Forum Settings
Forums

Second Cours of 'Honzuki no Gekokujou' Airs in Spring 2020

New
Dec 6, 2019 8:30 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen (Ascendance of a Bookworm) anime series announced on Friday that its second half will premiere in Spring 2020. A teaser visual (pictured) for the second half was also revealed.

The website also announced that episodes 13 and 14, the last two episodes of the first half, will air back-to-back on December 26 at 12:30 a.m. on WOWOW, followed by ABC TV, AT-X, Tokyo MX, and BS Fuji.

Honzuki no Gekokujou adapts Miya Kazuki's fantasy slice of life light novel series, which began airing on October 3. Crunchyroll is simulcasting the anime with subtitles and began streaming an English dub on Wednesday.

Mitsuru Hongou (World Trigger) is directing the television anime at Ajia-Do, with Yoshiki Kawasaki (Shuumatsu no Izetta episode director) as the assistant director. Mariko Kunisawa (Shinryaku! Ika Musume script) is handling the series composition. Yoshiaki Yanagida (Genshiken 2) and Toshihisa Kaiya (Robotics;Notes animation director) are designing the characters.

Kazuki began writing the novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in September 2013 and ended the series in March 2017. TO Books published the first volume with illustrations by You Shiina (Sakurada Reset) in January 2015. The 20th volume shipped with the anime's first episode ahead of the television broadcast on September 10. Honzuki no Gekokujou has a cumulative 2 million copies of its volumes in print.

Source: animate Times

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season on MAL
VindstotJul 12, 2020 2:20 PM

Dec 6, 2019 9:02 PM

Aug 2018
What a great news, this now called first season is honestly very good !
Dec 6, 2019 9:08 PM

Feb 2019
Awesome! I was really hoping for a season 2 because with the few episodes left I didn't think there would've been much time for us to see more of the story and more of this wonderful world. Can't wait!
Dec 6, 2019 9:42 PM
Dec 2017
Wow,I'm really glad that one of my fav this season is getting a 2nd season. This show getting a 2nd season is really unexpected
Dec 6, 2019 10:03 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Unexpected but all the more pleasing hence!

I know that the original source material is a blockbuster hit as a matter of fact but I still didn’t think we’d get a season two.

Man, I’m looking forward to more of this! We’re slowly into getting into the mystery of the suspicious disease and I’m sure we’ll finish off on a cliffhanger with the 14th episode so knowing that there’s more awaiting for Spring is a big plus!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 6, 2019 11:06 PM

Feb 2013
_MushiRock11_ said:

I know that the original source material is a blockbuster hit as a matter of fact but I still didn’t think we’d get a season two.

Man, I’m looking forward to more of this! We’re slowly into getting into the mystery of the suspicious disease and I’m sure we’ll finish off on a cliffhanger with the 14th episode so knowing that there’s more awaiting for Spring is a big plus!
_MushiRock11_ said:

Uh no, it's not a blockbuster hit at all. It doesn't even appear on the top 10 best-selling LN of the year. It sells well but not that big.
Dec 6, 2019 11:56 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Nemesis16 said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

Uh no, it's not a blockbuster hit at all. It doesn't even appear on the top 10 best-selling LN of the year. It sells well but not that big.

That’s because it’s NOT a light novel but a book. Click on “book” to be redirected to Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi 2020 Rankings post here on MAL and scroll down to Series of the Decade as well to see its huge influence.

Edit: "It" as in the Original Source.
_MushiRock11_Dec 7, 2019 12:04 AM

Dec 7, 2019 1:22 AM

Jun 2019
Awesome. This has been my favorite for this season so far so i am soooo glad to hear that another season is already confirmed.
Dec 7, 2019 3:30 AM

Apr 2018
A second season coming this soon! Very epic!!!
Dec 7, 2019 4:15 AM

Dec 2018
good news for a very underrated and stigmatized anime because of a genre that was incorrectly treated, in addition to those people who believe themselves to be eminences in the world of criticism

FOR EXAMPLE
https://twitter.com/B0bduh
Dec 7, 2019 4:59 AM

May 2017
OMG BIG YESSSSHHHH
Dec 7, 2019 8:14 PM

Jan 2016
Yea, with that pace, 2nd season is a perfect decision.
Dec 7, 2019 10:34 PM

Feb 2013
_MushiRock11_ said:
Nemesis16 said:

That’s because it’s NOT a light novel but a book. Click on “book” to be redirected to Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi 2020 Rankings post here on MAL and scroll down to Series of the Decade as well to see its huge influence.

Edit: "It" as in the Original Source.

Yeah, the series that isn't a light novel but is on the Kono LIGHT NOVEL ga Sugoi rankings. And the same series that appeared many times on the same places of other light novels in oricon rankings in the past. lol Like, look at the same ranking where it is, with Mushoku Tensei and Slime on it which are also LN.

Here in MAL it's calling it light novel and book for some reason but in the original it's bunkobon and tankobon, which bookworm is the second. Hell, in mal itself they correctly put Bookworm as a light novel in the anime source

https://myanimelist.net/anime/39468/Honzuki_no_Gekokujou__Shisho_ni_Naru_Tame_ni_wa_Shudan_wo_Erandeiraremasen

And not only that but Bookworm is from a light novel imprint from TO Books.

Also, you're talking about influence but a hit blockbuster that you talked about is about money, which bookworm never did as it sells about 15k per volume compared to actual hits that do over 50k on that market. Not only that but a ranking from the top 10 in the decade isn't about influence, it's about popularity from fans and from the jury voting.
Dec 7, 2019 11:15 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Nemesis16 said:
Yeah, the series that isn't a light novel but is on the Kono LIGHT NOVEL ga Sugoi rankings. And the same series that appeared many times on the same places of other light novels in oricon rankings in the past. lol Like, look at the same ranking where it is, with Mushoku Tensei and Slime on it which are also LN.

Here in MAL it's calling it light novel and book for some reason but in the original it's bunkobon and tankobon, which bookworm is the second. Hell, in mal itself they correctly put Bookworm as a light novel in the anime source

https://myanimelist.net/anime/39468/Honzuki_no_Gekokujou__Shisho_ni_Naru_Tame_ni_wa_Shudan_wo_Erandeiraremasen

And not only that but Bookworm is from a light novel imprint from TO Books.

Also, you're talking about influence but a hit blockbuster that you talked about is about money, which bookworm never did as it sells about 15k per volume compared to actual hits that do over 50k on that market. Not only that but a ranking from the top 10 in the decade isn't about influence, it's about popularity from fans and from the jury voting.

Ah okay, that makes sense. I can’t comment on the money that this series pools in but it’s incredibly popular among fans and jury considering this beat even the likes of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei which was rocking a couple years back or so along with Overlord and co. Moreover, topping last years’ Tankobon list too. This is pretty much what I meant by influence - Popularity.

Dec 9, 2019 1:35 AM
May 2019
I am so excited for the second cour 😍❤️
And this anime is really awesome and every episode made me laugh, and surprised especially episode 10 😱
Thank you so much 🌸
Dec 9, 2019 9:23 AM

Mar 2014
That's some great news!
Dec 9, 2019 9:24 AM

Dec 2015
Nice! This is one of very few isekai that I have thoroughly enjoyed.
Feb 25, 2020 7:04 PM
Jun 2014
This was probably on of the best Isekai I have seen in a while, maybe even one of the top anime of all time. I can hardly wait for a second season. I'm so excited!!

More topics from this board

» J.C.Staff Produces 'Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: EZY' Anime for 2026

Vindstot - Yesterday

24 by Yorusigh »»
2 hours ago

» Novel 'Ganbatte Ikimasshoi' Gets Anime Movie

DatRandomDude - Mar 21

6 by Tacsk0 »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Kaoru Hana wa Rin to Saku' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Sep 15

36 by GoldenDevilGamer »»
5 hours ago

» Board Game 'Murder Mystery of the Dead' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Today

6 by CocoaGalaxy »»
5 hours ago

» 'Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san' 2nd Season in Production

Vindstot - Sep 18

26 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.