Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 14, 2019 10:36 PM

Aug 2008
Gee, why ppl care so much about a score.
I personally i gave 9 because i enjoy even if has some flaws. Is about a boy wanting to be strong to cure his mother, and meanwhile became stronger than he imagined. Also the MC has his goals and lol, he is not afraid either to dirty his hands a bit with blood ;p
U do not like, good. You like good again xD
The spider is watching
Jan 3, 2020 6:22 AM

Sep 2011
abystoma2 said:
Give it few months and it will drop out of top 100. The fanboys are just overreacting because this got "finally" added to MAL.

So... how many more months?
Jan 3, 2020 7:04 AM

Nov 2013
Veldin461 said:
abystoma2 said:
Give it few months and it will drop out of top 100. The fanboys are just overreacting because this got "finally" added to MAL.

10 or so, I'd say. Tower of God score is already falling.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jan 3, 2020 9:12 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Liking a comic just for its art is akin to liking an anime just for its amazing animation, an idea that I will never get behind.
Solo Leveling is just as bland as The Gamer, but at least The Gamer's MC can't cut diamonds with the edge.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jan 6, 2020 12:50 PM

May 2014
Should be 1 easily one of the greatest piece of media from the last decade
Jan 7, 2020 5:43 AM
Oct 2015
So much bad taste in one thread
Jan 7, 2020 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
SOA + Bzerke + Gablin Zlayer + Toyko Gul = This masterpiece of holy garbage!
Jan 7, 2020 11:11 PM

Aug 2008
Are you 10 old kids or what? Seriously now.
Maybe some of us are novel readers and we enjoy a lot this webtoon too.
The premise is simple, nothing fancy, but sometime simple things are more enjoyable in life.
So much intelligence in one thread I havent seen since PET ep one discussion :)
Is not a masterpiece,but is very ernjoyable.
dany_elle1908Jan 7, 2020 11:15 PM
The spider is watching
Jan 9, 2020 9:14 PM

Apr 2018
Its art alone is already better than 95% of top 100 manga in MAL. Lol
Jfs_Jan 9, 2020 9:23 PM
Jan 15, 2020 9:19 PM

Aug 2016
anime scores in MAL make more sense than the manga ones.
:v
Jan 15, 2020 9:32 PM

Jan 2018
Story and plot is definitely common — but I think what sets it apart is not only the art (which is fuckeeeen awesome) but the way things slowly lead up to a moment that will really 'hype' the reader. The first half leaves much to be desired but as it goes on, you just kinda want to cheer for the main guy to be even more badass.

I've read a lot of mangas and webtoons but this Solo Leveling is one of the many few (that I can only count with one hand) that continuously hyped me for the next chapter.

So I'm not really surprised about the ratings. People rate things based on how they enjoy them. Majority of us are not snobs — we're not professional critics either (though we try to loool), we're normal people and we express how we enjoy something in ways like giving out ratings. So that just means a lot enjoyed it. If that didn't sit well with you, then okay. No harm done. It just means you have different tastes than most. That's all. That's not hard to grasp. No need to spread hate or look down on others who liked it.
iAmAileenComJan 15, 2020 9:37 PM

hell is other people
Jan 15, 2020 10:16 PM

Jul 2013
I agree... I've too read many great series like berserk , attack on Titan and more .. but none of them was able to create this much hype before the release of every chapter.. I hardly contain my excitement .. it's just something else I never felt before.. although I won't say that solo Levelling is better than the series it has currently outranked in MAL.. but man .. the enjoyment u get out of this is , can't be compared to any other series ( at least the ones I've seen and read). Even Noblesse was not at this level .. but then again .. I understand the feelings of those who are pissed by the fact that some shitty Korean series with no story , character development and all those standards set by otakus who think of themselves as critics , is outranking their favourite or acknowledged series. But as a solo Levelling fan .. I don't really care about the ranking and score it gets on MAL.. I just don't want the whole fan community to be labelled as people with bad taste , and I also don't want others to downvote solo leveling without reading it .. I mean u must read at least 55 chapters before passing judgement.. even it means torturing yourself .. Lol..
SandymikotoJan 15, 2020 10:21 PM
Jan 16, 2020 5:33 AM

Sep 2011
Sandymikoto said:
I just don't want the whole fan community to be labelled as people with bad taste , and I also don't want others to downvote solo leveling without reading it .. I mean u must read at least 55 chapters before passing judgement.. even it means torturing yourself .. Lol..

That happens to every community online. There will always be those people with "great taste" that just cannot understand why so many people are loving this "garbage" anime/manga/etc. and cannot help but start trashtalking it as if they are the voice of reason.
About the low scores, it's fine. If they hate it so much, even if it's just after reading one chapter, that's what the 1 score(unreadable) is for. I personally prefer to just delete those from my list but if you want to keep record of every single thing you try out, that's also an option.
Jan 16, 2020 4:23 PM
May 2019
I'm gonna keep reading. But I enjoyed it a lot more before the chimera ant arc. Hell even termites or wasps/bees wouldve been more original than ants. Still waiting for Kite to come stop the ant king from dying and Gon and Killua to help save the day.
Jan 20, 2020 11:43 AM

Aug 2011
Sandymikoto said:
I agree... I've too read many great series like berserk , attack on Titan and more .. but none of them was able to create this much hype before the release of every chapter.. I hardly contain my excitement .. it's just something else I never felt before.. although I won't say that solo Levelling is better than the series it has currently outranked in MAL.. but man .. the enjoyment u get out of this is , can't be compared to any other series ( at least the ones I've seen and read). Even Noblesse was not at this level .. but then again .. I understand the feelings of those who are pissed by the fact that some shitty Korean series with no story , character development and all those standards set by otakus who think of themselves as critics , is outranking their favourite or acknowledged series. But as a solo Levelling fan .. I don't really care about the ranking and score it gets on MAL.. I just don't want the whole fan community to be labelled as people with bad taste , and I also don't want others to downvote solo leveling without reading it .. I mean u must read at least 55 chapters before passing judgement.. even it means torturing yourself .. Lol..

It´s good in what it does, and the art is simply phenomenal, but what it does is superficially awesome to be honest (not to forget way too quick in his journey from nothing to super god), it´s not something that requires and rewards any kind of deeper thought, and the series that do, for my taste at least, are more deserving of such a high ranking, assuming their execution is exceptional.

So while i think it deserves praise, and i definitely enjoyed the mindless fun and visual taste, the fact that it overshadows in my eyes more deserving series is unfortunate, but ultimately it does not matter much.
And besides, a series like Kingdom is in the top 10 manga of alll time, so it´s not that bad.
Oct 4, 2020 9:42 AM

Jul 2013
abystoma2 said:
Veldin461 said:

10 or so, I'd say. Tower of God score is already falling.
you should've said 20 months.. it's been over an year and it's still within top 20 despite 4 months of hiatus lol. I don't see this getting pushed out of top 100 even in 10 years, unless there is large scale down-voting attempt and MAL does nothing about it .. HAHAHAHAHA...
Oct 11, 2020 7:03 PM

Jul 2020
As on October 12,2020 the manwha is at no. 14 and many people (who are mostly not caught up with the story) are still saying that it is too high. It is not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2020 7:14 PM

Sep 2017
Black_Sheep97 said:
abystoma2 said:
the concept isnt generic from what I've seen I've never seen a story like this with the growth of the mc of this type.

"Weak protagonist is handed down way to get overpowered and suddenly is slaghtering everything while others still underestimate" is as generic as it gets. What growth is there except that mc became edgy?
Mc becomes edgy is growth and greatly down.[/quote] well you could say that about almost every story like attack on titan eren is trash then 5 episodes later bam im an op titan or others like my hero academia or dan machi or every isekai ever
Oct 16, 2020 2:27 AM

Apr 2014
Why the hell is this so highly ranked wtf. I read 80 chapters and in half of them the main focus was showing off how op the main character was destroying everything he fights. It got to the point where it was legitimately annoying. It took the whole weak character turns op troupe and turned it up 1000%
MistOct 16, 2020 2:31 AM
Oct 21, 2020 5:52 AM
Jul 2018
Is overrated,this webtoon is just a generic shounen style work that got popular because of it's art and maybe action
removed-userOct 21, 2020 5:58 AM
Oct 21, 2020 12:29 PM

Aug 2010
Mist said:
Why the hell is this so highly ranked wtf. I read 80 chapters and in half of them the main focus was showing off how op the main character was destroying everything he fights. It got to the point where it was legitimately annoying. It took the whole weak character turns op troupe and turned it up 1000%

Yep. Great art alone doesn't make a great series. The story is generic as hell with just an OP MC power fantasy for it's readers. I've got it "On Hold" at 50 chapters but I don't see myself ever going back to it so I might as well just put it under "Dropped."
Oct 25, 2020 11:52 AM
Dec 2017
well it definately does not deserves that high ranking
overall enjoyment is great, its got great art, easy to understand story and the plot develops at a good enough pace so that its not too slow but not too fast as well, just some baddass guy kicking butts and being dense, usual shounen main character, nothing special.
story is nothing new and kinda obvious, i havent read the novel yet but im pretty sure the guy will only get stronger and stronger from now on, and win every fights and proceed to become strongest/famous/rich/loved by everyone stuff.
character development also not rly good, but overall i enjoy it solely from the art and how the manhwa shows how badass the guy is
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Your ending view (regarding extra chaps):

Vamp_Lord - Apr 24

8 by amitlot10 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Solo Leveling Chapter 201 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Eoussama - Jul 9, 2023

57 by ttedim »»
Apr 24, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Are you satisfied with this ending ?

luckysjjsjsjs - Nov 19, 2023

11 by MH93 »»
Apr 24, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Solo Leveling Chapter 191 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 29, 2023

27 by MH93 »»
Apr 24, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Solo Leveling Chapter 179 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

koluffy - Dec 29, 2021

136 by Taniamichelle001 »»
Apr 22, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.