Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 2, 2020 11:49 PM
Nov 2015
RealTheAbsurdist said:
CHC said:
I don't want simplistic moral teaching and forced positivity.

Very interesting and uncommon answer. Do you know of any anime that have moral teachings and positivity without forcing them?

Barakamon ... They teach many good things withouth telling you , also Honey and clover but people Drop the anime way too much or thing is too pedo when actually is about very Dark tópics like feeling useless but make It work, realising you deserve better than follow a Guy Who dont love you back ... Being utterly nice with the cute girl Who Crush your feelings, is very mature yet people dont see that .... Anyway many joseis or seinens..... Alive of Life animes Talk a lot about loving yourself withouth scrwaming It like Bad shonen ... Full metal alchemist brotherhood even Talk about rule a country withouth having malice (riza say that to Roy) ... Many animes ...
Feb 3, 2020 1:49 AM

Jul 2010
No politics, please. And the mad fanaticism of religion. This is more than enough in life.
May be some anime?
Feb 3, 2020 2:22 AM

Jul 2016
Verdandy said:
No politics, please. And the mad fanaticism of religion. This is more than enough in life.

Agreed i try to avoid these kind of topics as much I can in real life,so i certainly don't want them to seep into anime as well.
Feb 3, 2020 4:23 AM

Dec 2014
A lot of gore
Historical anime (gets boring)
Mecha (just can't enjoy robots fighting)
Slow pacing anime
Annoying MCs
Heavy Ecchi (I don't mind light fan service)
Feb 3, 2020 4:40 AM

Nov 2018
Left-wing progressive politics and pandering. Everything that gets woke fails miserably.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Feb 3, 2020 6:36 AM
Jul 2018
These days I find myself not wanting the setting of the story to be in school.. I'm not really against it, I will watch or read anything that's good but initially, I kinda prefer it wasn't set in school.

That's one of the things that pops into my mind..

And these days I seem to be preferring a small cast or stories that focus on very few (1-3) characters at once. IDK if it's because of a burnout I got from reading manga and watching anime with large cast..
Feb 3, 2020 6:48 AM

Apr 2019
RealTheAbsurdist said:
I don't want:
-Unnecessary incest
Do you happen to have some example(s) of necessary incest at hand?

Feb 3, 2020 6:51 AM

Sep 2019
freizel said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:

Very interesting and uncommon answer. Do you know of any anime that have moral teachings and positivity without forcing them?

Barakamon ... They teach many good things withouth telling you , also Honey and clover but people Drop the anime way too much or thing is too pedo when actually is about very Dark tópics like feeling useless but make It work, realising you deserve better than follow a Guy Who dont love you back ... Being utterly nice with the cute girl Who Crush your feelings, is very mature yet people dont see that .... Anyway many joseis or seinens..... Alive of Life animes Talk a lot about loving yourself withouth scrwaming It like Bad shonen ... Full metal alchemist brotherhood even Talk about rule a country withouth having malice (riza say that to Roy) ... Many animes ...

I couldn't read your post. Everything is so messed up... i'm dying.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Feb 3, 2020 6:54 AM

Jul 2016
inim said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:
I don't want:
-Unnecessary incest

I'm pretty sure something like Koi Kaze,where the incest is in the forefront and is the main point of the anime.The incest is necessary because the anime makes it a point to show the tabooness of the subject,and the whole concept revolves precisely around that.You can't take out the incest and not end up with a drastically different show.

SummerynFeb 3, 2020 6:59 AM
Feb 3, 2020 6:56 AM

Jan 2017
I don't want to see too much romance in an Anime (just like in any other media). I just don't like it and I'm not interested in that.
There can be hints of romance but if it's too much it really gets boring for me.
Feb 3, 2020 7:05 AM

Apr 2019
Missaliensan said:
inim said:

I'm pretty sure something like Koi Kaze,where the incest is in the forefront and is the main point of the anime. The incest is necessary because the anime makes it a point to show the tabooness of the subject,and the whole concept revolves precisely around that. You can't take out the incest and not end up with a drastically different show.
I love Koi Kaze and see your point. What I don't see is that it's possible to draw a meaningful line between "necessary" and "unnecessary" incest. All you say applies to Oreimo and Eromanga-sensei, and hell even Aki Sora just as well. All four are "drastically different shows" when you remove their main subject matter. Of course they do.

Maneki-Mew said:
Bland and generic style with almost no background detail too etc. Also these "soulless" big eyes.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33206/Kobayashi-san_Chi_no_Maid_Dragon
A random pick. Something like that. It's so shiny! x.x
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, of all potential examples with moe character designs, to me seems like the most unfortunate pick. It's one of the smartest comedies in recent years, and it's on your PTW. I'm outing me as a fanboy of that show here, and ask you to not judge a book by the cover, or a show you didn't watch by the DVD case.

Feb 3, 2020 7:06 AM

Jul 2016
inim said:
Missaliensan said:

I'm pretty sure something like Koi Kaze,where the incest is in the forefront and is the main point of the anime. The incest is necessary because the anime makes it a point to show the tabooness of the subject,and the whole concept revolves precisely around that. You can't take out the incest and not end up with a drastically different show.
I love Koi Kaze and see your point. What I don't see is that it's possible to draw a meaningful line between "necessary" and "unnecessary" incest. All you say applies to Oreimo and Eromanga-sensei, and hell even Aki Sora just as well. All four are "drastically different shows" when you remove their main subject matter ...

I think with Oreimo and Eromanga sensei if you remove the part about them being brother/sister,the result would still be a pervy comedy anime.With other anime(such as Koi Kaze) that that explore incest in a more in depth and serious manner it would be impossible not to expect the show's thematic nuances to fall apart without the topic of incest at hand.
Feb 3, 2020 7:10 AM

Apr 2019
Missaliensan said:
inim said:
I love Koi Kaze and see your point. What I don't see is that it's possible to draw a meaningful line between "necessary" and "unnecessary" incest. All you say applies to Oreimo and Eromanga-sensei, and hell even Aki Sora just as well. All four are "drastically different shows" when you remove their main subject matter ...

I think with Oreimo and Eromanga sensei if you remove the part about them being brother/sister,the result would still be a pervy comedy anime.With other anime(such as Koi Kaze) that that explore incest in a more in depth and serious manner it would be impossible not to expect the show's thematic nuances to fall apart without the topic of incest at hand.
Somewhat true for Eromanga, certainly not true for Oreimo if you ignore the TV endings and stick with the light novel endings which are OVAs to avoid a shitstorm. And Koi Kaze would be an outstanding romance without incest as well. And lest we forget, it has two divise subject matters, incest and an age gap of more than 10 years. Whether the loli love story, the incest love story, or none of the two triggers you is already very subjective.

Feb 3, 2020 7:58 AM

Jul 2014
Dence,pussy,beta ass male main chars. I despise the shit out of them.
Old fashioned tsundere girls that physically abuses the mc for no good fcking reason.
Feb 3, 2020 8:02 AM

Jun 2019
Completely dense high school girls like in Orange, Kimi ni Todoke, etc. It's hard to watch for me.

Feb 3, 2020 8:03 AM

Jul 2016
-Stray said:
Dence,pussy,beta ass male main chars. I despise the shit out of them.
Old fashioned tsundere girls that physically abuses the mc for no good fcking reason.

I don't mind beta males as long as they have some semblance of self awareness and have a reason for acting the way they do.But I prefer confident characters more.
But yeah violent tsunderes are out of style and unappealing to me. I lean more on the dere side than the tsun tbh.
SummerynFeb 3, 2020 8:06 AM
Feb 3, 2020 8:06 AM

Oct 2018
-don't make it too erotic
-rape/ntr/cheating/attempt rape
-forced comedy
-family type anime turned to incest anime...
-not fully adapt from manga or LN
-naive, wimpy mc
-Ecchi (just make hentai)
-don't kill character like it was nothing. (
)

Feb 3, 2020 8:07 AM
Jan 2020
ROMANCE, ECCHI/HAREM ANIME. I CAN’T STAND THESE.
Feb 3, 2020 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
inim said:
Missaliensan said:

I love Koi Kaze and see your point. What I don't see is that it's possible to draw a meaningful line between "necessary" and "unnecessary" incest. All you say applies to Oreimo and Eromanga-sensei, and hell even Aki Sora just as well. All four are "drastically different shows" when you remove their main subject matter. Of course they do.

Maneki-Mew said:
Bland and generic style with almost no background detail too etc. Also these "soulless" big eyes.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33206/Kobayashi-san_Chi_no_Maid_Dragon
A random pick. Something like that. It's so shiny! x.x
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, of all potential examples with moe character designs, to me seems like the most unfortunate pick. It's one of the smartest comedies in recent years, and it's on your PTW. I'm outing me as a fanboy of that show here, and ask you to not judge a book by the cover, or a show you didn't watch by the DVD case.

I mean, I believe you that. I often heard how good it is and I might watch it someday... like a hundreds of others... someday lol
I just referred to the visuals and the colors, not the actual content, don't worry.
Feb 8, 2020 10:57 PM
Nov 2015
White_Hollow said:
freizel said:

I couldn't read your post. Everything is so messed up... i'm dying.

Sorry, english is not my first language, and i write this when i was sleepy idk why ... In resume i say watch barakamon , the end
Feb 8, 2020 11:09 PM

Sep 2008
beta mcs
"I like him because he's nice"
no closure
yelling attack names
filler
bad animation or lack of animation
obnoxious ripoffs that just ride the tailwind of something popular
usage of bad cgi instead of tracing it.
tsunderes
fujobait
current year politics
censorship

that's all I can think of right now.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Feb 8, 2020 11:24 PM

Nov 2018
I don't want to hear Kaji Yuki voicing a main protagonist again.In 90%+ of times his character gonna be an annoying overpowered crybaby with his own harem.
I hate everyone equally
Feb 8, 2020 11:24 PM

Dec 2018
I don't want shows that I would rate a 5 or below.
Feb 8, 2020 11:30 PM
Jul 2018
nyugvo6 said:

"I like him because he's nice"

That's what's always bothered me in harem anime: how the guy is just as nice as the average person, yet the girls act like he's the only person to be basically nice. Like, in a harem anime, the guy will open the door for a girl, and she'll just immediately fall in love with him. Actual romance is much more complex: there's usually chemistry (conversations through common interests), and physical attraction.
Feb 8, 2020 11:30 PM
Jul 2018
CGI mixed with 2d animation. CGI by itself can be fine if it's done well, but even good CGI just sticks out like a sore thumb when it's combined with 2d animation.
Feb 9, 2020 1:15 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
A reduction in tropes would be nice or at least more originality in their execution. Anime is easily one of the, if not THE, worst mediums of entertainment for relying on recycling tropes in uncreative ways. Some anime are just a collection of tropes from their genre with little to no content beyond that. They just feel mass produced. Shounen and Ecchi are probably the worst offenders in my experience.

Censorship. Japan is pretty strict on certain forms of censorship. Western dubbing and subbing companies are fairly strict on other things. Just chill out censoring stuff people, no one ever watched an anime like Dragon Ball then went and Kamehameha Waved their school.

A little less fanservice in some series would also be nice. It's often a crutch for lack of actual content in an episode.

Less "power fantasy" themes. Like escapism is nice and all but it's not very entertaining when the main character is unreasonably overpowered and has a bajillion anime babes hanging off his crotch.

The total removal of these bad CG anime Netflix is largely, but not solely, responsible for.
Sasori_NagashiFeb 9, 2020 1:22 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 9, 2020 1:24 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
Oh yeah if Funimation and Crunchyroll could disappear that would also be great.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 9, 2020 2:25 AM

Aug 2019
Fan-service in an otherwise serious anime.
Feb 9, 2020 10:11 AM

Feb 2020
I don’t like love triangles very often. Sometimes they can work, but the author has to be clever about how they write it.

Really simple and weak love triangles are the ones I hate. The ones where if they didn’t exist you wouldn’t lose anything from the show. That just means the triangle is pointless!
LustboiFeb 9, 2020 12:23 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Which 3 unpopular anime from the late 90s-mid 00s would you recommend?

WitherThrakh - Apr 13

19 by alshu »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

29 by Azuchi »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

29 by vasipi4946 »»
17 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 4 hours ago

5 by alshu »»
24 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

61 by Ricchan__ »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.