Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Sep 2, 2019 6:23 AM

Nov 2017
Epicgamerxd said:
If kny is gonna be the best anime of the year it first has to be the best demon-slaying anime of the year (dororo>>>>)

For me dororo does an infinitely better job making me care about characters and events, and its color pallette and art style and animation really make it feel rooted in the time period, while knys art style and color pallette imo look atrociously gaudy for the general vibe of the time period--i could see it working for a more comedic show, but frankly when kny dabbles in comedy i want to shoot myself bc how forced and unfunny it is

Same sentiments. The awful comedy makes the show unimmersive. Just like what I felt towards YLIA. The characters have great designs but they're godawful.
Sep 2, 2019 6:54 AM

May 2019
Nope, but I can pretty much guarantee that the second and third will be in the top 10 of all time based on the manga because it is honestly the best battle shounen I’ve ever read. I honestly thought it was a bit bland but it will get much much better. The part at which the anime is at is probably the least well written part of the story but it gets its shit together and at that point it will deserve a higher rating. But for now I think yakusoku no neverland is the best of 2019 in my opinion.
Sep 2, 2019 7:41 AM

Oct 2018
JottaPokka said:
Nope, but I can pretty much guarantee that the second and third will be in the top 10 of all time based on the manga because it is honestly the best battle shounen I’ve ever read. I honestly thought it was a bit bland but it will get much much better. The part at which the anime is at is probably the least well written part of the story but it gets its shit together and at that point it will deserve a higher rating. But for now I think yakusoku no neverland is the best of 2019 in my opinion.

Many say the manga is probably the best shounen manga ever made

Then how did it remain unnoticed so far?
Before the anime, literally no-one mentioned it at all
Sep 2, 2019 7:43 AM

Nov 2015
No. I couldn’t even finish episode 1
HACKs! šŸ¤¢šŸ¤®
Sep 2, 2019 7:46 AM

Oct 2018
Old_School_Akira said:
No. I couldn’t even finish episode 1

Then your opinion doesn't really matter in this thread, since you know literally nothing about the anime
Sep 2, 2019 7:55 AM

Sep 2011
IMBOREDDD said:
Demon slayer best anime of 2019?????

Well, honestly speaking, nope. Among the existing and upcoming shows in the year, I doubt it would be able to compete with them.
Sep 2, 2019 8:17 AM
Aug 2019
I disagree, I think SnK, The Promised Neverland or Vinland Saga can be, Demon Slayer just created a hype in episode 19 and now.
Sep 2, 2019 8:45 AM

May 2019
-Aincrad- said:
JottaPokka said:

Perhaps it wasn’t all too popular in the west but it was very popular in japan so idk what you’re talking about. My friends and i were reading it before the anime came out so your statement just isn’t true. So far, it’s the most enjoyable shounen I’ve read personally so I probably didn’t phrase it properly. I don’t read a lot of shounen so you shouldn’t really take my word for it but it’s a great manga regardless.
Sep 2, 2019 10:09 AM
Apr 2016
Thanjh said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
I am still faithfully waiting for someone to list virtues of this series. Like profound story, meticulous use of tropes, interesting, conflicting characters JUST SOMETHING.
It doesn’t have those things but that’s what people like about it to some degree. They like it just because it doesn’t have anything profound but executed the basics well. Plus top-tier production. Overall I’d give it a 7/10, it’s gotten better since ep 19, though I’m still waiting to see if Zenitsu comes back and the show gets mediocre again.

This is a rather honest and decent answer that I can not really get ballistic about. I will leave y'all to enjoy this... series.
JottaPokka said:
-Aincrad- said:

Perhaps it wasn’t all too popular in the west but it was very popular in japan so idk what you’re talking about. My friends and i were reading it before the anime came out so your statement just isn’t true. So far, it’s the most enjoyable shounen I’ve read personally so I probably didn’t phrase it properly. I don’t read a lot of shounen so you shouldn’t really take my word for it but it’s a great manga regardless.

That is really no excuse. Something popular Japan-wide would not be left almost completely unnoticed worldwide. Just admit it got popular too quickly because animation is good. That is what the mass craves this age.
Re:formed
Sep 2, 2019 10:20 AM

May 2019
Daniel_Naumov said:
Thanjh said:
It doesn’t have those things but that’s what people like about it to some degree. They like it just because it doesn’t have anything profound but executed the basics well. Plus top-tier production. Overall I’d give it a 7/10, it’s gotten better since ep 19, though I’m still waiting to see if Zenitsu comes back and the show gets mediocre again.

This is a rather honest and decent answer that I can not really get ballistic about. I will leave y'all to enjoy this... series.
JottaPokka said:

That is really no excuse. Something popular Japan-wide would not be left almost completely unnoticed worldwide. Just admit it got popular too quickly because animation is good. That is what the mass craves this age.

It ran in the most popular and competitive manga magazine for over 3 years and often received colour spreads and covers. So you can't deny it was popular in japan because it was. I don’t know about it’s western popularity back then but people I knew did read it, too. I definitely agree that the animation played a big part in boosting its popularity. As I said before, its story at the point at which the anime is at is -in comparison to the rest of the story- pretty bad. At this point I don’t believe it’s the best anime of the year but whenever the next season comes out it will definitely be deserving off all the popularity and praise it receives.
Sep 2, 2019 10:31 AM
Apr 2016
JottaPokka said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

It ran in the most popular and competitive manga magazine for over 3 years and often received colour spreads and covers. So you can't deny it was popular in japan because it was. I don’t know about it’s western popularity back then but people I knew did read it, too. I definitely agree that the animation played a big part in boosting its popularity. As I said before, its story at the point at which the anime is at is -in comparison to the rest of the story- pretty bad. At this point I don’t believe it’s the best anime of the year but whenever the next season comes out it will definitely be deserving off all the popularity and praise it receives.

Fair enough. I can respect that. As for the next season, if you are praising it so, I might as well try and see it for myself.
Re:formed
Sep 2, 2019 10:39 AM
Jul 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:

Translation not being available legally(even now it is still missing some chapters) is one of the reasons it didn't get popular outside of Japan. The series sold 4.5 million for 14 volumes before the anime started.
Sep 2, 2019 2:08 PM

Aug 2015
yessu. i think ufotable made a great job! ins't boring to me and i just want to watch more and more.

Sep 2, 2019 2:48 PM

May 2015
it's 2 years that the manga is almost all the time first in jump rankings.
nanashi796Sep 2, 2019 2:51 PM
Sep 2, 2019 7:50 PM

Sep 2013
Revoltage1022 said:
Rastafa21 said:
It's objectively the best, no contest. Anyone who says otherwise has bad taste. Episode 19 is the best episode in anime history. All other anime this year have either been disappointing or mediocre.
Come on dude "anime history" the only thing good about this episode is the last 2 minutes of animation otherwise its just another average episode and there are tons of other great anime episodes that are way better than this one.
Those 2 minutes we're orgasmic so it is the GOAT episode.

On a serious note in addition to the final minutes of the episode, the build up to the fight and the struggles of the character we're greatly executed. But if I'm being completely honest it's not close for me it being the best episode of all time. That's reserver for other animes like the ones in my favorites. And as of demon slayer itself it's a good and very entertaining show, ill leave it at that and wait to see what else it has to offer.
sic mundus
Sep 2, 2019 7:53 PM

Sep 2013
Klad said:
Rastafa21 said:
It's objectively the best, no contest. Anyone who says otherwise has bad taste. Episode 19 is the best episode in anime history. All other anime this year have either been disappointing or mediocre.
I think you're being sarcastic no?
^ yeah I was trying to be cringe. It still one of the best episodes of the year, that at least is objective.
sic mundus
Sep 3, 2019 7:52 AM

May 2016
no
Not even in top 5

To me it felt like some badly writen show on drugs imo
Sep 3, 2019 8:04 AM

May 2018
It won't win the AOTY award but maybe it will win the best animation award (if there is one).
Rider9530Sep 3, 2019 1:34 PM
Sep 3, 2019 9:54 AM

Jan 2015
AlphaOmegaKnight said:
no
Not even in top 5

Explain yourself, please. I’m interested
Sep 3, 2019 10:00 AM

Oct 2018
AlphaOmegaKnight said:
no
Not even in top 5

Says the guy who watched 1 episode only(according to your list)

If you really have watched only the first episode, then your opinion counts absolutely nothing.
Sep 3, 2019 9:34 PM

May 2009
AlphaOmegaKnight said:
no
Not even in top 5

State you top 5 then!
Sep 4, 2019 10:39 AM

Sep 2016
Kimetsu no Yaiba may be the AOTS for Summer, but not AOTY as animes like Attack on Titan S3P2, Mob Psycho 100 2 and The Promised Neverland are also well done.
Sep 4, 2019 11:49 AM
Jun 2015
In going with Vinland Saga. Canute. Thorkell, and Askaledd are the reason why.
Sep 4, 2019 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
The Promised Neverland, Vinland Saga, Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin - Advent of the Red Comet, Attack on Titan S3 Part 2 and Dororo are good too.
removed-userSep 4, 2019 1:22 PM
Sep 4, 2019 7:21 PM
Feb 2019
Samoan said:
laviha said:
So people are just gonna ignore the average plot because of that 3 minutes of episode 19 and call it aoty?

Levi vs beast titan was better imo
laviha said:
So people are just gonna ignore the average plot because of that 3 minutes of episode 19 and call it aoty?

Levi vs beast titan was better imo
people also ignore the average plot in snk and mob and they call it aoty for mob it just the animation fight scene that make people hyped more and it the same for snk people start hyped with levi vs beast titan in snk s3p1 even before they animated in snks3p2 and You can't compare one show in his beginning to another in his penultimate season.if it not for the studios who make those anime with thes animation they wont get that much hype in the end all of them are shounin with different story

If I asked you about the plot of SnK, and then you tried to explain it... it will just be funny, because what's so average about it?
Can you define "average"??
I don't know if you read too many manga or watch many shows but SnK's plot is very original and that was one of its strongest aspects about its success and hype, when people talk about the show they talk about the story itself more than anything.

And if you're talking about S3 part 3 we were more worried about our characters and we were hyped for the basement more than anything, we didn't even know that Levi will face the beast Titan?? Now, this part is gone and people are still so excited about S4 because of the coming war, so Levi and beast Titan what?

It seems like Kimetsu's fans only want to bring out the animation aspect to justify their favorite show, therefore they are only mentioning the Levi Vs. Beast Titan, when SnK has been always a hype since 2013.
Sep 4, 2019 7:26 PM
Feb 2019
Definitely not. It deserves best animation of the year (although I would wait to see BNHA first) but the story is nowhere as good as SnK, Vinland Saga, TPN and Dororo.

It's just the same as most shounen battle animes, so why it should win, when you have other animes with better themes and plots and characters?
I just don't understand. (I'm not hating on Shounen, I love it, but to win AOTY, the show has to be different and have an actual great plot!)

And if we are talking about battles then Mob was amazing too and BNHA will come soon.
Sep 4, 2019 11:44 PM

Aug 2014
No. I liked this anime's first 10-12 episodes but after that it just got worse and worse for me. With the introduction of those 2 abominable side characters (Zenitsu and Inosuke) the show just got more and more melodramatic. I appreciated this show for approaching the battle shonen genre differently but now it's just become more and more typical. I dropped my score down from a 6 to a 4 after episode 19. The amount of plot convenience/armor and deus ex machina was too ridiculous. And after seeing episode 22, it seems the mangaka is now embracing melodramatic characters.

I haven't watched all too many anime this year, but if people really consider this AOTY material then that's a shame. Personally, the AOTY contender to me so far are Mob Psycho II, Snk S3 part 2, TPN, and potentially, Vinland Saga. But KnY? I wouldn't put this in a top anything list, maybe disappointments.
Sep 6, 2019 9:55 AM
Jul 2019
Breh did you see Aot season 3 part 2?. The plot twist was so mind blowing and God tier written. If anything, Aot should be AOTY coming closer is other goats like Promised Neverland etc..
Sep 6, 2019 10:21 AM

May 2015
prepare for that 9.00+ of the next season and for 9.20+ of the 3rd season,this season score is too damn high,8.75 is ridiculous.
this should be 8.20 for mal standards,8.75 is good for the second season.
nanashi796Sep 6, 2019 10:31 AM
Sep 6, 2019 10:34 AM

Oct 2018
nanashi796 said:
prepare for that 9.00+ of the next season and for 9.20+ of the 3rd season,this season score is too damn high,8.75 is ridiculous.

Considering how much people(including me) love the first season, which is basically a prologue to the story (as I've heard), season 2/3 will definitely have 9+
Sep 6, 2019 10:42 AM

May 2015
-Aincrad- said:
nanashi796 said:

Considering how much people(including me) love the first season, which is basically a prologue to the story (as I've heard), season 2/3 will definitely have 9+
next season is at another level and 3rd season will be even better than the second,it's one of the few shounen that gets better as time progresses,and yes this season it's pretty much a prologue and introduction of the characters.
the character development of every character is insane.
Sep 6, 2019 11:04 AM

Apr 2019
No its not.

Animation A++
Story is solid but average and straight forward
Dialogue is fucking garbage, the Author has no idea how to write decent dialogue and its the same over and over
Characterization is hard to rate overall, because on one side you have excellently written Backstories and Characterization for a large amount of Characters which really adds value, and on the other side a lot of Characters are just fucking obnoxious and annoying, while they might even be still Characterized well, which you could say kind of ties into annoying dialogue.
This is a huge minus of this Show.
The pace is kinda meh in the mid Episodes.
The directing is on fucking point, Sound and Visual directing are fantastic, especially in the battles.. and especially ep19.
Overall pretty good i guess, but definitely not remotely the best of 2019, i wouldn't put it in the top 5 even lol.
You son of a .. turtle

Sep 7, 2019 5:11 AM

Oct 2017
After Attack on Titan, yes.
Sep 8, 2019 5:55 AM
Feb 2019
Demon Slayer isn't even the best anime of the season. It is your basic shounen. There is nothing above average about it except the animation.

The dialogue is mediocre at best.

The characters come across as one-dimesional, and the pillars that were introduced are just caricatures. There is no depth at all.

The plot is your run of the mill, shounen protaganist runs around fighting things and then fighting stronger things until he eventually faces the big bad.

This anime is overhyped. There is nothing groundbreaking here.
Sep 17, 2019 11:17 AM
May 2017
NorbiZ said:
After Attack on Titan, yes.

I see you're a man of culture
Sep 18, 2019 3:01 AM
Jun 2013
IMO far behind AoT, Vinland saga, JoJo, Neverland, Dororo and possibly new seasons of Psycho-Pass and Hero Academia.

Sole animation and hype can't suddenly make this anime best of 2019.
Sep 18, 2019 3:06 AM
Jul 2018
I think I can understand why people like Demon Slayer, but not why they'd think it's one of the best anime of 2019. I think Mob Psycho 100 S2, The Promised Neverland, Dr. Stone, and especially Vinland Saga, beat it by a long shot.
Sep 18, 2019 4:47 AM

Dec 2009
I thought Attack on titan was given that title? Kimetsu is good show,I give it a solid 8 but not sure if its the best anime of this year.
JaemaeSep 23, 2019 7:14 AM
Sep 18, 2019 9:04 AM

Jul 2019
-Aincrad- said:
LalatinaDarkness said:

I remember it being 8.2+ before ep 19.

You are very wrong.

Before episode 19, the anime had 8.51. What is more, it wasn't even below 8.5 at all, not even once.

The only time it had 8.3 score was because of a glitch, which was fixed in an hour.
I am half agreeing and half disagreeing with you.
You are right that the show had 8.51 rating before ep.19. So, it was already solid 8.5 whereas the show rating did went below 8.5 not just only(if any) because of glitch. For example (little old but will give u an idea):

Here is the progress of KNY anime through each episodes according to what I gathered my information about it and wrote it sometime ago.

Serial No. --------------- 5 out of 5
Ep.1 ----------------------65.63%
Ep.2 ----------------------69.45%
Ep.3 ----------------------69.74%
Ep.4 ----------------------86.72%
Ep.5 ----------------------74.36%
Ep.6 ----------------------75.61%
Ep.7 ----------------------84.25%
Ep.8 ----------------------79.52%
Ep.9 ----------------------72.41%
Ep.10 ---------------------72.31%
Ep.11 ---------------------50.18%
Ep.12 ---------------------70.27%
Ep.13 ---------------------66.32%
Ep.14 ---------------------66.18%
Ep.15 ---------------------65.05%
Ep.16 ---------------------82.40%
Ep.17 ---------------------83.51%
Ep.18 ---------------------83.15%
Ep.19 ---------------------97.09%
Average ------------------74.43%

Actually the rating of KNY was increasing slowly from sometime even before episode 19 came out but a sudden increase from 8.51 to above come is due to ep.19. By what I mean "that it was increasing before" is that ep.16, ep.17 and ep.18 all three were well received whereas there are episodes which lead to decrease it's rating. After ep. 19 none of the episodes able to hit or cross 80% which shows that sure the show was 8.51 before ep.19 but after ep.19 aired it mostly alone is taking the score to higher positions.
puneetsinghSep 18, 2019 9:08 AM
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Sep 18, 2019 1:25 PM
Nov 2016
I don't trust the ratings in MAL, the ratings on this website doesn't mean shit but I'll tell you something, this anime would probably have a better rating if it wasn't for Zenitsu.

There are dozens of people like me that was forced to give this anime a lower rating because of that fucking retarded noisy character, I initially gave this a 10/10 and would probably have stayed there but since Zenitsu came into the picture I had to lower it to 8/10 and I'm being too generous with the anime here, I thought about lowering it a bit more, others did the same and others gave it a much lower rating before dropping the anime thanks to that annoying retarded character.

The rating from this anime is still pretty damn good though but I don't think this anime is better than the other masterpieces like Death Note or One Punch Man S01 and this anime has a better rating than those anime. This is why I say the rating from this website doesn't mean shit.
xZabuzaxSep 18, 2019 1:39 PM
Sep 18, 2019 1:46 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
-Aincrad- said:
LalatinaDarkness said:

I remember it being 8.2+ before ep 19.

You are very wrong.

Before episode 19, the anime had 8.51. What is more, it wasn't even below 8.5 at all, not even once.

The only time it had 8.3 score was because of a glitch, which was fixed in an hour.

yea sure, not like it was sub 8.5 the entire first cour
Sep 18, 2019 2:05 PM

Oct 2018
puneetsingh said:
-Aincrad- said:

You are very wrong.

Actually the rating of KNY was increasing slowly from sometime even before episode 19 came out but a sudden increase from 8.51 to above come is due to ep.19. By what I mean "that it was increasing before" is that ep.16, ep.17 and ep.18 all three were well received whereas there are episodes which lead to decrease it's rating. After ep. 19 none of the episodes able to hit or cross 80% which shows that sure the show was 8.51 before ep.19 but after ep.19 aired it mostly alone is taking the score to higher positions.

That happens all the time with anime, it's not like KnY has the first one to go through this, to have its score increase because of one outstanding episode

A few ones just from this year:
- Mob Psycho 100 II
- SnK 3/2
- Given
Sep 18, 2019 3:11 PM

Nov 2013
My hero academia will end up being "the best" because of reasons...
Sep 19, 2019 3:23 AM

Jul 2019
-Aincrad- said:
puneetsingh said:

That happens all the time with anime, it's not like KnY has the first one to go through this, to have its score increase because of one outstanding episode

- Mob Psycho 100 II
- SnK 3/2
- Given
I was replying to the answer u said that it never went down 8.5 outside(only with glitch) because it did went down even without glitch but come back again to 8.5 due to its solid episodes(not because of ep.19). For mob psycho 100, I would say that it had about 3 episodes in 90's for 5/5 whereas Aot has even more. I don't know about given but there is a 5th season of a long name anime which also have high rated episodes. The only difference is that KNY surpassed each episode of AOT, mob psycho 100 and 5th long name anime season who have their episode/episodes in 90's %age, "with its episode 19 by having above 96% 5/5" as no one have that high %age for one episode but for multiple 90's% episodes AOT and others surpass KNY.
puneetsinghSep 19, 2019 3:34 AM
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Sep 21, 2019 11:27 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
puneetsingh said:
-Aincrad- said:

- Mob Psycho 100 II
- SnK 3/2
- Given
I was replying to the answer u said that it never went down 8.5 outside(only with glitch) because it did went down even without glitch but come back again to 8.5 due to its solid episodes(not because of ep.19). For mob psycho 100, I would say that it had about 3 episodes in 90's for 5/5 whereas Aot has even more. I don't know about given but there is a 5th season of a long name anime which also have high rated episodes. The only difference is that KNY surpassed each episode of AOT, mob psycho 100 and 5th long name anime season who have their episode/episodes in 90's %age, "with its episode 19 by having above 96% 5/5" as no one have that high %age for one episode but for multiple 90's% episodes AOT and others surpass KNY.

Symphogear s5 has 5 episodes in the 90%'s thus far, the lowest episode sits at 86.60% and the highest at 94.44%.
Sep 23, 2019 2:46 AM

Jun 2017
God no. Not even the best one this season.
Signature.
Sep 23, 2019 2:54 AM

Dec 2013
-Aincrad- said:
About my own opinion:
It's definitely one of the best this year(maybe the best) so far

Your opinion doesn't really matter with that mean score though.
Any crap is 8+ for you. Just plebs being plebs.
Sep 23, 2019 3:24 AM

Oct 2018
Kamiyan3991 said:
-Aincrad- said:
About my own opinion:
It's definitely one of the best this year(maybe the best) so far

Here we go again, the shittiest argument ever existed.

Not like care even a little bit about your opinion either, so...
-Aincrad-Sep 23, 2019 3:48 AM
Sep 23, 2019 6:03 AM

Sep 2019
-Aincrad- said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

Here we go again, the shittiest argument ever existed.

Not like care even a little bit about your opinion either, so...
Yeah judging fans like that is not a good thing. U r a fan of the show and it's good. People like to attack for these kind of things. It's not like it is Boku no pico. 8+ score: actually, it's a good thing that you are enjoying pretty much this medium, hmm more likely u choose carefully what to watch, I guess, my fellow hooman .
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Sep 23, 2019 6:36 AM

May 2012
8.8 ?? The score is too high

I like this show, but it is not even close to being best anime this year or even this season. Vinland Saga is way better.

Yakusoku no Neverland, Dororo, Attacck on titan, Jojo part 5 are also better

People started to overrated this anime after episode 19. The score jumped from 8.5 to 8.8
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Stray - Sep 7, 2019

221 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2019

351 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

302 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2019

281 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1095 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 1:30 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.