Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2019 11:30 PM
Jan 2015
One of the very few rare times I enjoyed this anime. I guess it was because of the nostalgia. I'm glad to see an episode about jiraiya
Oct 8, 2019 4:05 AM
Sep 2019
An awesome EP overall! I feel like the series is heading down a direction that I'm liking more and more. The whole ep was worth it for that end with the Sasuke and Boruto moment alone!
Ya boy is going to Con Alt Delete 2020! See you there!

Oct 9, 2019 11:06 PM

Oct 2008
I laughed so hard everytime the adults sweat over the ICHA-ICHA TACTICS! LOLZ!
5/5.

Oct 10, 2019 11:32 AM

May 2014
Long time since I have ranked an ep. 4/5, but this one was good- Most people about this ep.: The only good part of the ep. was seeing Jiraiya in the OP and flashbacks of him in the ep. LOL 😂😂😂

Well I mostly agree on that. 04:28 (kissanime), no way Sasuke was/is a cooler shinobi than Jiraiya-sama. Only thing he beats him is strength, and that's only because of the Ōtsutsuki boost he got during the war. ^^ Jiraiya is cooler than him in any other ways.Funny to see that those two young pals are curious about Icha-icha tactics. Well, I don't blame them. It's indeed an interesting book. Funny to see all their reaction, especially Sasuke's reaction, but I really wanted Naruto himself to talk about Jiraiya. Damn, the studio they didn't give it an opportunity.

I am glad they dedicated an ep. to previous heroes like Jiraiya-sama. I hope we can see the Naruto characters talk about their masters/siblings. I would love an ep. where Sasuke talk about Itachi, or Naruto for that matter.

New opening is so much better than the other one. Maybe not in graphics, but with audio it's indeed much better. The ending is good, but the previous one was better.The Ōtsutsuki is back and we are back on the main track with the arc. Interesting how he is gonna drain dem bijuu's. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 15, 2019 12:14 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I wish we could always have episodes like these. Blah blah blah with that chakra stealing and tailed beast stuff.

Anyway, they could have just said it's lewd. Like dang, obviously they're going to be more and more interested as you keep keeping them away from it.;;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 15, 2019 12:18 AM
May 2019
Nieznajomy43 said:
oddjobsyorozuya said:
It is weird how new generation knows nothing about the old one.

@ahrrhd153

You need to take two big things into account

1. Events from just Third Shinobi World War happened relatively not so long ago. If my calculation are true 3th War happened about 30~40 years ago.
  2. They are still kids so they are not interested in past if it isn't affecting them. I highly doubt when you were 13 years old you had knowledge about General Patton and Churchill.

I knew about George Washington and the revolutionary war since elementary school.
Oct 15, 2019 5:48 AM

Dec 2016
oddjobsyorozuya said:
BenRyan said:

Kids probably didn't pay attention when they learned about the Great War just like kids irl don't know much about the key people in WW2

Yeah but the ones who fought in that war were their parents so it is still weird that they don't know anything and the old generation told them nothing about the war. I mean, Boruto didn't even know that Naruto has Kurama inside of him before the chuunin exams.

I dunno, my grandpa survived WWII and he never liked talking about these time. I only know that he almost was signed as "cannon fodder" at age 13.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 16, 2019 1:01 PM

Apr 2016
The episode was pretty funny. It was good to see Jiraiya again, I think his book are the perfect example to describe him xD
Oct 22, 2019 7:11 PM

May 2018
Will boruto ever get to read Make Out Tactics?

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Nov 10, 2019 1:59 AM
Apr 2018
The way they are showing Sasuke and Naruto Master Jiraiyya was definitely stronger than both of them
Nov 13, 2019 10:28 AM

Jul 2013
nostalgic episode. seeing old pictures/characters was nice.

sarada and boruto earnestly trying to obtain Make Out Tactics was cute.
Nov 14, 2019 8:41 PM
Mar 2017
Why did nobody talk about the ancient relic?
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jan 18, 2020 9:44 PM

Feb 2013
They are too young!
Jun 8, 2021 11:16 AM

Apr 2020
I loved this ep so much! Sasuke's interpretation of Naruto and Jiraiya's relationship was amazing. I hope Boruto and Sasuke continue to bond. The ep as a whole was heartwarming.
Oct 23, 2021 10:02 AM
May 2021
I am happy because I thought the main story had already stopped again
Apr 17, 2022 1:10 PM

Mar 2018
I was really hoping Hinata would blow up at Naruto after finding his book collection. Feels like a missed opportunity
Jun 24, 2023 7:56 PM
Aug 2021
Very funny how no one wants to tell them the truth about Jiraiya.
Jun 30, 2023 9:20 PM
May 2023
Muy buen episodio, recordando el pasado de Naruto y su maestro jiraiya. La busqueda del libro es bastante graciosa
Jan 9, 7:44 PM

Jan 2016
Really sad that no one knows/cares about the Utsy Gutsy Ninja, the book that Naruto was named after and basically matched the future of some of Naruto's events. (quick edit: they know nothing about history it seems either, honestly pretty sad and won't be surprised if more great ninja wars occur because education system is trash when comes to history)
Kakashi is forever the weirdest character to me, not only repeatedly reading erotic novels in front of kids to the point of memorizing their entire contents, but also trying to get parents to use the erotic novels tactics on their kids.

I'm really happy they are not using any Jiraya perversion or sexy jutsu here, there is a degree of comedy to it, but I prefer being without it. My foster son (15) was watching original Naruto with my other foster son (7) and I was just like "omg" and torn between making him stop, and letting it go. Shits so perverted!!!!!

The opening made me scared this was going to be an arc dedicated to flashbacks. Honestly, I vaguely remember a movie that I think Sakura and Naruto went to alternate dimension or something. I'm not sure if that was connected to Otsutsuki genjutsu, but I still think it's possible that Boruto could go to the past as their way of flashbacks and Boruto learning about Naruto and Sasuke. I got feeling that's what the artifact will do in combination with the fisherman playing arounds rinne-sharingan.

Hope I did this right:
Jsweeney7359 said:
Nieznajomy43 said:
@ahrrhd153
I knew about George Washington and the revolutionary war since elementary school.

You need to take two big things into account

Events from just Third Shinobi World War happened relatively not so long ago. If my calculation are true 3th War happened about 30~40 years ago.
They are still kids so they are not interested in past if it isn't affecting them. I highly doubt when you were 13 years old you had knowledge about General Patton and Churchill.

I also knew about this stuff in elementary school, and was further taught in middle school, both of which is under 13.
I don't really understand the 1st point either, as recent history is still history, it's important to learn or far more likely to repeat.

LilyVarbikJan 9, 7:53 PM

Feb 25, 4:47 AM
Mar 2017
i like how the series has humour mixed with serious plot little snippets. it's very funny to watch new characters discover the world and characters that we are so used to. very glad that hinata protected boruto from that awkward, to say the least, book.
ofc jiraiya was everything great but he treated women horribly (not even out of hate, i know). he was very awful and creepy. we can't deny that his actions were making women uncomfortable. no wonder why only men are familiar with his work (,except for sasuke who actually respected women his whole life).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.