Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 16, 2019 8:41 PM

Aug 2018
So I am a big anime fan and I want to get my parents into it to. We are not an asian family we are more ghetto so I feel they will make fun of me. If anyone has some family friendly anime with no sexual stuff they would like to recommend please do. I am planning on watching this one anime with them tonight here is an episode of that anime https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcHCHQWV4TQ
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2019 8:44 PM

Jul 2017
Watch something like Gekkan Shoujo or Love Lab, good comedy and little to no ecchiness. Or pick a good sports one like Haikyuu or Run with the Wind, those are usually good rides
Jul 16, 2019 8:45 PM

May 2010
HoodRamen said:
So I am a big anime fan and I want to get my parents into it to. We are not an asian family we are more ghetto so I feel they will make fun of me. If anyone has some family friendly anime with no sexual stuff they would like to recommend please do. I am planning on watching this one anime with them tonight here is an episode of that anime https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcHCHQWV4TQ

Have you heard of Boku no Pico? It's a great coming of age romance anime. Highly recommend that one, its better in a family setting

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 16, 2019 8:46 PM

Sep 2018
Death Note is always a good option. It's very widely known, and I don't think they'll have a problem watching it. Though it's not what I'd call family-friendly, I still think that it's worth a watch.

Movies such as Your Name or A Silent Voice are also some things that they might like.
"Literary experts revealed that reviews on sites like MyAnimeList kill more than 200 brain cells per second."

- Joey, "The Anime Man"
Jul 16, 2019 8:46 PM

Nov 2016
Any Ghibli Film Should do the Trick. They are timeless and Anyone can like them. Kind of like a Japanese Disney.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2019 8:54 PM

Dec 2017
Since your name has hood In it and ur family is ghetto.
Check out Gangsta

Jul 16, 2019 9:05 PM

May 2019
Lmao at the person who said Boku No Pico (Definitely DO NOT watch that !!!!). A lot of the popular anime movies are great options. Gives them a taste of anime to see if they like it or not before committing to a full series. I'd suggest Your Name, or any of the Studio Ghibli movies.
Jul 16, 2019 9:11 PM

Mar 2014
Definitely, Death Note. It's perfect for normies
Steam: Turtwigz l Twitter: Turtwigz_
Jul 16, 2019 9:14 PM

Oct 2018
Something like Future Boy Conan should be good. A charming story with great animation and characters.
Jul 16, 2019 9:16 PM

Feb 2014
Watch Cross Game if they're into baseball. Even if they're not, it's a good slice of life romance drama/comedy, and about family and dealing with the loss of loved ones, with next to no fanservice or ecchi jokes.

Alps no Shoujo Heidi. It's pretty old, but a great show nonetheless.

Tokyo Godfathers (movie)

And yeah, +1 to pretty much any Ghibli movie.
Jul 16, 2019 9:58 PM

Feb 2018
I’m surprised no one has mentioned this, but you should watch anime about parent-child relationships with your parent. Anime like usagi drop, maquia, and wolf children (Forgot the japanese name) are fun and wholesome at the same time.

Case in point, I got my mom to watch a k-drama called mother (she’s far better at korean than me), and by the end I was handing her a tissue box.

If you're reading this,

You must be really bored.
Jul 16, 2019 10:00 PM

Mar 2018
Johan said:
HoodRamen said:

Have you heard of Boku no Pico? It's a great coming of age romance anime. Highly recommend that one, its better in a family setting

Fuck you and every person that thinks that joke is funny.
Don't fall for it OP, it's a hentai.
Jul 17, 2019 4:32 PM
Dec 2017
If you like mystery:
-Bungou Stray Dogs
-Yakusoku no Neverland
-Death Note
-Blast of Tempest
-Erased

If you don't mind gore/violence/suggested violence:
-91 Days
-Another
-Juuni Taisen
-Parasyte
-Danganronpa

Other anime you should try:
-Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens (It's very fun to watch.)
-Hakkenden (There are a few jokes here and there but it's fine other than that.)
-Gakuen Babysitters (It's cute but also somewhat of a tearjerker at times.)

Jul 17, 2019 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
Death Note
Monster
Perfect anime for adults who want to watch something mature.

Profesori said:
I'd definitely recommend "Erased". I think they'd probably like it.

Erased is definitely one of the more mature anime, but it still has a really "anime" art style that I think might turn off some adults a bit.
Jul 17, 2019 4:47 PM
Feb 2015
Ping Pong the Animation is what you are looking for
Jul 17, 2019 6:12 PM

Aug 2018
Death Note
Some random ghibli film
Kaiji:Ultimate survivor
Monster
Gungrave(Skip ep1)
Jul 18, 2019 2:22 AM

Jul 2019
Silent Voice and Your Name maybe. Also K-on or lucky star as well.

Never explain,
Never retract,
Never apologize
Just get the thing done
And let them howl
Jul 18, 2019 3:30 AM

May 2018
How about some seinen/josei or titles with a bit more mature themes like Fate/Zero, Gankutsuou, Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (maybe the reboot just to test the space opera waters), Hachimitsu to Clover, Jin-Rou, Kaguya-hime no Monogatari, Memories, Monster, Natsume Yuujinchou, Paprika, Planetes, Stranger: Mukou Hadan, Tokyo Godfathers and Yomigaeru Sora: Rescue Wings?
alshuJul 18, 2019 4:55 AM
Jul 18, 2019 3:41 AM
Jul 2018
All Ghibli movies
All movies from Shinkai and Hosoda
In this Corner of the World
A Silent Voice
Big Fish & Begonia
Maquia
The Anthem of the Heart
Patema Inverted
The Light of a Firefly Forest
I want to eat your Pancreas

Movies are better to introduce people, I think. Even for 12 episodes you need patience and find time to watch all episodes together. Movies with beautiful art and story might leave a great first impression.
Jul 18, 2019 3:46 AM

Aug 2017
- Hataraku Saibou (Cells At Work)
- Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no
Ue. (My Roommate is a Cat)
Jul 18, 2019 3:52 AM

May 2014
I think movies are the way to go at first. Films by Ghibli and Mamoru Hosoda are a good choice. They won't take much time to watch as well compared to a series.

If you want a series though, then Death Note is the best one to start with in my opinion.
Jul 18, 2019 3:53 AM

May 2017
I watched 91 Days like a year ago together with my parents and they found it pretty nice.
Other than that i would probably suggest any Ghibli or Shinkai movie.

More topics from this board

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 49 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
16 seconds ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 2 hours ago

16 by Lucifrost »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 5 hours ago

14 by Lucifrost »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - Yesterday

42 by Doutei-kun »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

30 by 707supremacist »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.