Forum Settings
Forums

Is there something you always skip in anime?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 16, 2019 9:17 AM

Mar 2012
The only time I skip anything while watching an anime is the op/ed when it's in Engrish.
Jun 16, 2019 9:21 AM

Jul 2016
I'm watching Naruto Shippuden right now, and I'm about to skip a fight scene that I know is coming up and is gonna last at least a full episode, because it's literally only there to fill time. Apparently a lot of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden is like this, but, if nothing else, it means I'll finish the show a lot faster
Jun 16, 2019 9:25 AM
Mar 2016
I always skip the openings and endings. Not only to save time, but because the opening is typically a minor spoiler as well (shows characters, and certain scenes that may actually take place). I'll usually watch them for the last episode, though. I'm also careful to check after the ending because sometimes there are important scenes after the credits!

In terms of things I find annoying... well, if that stuff is in the show to a terrible extent, I'd just drop the show. But for some of my pet peeves, I'll take out my earbuds to mute it. I do this for especially lame dialogue and some other things, most notably the horrible stock sound of children laughing/frolicking that is far too often played during nostalgia scenes, etc. It is so unrealistic and cringe-worthy that I can't bear to deal with it.
Jun 16, 2019 9:37 AM

Aug 2017
I know I will end up on the gallows for this but I always skip the Opening and the Ending,I also sometimes skip some episode if I know that the events that happen in it are boring
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2019 9:48 AM

Mar 2018
Always skip OP and ED. Full of spoilers smh
poop
Jun 16, 2019 9:50 AM

May 2011
A completionnist, in paper, doesn't skip. Unless it's an OP I detest, like the one in the first season of Tokyo Ghouls. I gotta say, I even replay certain scenes I am not completely sure to get - even when they displease me - so that I get to appraise the show as a whole as honestly as possible.

Besides, I don't watch Endings usually, unless they're top tier. I also always skip previews as they're often laid out very badly: they give away all the new developments as part of the show's promotion, which is a counter productive move.
Jun 16, 2019 9:57 AM
Dec 2015
Usually when something overly fetish-y/sexual appears out of nowhere. But I usually just straight up drop the anime if it happens more than once.

Also openings/endings if I don't like the songs, lol.
Jun 16, 2019 9:58 AM

Aug 2018
1 - generally OPs and EDs
2 - some cliches (someone getting lost and wasting 1/2 of the episode looking him/her until the MC finds them, this one is really annoying)
3 - long coversations about things that take themselves too seriously, that make no sense or that are purely pseudo-scientific stuff that are totally pointless and stupid (SAO and Bunny sempai have this issue for example)
4 - some fking idol scene...
Jun 16, 2019 10:18 AM

Jul 2013
Almost always skip the opening and ending cuz 3 mins less.
Jun 16, 2019 10:21 AM
Mar 2016
Opening and Ending unless it's good asf like YYH
Nature scenes
Bubbly shoujo scenes
Secondhand embarrassment scenes
Jun 16, 2019 11:13 AM

Aug 2016
1048596beta said:
Usually I skip summaries of the previous episode(s) and previews for the next episode.
This and I'll throw in the OP and ED if I don't like them very much, otherwise I actually watch the OPs and EDs every time.
Jun 16, 2019 11:42 AM

Sep 2014
I skip openings and endings if I don't like them (I like majority of anime ops though) or get bored of them.

As for actual content I don't skip anything. Maybe in the series that tend to do the pointless 1 minute recap every episode (mainly shonen shit) but that rarely happens.
Jun 16, 2019 12:12 PM

Nov 2016
I always skip the OPs and EDs, though there are rare occasions where I don't skip the OP because I like the song.

dragons and legends.
it would have been difficult for
any man not to want to fight
beside a dragon.
Jun 16, 2019 12:32 PM

Nov 2009
The next episode previews if I’m not watching a weekly anime
Jun 16, 2019 12:36 PM

Mar 2015
The Plot. I only watch anime for the plot

Oh and recap episodes.
Jun 16, 2019 1:13 PM

Aug 2018
As everyone else had said, I tend to skip both the opening and the ending after a bit. Unless it's catchy, that's another story.
╔════════════════ • • ════════════════╗
Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind
I want to get off, but I keep riding the ride
I never really noticed that I had to decide
To play someone's game, or live my own life
- Get Free, Lana Del Rey

╚════════════════ • • ════════════════╝
Jun 16, 2019 1:22 PM

Aug 2015
Endings (unless I love them)
Recaps
Previews (for example like in HxH and One Piece)
Most of the filler
Movies that are not canon
Alternative universes series
Some openings
Things like the beach episode or those things (even though I do not watch too much anime with those kind of cliches).
Jun 16, 2019 1:49 PM
Sep 2016
I often skip openings and endings with the exception of if I groove to the song, as well as filler. I must be doing something wrong because I haven't come across any recap episodes in any of the shows I've watched (at least that I remember, I suppose recaps are good for forgetful folks like me though).
Pakumen- said:

Things like the beach episode or those things (even though I do not watch too much anime with those kind of cliches).

And yes, the obligatory beach episodes. Why is that a common thing 😂
Jun 16, 2019 2:19 PM

Jul 2011
Openings and Endings sometimes and Recaps if there are any

Jun 16, 2019 2:29 PM
Apr 2018
For me, animes with really cringe parts that hurt the main character but don't matter in the long run. Say, main character being denied or making really bad choices. I hate parts like those
Jun 16, 2019 2:30 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
if you skip certain parts of an anime then you can't claim you've seen the whole thing
Jun 16, 2019 2:32 PM

Feb 2010
Unless the op and ed are extremely good I usually skip them

EcchiGodMamster said:
if you skip certain parts of an anime then you can't claim you've seen the whole thing

I would say thats true for in episode things but you dont need to see the same opening 12 times to claim you've watched an anime.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 16, 2019 2:33 PM
Apr 2019
Recaps. I’ve probably skipped at least 30 full episodes of recap in One Piece alone
Jun 16, 2019 2:40 PM
May 2019
I hate recap and flashbacks (not new information) so much. Tend to skip all of that.
“I’m not going there to die. I’m going there to find out if I’m really alive.”

- Spike Spiegel
Jun 16, 2019 2:43 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
hazarddex said:
Unless the op and ed are extremely good I usually skip them

EcchiGodMamster said:

I would say thats true for in episode things but you dont need to see the same opening 12 times to claim you've watched an anime.

well i mean.. thats kinda obvious... lol

the OP/ED aren't the episode
Jun 16, 2019 8:53 PM
Jul 2018
Haram I'm not actually Muslim even though I'm Turkish to the idea of EVER skipping scenes in anime. When you cite an anime episode completed on MAL, it is assumed that you watched every scene. Even when I was a kid, I never skipped scenes. I'm all about consuming the whole context, no matter how bad it is.
Jun 16, 2019 9:05 PM
BL Connoisseur

Oct 2008
- OP and ED songs (if I like them, I might watch them if the previous episode didn't end on a cliffhanger or I wasn't too desperate to get to the actual content)
- Summaries of the previous episode shown in the beginning of the current episode, unless I watched the previous episode at least more than 2 weeks from the current one
- Previews for the next episode
- Recap episodes (if I don't remember anything, I just rewatch the episode itself - or even the entire series up to that point)
- Flashbacks (if it takes a considerable amount of time and is so dragging it feels like a recap episode)
gwendal738Jun 16, 2019 9:37 PM

I am forever your most devoted believer.

Oct 2018
i only skip cringe parts and go back to watch them so i skip nothing

Mar 2019
OP and ED if they are garbage and recap/previews.
Jun 16, 2019 9:13 PM

Mar 2018
I usually skip the ending, unless it's really good.
Jun 16, 2019 9:23 PM

Jan 2019
skip all OP and ED except for the first/last episode of a series

Jun 17, 2019 1:02 AM
Nov 2016
about 2 years ago, i would literally skip anime scenes that bored me just to watch the anime for that specific character/scene.
but now i dont
If the opening is to my liking i would usually watch the whole of it, skipping it only when something intense happens in the anime, something i cant wait to watch.
Same for endings
Jun 17, 2019 1:07 AM

Jul 2013
The OP and ED ofc
And in Magical girl shows case it's the pointless long ass transformation and recycled finishers

Jun 17, 2019 1:33 AM

Jun 2015
romagia said:
yes; everything but the opening and ending themes
so u only watch the opening and endings? tf?
HaXXspetten said:
Well the OP and ED when I've already seen the same one before is usually an automatic skip 90 seconds forwards. I'd imagine the same is true for most people

Other than that, not really. Skipping actual new content feels wrong to me.
literally this
operationvalkyri said:
I had no idea so many people skipped OPs and EDs. They're quite often the best part of the show. I only skip them if I actively dislike the song.

OP: I have only skipped some HunterxHunter long winded chimera ant fights. The show wasn't bad enough for me to drop but those episodes weren't engaging enough for me to sit through.
is surprised SSOOOOO MANY ppl skip op/eds

skips shit in HXH CA arc

you ppl are the reason aliens wont contact us
Jun 17, 2019 1:45 AM
Jul 2018
KuroudoAkabane said:
operationvalkyri said:
I had no idea so many people skipped OPs and EDs. They're quite often the best part of the show. I only skip them if I actively dislike the song.

OP: I have only skipped some HunterxHunter long winded chimera ant fights. The show wasn't bad enough for me to drop but those episodes weren't engaging enough for me to sit through.
is surprised SSOOOOO MANY ppl skip op/eds

skips shit in HXH CA arc

you ppl are the reason aliens wont contact us
Lol! Blasphemy, I know. I couldn't stop my eyes rolling when Shaiapouf went on those endless monologues. I'm still hanging in there with the arc, though. Not even aliens can stop me from finishing it.
Jun 17, 2019 1:53 AM

Jun 2010
I have the habit of multi-tasking. When watching anime, I will read manga when the opening and ending songs start. Then back to the anime when the songs end.

Anime usually has timing for new OP and ED. I will watch at the beginning first or second episode (some OP will only appear on 2nd episode), and when new OP and ED come in between. When it comes to the music, I will listen to the lyrics and watch the preview-inserts. Some production has engaged good composers who are able to compose music according to the set which is in tune to the anime's particular or specific arc, scene or story line. Hence, it becomes more enjoyable watching the anime with the music as a compliment to it. :)

Other than the above stated, I don't skip any part of the show.
Jun 17, 2019 2:14 AM

Jun 2015
operationvalkyri said:
Lol! Blasphemy, I know. I couldn't stop my eyes rolling when Shaiapouf went on those endless monologues. I'm still hanging in there with the arc, though. Not even aliens can stop me from finishing it.
the Arc IS abt aliens

also, HXH had opening and ending I didnt skip.

well I watched ti on tv, so I couldnt, but I liked those songs , actually downloaded em.
Jun 17, 2019 2:26 AM
Oct 2018
usually opening and ending to save time *sweats*
and unnecessary romance, ecchi shit i cant take hufff...
Jun 17, 2019 2:31 AM

Nov 2016
OP, ED and annoying forced comedy with "body graphic deforming" or how to say it (mostly seen in konosuba)
Jun 17, 2019 2:38 AM
Jul 2018
KuroudoAkabane said:
the Arc IS abt aliens

well I watched ti on tv, so I couldnt, but I liked those songs , actually downloaded em.
Huh. I always thought the chimeras were highly evolved beings. More like Godzilla than aliens.

The first two HxH endings are spectacular!
Jun 17, 2019 3:10 AM

Jun 2015
operationvalkyri said:
KuroudoAkabane said:
the Arc IS abt aliens

Huh. I always thought the chimeras were highly evolved beings. More like Godzilla than aliens.

The first two HxH endings are spectacular!
they are both, the original ants are highly susecptible and mutagenic. they then come here and mix their own open DNA with earthlings [animal and human alike] and evolve to be the most evolved on earth, they were chimeraic and accepting of alien [for them[ dna to begin with.

also Aliens as in from a different realm, plane of existence [like the mythological heaven, hell asgard(non mcu) etc] not from a galaxy far far away or mars....

the dark continent isnt an actual continent like australia [which is fake] on the planet nor is it shown as an actual different planet, so a different plane of existence is the only thing that makes sense from what ever much [little actually] is shown
Jun 17, 2019 3:29 AM
Jul 2018
KuroudoAkabane said:
Might want to add a spoiler tag to that.
Jun 17, 2019 8:32 AM

Aug 2018
I tend to miss a few details but not entire sequences
Jun 17, 2019 10:02 AM
Jun 2019
The endings, and really boring fillers. Like those tens of thousands of fillers they had in the Naruto series, I watched most of them but it physically hurt to watch them.
Jun 17, 2019 10:40 AM

Aug 2017
Ending of anime and pass series, (if show with 50+ series in 1 season)
Jun 17, 2019 11:57 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
I always skip recap episodes because I'm usually still aware of what has happened before.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jun 17, 2019 12:20 PM
Nov 2016
Pretty much always skip endings since I'm too hyper to go and watch another episode so don't have time to listen to the ending.
Jun 17, 2019 2:15 PM

Jan 2018
Obviously stuff that I have already seen before, with the exception of wanting to see the same thing again such as the opening.
ええ、私はそこにいてそれをやった

Jun 18, 2019 6:13 AM
May 2009
Recently Ops and Endings if they are bad or don't fit the anime.
I recently started skipping parts of Naruto Shippuden episodes cause they were too predicatable or repeat scenes.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

55 by Fischer77 »»
34 seconds ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

239 by TitanOfPlasma »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

60 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
11 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

14 by billybub »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 2 hours ago

9 by Rhaelynne »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.