Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 14, 2019 4:16 AM

Dec 2013
Playing MGS5 is like forever for me. I get bored of it too much sometimes. And when I played it, I prioritize the side ops than the main one, simply because I like to increase the amount of high ranking staffs in my base, or like getting that legendary gunsmith to custom your weapon, and other benefits of side ops. Whereas when I played Nier Automata, I finished only in 4 days. MGS 5 took me like almost a year because I play it on and off. How about you guys? How long does it take for you to finish this game?

I recall MGS 4 also is much easier than this. I would say MGS 5 is the most challenging Metal Gear series I ever played

Jun 14, 2019 4:35 AM

May 2018
I didn't play it anymore but it's easily one of the best games I ever play. Shame the way Konami treat Hideo Kojima. My main complain on MGS 5 is too many repetitive missions.
Jun 14, 2019 4:36 AM

Aug 2015
MGS5 was actually the first in the series that I played, so picture my confusion as I tried to understand the story.

I'm not playing it any longer, but I have been tempted to replace my launch copy with the complete edition that has extra content.
"More than the cherry blossoms,
Inviting a wind to blow them away,
I am wondering what to do,
With the remaining springtime."

-Asano Naganori
Jun 14, 2019 4:41 AM

Dec 2013
Gorochu said:
I didn't play it anymore but it's easily one of the best games I ever play. Shame the way Konami treat Hideo Kojima. My main complain on MGS 5 is too many repetitive missions.

Also the stealth camo has time and amount consumable limit, I would enjoy to mess around with the enemy soldiers if its unlimited

Jun 14, 2019 4:45 AM

May 2018
philtecturophy said:
Gorochu said:

Also the stealth camo has time and amount consumable limit, I would enjoy to mess around with the enemy soldiers if its unlimited

There are couple of missions that I replay where instead of getting to the main objectives, I go around killing the other enemies or recruit them until the enemy base got no one left. Feel like a BOSS doing that.
Jun 14, 2019 5:44 AM

Dec 2013
Gorochu said:
philtecturophy said:

There are couple of missions that I replay where instead of getting to the main objectives, I go around killing the other enemies or recruit them until the enemy base got no one left. Feel like a BOSS doing that.

Thats pretty much what I like to do also. I aim to incease my heroism rank, and also getting those elite soldiers with rank A+ and more. My r&d now level 30, and combat also 30. The others are 20 something -_-

One think that I am happy about recently I can custom my tranquilizer sniper with supressor, due to that legendary gunsmith

Jun 14, 2019 9:52 AM
Feb 2016
I got it in 2016 and from there to 2017 I put over 100+ hours in the game. I eventually gave it away when I got bored with it, but by the same token I don't exactly regret my time with it.

Jun 14, 2019 3:59 PM

Dec 2013
_Sofi_ said:
I got it in 2016 and from there to 2017 I put over 100+ hours in the game. I eventually gave it away when I got bored with it, but by the same token I don't exactly regret my time with it.

Wow 100+ hours yet you did not finish the game and drop it. I know its good, but that makes me wanna drop it too

Jun 14, 2019 8:46 PM

Feb 2019
Gorochu said:

This got tedious, especially when they gave you almost 20 of the same kind of side-op. I still see why they did it, though. The core of MGS5 is you building the boss' legacy... A lot of that is a history of simple operations and recruitment. Just like real life is what happens between the panels in a comic book, you're establishing a presence between major events in the MC's story.
Jun 14, 2019 8:48 PM

May 2018
SamHandwich said:
Gorochu said:

This got tedious, especially when they gave you almost 20 of the same kind of side-op. I still see why they did it, though. The core of MGS5 is you building the boss' legacy... A lot of that is a history of simple operations and recruitment. Just like real life is what happens between the panels in a comic book, you're establishing a presence between major events in the MC's story.

If I'm not mistaken,I read it somewhere that Kojima wasn't given enough time to complete the game.
Jun 14, 2019 8:53 PM

Feb 2019
Gorochu said:

If I'm not mistaken,I read it somewhere that Kojima wasn't given enough time to complete the game.

Yeah, the original plan was to have it end with a big metal gear fight. Eli gets the parasite, and Mantis removes it with telekinesis.
Jun 14, 2019 9:31 PM
Feb 2016
philtecturophy said:
_Sofi_ said:

Wow 100+ hours yet you did not finish the game and drop it. I know its good, but that makes me wanna drop it too

Well I did neglect to mention that I did finish it. I finished the main story and most of the main missions (sans some of the extreme ones)

I'd say if you do drop it at least finish the final story mission

Jun 15, 2019 1:12 AM
May 2018
At the moment, no, but I hope I will return to it sooner or later.

As a long time fan of Metal Gear series (got into it in early 2000s), who played those games countless times, I had some problems with MGSV such as:

- treatment of Peace Walker characters in it, especially Paz, who I believed had a much bigger potential

- no David Hayter at all

- no boss fight with the main villain

- plot twist which could have been done much better

- overall feeling of game simply being incomplete, but maybe that is just me

That being said, fact is that MGSV has one of the best, if not the best gameplay than any game I experienced before:

- controls are great

- open world, while empty for most part between bases, and outposts, offers a lot of approaches, and options when you infiltrate those

- there are so many weapons, and items, as well as buddies, so you can complete missions in who knows how many different ways, and be very creative about them

For what is worth, gameplay-wise, MGSV has a huge replay value, IMO.
Jun 15, 2019 3:20 PM

Jul 2017
Really? MGSV felt like the easiest mgs game out there. Especially with how open world it is missions didn't really feel that hard to complete

But yea nowadays I don't really play it anymore but I did play the shit out of it at first, hell even got the game on both PC and PS4. Apart from the gameplay though the story was pretty meh in comparison to the other MGS games and the ending didn't feel intense at all
Jun 15, 2019 4:13 PM

Jul 2009
I used to play the heck out of it during my undergrad years and even went out of my way to get the platinum trophy. Definitely not perfect since the missions can get really repetitive, but a fun game nevertheless. The online FOB system is insanely addictive, so I'm hoping Kojima will include something similar in Death Stranding. I think the game receives too much hate from fans (critics loved it, though).

But the hardest MGS? Not by a long shot tbh. It's far easier than 4 and especially 3. The only difficult missions were those involving Skulls and the last level before the final boss.
Jun 15, 2019 5:17 PM

Dec 2013
Skittles said:
I used to play the heck out of it during my undergrad years and even went out of my way to get the platinum trophy. Definitely not perfect since the missions can get really repetitive, but a fun game nevertheless. The online FOB system is insanely addictive, so I'm hoping Kojima will include something similar in Death Stranding. I think the game receives too much hate from fans (critics loved it, though).

But the hardest MGS? Not by a long shot tbh. It's far easier than 4 and especially 3. The only difficult missions were those involving Skulls and the last level before the final boss.

I am quite certain though IMO that MGS5 is harder than 3 and 4. Mainly because in MGS5, we do not have energy bar, so few shots will make snake dies. Basically MGS5 really require us as much as possible to play stealth , else death is almost certain. Although, in MGS5 there is a health recovery period, that is why ration is no need. But still I think its more challenging. The enemy's AI also is more advanced I think in MGS5

Jun 16, 2019 12:11 AM

Jun 2016
MGSV is a broken masterpiece that leaves you feeling a literal phantom pain because of what could have been.

It's easily the most replayable.

But it's not better than 3.
Jun 16, 2019 12:39 PM

Jul 2017
philtecturophy said:
Skittles said:

I am quite certain though IMO that MGS5 is harder than 3 and 4. Mainly because in MGS5, we do not have energy bar, so few shots will make snake dies. Basically MGS5 really require us as much as possible to play stealth , else death is almost certain. Although, in MGS5 there is a health recovery period, that is why ration is no need. But still I think its more challenging. The enemy's AI also is more advanced I think in MGS5

I mean, with all the upgrades Konami keeps adding, having a lvl 10 battle dress practically makes you invincible in some cases. Plus just put on GZ sneaking suit or regular one and stealth becomes much easier (cause there's no camo index mechanic afaik). But yeah like @Skittles said the only somewhat difficult missions were the ones involving Skulls and only really the sniper ones cause they can easily wreck you

Plus going loud wasn't really difficult in the first place lmao. Just take cover for a little bit and you pretty much insta regen
Jun 16, 2019 12:49 PM

Jun 2019
Not a fan of this game one bit. Only bought this to see how my PC would run on it.
Jun 16, 2019 3:17 PM

Nov 2008
I prefer the original trilogy and even the story of 4 over this one. Old ones had more focused gameplay too. This is the only one I'll probably never replay.

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

56 by BitChilly »»
3 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
3 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
4 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
6 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.