Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2019 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that certainly wasn't a pleasant reunion for Ash and Matoi. And the fact that Matoi gets taken makes it even worse.

It looks like Ash fought against a pretty savage fighter this episode. What a cliffhanger.
Nov 11, 2019 5:57 AM

Nov 2007
So the weapon and the girl are the keys to open up that seal. And that guy pairing up w. Hanazawa-san's character was encouraged by Sakurai-san's character to get them (he somehow has the red eyes). HiroC's character finally got chance to interact to other characters.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 11, 2019 7:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Gettemhult became Dark Falz Elder, that's crazy.
The scene at the end was really beautiful, animation looked outstanding.
Nov 11, 2019 7:13 AM
Sep 2015
I am actually impressed by CGI in the last scene
And my ship Gettemhult/Zeno just sunk.
Nov 11, 2019 7:20 AM

Nov 2009
The CG scene at the end was pretty much taken straight from the game, just with a filter to match the aesthetic of the anime. xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGIcd8I-imU#t=27m48s
(at 27:48 if the timestamp doesn't work)
Nov 11, 2019 7:31 AM
Mar 2016
Villain in anime version is really active compare to game counterpart. Damn my hate to this power hungry bastard just resurface once again after all this years with all the brutallity in this episode.

and what with that Game CG cutscene at the end lol I know it freaking cool the first time I see it in game well If they save the budget for next episode then it should be all good I guess.

Next Episode is obviously battle against Dark Falz Elder so let see how ARKS will handle this threat.
mickbisNov 11, 2019 7:47 AM
Nov 11, 2019 7:44 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like Getehrmheard or however it's written went insane.
And a huge monster appeared in his place, guess this is the main thing the story is about.
now the question is how will they deal with it.
Nov 11, 2019 7:48 AM

Jul 2017
that space scene with the rock monster thing looked so fucking bad ass, if only the animation was like that for the entire show smh
Nov 11, 2019 7:50 AM
Mar 2016
Aversa said:
Looks like Getehrmheard or however it's written went insane.
And a huge monster appeared in his place, guess this is the main thing the story is about.
now the question is how will they deal with it.

He got possessed by a Dark Falz that sealed inside that place and become its host.
The monster you see is a Dark Falz [Elder] true form.
Nov 11, 2019 7:55 AM

Mar 2019
I hope Seana won't die I really like her
That CGI in the end was astonishing it almost looked real
Nov 11, 2019 7:59 AM
Sep 2018
That CG was from 7 years ago and I still get amazed when I see it :D especially when EQ UH Elder is coming later in the game
ElijahLNov 11, 2019 8:29 AM
Nov 11, 2019 8:10 AM

Feb 2010
Damn... Girls in this anime are dying almost every episode. How am I supposed choose my waifu if she may die at any moment...?
Nov 11, 2019 11:07 AM

May 2018
uh oh it looks like Gettemhult has turned to the dark side he's now Dark falz Elder, now that humongous rock thing has appear from the planet , can we say that Zeno and that guy with the funny hat Casra were dead????
Nov 11, 2019 12:23 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Though brief the attack sure cost the ships crew dearly. So Getty did indeed get overtaken by his rage then. His desire to release the one creature that the six weren't able to defeat and defeat it himself shows just how arrogant the guy is. Well in the end he got what he desired in ultimate power though not in the way that he expected. Looks like this battle is going to get much bigger and much more interesting as well. Overall an interesting ep that while showing how arrogant Gettemhult actually was also showed how this arrogance was taken advantage off perfectly by the dark Faltz. From the looks of things the puppet master is definitely someone high within Arks and higher than even the six elites. The scenes that showed the Faltz construct break out of the planet though were pretty impressive in animation quality.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2019 1:57 PM
Sep 2019
Janko said:
Damn... Girls in this anime are dying almost every episode. How am I supposed choose my waifu if she may die at any moment...?

Can’t say whether or not that girl is really waifu material. She’s got no backbone or will or her own and just blindly going along with what’s she’s told.
Nov 12, 2019 5:27 AM

Feb 2019
Damn, that was brutal. Did Gettemhult get possessed? Did he kill Seana? It seems she might survive. For some reason, I started liking Seana this episode. Those two flashbacks that we saw of her and Gettemhult, I wish we could see more. I want to know more about what happened between those two. It was so shocking and painful to see Gettemhult try and kill Seana. It would've been more impactful if we had known more about them though.

So are Zeno and Casra dead? Echo screaming for Zeno at the end was heartbreaking... (Echo is my favourite girl in this series).
Nov 12, 2019 6:46 AM

Nov 2009
Phobez said:
Damn, that was brutal. Did Gettemhult get possessed?

Yes, Dark Falz Elder took over his body.

Phobez said:
It would've been more impactful if we had known more about them though.

Not just their past, but the whole "10 years ago" event that has been mentioned a few times in previous episodes will be revealed eventually (it's a really important event, but because of several reasons it can't be revealed yet). ^^;
Nov 12, 2019 8:20 AM

Feb 2019
ezodagrom said:
Not just their past, but the whole "10 years ago" event that has been mentioned a few times in previous episodes will be revealed eventually (it's a really important event, but because of several reasons it can't be revealed yet). ^^;

I see, I assume you've played the game then?
Nov 12, 2019 12:12 PM

Nov 2009
Phobez said:
I see, I assume you've played the game then?

Yep (and I still play it occasionally), though, the anime has been handling alot of things differently than the game, some stuff that has been shown in the anime so far was only vaguely hinted in the game, and some things have been taking place in a different order in the anime (other than a few exceptions, the changes the anime made to the story have been mostly for the better).
Nov 12, 2019 2:41 PM
Oct 2018
Holy shit, that was pretty sick for an anime CGI. Compared to arifureta CGI... No, don't compare it LOL.
Nov 12, 2019 10:26 PM
Apr 2012
Whoa this episode was pretty great. Still crazy that this anime is rated so low.

I'm alittle confused why Gettemhult overpowered a council of 6 ,but other than that. Was kinda fantastic, Kinda look forward to this anime every week, they CGI was pretty great. Like Akira esque.

The animation quality in general is fantastic, the facial expressions are astounding, like MC looking like he just saw the scariest thing in his life. Which he probably did. Anyways this show is pretty good.
Nov 12, 2019 10:29 PM

Feb 2014
This show is killing people like breakfast. A new menu every week.

ezodagrom said:
The CG scene at the end was pretty much taken straight from the game, just with a filter to match the aesthetic of the anime. xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGIcd8I-imU#t=27m48s
(at 27:48 if the timestamp doesn't work)

No wonder it was breathtaking.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 13, 2019 1:35 AM

Nov 2009
Heartyace said:
I'm alittle confused why Gettemhult overpowered a council of 6 ,but other than that.

Despite being in the council of six, Casra's specialty is dealing with information, so he's not as strong as the others, but I'm assuming that the influence Dark Falz was having on Gettemhult (red eyes) may have been making him alot stronger than normal.

Heartyace said:
Still crazy that this anime is rated so low.

Some people are impatient and want the answers about what is going on right away. xd
Though, the show does have alot of characters, which makes it harder for newcomers to get invested in them (especially with some characters, especially anime only characters, being introduced only to get killed), and the animation quality can be rather rough (though it's still watchable).
ezodagromNov 13, 2019 2:06 AM
Nov 13, 2019 4:38 AM
Mar 2016
Some watcher think the plot is hard to understand and all over the place while some said the plot is too predictable and didnt make sense.

But this is actually in the very introduction part of PSO2 story that heavily focus on mysteries and characters introduction with all the hint and foreshadowing bring drop every episode so some people could slowly connect the whole picture.

The major problem is they didn't have much time for massive characters interaction (despite several characters didn't made it to anime).
Nov 14, 2019 5:43 PM
Apr 2017
... well, then. Due to some things behind the scenes, Muse Asia is forced to use the Falspawn stuff. IDK who to blame, but I'll keep making at least one line with Darker / PSO2 Fan translation and one with Falspawn / Funimation translation.

This episode seems to be a bit light on Darkers, IMO. Though it didn't stop it from being a good episode. Sina and Gettemhart, though... I pity them.

Can't wait for the next episode. Damn you, Gettemhult, for causing this Falspawn invasion...!
Nov 16, 2019 4:08 PM

Sep 2011
This series is a cliche checklist. The foreshadowing is so thick it is almost like they are treating the viewer as an idiot. Matoi is a walking damsel in distress, and that is giving her too much credit. The antagonist protagonists are written so obviously evil that it comes as no surprise that they turn for whatever reason, and their loss has absolutely no impact since they are impossible to like.

This episode has just brought everything to a head. As a relatively large scale anime consumer I feel insulted by what this series is presenting to me. I'm just hoping we are beyond the bullshit now that there is a clear target.
Nov 18, 2019 3:28 AM

Oct 2017
Well I wonder if Seana and Ulku really died, hope they r alive. With Dark Falz already revived I wonder how things will go from here.
Aug 24, 2020 8:15 AM

Jul 2015
The cg scene at the end was pretty dope even though (reading from other comments) it's straightly taken from the game. Don't think Saena died there, but still sad that she got impaled by a possesed Gettemhult after standing by his side even when he did bad things.

Dec 28, 2020 6:28 PM

Dec 2017
that cgi was made in 2012? damn

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2019

15 by Mega_Battle_Zero »»
May 27, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

56 by nandao »»
Dec 17, 2021 2:06 PM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2020

30 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 5, 2021 10:27 PM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2020

10 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 5, 2021 9:41 PM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2020

18 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 5, 2021 9:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.