Forum Settings
Forums

Netflix is a terrible company that doesn't care about the anime industry whatsoever

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 15, 2019 8:02 PM
The Color Morale

Apr 2018
Byleth-Kun said:
syncrogazer said:

wut. Torrents can download at way faster speeds than what is required to stream shitty kissanime MP4s.

Hmm, maybe it's the comically awful interface, the shitty hardsubbed re-encodes, or the fact that they profit off of the works of other people, whether in the anime industry or the community who does fansubbing and encoding for free. No torrent site I use has ads, and whether I can block them is besides the point.

I mean streaming sucks anyway. You can't archive anything (who the fuck rips streams lol) and you have no control over the source of what you're watching. I laugh whenever I see someone upload subs that have been machine translated, which happens sometimes for new releases like movies, because I know the shitty streaming sites are going to steal them and host them forever, even after better subs or a better encode is released. I mean you people do realize that kissanime steals everything they have from torrent sites, right?

But are there really anime pirates who've never seen a proper BD encode that they can say with a straight face that pirate streams look good on a decently sized TV? Seriously?

Yeah, I mainly dont use kissanime despite knowing the work arounds to the ads because they ban you for like a week if they spot you doing it cause "muh money income even though my gig isnt legal how dare you"
Gotta love how an illegal website making money off others work gets pissy if you use any sort of ad block on their site and bans you
This made the site a joke to me, they used to be great and not so ad filled and selfish like that, but that changed when they got bigger.
What? Torrents downloading faster than an MP4 loading? What are you smoking. Getting pieces of files from seeders all over the world is extremely slow while loading an MP4 takes several seconds to a minute at most. You probably have a 1st gen processor and Video card. No way should a Torrent download faster than streaming a video even on kiss. Once again, what the fuck are you smoking cause I want some.
Aug 15, 2019 8:04 PM

Jul 2013
I don't really care Netflix originals in general... Let alone the anime they have. But I'm willing to say I enjoyed the Ultraman anime. But that's just me and my bias of tokusatsu

Aug 15, 2019 8:07 PM

Jul 2007
Netflix is actually saving anime. Baki and Kengan Ashura are fucking awesome and better than most anime from 2018 and 2019 so far.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Aug 15, 2019 9:55 PM

Mar 2016
Wavey_Nooby said:
What? Torrents downloading faster than an MP4 loading? What are you smoking. Getting pieces of files from seeders all over the world is extremely slow while loading an MP4 takes several seconds to a minute at most. You probably have a 1st gen processor and Video card. No way should a Torrent download faster than streaming a video even on kiss. Once again, what the fuck are you smoking cause I want some.

Reading comprehension? Whether your internet is really fast or just okay, it still takes you 22 minutes to download (stream) an episode lol. In terms of start/end times I can torrent 13 episodes way faster than it takes you to watch one, but this is obviously a ridiculous comparison, because people don't torrent if they want the immediacy of streams and after a certain point it doesn't matter how fast your internet is when you use kissanime. (though while I never found it necessary to do so, it is certainly possible to 'stream' files while torrenting them as long as the down speed is faster than whatever the bitrate is). But you're the one who brought up internet speed.

And don't get mad at me because your ISP is throttling your connection., honestly you act like the last time you torrented something was off piratebay in 2008.

None of this shit matters to me though, because I don't need to click a link on some site and watch something right then and there. Pulling down 20 or so gigs in one go, and then watching high-quality files through my own media player, is more my thing. But this has been off-topic for the thread for a while, so have fun doing whatever.
syncrogazerAug 15, 2019 10:14 PM
Aug 16, 2019 3:26 AM
The Color Morale

Apr 2018
syncrogazer said:
Wavey_Nooby said:

Reading comprehension? Whether your internet is really fast or just okay, it still takes you 22 minutes to download (stream) an episode lol. In terms of start/end times I can torrent 13 episodes way faster than it takes you to watch one, but this is obviously a ridiculous comparison, because people don't torrent if they want the immediacy of streams and after a certain point it doesn't matter how fast your internet is when you use kissanime. (though while I never found it necessary to do so, it is certainly possible to 'stream' files while torrenting them as long as the down speed is faster than whatever the bitrate is). But you're the one who brought up internet speed.

And don't get mad at me because your ISP is throttling your connection., honestly you act like the last time you torrented something was off piratebay in 2008.

None of this shit matters to me though, because I don't need to click a link on some site and watch something right then and there. Pulling down 20 or so gigs in one go, and then watching high-quality files through my own media player, is more my thing. But this has been off-topic for the thread for a while, so have fun doing whatever.
I'll help you out a bit. TL;DR I hate Kissanime and you should hate it too because I hate it.
Aug 16, 2019 3:39 AM
Jul 2018
pirate your anime and be done with it sis
no need to write a novella
Aug 16, 2019 3:44 AM
Apr 2017
EndlessMaria said:
Netflix is actually saving anime. Baki and Kengan Ashura are fucking awesome and better than most anime from 2018 and 2019 so far.
Oh well, opinions are like arses at the end of the day, each has his/her own.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Aug 16, 2019 5:50 AM

Mar 2016
Wavey_Nooby said:
I'll help you out a bit. TL;DR I hate Kissanime and you should hate it too because I hate it.

before you tl;dr someone else's post, improve your reading skils pls. like that post has barely anything to do with my opinion on kissanime lmao.
syncrogazerAug 16, 2019 6:01 AM
Aug 16, 2019 8:37 AM

Apr 2015
I can't watch anime on Netflix where I have to read subtitles. They don't bother subbing signs, so some shows like Saiki K are unwatchable.
Aug 16, 2019 9:23 AM

Jan 2019
syncrogazer said:
Wavey_Nooby said:

I don't understand how you think it takes 22 minutes to download an episode. There are a plethora of tools to instantly rip/download MP4 files, usually taking only 2-5 minutes an episode. And remember, torrenting is only fast when there is an adequate number of seeders. As I said before, less popular shows are impossible to find, and even if they are being seeded it is usually by 1-2 people max and can take hours depending on their location.

I never actually watch shows in kiss, like you I prefer to have the files and play them at my leisure, which is why I download everything I watch.
Aug 16, 2019 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
first Netflix is a business, a public one at that, and their responsibility is to make money. As related to Anime I'm guessing they look to it for two reasons, to help keep their base and to grow their base. Anime probably helps to some extent by providing more content which they are currently loosing in some cases. I'm guessing they probably have little interest in Anime itself. Is there a reason they should? If what I read on this forum is true, that many, not all, anime and manga companies don't really seem to care their employees. It was even brought up in this thread. So why should Netflix?

for those on the why not simulcast, new seasons only, and think the cost is the same as buying at the end I'm guessing it is cost related more then anything else. Do I have proof nope. Consider this when you air new season as it basically original. The day after the last episode for a season airs it is not original and that season becomes a rerun, think syndicated in a way. Under normal circumstances I would be surprised to see any company pay more for reruns then original.

Don't get me wrong I understand that you would love it if Netflix decided to take anime on as a special project but to get upset that they don't when it is not their business too seems unreasonable.
Aug 16, 2019 10:40 AM

Sep 2018
Netflix is a company. A company only cares about their profits. In the beginning putting anime on their website helped it's growth, it probably still does. They don't care about the anime industry nor do they care about the movie industry. They only care about their profits and people paying for their subscriptions. That's why they buy series and movie so that other websites can't use them.
Aug 16, 2019 11:17 AM

Mar 2016
DiscoDespot said:
I don't understand how you think it takes 22 minutes to download an episode.

That's not what I said at all. I'm talking about sitting down and watching it as a stream, as in it takes the same amount of time to stream/watch an episode no matter how fast someone's internet is (as long as it doesn't buffer etc.). Which is why arguing about internet speeds, in the context of the convo with the other user, is ridiculous...which I thought I made quite clear. Like I don't know how I could make it more clear.

DiscoDespot said:
I never actually watch shows in kiss, like you I prefer to have the files and play them at my leisure, which is why I download everything I watch.

Don't want to harp on it, I mean do whatever's convenient for you, but ripping from a streaming site makes no sense to me unless it's the absolute last resort. I'd say I watch a decent amount of obscure stuff and almost never have the accessibility problems you're talking about. To put it into perspective, sites like kissanime have only been my 'last resort' maybe 3 times at most, and that's considering everything I have on my list. I am always able to find an alternative, whether DDL or just literally buying the discs. But again, my watching habits don't require immediate access, and even with that, I can't think of any recent downloads (even ones with 2 or 3 seeds) that took more than an hour. I can't deny that Kissanime is basically an archive at this point, but that alone doesn't make it a desirable site to use. But I don't know, I like my mkvs and decent encodes.
syncrogazerAug 16, 2019 11:25 AM
Aug 16, 2019 11:26 AM

Aug 2018
Crunchyroll is shit because they don't give a shit about my country and many others, almost everything is region locked. Netflix and Prime at least have anime available for most places I believe. I agree that they should stream episodes weekly, Prime does this so I'll say they're the best anime streaming service here.

I want Netflix to have more actual exclusive anime like Devilman Crybaby, that way the anime doesn't have to be censored and we get to binge watch the entire season in one go which is the model I prefer nowadays. Also I hope this leads to more anime having bigger budgets as well. Anyways I don't primarily use Netflix for anime so them having anime is just a bonus to me. Same for Prime, I have it for other reasons but being able to stream Vinland Saga is freaking awesome.
xLoopAug 16, 2019 11:30 AM
<Insert clever quote>
Aug 16, 2019 12:40 PM

Jun 2015
never had nutfucks, dont think I ever will. anime has nothin to do with them anyway.

I did pay sony for marvel animes, dont think I will, just continue to private.
Aug 16, 2019 5:36 PM

Apr 2017
Also, the sun rises, the sky is blue, horses have hooves, ducks like water.
Awoo :3
Aug 17, 2019 12:00 AM
Jul 2018
The entire western half of the anime industry is garbage. Buy your shit right from Japan and support the studios and animators directly.
Aug 17, 2019 5:39 PM

Jan 2018
Any non Japanese anime company, please avoid it. Thank you, next.
Aug 17, 2019 6:54 PM

Dec 2018
Ah yes, the good ol gei shit in Evangelion is mournfully eradicated. It sure is hard to get over that... My sincere condolence to also the "I'm so fucked up" and "How disgustin" sigh.

Seriously tho, they messed some shows up quite bad, it's hard to condone sometimes you know.
. . .
Aug 17, 2019 7:29 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I mean, I don't think anyone expected Netflix to be serious about anime. Not to mention we dont need some other competitor in the space if you ask me. I'm fine with just using CR's service and watching everything else on other websites.
Aug 17, 2019 8:12 PM

Feb 2019
They brought me Angel Beats and VE so I'm ok with them, I don't pay for the subscription so meh. Better quality than crunchyroll
Aug 17, 2019 10:21 PM
Jul 2018
Oh, a number of people were saying they could save the industry and make anime "more mainstream" than it already was. Now that they've totally failed at winning over the general public and pissing off the fans, they're another in the pile of trash licensers.
Aug 17, 2019 10:29 PM
Apr 2016
I love the anime on Netflix, I think they’ve done a great job at making good anime series available for the huge amount of people who use Netflix. They give u a variety of anime to watch that I otherwise would never have heard about, such as aldnoah zero and gargantia on verdurous planet. They also make new anime series that are surprisingly good like cannon busters. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ definetly better then crunchy roll
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

32 by Daviljoe193 »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

215 by ISeeLifePeople »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 2 hours ago

7 by BitChilly »»
6 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 7 hours ago

24 by Coaghim »»
6 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - 8 hours ago

5 by Otakupervert890 »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.