Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 2, 2019 5:30 AM
May 2019
I really love watching this huge-sword wielder dude, Guts. Ever since I laid my eyes on him and finished watching his 90s series, he definitely became my top favorite anime. He has the number one spot in my heart, and there's no other anime character who'd replace his spot. He experience many painful things ever since he was born. I just love any character who've gone through hellish situations and yet tries to overcome all of it. I really love his charm, attitude, and his behavior.
Next on my list was Tanaka Yukio. I love his voice, which means the same for his voice actor. His series was well-made, it's a masterpiece for me. He's a character you'll love although he might act like a childish sometimes. He was able to gather his own friends, and even made into a band.
Another one was Xin from Kingdom. Dude, he's somewhat related to Guts for me. Xin was a child aiming to become the greatest general under the heavens. I love his bravery and that's what makes him as a great character for me. He's fulfilling his role very well, everyone will surely love how he's growing and becoming strong slowly.
Oct 3, 2019 1:02 PM

Jul 2014
Goku
Yusuke
Onizuka
The classics are always the best!
Oct 3, 2019 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
Tohsaka
Asuka
Senjougahara
Kurisu

Tsunderes
Oct 3, 2019 1:30 PM
Mar 2018
Spike from Cowboy Bebop
Angeletta from Romeo's Blue Skies
Ursula from KiKI's delivery service.

I like Spike because he's my ideal "cool character"

And I like Angeletta and Ursula because they're just the best, and they say & do the best things. And they're always there to motivate the protagonists.
Oct 3, 2019 1:40 PM

Jun 2016
Definitely Eren Jaeger.
Some people are only now starting to really like him because of the manga and i find it sad. He seems much more complex now than he was before, that's for sure, but the character development and what he had to go through to be what he is now is what appeals the most to me. Can't wait to see what Isayama does with him now.

If we are also including games, then i also want to mention Kokichi Ouma.
That rat is literally the one who moves v3's plot foward while not even being the protagonist. I find his character very intriguing.
Oct 3, 2019 1:44 PM

Sep 2017
blackbeard from one piece he is my favorite character because he is the only character that actually looks like a pirate also he shares the same dream as the main character (luffy)
Oct 3, 2019 2:05 PM

Jan 2017
Satomi Koutarou from Rokujouma no Shinryakusha. He is the Knight in shining armor for many people. But he manages to stay so grounded at the same time.
Oct 3, 2019 2:20 PM

May 2018
I have a shit ton of characters that I like a lot, but I'm getting more and more convinced that I like Gintoki the most and I haven't even finished Gintama yet.
Oct 3, 2019 2:23 PM

Jun 2019
Excaliburrrrr is probably mine... yeah, i think he's my favorite so far.

Excaliburrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Oct 8, 2019 4:57 PM

Oct 2019
Rock Lee has been and always will be my favorite anime character. He's incredibly selfless and takes the hard-working trait to a whole new level. He has that underdog thing going for him, which I love. But, what makes him better than the typical MC underdog is that he's not handed the solution(s) to his weakness(es) by chance (like Naruto, Asta, Midoriya, etc.). He has to train his ass off for years and years in one specific type of jutsu to make up for his natural inability to perform the others. He doesn't need luck and he doesn't need to be a genius because his power comes from hard work and hard work alone. There's a reason his fight with
is often deemed one of the greatest in all of anime.
Not to mention he's kind and respectful to everyone and has a lot of humorous aspects to his character. I just can't say enough good shit about him.
Have you done your punches of gratitude today?
Oct 8, 2019 5:01 PM

Dec 2016
BTDee said:
My number one would probably be Satou from Ajin because hes the absolute best written character I've ever seen.

Satou is an amazing character! While he is not listed on my fav list, he definitely belongs in my top 20.
mors certa hora incerta
Oct 8, 2019 5:06 PM

Dec 2016
All-time fav is Guts from Berserk. The fact he's still standing is amazing. All that shit he went through. I have never felt so many emotions for a fictional character.

For more lighthearted characters, Gintoki. Gintoki just brightens my day. Yes, he also has a dark past, which is probably why I like him so, considering how he's still able to enjoy life.

He should have a drink with Guts.

For the ladies, Revy from Black Lagoon.

Somehow, all my favs have a shitty past, but they all managed to overcome it, for the most part. Well, maybe not Guts. He doesn't have the time to sit down and reminisce about his problems.
mors certa hora incerta
Oct 8, 2019 5:13 PM

Oct 2017
My favorite character right now has gotta be Vaccine Man from OPM S1 I feel like they really built him up fantastically.
Oct 8, 2019 5:20 PM

Aug 2018
Ginko from Mushishi because he shows panic when he needs to. There's some scene where he's hiking, walking through a forest or walking by a field of rice and I find those really nice.

Oct 8, 2019 5:25 PM

Jun 2019
Kyouka Jirou from My Hero Academia. Even after I finished the show, I didn't really have a favorite character or a best girl. When I rewatched it though, Jirou instantly became my favorite character. I love her badass and sarcastic personality, while also being very helpful, useful, and talented. She's also an extremely underrated character in the show, mostly due to lack of consistent screentime.
professional women respecter
Oct 8, 2019 6:15 PM
Dec 2017
Usually any character that’s emotionally strong (I’m attached to waifus with long hair and curvy body though). As waifu archetypes, I prefer deredere, kuudere, light tsundere, light dandere, the teasing ones, and the pure ones.

As waifus, I have to point out Monika (DDLC), Homura Akemi (Puella Magi Madoka Magica), Yui Yuigahama (Oregairu), Yuuna Yunohana (Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san), Mai Sakurajima (Seishun Buta Yarou), and Makina Irisu (Grisaia). All of them waifus with kind and interesting personalities, that have a great emotional resistance. I admire them a lot.

As male characters, mainly a kinda and cheerful, yet carefree and playful, personality, that isn’t generic. The two main examples (and also my two favorite protagonists) would be Ryu Yamada (Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo) and Sakuta Asuzawa (Seishun Buta Yarou). “Dark” or “Corrupted” characters in general, such as Kazuma Satou (KonoSuba) or Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass), pick my interest too, as long as they’re not evil nor have bad intentions (either heroes or anti-heroes).
Oct 8, 2019 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
I can't think of one single favorite character but the types I tend to lean towards are sympathetic villains, the hopelessly pathetic, salty assholes, and cinnamon rolls.
Oct 8, 2019 6:51 PM

Aug 2009
Kan'u Unchou from Ikkitousen and good fucking question at this point.

Edit 10/17/19:
We'll see how I feel about Ryomou Shimei being my new bottom bitch after eight years or so. Kan'u is still in my top five, but Maou-chan is a more relatable character.
FacelessVixenOct 17, 2019 11:59 AM

Oct 17, 2019 10:30 AM

Apr 2018
Sakamaki izayoi and hayato narita cause of their's personality tbh
Oct 17, 2019 11:35 AM

Jan 2019
Aqua because she is the most beautiful and caring and nice Woman to exist. And she's funny.
Oct 17, 2019 11:48 AM

Dec 2016
Oreki Houtarou - i liked very much of the development he had
Katou Megumi - her personality
Yukihira Souma - the posture he have , i just like it , and i dont understand why he is behind of caracters like Midoriya, Araragi ( i dont understand why people like him ).
Oct 17, 2019 11:53 AM

Feb 2019
Thorfinn from Vinland Saga. Such a good developed character.
Oct 17, 2019 12:00 PM
Mar 2017
MCs:

Sakata Gintoki. IMO Gintoki is the best shounen MC. He's funny, relatable, and really cared for the close ones even though he's not showing it. You can just know he really cared for them like when Gintoki goes rage mode when he thought Otose was killed by Jirocho, or when he's very shocked when Shinpachi punched him (kintoki arc). And one more thing, Sugita fits Gintoki perfectly its just like Sugita is Gintoki himself.

Satou Kazuma. I think the most relatable mc. He is a NEET but never wanna admit it, got stucked in a party that looks strong but actually they are just a bunch of idiots (not that i hate them, i actually liked them all), his perverted mind is just like most of us, and his ideology of gender equality is just the same as i am.

Female:

Makise Kurisu. She is actually my ideal type of gf (exclude the tsundere part). Genius, beautiful, long hair, perfect body proportions, and TSUN. I liked her since the beginning of S;G, her personality is cute, and IMO she is the best tsundere i ever seen.

MA:

Dio Brando. Sets his goals from becoming a rich man to conquer the entire world. Dio isnt just an ordinary villain, he's a villain that had it all. Power, Charisma, strong followers,very high pride, and pure evil personality. Not to mention Koyasu fits him perfectly.

Alexander Anderson. Is he counted as a MA? Well thats aside, Anderson is one of my badass antagonists (dunno if he's a villain since most of Hellsing char is pretty much villains) personally, i enjoys his relationship with Alucard, they just tryna kill each other if they met, and Alucard actually respects him until Anderson sacrifices his humanity. I've come to respect him when he was angered by his disciple (forgot his name) when he tricked the London citizens into thinking that he was an aid but happened to continuing the massacre just because they are Protestans.
Oct 17, 2019 12:10 PM

Jul 2015
is seriously nobody going to take the Kirito bait?
It's okay to smirk

Oct 17, 2019 12:49 PM

Jun 2019
Accelerator and Kumagawa because both incredibly OP and have unique personality.
Oct 17, 2019 1:06 PM

Feb 2017
Any character from my favorites list could qualify here and I'd be happy to dig in to why I love them so much, but one character that I love so dearly yet feel is very often overlooked, is Ayame Kajou-senpai from Shimoneta. She's beautiful, hilarious, and she fights for her beliefs in a boring world without dirty jokes.
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Oct 17, 2019 1:17 PM

Jan 2015
You can have a look at my favorite list.

Reasons for them? I jusy liked them that's all.
Oct 17, 2019 10:55 PM
Mar 2019
Lelouch lamperouge from code geass bc he is the smartest anime character and is selfless, he is also cute af
Oct 17, 2019 11:00 PM

Apr 2013
Hachiman because I can identify with his bad traits quite well. I'm also socially awkward and a loner sometimes.
Oct 18, 2019 2:05 AM

Dec 2018
Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl

Hazumu Osaragi , Is the most well written character ever in my book. Her journey to find herself and bloom to the person she suppose to be , Is one of the most beautiful and captivating story's I have experience in anime!!

I never believed she would be able to win me over. I was ready to drop that anime ,,But I loved it watch it twice in one week! Im a stubborn old goat and very hard to convince!! But it the end I surrendered completely and she won my heart! The girl I thought I was going to dislike become my greatest lesbian treasure ever and my favourite waifu!!!

Yuri-CrusaderNov 8, 2019 5:58 AM
Nov 9, 2019 1:35 AM

Mar 2012
Conrad Weller because I like everything about him right from his warm smile to his loyalty, all sides of his personality and even his bad jokes.
Nov 9, 2019 3:15 AM

Jun 2015
Natsu Dragneel

Probably the worst written half assed char whose plot armor is only second to shito emiya, but he is infinitely moar likeablke than most anime male protagonists.

Hell hes got pink hair which is cute too.
Nov 9, 2019 3:24 AM

May 2019
My favourite character is one of the most underrated characters in anime, Koda Koji from BNHA.

The majority, even BNHA fans ignore him, most people don't even know his name and just call him the "rock boy" because he's not your usual hot anime boy. But he's much more than that. Yes, he is a minor character and he doesn't have much screen time. But he's so damn precious! He's the best boi plus he has a great quirk.

For major characters, it's either Luffy and Franky, because they're funny af. And Joseph from JoJo part 2.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Nov 10, 2019 4:26 PM

Feb 2017
I'll divide in 2 sections:
>Female characters:
-Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)
Cute and sweet character (the cutest from all of my personal list), she has aged very well in almost every aspect (I'm referring to the first anime series, I'm not following the new series...)

-Konata Izumi (Lucky Star)
Cute and funny, also, she a very hardcore anime/games fan like me...

-Hiyori Tamura (Lucky Star)
I relate to her a lot, since she is an manga artist, with all the mishaps and misventures (uwu). The only difference is that I'm not into BL/GL...

-Miu Amano (Blend S)
Also a favorite because she's manga artist, also, she's so awesome and funny when she's so pumped up with an idea...

-Tomoko Kuroki (WataMote!)
The same as Konata, but in a "negative and a awkward-ish side".

-Saber/Arturia Pendragon (Fate series)
Maybe the 2nd place in my cute characters' list. She's my favorite character from all the Fate Universe.

-Sora Naegino, Layla Hamilton and Rosetta Passel (Kaleido Star)

-Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex)
I loved the S.A.C. version more than the original movie version (both personality and design, because the movie version design, in my opinion, was below my standards) Has a nice balance between her strong, fim side as the Major in Section 9, but she has a nice chemistry with the rest of her team. In my opinion (and aside that I hadn't read the manga...) The S.A.C. version is far better and my preferred version of Motoko, until now...

-Misaki Ayuzawa (Kaichou wa Maid-sama!)
Despite her tsundere personality, she is in my personal top 5. I can understand her harsh treatment towards male character due her father abandoned her sick mother and her little sister, and, as the older sibling, she had to help in home, work as a maid in a part-time job (despite she doesn't like it, but she still does her best), and also, she wants to prove herself capable of anything, I don't think she wants to fell superior to males, but to overcome any kind of obstacle...

-Shizuku Hazuki (New Game!)
I loved her personality and her lolz.

-Chihaya Megumi (Servant x Service)
Had a great personality, hid in an apparent emotionless face. She is by far, the best character in the whole series.

-Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
I loved her character design, and also I find her so cute, despite her psychotic side...

-Hanako Koyanagi (Wotaku no Koi wa Muzukashii)
She and Kabakura makes the best couple in the series.

-Aki Izayoi (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5d's)
In my opinion, has the best female character development in the whole Yu-Gi-Oh! universe. I still don't understand why didn't let her and Yusei being an official couple at the end of the series
-Ai Hayasaka (Kaguya-sama: Love is War)
I don't know exactly how to describe exactly any reason about why I like her, but, she cracks me with her wit and her trolling personality...

-Hikari Takanashi (Demi-chan wa Kataritai)
I like every character from the series, they're all cute and lovable, but she is, by far, the best character in the series, she so cheerful, energetic and funny, but she has to deal with her "other", demi nature, when she faced the girls that were bullying Yuki (the green-haired, snow woman) and how she cares about everyone around her (in her own way).

---

>Male characters:
-Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin) One of the best male characters, and the best shonen main character in anime history (at least he's the #1 from all the shonen anime series I've seen.)

-Yuu Ishigami (Kaguya-sama: Love is War)
I loved him in his rant when he was talking with Miyuki Shirogane about Kaguya's misunderstanding when she had fever.

-Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
The only thing I can say about him is that Tomokazu Sugita was born for the role... or at least, he will always be Gintoki...

-Anime Tenchou (the mascot from Animate, he has a OVA)
I know him from his appearances from Lucky Star, and the way he's presented is simply great, he deserves to have his own series (or at least, maybe a couple of OVAs,)

-Kenichi Shirahama (Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple)
One of my favorite characters in the entire series, also, I fell pity for him in his tortuous training, but he continued and persisted, just to protect all the people he cares...
Also I enjoyed when he conjoins with the Chinese Martial Arts master Ma Kensei in their perverted missions to spy on Miu and/or Shigure...

-Shinnosuke Nohara "Shin-chan" (Shin-chan)
I hadn't seen the "original" japanese version. I got stuck with the first Latin American version, which it made it better (at least, in my opinion...)
We are EVERYWHERE...
Nov 10, 2019 5:58 PM

Nov 2018
If this is not including characters that only appeared in games then I would have to say Yui Hirasawa from K-On!
She’s just a sweet precious soul
Nov 10, 2019 6:34 PM

Feb 2017
Smart guys:
Lelouch - Code Geass
Light - Death Note
Ayanakoji - Classroom of the Elite
Dazai - Bungo Stray Dogs

Badass Fighters:
Balsa - Seirei no Moribito
Kenshin - Rurouni Kenshin
Dr Jackal - Get Backers
Kunikida - Bungo Stray Dogs
Revy - Black Lagoon

Best girls:
Violet - Violet Evergarden
Holo - Spice and Wolf
Popura - Working
Shizuka - Oregairu (I wish she was the main girl instead of Yukino)
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Nov 10, 2019 6:48 PM
Oct 2019
Eikichi Onizuka
Spike Spiegel
Masa from Seto no Hanayome - for various reasons
Dandy
Nov 16, 2019 9:20 AM
Oct 2016
NickRedMachine said:
Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter

Sick, sadistic, yet not purely evil. Chooses sides depending on which is more fun for him. Most importantly, he's unpredictable. Never know what his next move is going to be, and after he's made it, you don't know why.

this actually is good :) my kind of character haha
not those typical cute and strong mcs hahaha
Nov 16, 2019 9:30 AM

Aug 2015
Guts and Johnny Joestar.

Same reasons. They are the best developed characters I have seen. And also I like their designs.

On the girls side it would be Rin Tohsaka because I like her personality, and she it cute as hell. Interestingly enough she is the only character in Fate/Stay Night that stays true to herself in all three routes, having major roles in UBW and specially Heavens Feels.
Nov 16, 2019 9:43 AM

Feb 2018
Xerxes Break because of his happy-go personality that holds through most of the anime.A gentleman on top of that, protecting Lady Sharon no matter what.

Mirai Kuriyama because of her cuteness and adorable personality.Also megane are top tier.I wanted her body shape ever since I first saw her back 2 years ago.

Ikaros because I love her design and she is so innocently smart yet doesn't understand humans.Titties too, but shut.

Satou Matsuzaka becaue she reminds me of myself a lot, looks bomb and is a yandere lesbian.My ideal female type.

Karuta Roromiya because just like Ikaros she has an innocent personality and is sweetly shy.Seems calm all the time, knows how to fight for herself and I remember her being my best girl for years.

Victorique de Blois because she is an adorable yet smart as hell petite girl.Also reads a lot, isn't the violent kind of Tsundere and wonderful clothing style.

Dazai Osamu because of his harsh past, strong self and because he is the anime version of my ideal man.And the suicidal element makes him relatable sometimes.

Nov 16, 2019 9:50 AM

Jun 2019
Yuu Ishigami from Love is War because I think he is very similar to me.
Nov 16, 2019 9:54 AM

Jul 2019
Yoshikage Kira since he has the same goal as me. Live a quiet life. He feels real and relatable, also hee looks cool and owns an epic stand.
Guts. He is just super badass. He also is caring which is nice.
Kazuo Yamashita. He radiates positivity and is all around a nice and kind person.
Nov 16, 2019 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
Edward Elric. Brave, heroic, cool, nice, funny, altruistic, strong, likeable, well-written, well-developed *insert literally every compliment that you can make to him as a character and as a person here* and also the fact that he's literally the best fictional character ever made.
Nov 20, 2019 7:56 PM

Mar 2019
Probably Gintoki or Rem.

Gintoki is the kind of the person I'd call best kind of humans to be with / befriend. He has literally every trait you can imagine, he's pervert, irresponsible, jerk, poor, random, yet he's cool, hot, badass, has dark past, cares about what those who around him, fights for his own beliefs.

Rem, probably the best kind of wife / supportive friend you can get, - Exclude the yanadere trait -. She knows well how to repair a broken man's mind ...
Nov 20, 2019 8:04 PM
Jan 2019
Ban, Seven Deadly Sins. My reason is simply because I love his personality, he is so bad ass when he’s fighting and is a funny character. He try’s to hide his feelings from the outside but from the inside he is a very caring person as well.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» โ„๏ธ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

222 by Shizuna »»
51 seconds ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

61 by maya2003s »»
2 minutes ago

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

57 by shiro-seishun »»
3 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece part 2 (the sequel)

Cyborgium - 3 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
3 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

30 by LenRea »»
8 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.