Forum Settings
Forums

The anime you loved very much but is dead for long, or dying?

New
Jul 12, 2019 1:33 PM

Aug 2018
There was a time when I have one but now the anime is dead for me too (QB series).๐Ÿ˜‚
H_LightstoneMay 15, 2020 10:18 PM

"The most amazing and interesting story in this world ever existed is the story of the world itself where all stories happened"
-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 12, 2019 3:43 PM
May 2018
If you are taking in terms of an anime not getting a new season then blue exorcist. I really wanted to see the story develop and see where it would lead to.
Jul 12, 2019 7:50 PM

Mar 2014
The World God only Knows & Kore wa zombie desu ka :(
Steam: Turtwigz l Twitter: Turtwigz_
Jul 12, 2019 7:52 PM

Jan 2009
Gundam or mecha in general is dying but im not complaining if it will be replace by some powersuits made with nanomachines though like Iron-man have
Jul 13, 2019 9:02 PM
Jul 2018
Ranma 1/2. It's always going to have its fans, but both they (myself included) and the anime itself is seriously beginning to die-off. I think even a few of the Japanese voice actors for that series have already passed away. Either they do something with the series like they did with creating a 13th OVA for it or else it's just going to be lost in history.
Jul 13, 2019 9:55 PM

Jun 2016
One Piece. It's dying in quality since the timeskip
Jul 13, 2019 10:20 PM

Sep 2015
Garo: Vanishing Line. With a few tweaks to the plot and the camera work, it would have been a classic. It didn't grab that many people, so it's unlikely it will get a second season.
Jul 13, 2019 10:33 PM

Aug 2017
Devilman:crybaby. I remember when everybody talked about it and even non-anime fans watched it. Now everybody is forgetting about his existence
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2019 11:54 PM

Dec 2013
I was wondering when will Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Nichijou have a second season. I think they deserve more than one season TvT

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Jul 14, 2019 2:35 AM

Aug 2018
SuguChan said:
Ranma 1/2. It's always going to have its fans, but both they (myself included) and the anime itself is seriously beginning to die-off. I think even a few of the Japanese voice actors for that series have already passed away. Either they do something with the series like they did with creating a 13th OVA for it or else it's just going to be lost in history.
Yes Suguha-chan I know the feeling about when your favorite voice actors not doing voice acting for your favorite character anymore.

"The most amazing and interesting story in this world ever existed is the story of the world itself where all stories happened"
-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 14, 2019 2:38 AM

Aug 2018
Edocchi said:
I don't think OP is dying because it's on the screens of many people.

-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 14, 2019 2:43 AM

Apr 2018
Log Horizon was one of the few isekai I really enjoyed.

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Jul 14, 2019 2:45 AM

Apr 2018
_kukiyomenai said:
I was wondering when will Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Nichijou have a second season. I think they deserve more than one season TvT

Dear lord same. I miss Nozaki-kun a hell ton.

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Jul 14, 2019 2:49 AM

Nov 2011
Nyan Koi! I don't know why, but I really did enjoy that series. It's just a shame as there is not only no S2, but the mangaka had stepped away due to health issues.

Nothing really has happened since. It's always sad to see the characters just disappear into obscurity and for a story go unfinished.

Rayinator said:
_kukiyomenai said:

Dear lord same. I miss Nozaki-kun a hell ton.

Nozaki-kun absolutely needs an S2. I don't think it will ever 'die' as it's still holding strong, but damn I want more.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jul 14, 2019 3:12 AM
Jul 2018
Lightstone said:
Edocchi said:

OP is definitely not dead

For my choice, basically half of the anime in my favorites are dying in terms of popularity. Heck even popular shows like Haruhi, Black Butler and Durarara have fanbases that are almost dying.

I can clearly understand why because they have gotten into a state where people decided to move on from those shows and get into newer ones.
Jul 14, 2019 3:19 AM
Sep 2014
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Wish the anime adapted at least the Shimon arc. The closest thing it got recently is a short cross-over special with ฤ“lDLIVE and two stage plays...

Rurouni Kenshin

Wish they were not so many fillers after the Kyoto arc as it could have ended there and waited for the manga to advance further or finish publication. The New Kyoto arc OVAs are bad. The live-action movie trilogy is great though and I'm hyped about the next two films.
Jul 14, 2019 3:46 AM

Aug 2018
zieek said:
Shingeki no Kyoujin is it in my case, the 1st season was beloved by me. The 2nd season's only good episodes were the last three or four. The third season shouldn't have been split in two, but it was, so while it's first half in 2018 was like a documentary it's second half somehow pulled through alright. If they were whole it would have faired better, but as it is it's 3rd season was half bad and half decent (not good, but DECENT).
SNK is the most popular high rated anime in the world. And don't understand why you said this.

-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 14, 2019 4:48 AM

Jun 2016
Lightstone said:
Edocchi said:
To me it died long ago. It's been nothing but letdown. But I can't lower my score coz I loved the earlier parts
Jul 14, 2019 4:52 AM

May 2018
You mean as in not getting complete adaptations? Magi, TWGOK, Ghost Hunt, Juuni Kokuki, Beelzebub and Saki too.
Jul 15, 2019 6:42 AM

Aug 2018
Gorochu said:
You mean as in not getting complete adaptations? Magi, TWGOK, Ghost Hunt, Juuni Kokuki, Beelzebub and Saki too.
I mean not complete adaptions as well as people are forgetting about them. It's the scariest thing for me to happening to one of my favorite show. It's same as like they shown in anime "Monster" that, something dies when no one left in the world to call it's name. This the real death. (Monster is not dead but just known to few)
H_LightstoneMay 15, 2020 10:23 PM

-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 15, 2019 2:44 PM

Jul 2013
D. Gray Man is my pick. During its peak, it was one of the most popular shonen mangas of the moment after the Big Three. It even managed to get a long running anime adaptation. Then the hiatuses happened. I heard Hoshino (the mangaka of the series) always had problems with keeping her schedule even when the manga was released week after week, but at some point, due her illness, she was forced to rest for a time, causing one long hiatus that forced the anime to end due lack of source material to adapt. It got so bad that, when Hoshino returned to publish more chapters, the manga was forced to change from weekly to monthly release. This didn’t solved much, as the pacing of the series got slower and more hiatuses came one after another, to the point that I believe there was one who lasted about half and a year. Nowadays, the manga's publication is quarterly (meaning Hoshino only publishes a chapter every 3 months AKA about 4 chapters a year). This made many of its former fans to lose interest in the series, and the popularity of D. Gray Man dropped hard.

There was also an attempt to revive the popularity of the series with a new anime called D. Gray Man Hallow (sequel of the previous one) in 2016, but its notoriety only lasted the season where it was aired, and the project was a complete fiasco. To put things into perspective, it’s not that the sales of the Blu-rays of the anime were bad or anything, but they were literally cancelled, effectively killing any chance of success it could have (since the new series was for the most part mediocre).

Currently, lots of former fans have dropped the series, either for losing interest for the lack of progression of the manga or because they moved onto other more popular things, but not me. It may not be as good as it was during its prime, but it is still one of my favorite shonen mangas, and I’m going to stick with this series till the very end. I have lost any hope to see another anime adaptation (Hallow’s existence was already a miracle), so, for the moment, I will be happy with just seeing the manga finish with a good end, even if it ends in 10 years (that, judging by the pace it is published at the moment, it may be longer than that…).
Jul 15, 2019 3:06 PM

Apr 2019
naruto and bleach are dying,especialy naruto, it's rare to see it new in social media, it was very popular .
Jul 15, 2019 3:20 PM

Dec 2012
So many, literally hundreds. Pretty sure it was over 400 last time I checked. I guess my top 20 "wTF? Get off your ass and adapt this shit" titles are:

Full Metal Panic
Alderamin on the Sky
Spice and Wolf
Claymore
Tokyo Ravens
Sekirei
Yona of the Dawn
Lord Marksman and Vanadis
Snow White With the Red Hair
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Noragami
Drifters
Kingdom
Chivalry of a Failed Knight
Asterisk War
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero
Knights of Sidonia
Twelve Kingdoms
Tokyo ESP
White Album 2
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jul 15, 2019 3:21 PM

Jul 2017
d.gray man i think
i don't even think half of the shounen fandom knows this anime anymore
it was a thing back in 2005 - 2008 because of the hype
Jul 15, 2019 3:22 PM

Dec 2018
I mean, HxH and Berserk are both quite literally dying as well as among my favorites

Edit: also Spice and Wolf
Jul 15, 2019 3:31 PM

Dec 2017
Hideaki Anno's vision for Kare Kano. Rip the best thing ever created

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Jul 15, 2019 3:56 PM

Dec 2012
MAYOII said:
d.gray man i think
i don't even think half of the shounen fandom knows this anime anymore
it was a thing back in 2005 - 2008 because of the hype

I don't think there is enough material. The author has health issues and can't worked on it much so it's always on hiatus. There was a recent short 2nd season called D.Gray-man: Hallow too and I'm not sure what if any material of the manga is left to cover since I don't follow the current chapters.
KruszerJul 15, 2019 4:14 PM
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jul 15, 2019 4:46 PM

Feb 2016
I love Naruto (Shippuuden), but I really dislike it's continuation, namely Boruto.
When thinking of a franchise desperately trying to stay alive (currently as nothing more than a cashcow I expect), Boruto: Naruto Next Generations immediately comes to mind. The artstyle was already rapidly declining during the last couple seasons of Naruto Shippuuden, but personally I hate the very fact that Boruto as a series exists. The art, characters and story have become so bad in Boruto that for me, it isn't even watchable anymore.
I feel that that anime lacks everything that made Naruto enjoyable, therefore I'm gonna go ahead and pretend it doesn't exist.

TaloraelJul 15, 2019 5:15 PM
Jul 15, 2019 6:08 PM

Aug 2009
As much as I wish that it won't be four years for a follow up to Western Wolves...

Jul 15, 2019 7:12 PM

Aug 2018
Maybe Noragami ?
It was popular at that time,but I think people are forgetting it.
Jul 15, 2019 11:40 PM

Aug 2018
Illyricus said:

I am the same as you, heart broken... and can wait years to read/watch the full story.

-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 15, 2019 11:43 PM

Aug 2018
Kruszer said:
I guess my top 20 "wTF? Get off your ass and adapt this shit" titles
XDYou don't need to read this unnecessary statement.

-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 15, 2019 11:47 PM

Aug 2018
Talorael said:

I feel that that anime lacks everything that made Naruto enjoyable, therefore I'm gonna go ahead and pretend it doesn't exist.
This is something which is impossible to do but still we want to do it. The sad thing is, reality don't change.

-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 16, 2019 12:36 AM

Nov 2011
I am still waiting for a new season of Suzumiya Haruhi, they stopped adaptation when it finally became really good ....
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jul 16, 2019 1:28 AM

Sep 2014
IDK about 'dead' because usually my most liked things are either original or full adaptations. But I suppose Medaka Box only got a short adaptation and there doesn't seem to be much talk about it or even fandom to speak of. Kind of a shame, the manga is amazing. It's a great shonen. Better than any other I have seen.
Jul 16, 2019 1:39 AM

Jan 2009
@Illyricus

oh shit i forgot about DGrayman my little brother always demand me to downaload that back in the old days together with Naruto and Bleach (gonna add that on my list) but to be honest its not as action pack like Naruto and Bleach was though for a suppose battle shonen especially on the earlier episodes like i think episode 1 to 40? but the OP and ED songs are great just like most long running anime and the sequel when i have watch it is so bad with its animation compared to the old long TV series and worse i heard from manga readers that they cut a lot of content and rushed that sequel

@Imaishi

im questioning sometimes why the anime adaptation did not sell or improve the sales of the manga of that, Gainax did good in animating it and it would have been great to see the Kumagawa arc at least

Jul 16, 2019 9:49 AM

Jun 2016
Onichich1 said:
Maybe Noragami ?
It was popular at that time,but I think people are forgetting it.

noragami is a masterpiece that shall never be forgotten
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Jul 16, 2019 11:35 AM

Apr 2019
Arslan Senki, Knights of Sidonia and The Inmortal´s Blade.
Jul 16, 2019 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
SuguChan said:

Truee. I just want to see the proper ending animated bruv.
Jul 16, 2019 1:31 PM

Dec 2012
Gingko said:

There was recent news about a Blade of the Immortal reboot. I think they said they were going for a complete adaptation as well.

https://myanimelist.net/news/57663270
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jul 16, 2019 1:35 PM

Jan 2014
NANA. It's been on hiatus for like 10 yrs now ;-; I doubt it will ever get finished. One can dream.
โ˜†ใƒปใ€‚ใƒปใ€‚โ˜†ใƒป(* อก° อœส– อก°) ~Aphotic โ˜†ใƒปใ€‚ใƒปใ€‚โ˜†ใƒปใ‚œ
Jul 16, 2019 1:44 PM
Jul 2019
Yona of the Dawn and Princess Jellyfish. Would love to see them continued or completed.
Jul 16, 2019 1:45 PM

Apr 2019
Kruszer said:
Gingko said:

There was recent news about a Blade of the Immortal reboot. I think they said they were going for a complete adaptation as well.

https://myanimelist.net/news/57663270

Wow, It seems like there is someone with common sense in the industry lol,

I´m very hyped now, I hope they do it right.
Jul 16, 2019 1:52 PM

Dec 2016
Ranma 1/2 and the Slayers series are my picks.

Jul 16, 2019 1:59 PM

Mar 2016
Sadly One Piece and it has been for a while now. I would also like to add Dragon Ball. It's cool that a new audience is being introduced to the franchise but really it should be left alone.
Jul 16, 2019 2:47 PM
Mar 2016
Edocchi said:

Manga is still going somewhat strong, but yeah pre-timeskip>>post-timeskip by far.
Jul 16, 2019 2:54 PM

Jun 2016
shadowblaster5 said:
Edocchi said:

Manga is still going somewhat strong, but yeah pre-timeskip>>post-timeskip by far.
Another reason being the art, paneling and text. Pre-timeskip was more clear and easy to read.

More topics from this board

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - Yesterday

13 by LostSpectre »»
12 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 11 hours ago

34 by Spunkert »»
16 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - Yesterday

32 by Abomination_suah »»
22 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - Yesterday

22 by Cestlavie_ »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 25

79 by IrrelevantGuy »»
30 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.