rapes occurred.
Jan 27, 2020 7:55 PM

Dec 2016
@Cneq

Your haven't said a world about my acusation of yours first statement being unclear and yours missrepresantation of him, so I will just asume that you migth agree lol

And yeah, I will say he wasn't really helping his point.

Anyway, I'm kind thinking I'm wasting my time over this so, I will just leave it, that was mostly a crap of a exchange.

Wallanimx said:
There was a scene in Inuyashiki where a dude was (at the very least) absolutely forced to give his upper mob boss a blowjob. It was played off like, this dude is bad as well so he def deserves it!

All it did for me was want to throw up and immediately take a shower. Fucking disgusting. That shit wouldnt fly if it were a woman...and in that anime it fucking didnt bc both rapes occurred.

Yikes
N04L1TYJan 27, 2020 8:03 PM
heh.
Jan 27, 2020 8:13 PM

Jan 2019
Wallanimx said:

Really? Man/Woman/Child doesn't matter, that kind of shit flies all the time in anime/manga since it doesn't cater to sensitivity and instead makes content to sell to it's market. From what I can tell you might not be that market.

Think on the bright side, if you keep watching anime you will be a much cleaner person.
Jan 27, 2020 8:15 PM

Mar 2016
DiscoDespot said:
Wallanimx said:

Really? Man/Woman/Child doesn't matter, that kind of shit flies all the time in anime/manga since it doesn't cater to sensitivity and instead makes content to sell to it's market. From what I can tell you might not be that market.

Think on the bright side, if you keep watching anime you will be a much cleaner person.

When I said it wouldnt fly I meant socially. Men are joked at and degraded even further for being raped far more than women. People take it far more seriously when women are raped than men.
Jan 28, 2020 7:31 AM
Jul 2018
Ilogical said:
In danmachi 2 I really felt scared that bell was going to be raped in the persecution of the amazons, and later when the frog captured him. That could count as a male almost rape in no comedy context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBmrPc0mG_E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNtTtdxeRKk

In grisaia no rakuen we see how yuuji takes JB virginity without her explicit consent. that could count as a female rape in a comedy context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoDbpAXIYo8

about the question, I don't mind the rape in a comedy context, I don't care if it's a male or female

Thanks for sharing that clip, I didn't know female rape would be played for comedy too (at least not straight up rape, because many anime have groping played for laughs)...well now I know what anime to stay away from :)
Jan 28, 2020 9:33 AM

May 2018
Not sure about anime but does that not happen in Hentai more?

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Jan 28, 2020 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't watch much nime where a male gets raped but it would bother me as much as a female getting raped.

Also no one laughs at Kaneki for being raped.
Jan 28, 2020 9:57 AM

Jul 2016
NthDegree said:
I feel like people have been discussing this more and more in the West but Japan is quite conservative in regards to gender roles and it doesn't just apply to women. So yeah, it's better to aim for gender-equality on both fronts.

Although it's not about anime, this discussion reminds me of a video I saw lately

Yeah western media in general has this kind of problem too and in that case its even worst than anime since it´s actually sending a harmful message.At least with anime they just laught it off and that´s it but the problem goes much deeper when you look at other media,in this case western.It can actually be really damaging you look at it in terms of how people already view these marginalized individuals and how these examples can further alienate people from them and continue this toxic sense of masculinity that the media seemingly encourages.After all,if the worst humiliation for a man is to be treated like a women,then how do you think a man will treat a woman?
SummerynJan 28, 2020 10:04 AM
Jan 31, 2020 4:29 AM

Aug 2013
Insensitive kids shouldn't watch anime. Everything is allowed in art.
Jan 31, 2020 4:37 AM
Jan 2012
I feel the same as feminist do about reverse.

If girls are cute, then it's not rape.

If it's landwhale ugly baba, then it's rape.

Easy.

As an disgusting thing deemed by moderation team, I am now purged from this place.
Feb 2, 2020 1:18 PM

Dec 2016

Those clips are most likely from ecchi or harem anime, the ecchi and harem genres focuse mostly in fulfilling male sexual fantasies and fetiches through fanservise so I don't think the intention behind the scenes featuring girls as the rapists is to make fun of male rape, the intention behind that is just to fulfil one of the fetiches of their target audience in order to get a higher profit.
The only clip in which you could say that male rape is being played for laugh is the one that features a bunch of guys chasing another guy, but that one also seems to be from a ecchi or harem anime.

Ecchi and harem are not serious genres and most of them don't feature complicated topics in a serious way because that is not the reason why their audience watch them, I remember that a few years ago I watched two or three episodes of an anime about a boy who was fat when he was a child and got skinny after being rejected by the girl he liked because she called him "pig" or something like that. The show made a lot of jokes about the boy counting the calories of the food before eating it and the boy being afraid of getting fat again to the point that they made him look like he was anorexic but the audience of that show didn't seem to pay attention to that because in the end it wasn't mean to be taken seriously or become a plotline.

On the other hand, If you want to see shows in which male rape or any other serious topic are taken seriously you should watch shows of genres that are not focused on satisfying fetiches or aren't mainly comedy.
GinozaFeb 2, 2020 1:28 PM
Feb 2, 2020 1:20 PM
Apr 2016
KamisamaHatatan said:
Insensitive kids shouldn't watch anime. Everything is allowed in art.

Anything which has no deeper meaning and simply panders to groups, or caters to certain deviants, is not art and is now allowed to be called art. This generalization of yours is unhealthy.
Re:formed
Feb 2, 2020 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
Ginoza said:
Ecchi and harem are not serious genres and most of them don't feature complicated topics in a serious way because that is not the reason why their audience watch them, I remember that a few years ago I watched two or three episodes of an anime about a boy who was fat when he was a child and got skinny after being rejected by the girl he liked because she called him "pig" or something like that. The show made a lot of jokes about the boy counting the calories of the food before eating it and the boy being afraid of getting fat again to the point that they made him look like he was anorexic but the audience of that show didn't seem to pay attention to that because in the end it wasn't mean to be taken seriously or become a plotline.
I believe I know the show you are talking about:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33487/Masamune-kun_no_Revenge

The boy isn't that much skinnier than most guys in anime, he didn't seem to have that fear from what I remember, and the calorie thing you are referring to had to do with the main girl who could eat a large portion and stay the same size(which is a common joke even in less comedic driven affairs like Akama ga Kill).
removed-userFeb 2, 2020 2:04 PM
Feb 2, 2020 3:00 PM

Mar 2019
Telling a lot of guys to worry about men getting raped by girls is like telling a person dying of thirst in the desert to worry about drowning.

That's why a lot of guys don't take it seriously.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2020 3:40 PM
Apr 2016
ObitoUchiha1488 said:
Depends on the context, I don't really care about jokes made in anime when I'm pretty sure there's places in the world where it's actually not legally possible for a woman to rape a man though.

Mentally it is possible. Physically? Nature prevents that, for the better or the worse. First and foremost reason why this is mostly played by laughs - in reality it would be... not a real threat.
Re:formed
Feb 2, 2020 10:00 PM

Dec 2016
Peaceful_Critic said:

The boy isn't that much skinnier than most guys in anime, he didn't seem to have that fear from what I remember, and the calorie thing you are referring to had to do with the main girl who could eat a large portion and stay the same size(which is a common joke even in less comedic driven affairs like Akama ga Kill).

I wasn't talking about his appearance, I was just referring to the way in which he behaves. I remember some scenes in which he was talking about how his lunch had the perfect amount of calories or something like that and other in which the main girl or the mom gave him snack or something fried and he was thinking about how much exercise he will have to do to lose the calories that it had or something like that. My point was that even if that character showed behaviours that you could observe in an anorexic person in real life, you can't expect an ecchi/harem/comedy anime to deal or introduce heavy topics like rape, eating disorders and etc in a serious way because that is not the main focus of those genres so getting offended because one of those topics, in this case male rape, is potrayed in a comical way seems pointless to me.

Feb 2, 2020 10:16 PM
Jul 2018
A majority of MAL users are right-wing extremists who loathe the idea of their beloved media being considered "offensive," or being connected to anything political or SJW related, because they're mostly straight white males; meaning they either haven't, or almost never have, been on the receiving end when it comes to distasteful portrayal of them in media. So basically, I'm guessing most people on MAL don't care about rape being played for laughs in anime.

My opinion on the topic? It's distasteful. It doesn't take much for a woman to sexually assault a man: just drug him, tie him up, then sexually touch him. Now, as for rape; as in, intercourse without consent, yes, it can happen. Because men can be erect without feeling aroused. In fact, according to the article, there is even something called a, "reflexive erection," in which a man can be erect when afraid.

Ryuk9428 said:
Telling a lot of guys to worry about men getting raped by girls is like telling a person dying of thirst in the desert to worry about drowning.

That's why a lot of guys don't take it seriously.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2018/07/25/prison-rape-allegations-are-on-the-rise

Feb 3, 2020 3:21 AM

Feb 2020
shirakawa_megumi said:
I feel the same as feminist do about reverse.

If girls are cute, then it's not rape.

If it's landwhale ugly baba, then it's rape.

Easy.

-the dreaded 30 char limit strikes again-
Feb 3, 2020 3:31 AM

Dec 2016
A male attempting to rape me in real life will result in homicide for one of us then or later. It is more trouble than it is worth really.

Other than that it is only rape if she is ugly or not a monster girl. I just didn't know I wanted it right then is all.
Feb 3, 2020 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
Ginoza said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

I wasn't talking about his appearance, I was just referring to the way in which he behaves. I remember some scenes in which he was talking about how his lunch had the perfect amount of calories or something like that and other in which the main girl or the mom gave him snack or something fried and he was thinking about how much exercise he will have to do to lose the calories that it had or something like that. My point was that even if that character showed behaviours that you could observe in an anorexic person in real life, you can't expect an ecchi/harem/comedy anime to deal or introduce heavy topics like rape, eating disorders and etc in a serious way because that is not the main focus of those genres so getting offended because one of those topics, in this case male rape, is potrayed in a comical way seems pointless to me.

Being self-conscious about calories isn't the same as fasting or progressively eating less. Those aren't anorexic behaviors as much as typical diet behaviors that people use to stay at the healthy range they want. Do anorexic people use it? Probably, but so does anyone trying really hard to lose or maintain their weight.

As for your main point, I agree. I just don't agree with the example you used.
removed-userFeb 3, 2020 1:46 PM
Feb 3, 2020 1:44 PM

Aug 2019
I hate it when it’s in yaois. Not even just yaois like don’t fucking normalise those kinds of things. They make it seem sexy but if it was a girl people would find it gross. I have no idea why people enjoy this kind of thing. You’re teaching the viewers that this is ok
Feb 3, 2020 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
I haven't seen a male rape scene in anime (maybe I just haven't seen that much anime), but I agree that the double standard is stupid
Feb 4, 2020 12:52 AM

Jan 2020
This issue is real and it's not only in anime (in fact, I've never seen this in any anime but maybe I don't watch enough anime to talk)

But in movies though, there are a lot of male rape scenes (like prison scenes) that are played for laughs

And when you think about it, it's kinda creepy
My youtube channel about music and anime :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_rrNoYApg1VQ-PIT7jZ37Q
Feb 4, 2020 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
fuckgendo said:
I hate it when it’s in yaois. Not even just yaois like don’t fucking normalise those kinds of things. They make it seem sexy but if it was a girl people would find it gross.
Isn't female rape being sexualized and joked about also common? I mean when you said that the first thing that came to my mind right away was SAO and how unwanted grouping is used in stuff like Love Live.

You’re teaching the viewers that this is ok.

I would agree if it was in a children's cartoon, as a lot of kids tend to just blindly repeat jokes, but adults and teens already know its wrong by that point.
Feb 4, 2020 8:43 AM

Aug 2019
Peaceful_Critic said:
fuckgendo said:
I hate it when it’s in yaois. Not even just yaois like don’t fucking normalise those kinds of things. They make it seem sexy but if it was a girl people would find it gross.
Isn't female rape being sexualized and joked about also common? I mean when you said that the first thing that came to my mind right away was SAO and how unwanted grouping is used in stuff like Love Live.

You’re teaching the viewers that this is ok.

I would agree if it was in a children's cartoon, as a lot of kids tend to just blindly repeat jokes, but adults and teens already know its wrong by that point.

I mean both is obviously equally as bad as each other. But I think in terms of Japanese media compared to western media, men being sexually assaulted is treated more of a joke than anything. The whole groping women thing is used in media outside of non anime as well, obviously still gross. From what I can tell in anime, females being assaulted is taken far more serious than male assault, but even so take sao and it does NOT do a good representation
Feb 4, 2020 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
fuckgendo said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

I mean both is obviously equally as bad as each other. But I think in terms of Japanese media compared to western media, men being sexually assaulted is treated more of a joke than anything. The whole groping women thing is used in media outside of non anime as well, obviously still gross. From what I can tell in anime, females being assaulted is taken far more serious than male assault, but even so take sao and it does NOT do a good representation
To be honest, I don't see it often enough to know if it is usually played for a joke or not. The only example I can think of is Black Butler and in that case, it was taken very seriously. Oh, and gokudolls which joked about it.

I mean in SAO the viewers are supposed to be into it as well. Otherwise, what would be the point of having it shot in a way where each part of Asuna's body is slowly wrapped around tentacles? Shows that negatively portray it tend to not even have any of the rape/sexual assault shown and more implied or stopping it from progressing to that point at all in most cases(i.e Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens, Kiss Him Not Me, Kaichou wa Maid-sama!, Oran Highschool HostClub).
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

50 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
11 minutes ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - 1 hour ago

9 by LenRea »»
13 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 57 minutes ago

2 by billybub »»
18 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

63 by WatchTillTandava »»
21 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 9 hours ago

21 by DarkShame2 »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.