Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 19, 2019 6:22 PM

Apr 2017
the overhaul intro was insane. the magne death hurt almost as much as it did in the manga but they pulled it off really well.

it was so good to see the big three again! ngl i was so happy to see them.

THEY DID IT. THE MADLADS DID IT. THEY DID THE ALL MIGHT FACE.
Oct 19, 2019 6:56 PM
Jun 2017
deg said:
Magnetism guy/gay though

Girl, she was confirmed as a woman by Horikoshi
Oct 19, 2019 6:59 PM

Oct 2019
Wow, this episode was an amazing introduction for Overhaul, I haven't read the manga, but I'm already hyped, also, LOL at Deku doing the All Might face and Bakugo being annoyed by everything Todoroki said
Oct 19, 2019 7:05 PM

Sep 2013
Overhaul's voice actor is really good, and so was his soundtrack. I wonder how many episodes it'll be until things start going down this season.
Oct 19, 2019 7:51 PM

Sep 2018
I like the character design of Overhaul! He looks so cool..
Sidekick of All Might looks too serious but love comedy lol
Oct 19, 2019 8:17 PM

Jun 2013
That meeting between Shigaraki's group and Overhaul was the best part of this episode. Of course, seeing Sir Nighteye was a pleasure too.

Loved seeing Toga angry and wanting to cut them up after Overhaul destroyed Magne.
臭い-
Oct 19, 2019 8:44 PM

Oct 2015
I doubt NightEye would laugh at anything, I'm really curios to how Midoriya will convince him to take him.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 19, 2019 9:07 PM
Aug 2017
Yautja said:
Man, Overhaul just makes me remember just how shit a villain Tomura is. It's fucking hilarious how pretty much every villain introduced immediately has more potential than Tomura, and is immediately more interesting and better written.

BnHA continues to impress and be interesting in everyway, except for Tomura.
I mean, that's kinda the point though. Tomura has always been written as a bad villain, but that has been on purpose. He is a mirror for Deku, being a horrible villain that gets better and better the longer he is at it. He learns and grows from each of the "better" villains that he interacts with and is slowly becoming a better villain himself.
Oct 19, 2019 10:29 PM

Oct 2017
In a brief moment there was some amazing character development for Deku. He realized he doesn't just want to be a smiling hero, but something more. Really loved this episode!!
Hey there! If you'd like to talk about anime or anything else feel free to drop a comment on my page or DM me. I'd be glad to have a conversation and make some new friends :)
My list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Amazinc?status=7&order=4&order2=0

Oct 19, 2019 10:52 PM

May 2018
Holy shit Overhaul. It's just episode 2 and I haven't been so much hype on a villain this much. Good start to a season. Looks like villain is having a civil war. Can someone tell me how does Overhaul power work?
Papa_ScorchOct 19, 2019 10:57 PM
Oct 19, 2019 11:48 PM
Mar 2018
finally the villains kill ppl wow
Oct 19, 2019 11:52 PM
Mar 2018
Gorochu said:
Holy shit Overhaul. It's just episode 2 and I haven't been so much hype on a villain this much. Good start to a season. Looks like villain is having a civil war. Can someone tell me how does Overhaul power work?

from what i read online, he can dissassemble things he touches, like your upper body
Oct 19, 2019 11:55 PM

Oct 2008
Sir Nighteye VA is Miki Shinichiro!? that's beyond perfect!
5/5.

wow i almost forgot! we got some casualties from both sides of villains! this is gonna be chaos!

Oct 20, 2019 3:00 AM

May 2018
Good episode. So Tomura's organization has been defeated by Overhaul's organization, that was a nice scene. Sir Nighteye here was a funny one, especially his punishment for Bubble Girl.

Oct 20, 2019 3:24 AM
May 2013
i'm not sure what was more disturbing, overhaul's quirk or sir nighthawk tickle torturing bubble girl.
Oct 20, 2019 3:49 AM

Mar 2014
Gah that last scene was Plus Ultra cringe Dx
Oct 20, 2019 4:14 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty funny end of episode xD
Oct 20, 2019 5:24 AM
Jul 2014
Meew2 said:
Devil_Food said:

Next time proofread your post before entering into the thread that way you can save us the pain of reading through your own stupidity.

D'aw he's upset i made fun of his favorite cartoon.

Me pointing out how stupid you are is the equivalent to me being upset? That's a new one. I mean I was just giving you advice to take to heart not like anyone took what you said seriously.
Oct 20, 2019 5:30 AM
Jul 2014
Meew2 said:
amperevenon said:

McGuffins are not inherently bad. It all boils down to intent and execution as do all writing. Keep watching you will see the intent. This is the best arc in the series.

"Mcguffins are not inherently bad", they're just inheritably predictable, insufferable and overdone. A character should not be subject to be being a plot device. That's just bad writing, so yes, it's bad.
I don't have to keep watching to know what a Mcguffin is because it's a plot device, therefore I already know where it's going!
This series has stagnated so much so that it literally can't seem to move, so much so, it's now creating a plot device within a plot device - Deku is the original Mcguffin.
To start the show off is fine, but it's had so much time. It's regressing into what it originated from, using the same mental gymnastics on the viewer. Not really something I can respect from a writing perspective. The writing in this show abhorrent, a facade of a cliffhanger, giving the viewer a 'need-to-know basis' weekly fix. Well I simply don't care to know anymore because it's so godddamn predictable.
If this is "the best arc in the series", then I can't wait to be disappointed. Thanks for giving me a heads-up on that.

That was a whole lotta nothing.
Oct 20, 2019 6:42 AM

Dec 2014
I liked the first Episode better and that was filler.

Overhauls introduction in the manga was way better, I hope this doesn't effect the rest of the series, I'm already on edge with BNHA since it became so boring and mundane (Anime only)
Oct 20, 2019 7:43 AM

Jun 2016
Well someone doesn't seem to understand that imitation is the highest form of flattering.
Oct 20, 2019 8:57 AM

Oct 2017
So we've got two villains who are trying to become no.1 villain(Shigaraki/Chisaki)
And two heroes trying to become no.1 (Deku/Bakugo)

Overal I think it was a good episode.
I also don't like nighteye he's weird

Oct 20, 2019 9:11 AM

Mar 2016
Devil_Food said:
Meew2 said:

"Mcguffins are not inherently bad", they're just inheritably predictable, insufferable and overdone. A character should not be subject to be being a plot device. That's just bad writing, so yes, it's bad.
I don't have to keep watching to know what a Mcguffin is because it's a plot device, therefore I already know where it's going!
This series has stagnated so much so that it literally can't seem to move, so much so, it's now creating a plot device within a plot device - Deku is the original Mcguffin.
To start the show off is fine, but it's had so much time. It's regressing into what it originated from, using the same mental gymnastics on the viewer. Not really something I can respect from a writing perspective. The writing in this show abhorrent, a facade of a cliffhanger, giving the viewer a 'need-to-know basis' weekly fix. Well I simply don't care to know anymore because it's so godddamn predictable.
If this is "the best arc in the series", then I can't wait to be disappointed. Thanks for giving me a heads-up on that.

A mcguffin is a plot device used to progress the plot that has very little importance to said plot to advance it for silly reasons. Notice how I said 'probably', based off of what the ED looks like.
In retrospect, it could be a faulty generalization to presume a mcguffin, that's why I'm assuming, not confirming.
If you can't handle critique of a show you like then don't bother commenting about it by leaving ad hominems / argumentum ad ignorantiam. All mcguffins lead to predictable static plot-lines.
Do you have a problem reading English or what?
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 20, 2019 9:19 AM

Aug 2018
Super Cool episode
overhaul the boy can kill
Oct 20, 2019 9:26 AM

Feb 2015
darkstom248 said:
Yautja said:
Man, Overhaul just makes me remember just how shit a villain Tomura is. It's fucking hilarious how pretty much every villain introduced immediately has more potential than Tomura, and is immediately more interesting and better written.

I mean, that's kinda the point though. Tomura has always been written as a bad villain, but that has been on purpose. He is a mirror for Deku, being a horrible villain that gets better and better the longer he is at it. He learns and grows from each of the "better" villains that he interacts with and is slowly becoming a better villain himself.

No, I mean a horrible character. As in, BnHA would be better off without him, something clearly not the point. And he really doesn't, he's literally just the personification of edginess, has effectively zero compelling backstory or motivation, and behaves like a fanfic villain. Every villain that's been introduced has been more interesting, better written and actually has a goal; they've all been relatable, or human. I maintain that Tomura is just a bad imitation of the Dark Knight's Joker.
Oct 20, 2019 9:35 AM
Feb 2017
theDEMYSTIFier said:
Overhaul clearly have some "Killmonger" vibes.

Hopefully this guy is actually a good villain though...
Oct 20, 2019 9:50 AM

Mar 2017
That last scene. I bursted into laughter
Oct 20, 2019 10:02 AM

Aug 2018
James-LastOmnic said:
Old_School_Akira said:

Magne is a female. A trans female. So *Her* not him

Okay thank you, clarifying some things in my head, though it never has been mentionned in the anime If I remember correctly or my subs are just bas as shit.

amperevenon said:

Stakes have always existed. You just think death is the only form stakes can take. You are an armchair critic. Most stakes have been personal rather than planet busting stakes. It worked for it. I can elaborate further if you desire.

Shiggy is suppose to be incompetent. That is the point. He must become the world's greatest villain. Overhaul is the better version he must absorb and surpass.

Invoking emotion in the audience was definitely a reason. The guy in the story was briefly shown meeting with Magne. In that sense it was less out of no where. It served a second purpose. To establish why she joined the league which links her to toga and Shigi via the certain arc in the manga (manga readers know the arc). The reason will show the sympathy the most of the LoV have for each other and the become almost a fam.

The trap hip-hop was great.

Even if there were stakes before, they never seem "substancial" enough to be considered as stakes, in difficult situations all of the main cast (except All Might) risks minor injury at best and almost non-existent psychological trauma (main squad saw their deaths my All for One in ep10 s3, never gave a fuck after). Izuku got his limbs broken a couple of times yeah but they were always healed, he didn't lost much since ep1 (close people or material objects). Personality wise none of the main cast evolved, Bakugou is still a whiny hot-head even after his "supposed" redemption arc, same for Shouto, they just changed their way of thinking/motivations.

Didn't read the manga, the backstory was badly directed and came out of nowhere because she never seemed more than random minion in the League, their sympathy together for now is "We like each other because all of us like to hang out and kill some people like the marginals we are".

Never said it was bad, just out of context, but I can be very wrong on that I admit.

Just saw this reply. Don't visit the site much.

There are many probs with the first paragraph.

I am glad you put substantial in quotes. It shows/admit you know it is just subjective. The whopping majority of stakes are substantial: physical, psychological, emotional. It is weird you say there is no stakes given that you exclude allmight. It is like saying "there are no humans on earth except the places that have humans." To address the AFO and kids, come on, are you serious? They were shocked senseless, allmight put them at ease when he beat him and because they don't fall into mental anguish from time to time after that is why there is no trauma? Iida went through the trauma of his bro being crippled and caused lose control, reflect and gain resolve which he showed in the license exam. Momo had low self esteem only to overcome it and prove it her worth repeatedly (Forest arc and license exam). She still struggles with it. Todoroki at that time was just blocking out endeavor not learning to live with it until his later confrontation with Inasa. Bakugo starts to realize his ideals may be wrong as he blamed himself for allmights retirement. Deku still has insecurities about being THE NEXT that works against his growing self esteem. In addition, yes he was healed not regenerated. His arm is still affected due to scars limiting him to 2 or 3 uses of 100% if self abuse keeps up.For the kids, their ideals and/or lives are constantly at stake. All these are trauma where psychological, emotional or physical. At this point your just lying to yourself.

I REPEAT. Stakes don't have to mean death or injury. Stakes takes many forms. MHA's stakes take those forms.

i say this not to make you look stupid but as a mere correction. You say Bakugo and Todoroki hasn't evolved personality wise just their way of thinking/motivation. The definition of personality is

"Personality refers to individual differences in characteristic patterns of THINKING, feeling and behaving"

You contradicted yourself. They did change personality wise, it may not be to the degree you desire but they have developed and changed via trauma and confronting said trauma. Bakugo now has a high priority for rescue, Todoroki reconnects with his mom and both become more social.

I don't oppose it came out of nowhere. Just said the trans friend made a cameo and it gave reason why she joined. It was not badly directed. There was not much to judge. It was badly placed. You are being unfair when you strip the intent to its bare bones when you say "We like each other because all of us like to hang out and kill some people like the marginals we are". That is a cheap tactic used to trivialize the characterization, progression of characters. I could say " The villains are like a pseudo-family brought together by the society that shunned them." See, sounds interesting right.

I never said you said it was bad. I just gave my two cents on the music and context. They were great for a villain intro. You have nothing to admit. If you feel it was misplaced that is fine. It is subjective.

I AWAIT ANY REBUTTAL.
Oct 20, 2019 10:09 AM
Jul 2014
Meew2 said:
Devil_Food said:

A mcguffin is a plot device used to progress the plot that has very little importance to said plot to advance it for silly reasons. Notice how I said 'probably', based off of what the ED looks like.

So essentially you're talking out your ass since it doesn't even apply to the character in place. So on top of not knowing the meaning of the word you're using it where it doesn't even apply to it.

Oct 20, 2019 10:12 AM
Aug 2017
Yautja said:
darkstom248 said:

No, I mean a horrible character. As in, BnHA would be better off without him, something clearly not the point. And he really doesn't, he's literally just the personification of edginess, has effectively zero compelling backstory or motivation, and behaves like a fanfic villain. Every villain that's been introduced has been more interesting, better written and actually has a goal; they've all been relatable, or human. I maintain that Tomura is just a bad imitation of the Dark Knight's Joker.
Well, not really. Like I said, yes he is a bad villain and the villains introduced around him are infinitely better than him in motivation and effectiveness. But that is the point. There have been obvious points of growth and hints of actual motivation in Tomora up to this point. They just haven't been focused into the right areas yet. He has specifically been set up to be the villains' version of Midoriya going from a villain with no real motivation or effectiveness to one of the best villains I've seen. I'm not trying to spoil anything but if you don't mind spoilers
Oct 20, 2019 10:15 AM
Mar 2019
It really feels like quality has risen overall!
Oct 20, 2019 10:17 AM

Feb 2015
darkstom248 said:
Yautja said:

Well, not really. Like I said, yes he is a bad villain and the villains introduced around him are infinitely better than him in motivation and effectiveness. But that is the point. There have been obvious points of growth and hints of actual motivation in Tomora up to this point. They just haven't been focused into the right areas yet. He has specifically been set up to be the villains' version of Midoriya going from a villain with no real motivation or effectiveness to one of the best villains I've seen. I'm not trying to spoil anything but if you don't mind spoilers

Yes really. There really hasn't, certainly not in the anime. A shitty villain and shitty character isn't the same thing as a good character with potential but is currently not special. Deku is literally the opposite of what Tomura is, and currently is the hero version of what he should be. A good character who's currently not an especially skilled hero. Tomura is a shit character and a shit villain. That's not a good thing and it hasn't changed.
YautjaOct 20, 2019 10:23 AM
Oct 20, 2019 10:49 AM

Mar 2016
Devil_Food said:
Meew2 said:

So essentially you're talking out your ass since it doesn't even apply to the character in place. So on top of not knowing the meaning of the word you're using it where it doesn't even apply to it.

What the fuck are you even talking about - a presumption doesn't hold weight, it's an opinion, no shit. The fact that you're this heated about moving pictures and assuming im being cynical when in reality im being critical - take your meds.
How offended are you like holy shit. How can you discredit the literal definition of a mcguffin? You do realize that characters can have traits and literally CAN BE a mcguffin if their TRAITS assimilate their entire character(?).
Coming from a lolcow who has almost 230 days consumed to which you most enjoy a childrens isekai about digital monsters, you really don't hold much weight trying to tell me what plot devices are which or how they work.
If i wanted to argue with a /b/tard i'd go on 4chan, but at least a /b/tard doesn't admit to liking children's material.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 20, 2019 10:52 AM

Apr 2018
EsieEyen said:
Good episode. So Tomura's organization has been defeated by Overhaul's organization, that was a nice scene. Sir Nighteye here was a funny one, especially his punishment for Bubble Girl.
Both sides had 1 dead, I wouldnt call any of the organization defeated

Oct 20, 2019 11:14 AM

Sep 2017
Rip magnets guy (girl? whatever). So Sir Nighteye has a tickle fetish I see... The make me laugh gimmick is kinda dumb, but we'll see how it plays out.
Oct 20, 2019 1:42 PM
Oct 2019
BRUH Villain Murders Villian EPIC
Oct 20, 2019 4:21 PM

Apr 2012
And here I was convinced Horikoshi didn't have the guts to kill people off! Talk about shock value! Even if it was a no name and Magnet who had barely any screentime, that ANYONE has died in this show is a big deal. Not Ingenium, not Stain, not Best Jeanist, not even All Might or All for One despite all the reasons they maybe probably should have died, but now we have death, genuine, on screen, BRUTAL death. The ONLY other people that have died in this series have been Nomus in Hosui City, and only then because they'd been deformed so badly no one even registered them as people anymore.

Is this a sign of things to come, or a one-time fluke I wonder? The point of the scene appeared to be demonstrating that Shigaraki and Overhaul's abilities are similar, one-touch killers when they need to be, but whether or not this new capacity for death will reach the rest of the cast - much less the heroes - is yet to be seen.

Either way, brilliant scene!
Oct 20, 2019 5:15 PM
Jan 2016
Damn, Overhaul and Shiragaki encounter was so intense, they are both eladers, and seems they habitity are equaly powerfull and dangerous!

So Midoriya is aiming to meet AllMight's sidekick, Nighteye, and that scene with the buble girls was hilarious, seems Midoriya failed with his impression!
Oct 20, 2019 5:15 PM
Jan 2016
Damn, Overhaul and Shiragaki encounter was so intense, they are both eladers, and seems they habitity are equaly powerfull and dangerous!

So Midoriya is aiming to meet AllMight's sidekick, Nighteye, and that scene with the buble girls was hilarious, seems Midoriya failed with his impression!
Oct 20, 2019 5:16 PM

Jul 2017
Overhaul is a fucking beast. He obliterated that guy like it was butter! And the way he toyed with Tomura with his big and also wise words was badass. And he does have a point. You need to have a plan if you want to achieve something/have a goal in mind. But it seems Tomura wants revenge on him now, that has got to be really interesting to see no doubt.

On the other hand, Deku is now progressing further and will now attempt to be trained by All-Might's sidekick Nighteye, who seems to be a funny and wacky character lol. And that face from Deku was fucking hilarious xD Time for more training!

Waiting for next week!
Oct 20, 2019 7:11 PM

Oct 2017
Good episode. The best part was the part with the villains imo.
Oct 21, 2019 12:36 AM

Aug 2017
darkstom248 said:
Yautja said:

Don't discuss with him about Shigaraki, he blatantly hates the character to an extreme detail that the bias is obvious.

I've seen his arguments, and his points aren't very good & too emotional at that. Its futile to debate with him on the topic.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Oct 21, 2019 1:33 AM

Jan 2013
Happy to see they didn't censor Bubble Girl's underboob.
Oct 21, 2019 4:30 AM

Jul 2017
Starting this season, double the evil vs. double the hero.

Shigaraki and Overhaul, the meeting of 2 big evils. Despite the League of Villains growing under the influence of Shiragaki, it seems that the loss of All For One has demised his thought process, and Overhaul is here to LEGIT overhaul the entire group and get their act together, SOON if they could get into an agreement. Meanwhile, that's some trickery and manipulation of both sides. Overhaul isn't a character to be trifled with.

On the Hero side, after last season's internship with the pro heroes (and the eventual clash of All Might and All For One), U.A. is getting more cautious about Class 1-A getting back into the groove. For Midoriya though, getting one of his sidekicks Nighteye is a MUST at this point. And asking Mirio for advise seems to be the next possible way to etch Izuku into a much stronger hero, to see that Nighteye would train him good as much as a stepping stone to not only be All Míght's successor, but to be No.1.

Oh shit I forgot the rivalry between Todoroki and Kacchan in Season 2, they had to re-course again before they can be certified alongside current pro heroes in work interns. That's...great.

And entering Nighteye's workplace, Izuku HAS A HELLA LOT to work out in achieving not strength, but humour first. Same with Bubble Girl as Nighteye's sidekick as she fails and get subjected to tickles, and Izuku mimicking All Might to the point of Nighteye's irritation. What a fail for a first impression. Definitely laughs here.

Starting off strong!
KANLen09Nov 14, 2019 3:17 AM
Oct 21, 2019 6:17 AM

Mar 2014
Overhaul is certainly a better version of Tomura.
Oct 21, 2019 8:29 AM

Apr 2018
I watch it only for villains
Oct 21, 2019 8:38 AM

Apr 2019
Wow, Overhaul got me so hyped. I really like his character design, voice & aura!
Can't wait to see more of him.

Wondering what exactly his Quirk is though? (O.o)
Oct 21, 2019 8:55 AM
Oct 2018
Am i the only one who is highly disappointed with how the animation looks? The characters look so ugly, especially Bakugou and Todoroki. Also, I don't know why, but I imagined Sir's hair to be dark blue (like midnight blue), not green like Izuku.
Oct 21, 2019 10:53 AM

Nov 2015
Morria-Ria said:
Also, I don't know why, but I imagined Sir's hair to be dark blue (like midnight blue), not green like Izuku.

blame Horikoshi for that hair color.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Oct 21, 2019 2:26 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Yautja said:

I’ll also add Katsushit Cuntsuki. The series is way better off without that cunt.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
Apr 23, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.